• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please keep your promise dev teams

L

Lore Master

Please keep your promise to us dev teams you promised us that the new halloween quest will last until Nov 17th in trammel and players are trying to destroy all of the totem skulls in tram like crazy to force players to come to fel which is very wrong. so please make it impossible to destroy all the totem skulls in tram until novemeber 17th thanks.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no cheese Icon in the smileys. This should be remedied immediately.

I wonder if there is anyone on the boards whose name would be restful that could provide us with something complementary.

W

wrekognize

I don’t think destroying the totem ends anything. That was someone’s speculation of what might happen when it’s destroyed.

N

Ni-

Please keep your promise to us dev teams you promised us that the new halloween quest will last until Nov 17th in trammel and players are trying to destroy all of the totem skulls in tram like crazy to force players to come to fel which is very wrong. so please make it impossible to destroy all the totem skulls in tram until novemeber 17th thanks.
Is the system set up to where you distroy one, then that graveyard will no longer spawn, or you must destroy them all to get all the spawn on the whole shard to stop? Is the spawn even that dynamic? It might just be set up like that in the story, yet not really work like that, then when it's over it'll be said that enough damage had been done to the totems...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has any shard destroyed one yet? Atlantic Britain graveyard still has one and I think that would be one of the very first to go.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destroying the totems is actually part of the quest. It's a choice that each shard can make for themselves whether they want to RP the normal behavior of a community invaded by destroying the source of the invasion, or keep it active to farm the items out of it. The number of "HP" of each totem is fairly high and not everyone will be using their venom sac on them. So it will be a while before they are all destroyed unless Sicarii is being farmed around the clock and every single drop of venom is used.

Some Feluccans have exposed their plans of destroying all the Totems in Trammel to force Trammelites into Felucca. Beat them at their own game. Destroy their totems so they will have nothing else to bait you with. Or farm the graveyards while you can. How each shard handles the outcome of the quest is up to you, not up to us. :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player control of a game mechanic. What on earth will we do with all... That... POWER!

*cackles maniacally*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player control of a game mechanic. What on earth will we do with all... That... POWER!

*cackles maniacally*

Viquire - You sound like you have that good ol' Fel/Siege spirit!! We need more people with your attitude... on all shards, of course. :thumbsup:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destroying the totems is actually part of the quest. It's a choice that each shard can make for themselves whether they want to RP the normal behavior of a community invaded by destroying the source of the invasion, or keep it active to farm the items out of it. The number of "HP" of each totem is fairly high and not everyone will be using their venom sac on them. So it will be a while before they are all destroyed unless Sicarii is being farmed around the clock and every single drop of venom is used.

Some Feluccans have exposed their plans of destroying all the Totems in Trammel to force Trammelites into Felucca. Beat them at their own game. Destroy their totems so they will have nothing else to bait you with. Or farm the graveyards while you can. How each shard handles the outcome of the quest is up to you, not up to us. :)
I gotta ask.. if the event was going to be limited time ANYWAY, why the hell did you program FURTHER limits into it? All this will do is get people angry that aren't able to get on and mess around with it fast enough (like me who is stuck without being able to play).

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Being mostly a Trammel player myself when playing on Europa I still think it would be fun to see the Totems in Trammel destroyed just to see how the Trammel players would handle it.

Would we (I would) go over to Felucca and hold our ground? We sure have the numbers for it.

Or would we just give up?

Would actually be quite interesting to see...

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She thinks outside the box and refuses to allow us to convince ourselves that we are victims. I love it.

D

D'Amavir

We came up with more ways to force trammel players that don't want to go to Fel to go to Fel so that more people would be agree at the opposite facet of their own. We do this because, to us, this game is a joke and we just add stuff to watch people scurry around and bring out the worst behavior in everyone.

Seriously, trying to make people go to Fel, either by coercing them there to 'beat them at their own game' or by making a system that allows one facet to control anything at all on another facet, is just a bad mistake. Again, I don't see how things like this are accidental.

First, turning UO into IO, then making plans to close down TC and Origin, now putting in a system that can potentially force players to a facet not of their choosing. Just admit you want to destroy the game.

D

D'Amavir

She thinks outside the box and refuses to allow us to convince ourselves that we are victims. I love it.
You really don't see how this just increases the animosity between the facets? Really? As if there isn't enough of that already.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That smiley should be an evil grin.

Some will find this very much interesting. The theme of the development posts as of late are very telling. There is much behind the scenes that not everyone will pick up on at first. Of course, there are some that have seen the signs of change. Careful not to bite the hand that feeds you too hard.

Very interesting...

E

ElRay

Some Feluccans have exposed their plans of destroying all the Totems in Trammel to force Trammelites into Felucca. Beat them at their own game. Destroy their totems so they will have nothing else to bait you with.
Does anyone else see the irony in that statement? Isnt destroying totems in Felucca, BY TRAMMELITES......forcing Trammelites to come to Felucca anyhow?

So either way, youre going to Felucca, deal with it, says Regine_EAMythic

D

D'Amavir

Does anyone else see the irony in that statement? Isnt destroying totems in Felucca, BY TRAMMELITES......forcing Trammelites to come to Felucca anyhow?

So either way, youre going to Felucca, deal with it, says Regine_EAMythic
Exactly. Nice to see that I am not the only one able to see through the stuff left behind in the Jhelom Bull Pens. "Go to Fel so that you aren't forced to go to Fel. By the way, we removed the guardzones there now so you can be attacked in towns too". Brilliant.

D

dielock

The simple solution is not to go to Fel at all. The heck with the dev team for trying to force us to play a game we don't want to play.

Those clowns just do not get it do they? There was a reason a vast majority left fel and came to tram. The reason for me and most everyone I have ever talked to was simple. We want to play our game not someone else idea of what we should play. And I got tired of getting all my ingots taken after hours and hours of mining.

Get with it devs. and quit trying to force us to do things we don't want to do.

D

D'Amavir

The simple solution is not to go to Fel at all. The heck with the dev team for trying to force us to play a game we don't want to play.

Those clowns just do not get it do they? There was a reason a vast majority left fel and came to tram. The reason for me and most everyone I have ever talked to was simple. We want to play our game not someone else idea of what we should play. And I got tired of getting all my ingots taken after hours and hours of mining.

Get with it devs. and quit trying to force us to do things we don't want to do.
Anyone that reads my posts, those that haven't put me on ignore, knows that I am a major supporter of the Fel playstyle. Not because I enjoy it myself, or that I even play that style, but because I think that games like this should offer as many choices as possible to ensure that they can maintain a large enough player base so that they can afford to hire top of the line developers and testers. UO clearly isn't there these days.

Forcing any one playstyle, be it free for all pvp in Fel or 'consent' only pvp in Trammel, should not be forced on anyone. Players should be given the choice for what playstyle they want. Choose Fel and you choose the Fel ruleset. Choose Trammel and you choose the Trammel ruleset. Making people from one go to the other just causes issues to arise and animosities to grow.

Doing that forces players into another choice, allow themselves to be forced into something they just don't enjoy, or find another game that doesn't force them into something they just don't enjoy. Which means an even smaller playerbase, which in turn means even less money to hire decent developers and testers. Which in turn leads to even more bugs. Which in turn leads to even a smaller playerbase. Rinse and repeat.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D'Amavir,

Reading your posts is interesting. You seem to ask me if I don't think inflaming one facet against another isn't a bad thing and yet later you emphasize how important you feel freedom of choice is. In fact you seem to stand fairly strongly on your right to play in a fel ruleset.

I couldn't agree more.

Why would I or anyone for that matter resign their innate right to travel where they want, play like they want, group if they want, solo if they want hunt if they want, story if they want and maybe in the process meet some others that do similar things.

Boldness can breed great success, and any group bold enough to undertake what Regine proposes would have a story they shared that might just bond them together for long enough to realize that they were capable of accomplishing far more than they had originally dreamed.

And what if that new found confidence bled over into their real life? OK its corny, but would you concede that it is possible?

I'm an optimist, or I try to be most of the time. And not a soul knows what they are truly capable of anywhere, until they decide to invest themselves and try.

No one is mandating a course of actions for anyone. I think the outline of a bold plan as stated above is nothing more than encouragement for those wearing blinders to remove them and see how they like the view.

D

D'Amavir

D'Amavir,

Reading your posts is interesting. You seem to ask me if I don't think inflaming one facet against another isn't a bad thing and yet later you emphasize how important you feel freedom of choice is. In fact you seem to stand fairly strongly on your right to play in a fel ruleset.

I couldn't agree more.

Why would I or anyone for that matter resign their innate right to travel where they want, play like they want, group if they want, solo if they want hunt if they want, story if they want and maybe in the process meet some others that do similar things.

Boldness can breed great success, and any group bold enough to undertake what Regine proposes would have a story they shared that might just bond them together for long enough to realize that they were capable of accomplishing far more than they had originally dreamed.

And what if that new found confidence bled over into their real life? OK its corny, but would you concede that it is possible?

I'm an optimist, or I try to be most of the time. And not a soul knows what they are truly capable of anywhere, until they decide to invest themselves and try.

No one is mandating a course of actions for anyone. I think the outline of a bold plan as stated above is nothing more than encouragement for those wearing blinders to remove them and see how they like the view.
Doing what you want, within reason, is the point. Making people do things they don't want is the issue. If you choose to go to Trammel and play, cool. If you choose to go to Fel to play, cool. If you force someone to do either, not so cool.

I am not one of those that equates choosing one facet style over the other with either immaturity (if you choose Fel) or fear (if you choose Trammel).

You claim to be an optimist. Great. But anyone knows that blind optimism is bad optimism. And if you can't see that giving Fel players a chance to take away things from Trammel or vise versa will end up causing more hostilities between the two, then blind optimism is definitely your set.

It all comes down to the end result, had EA designed this new arc in a way that allowed Trammel and Fel to compete against once another but not really impact one another, it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Say something like the facet that completed the most Totem removals in the given time had a statue placed on their facet proclaiming their victory, sweet. But to make it to where Fel players could take away a quest that many people wanted to complete, or a mob that many players wanted to hunt, just spells trouble. That's Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with 'what the heck were they thinking?'.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My optimism is not blind, but we are not seeing eye to eye, agreeably I might add.

In a way this whole publish with the exception of trick or treating is about how we affect each other during the course of our regular play and how we can provide each other with opportunities through our regular preferred playstyles.

Actually, I think the drama of some of our fel only ruleset posters may have rattled folks.

If the competition had been as you propose then it would have been flat and not very exhilarating to most players, so we get something slightly different from the norm. Ahh, spice in our diet. How novel.

Your opinion is of course your own, I just prefer to see that something good could come of it after looking for all the ways it might fail catastrophically, and making sure those possible outcomes are managed accordingly.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what the fuzz is all about. I severely doubt that the few Felucca players have the slightest chance to destroy any of the Trammel totems.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, the few Fel people I HAVE seen are also farming for items on Trammel, not trying to take the items away from Trammel.

It's easier to get the items without having to fight for them, and the profit is definitely with getting as many of the new items as you can.

I'll be watching this show with interest. My original plan of simply farming the items has fallen through since there are so many farmers out there that it isn't that much fun for me. I think I'll go back to trying to defend the cities all by myself.

Sakkarah... WONDERFUL quest by the way, I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you force someone to do either, not so cool.
They are not forcing anyone to do anything. In case of the very unlikely scenario of trammel finding all of its totems destroyed, no one is forcing you or me or anyone else to go to Felucca. There are plenty of other things to do in Sosaria besides graveyard hunting.

And even if Trammel totems are destroyed it will primarily be the result of "Trammel players" dropping the sacs to cleanse their graveyards.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you force someone to do either, not so cool.
They are not forcing anyone to do anything. In case of the very unlikely scenario of trammel finding all of its totems destroyed, no one is forcing you or me or anyone else to go to Felucca. There are plenty of other things to do in Sosaria besides graveyard hunting.

And even if Trammel totems are destroyed it will primarily be the result of "Trammel players" dropping the sacs to cleanse their graveyards.
Well said, Tomas.

D'Amavir, accept that you are master of your own fate, and choose accordingly - Just do not try to kid me, yourself, or anyone else that you are being "forced" to play an online game.

You remain the architect of your own experience. Enjoy it, or do not, as *you* choose.

D

D'Amavir

You are right. You aren't forced. Just like you aren't forced to go to Fel to get powerscrolls. There are other ways to get them. We never see posts from Trammel only players whining about powerscrolls do we? We never see posts from Trammel only players insulting ALL Fel players for trying to 'lure bait' to Fel while Fel players dominate the champ spawns. Nope, never.

I am sure that if a few Fel players really wanted to dominate the sac farming, and really work it hard, they could accomplish their goals. Will they? Not sure. Can they? Yes. If they did, people could also do other things, sure. But, if you haven't been reading this board in a few weeks, A LOT of people have been clammering for this new content for a long long time. Having it shut off even a day early because of the actions of a rival facet will lead to absolutely no hard feelings. You are right. Uh huh.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I myself; am a felluca player. I think I may have started this whole ripple in the water or whatever; but its the first time in A VERY LONG TIME something like this has happened.

As everyone mentioned; TRAM-ONLY events have been around way too long. Finally some event content has gotten to fell. And now; Tram&FEL (Which are almost a mirror of each other anyways) coincide the way it should of always been. I :heart: this event for that alone with fell factions having effects on tram. Now with being able to destory one or the other, just shows you what else can happen when a playerbase / guild / alliance / etc. gets together and sets their minds to it.

On a side note; lets say all the totems in tram are gone; and fell is where you have to go. You get some friends and your hunting; suddenly a few reds come. What happens if you fight them and beat them back? You realize "Wow, this was so much easier than we thought!! We should do everything in fell!! We have nothing to fear!" Or just bring your huge guilds and crush the reds.

IDK how it is on most shards; but on chessy, if the more "Trammel Based" guilds all got together; and came to fell with all there tamers and tons of players; mixed with the players who already pvp against us; I could easily see us being crushed. Numbers plays a huge part in PVP as far as group battles. How many guilds can say they could win 40v10 in a non choke point battle :gee:

I dont mean to grief trammies; but just have them experince some fell activites. Who knos; maybe you will have fun, make some new friends or at least have a new experince or two :)

Just my 2 cents.

D

D'Amavir

Well said, Tomas.

D'Amavir, accept that you are master of your own fate, and choose accordingly - Just do not try to kid me, yourself, or anyone else that you are being "forced" to play an online game.

You remain the architect of your own experience. Enjoy it, or do not, as *you* choose.
You are 100% right. Hopefully, this actuality will finally end the whole fel vs trammel fiasco as you have shown that you can not be 'forced' to do anything. Powerscrolls do not force anyone into Fel. Cutting off a major event early does not force anyone into Fel. As such, I expect no whining anyone if, or even if this does not, end with one side or the other impacting a facet's opportunities.

And no one ever said I felt forced to play an online game. In fact, should you choose to actually read my posts instead of just jumping onboard when your friends post things about them, you would see that I said that things like this will cause people to stop playing a game if they felt FORCED to do anything. No where did I say that anyone, me you or your friends in power, was forced to play a video game.

But, since what I say isn't as important as what you imagine I say, carry on with the belief that I did say that.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are 100% right. Hopefully, this actuality will finally end the whole fel vs trammel fiasco as you have shown that you can not be 'forced' to do anything. Powerscrolls do not force anyone into Fel. Cutting off a major event early does not force anyone into Fel. As such, I expect no whining anyone if, or even if this does not, end with one side or the other impacting a facet's opportunities.
There will always be some people unhappy about everything and anything. Talk straight instead of beating around the bush.

In fact, should you choose to actually read my posts instead of just jumping onboard when your friends post things about them.
Was that really needed?

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are 100% right.
Fixed it for you.

How odd to assume others might only agree with friends.

Look. I enjoy the benefits of all the facets. Some of my chars are restricted in their choices of facet, however, I fully accept even that reflects my own in-game choices.

The game remains big enough that there are scores of alternate activities in the event there is some place I'd rather not go.

Begging the Devs to keep their promise thereby not "forcing" folk into Felucca is a request which merely dismisses folks' individual power of choice as well as illustrating one's own inaccurate perceptions.

Just sayin'. rolleyes:

D

D'Amavir

Fixed it for you.

How odd to assume others might only agree with friends.

Look. I enjoy the benefits of all the facets. Some of my chars are restricted in their choices of facet, however, I fully accept even that reflects my own in-game choices.

The game remains big enough that there are scores of alternate activities in the event there is some place I'd rather not go.

Begging the Devs to keep their promise thereby not "forcing" folk into Felucca is a request which merely dismisses folks' individual power of choice as well as illustrating one's own inaccurate perceptions.

Just sayin'. rolleyes:
You have never seen me begging the devs to keep their promise. I know better than to do that. But, like I said, don't let what I say get in the way of what you imagine that I say.

I am hoping that the people in Fel (non scripters and scripters alike, hint hint) bust their tails for the next few days farming as many sacs as they can and shut down all of the totems in Trammel. Since we won't see one post from a person in Trammel whining about it, I don't see the problem with it happening.

But again, roll your eyes all you want. I say what I say and you imagine something different. Am I shocked? No. My experience on stratics has prepared me for that sort of thing. I am used to it.

D

D'Amavir

There will always be some people unhappy about everything and anything. Talk straight instead of beating around the bush.

Was that really needed?
The fact that you asked that shows that, yes, it was really needed. I notice you didn't ask her if it was really necessary for her to come here and make up things I said instead of comment on things I actually said. Shocking that the people that just ignore the written word in their mad dash to look cool to their buddies does that, I know.

As for talking straight, I do that all the time. Like now. You are acting like something that Fel players even have a chance of doing that will impact Trammel players in anyway won't cause further hatred between the two facets. Sure, that's logical. In the same way that anything illogical is logical at least. Do you even read the boards you are moderating? You have never seen all the anti Fel threads made by Trammel players where they toss out the existence of powerscrolls in Fel only as a reason for them hating Fel? Really now? I would have though that since you guys allow so many of those types of threads but toss any threads/posts from the other said in the censored basket you would have had time to notice at least one of them.

Am I unhappy with Fel players being able to cut off parts of this event before their deadline? Not really. Am I unhappy about having to wade through tons of 'Fel players are all immature punks and powerscrolls should be in Trammel so I don't have to be forced to go to Fel for them' to get to the one pro Fel thread that is allowed to remain uncensored for more than five minutes? Sure.

I don't even play Fel and I can see the favoritism people have on one side of the argument. And anyone can see that it is an argument. Fel vs Trammel animosity doesn't exist? Really? Sad that you don't see that it does. Is all of that animosity rational? Of course not. But adding things like this will just ADD to that irrational animosity.

I said before the last publish that there was going to be major bugs that people would be whining about everyday on this board. Guess what, there were and they did. And I say now, that even if Fel players AREN'T able to shut off all the totems prior to the event deadline, Trammel players will be whining about the fact that Fel players are impacting them.

There is one. But I guess you didn't read that post on this thread right? Trammel players won't be whining about Fel players being able to 'force them to go to Fel' right? Gotcha.

Carry on oh impartial one.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's sarcasm you've aimed for, you've fallen well short of the mark. You see, we often see threads complete with weeping, wailing & gnashing of teeth for powerscrolls to drop on champs in Ilshenar.

If you had read the original post, you would appreciate that we have already seen precisely such as you describe.

At any rate, what exactly has any amount of Stratics experience to do with this thread or anything at all really?

In light of Stratics' extended downtime and temp accounts and whatnot, it seems to me that if one is adjudging what you term "experience on Stratics" on the basis of post count, one would very often be sorely mistaken.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good things I see about this...

Imho, the dev team still believes. :)

It gives players something to do, a goal. Yay!

Did not want to make a new post so sneaking this in... why is there no Jeremy pumpkin. Why is there a "Peaches" one, is she ok? And ty for plant changes.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Sak, You know I love you (now) but you have to know that anything you design that allows FELS to manipulate Tams and force them into FEL they will take advantage of. This isn't "a choice of the community"... this will be the work of a group of griefers on most if not every shard. Fels will take EVERY OPPORTUNITY the devs give them to force Trams into "non-consentual PvP" situations (read getting PK'd) and there's a reason a huge proportion of the UO population doesn't play in Fel ruleset lands.

Obviously this publish had a huge amount of Factions content and that by definition was going to be mostly PvP oriented... then the "Story Arc" involved removing guard zones from up to 8 Tram cities and causing invasions in Tram based on what's going on in Factions/Fel meaning we (Trams) can't recall etc and do our normal thing... ok, it's a story arc and part of the whole Factions content... but did you have to make the Halloween quest manipulatable by FELs too? I think that's going overboard myself... We have a 3 week (or so) timeframe for the quest... why don't you either make the Totems reset every day at server reset so it can't be abused or just set their HP x 100 and let Trammies have their Halloween fun in Tram and let Fels and Factions do their thing?

Please?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just sayin'. rolleyes:
I really liked this part of this post.

D

D'Amavir

If it's sarcasm you've aimed for, you've fallen well short of the mark. You see, we often see threads complete with weeping, wailing & gnashing of teeth for powerscrolls to drop on champs in Ilshenar. If you had read the original post, you would appreciate that we have already seen precisely such as you describe.
See, unlike you, I actually read posts. That post was EXACTLY what I was talking about. Trammel players being upset by the fact that there is even a possibility that Fel players will be able to impact what they do on Trammel. To me, more weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth is not good for the game or for the community. To me, adding things that will 100% cause MORE of that behavior is not good for the game or for the community.

At any rate, what exactly has any amount of Stratics experience to do with this thread or anything at all really?
You don't think that having experience dealing with a certain type of poster on stratics has anything to do with dealing with a certain type of person on stratics? Ummm, ok.

In light of Stratics' extended downtime and temp accounts and whatnot, it seems to me that if one is adjudging what you term "experience on Stratics" on the basis of post count, one would very often be sorely mistaken.
Again, you are clearly not reading anything I saw. I am the one that thinks that post counts should be removed completely from all forums of this type as they do nothing but cause trouble and whining about 'so and so has more posts than me'.

My comment was that MY experience on stratics, not my postcount, has prepared me to expect certain types of people to make up things that I said and ignore the things that I actually said. Your last few posts are perfect examples of that.

Some people enjoy the animosity between Fel and Trammel and they do what they can to increase that animosity. I am not one of those people. I am the type that thinks each side has good and bad people and that each side has a place in this game.

D

D'Amavir

Sak, You know I love you (now) but you have to know that anything you design that allows FELS to manipulate Tams and force them into FEL they will take advantage of. This isn't "a choice of the community"... this will be the work of a group of griefers on most if not every shard. Fels will take EVERY OPPORTUNITY the devs give them to force Trams into "non-consentual PvP" situations (read getting PK'd) and there's a reason a huge proportion of the UO population doesn't play in Fel ruleset lands.

Obviously this publish had a huge amount of Factions content and that by definition was going to be mostly PvP oriented... then the "Story Arc" involved removing guard zones from up to 8 Tram cities and causing invasions in Tram based on what's going on in Factions/Fel meaning we (Trams) can't recall etc and do our normal thing... ok, it's a story arc and part of the whole Factions content... but did you have to make the Halloween quest manipulatable by FELs too? I think that's going overboard myself... We have a 3 week (or so) timeframe for the quest... why don't you either make the Totems reset every day at server reset so it can't be abused or just set their HP x 100 and let Trammies have their Halloween fun in Tram and let Fels and Factions do their thing?

Please?
You wouldn't be upset if the Fel players were able to farm sacs and shut down the totems way before the deadline for them would you? Just curious because people on this thread don't think that people would be upset.

I am not saying you are an irrational anti-Fel player at all. I have seen a lot of your posts, and unlike a lot of people here, I have actually read them as well. But, do you not think that allowing something like this could possibly lead to additional animosity between Trammel and Fel players?

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm not advocating anything Tram does should stop FEL from having their fun. I don't necessarily think fel should have the SOLE source of Power Scrolls but that's a different discussion... I don't usually make suggestions for how the Devs should change or improve FEL because I don't play there and don't feel qualified... I do feel that some (not all) FELs will intentionally try to bring any sheep they can into Fel rulesets just to have more victims, not for fair fights but just because they want easy kills and I think it's wrong when the Devs set up more systems that intentionally or accidentally allow more of this.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wouldn't be upset if the Fel players were able to farm sacs and shut down the totems way before the deadline for them would you? Just curious because people on this thread don't think that people would be upset.
I never said they shouldn't get upset. What I said was they might try doing something about being upset instead of just wagging their tongues. Realizing you as an individual have been vested by your maker with certain inalliable rights and that it is OK to have to do something for yourself instead of pleading to either have absolutely no involvement of risk of any kind or to have someone else coddle your whims.

I am not saying you are an irrational anti-Fel player at all. I have seen a lot of your posts, and unlike a lot of people here, I have actually read them as well. But, do you not think that allowing something like this could possibly lead to additional animosity between Trammel and Fel players?
I have never read any of this persons posts. And frankly at this very moment your refusal to concede any point or to simply agree that we are going to disagree is causing greater animosity between tram and fel players where I live than has been caused in quite some time.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See, unlike you, I actually read posts. That post was EXACTLY what I was talking about. Trammel players being upset by the fact that there is even a possibility that Fel players will be able to impact what they do on Trammel. To me, more weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth is not good for the game or for the community. To me, adding things that will 100% cause MORE of that behavior is not good for the game or for the community.
I read your post, I simply disagreed with it. I suggested that we are each of us architects of our own experience. In terms of this event, we will individually make our own choices. Collectively this will have an impact. I completely love that.

You don't think that having experience dealing with a certain type of poster on stratics has anything to do with dealing with a certain type of person on stratics? Ummm, ok.
As a former Stratics Moderator of some years who stepped down voluntarily only within the last few months, I'd have to say, no, not really. I prefer to think of folk as individuals, all with their own experiences to be architecting.

Again, you are clearly not reading anything I saw. I am the one that thinks that post counts should be removed completely from all forums of this type as they do nothing but cause trouble and whining about 'so and so has more posts than me'.
Fine by me, heck I didn't even bother to reactivate my old account after the temp boards. It's important to stress I do not nor did I ever have any say in terms of board coding.

My comment was that MY experience on stratics, not my postcount, has prepared me to expect certain types of people to make up things that I said and ignore the things that I actually said. Your last few posts are perfect examples of that.
If you wish to write off or dismiss some folk whose opinions may differ from yours, that is, of course, your prerogative. I prefer a rather more open-minded approach. In fact, I actually find that those with whom I do not always agree are often those from whom I learn most.

Some people enjoy the animosity between Fel and Trammel and they do what they can to increase that animosity. I am not one of those people.
Ironic, then, that you would be achieving little more than fuelling what Felucca/Trammel animosity there may be. Just sayin'.

I am the type that thinks each side has good and bad people and that each side has a place in this game.
Cool. So Feluccans whacking on Trammel totems shouldn't be a problem, right?

D

D'Amavir

I'm not advocating anything Tram does should stop FEL from having their fun. I don't necessarily think fel should have the SOLE source of Power Scrolls but that's a different discussion... I don't usually make suggestions for how the Devs should change or improve FEL because I don't play there and don't feel qualified... I do feel that some (not all) FELs will intentionally try to bring any sheep they can into Fel rulesets just to have more victims, not for fair fights but just because they want easy kills and I think it's wrong when the Devs set up more systems that intentionally or accidentally allow more of this.
Me too. That's been my entire point. I am all for, as I said, the devs to add little things that allow the two facets to 'compete' without it being something that can make one side feel 'forced' to go to the other side when they don't want to. But, if they choose to go, they should be able to. I was never against having a choice. I was just against the fact that something like this will make the bad feelings between the two sides even worse.

My suggestion was that instead of making it to where destroying the totems took away spawn or quests, that the side that destroyed the most in the alloted time was given some monument to their victory. This would encourage the two to compete without making anyone feel forced to do anything and making sure that one side couldn't negatively impact the other in a way that would cause bad feelings.

But that part is overlooked by the same type of people that always just pile on where their friends are piling on and don't bother to actually read what is being said or even attempt to understand the meaning behind it. Its sad, but as I said, after so many years on stratics, I am used to it.

Anyone that reads my posts on the UOForum boards will see that I am not what these types of people like to imply that I am. I am always helpful and polite even when someone has a different opinion than mine. The reason for that is that those boards tolerate very little 'bashing' even when it comes from people they happen to agree with and the people that run that board do so in a way that shows that they are all about supporting and building the community instead of just using their mod powers to support their friends and further their own goals. Can't say the same about stratics, and I can't really say anything different since doing so will result in immediate action from certain people.

Suffice to say, there are better ways to encourage interaction and communication between the two sides.

D

D'Amavir

I never said they shouldn't get upset. What I said was they might try doing something about being upset instead of just wagging their tongues. Realizing you as an individual have been vested by your maker with certain inalliable rights and that it is OK to have to do something for yourself instead of pleading to either have absolutely no involvement of risk of any kind or to have someone else coddle your whims.

I have never read any of this persons posts. And frankly at this very moment your refusal to concede any point or to simply agree that we are going to disagree is causing greater animosity between tram and fel players where I live than has been caused in quite some time.
I have no problem agreeing to disagree. At all. My problem is with people that continue to make things up and attach those imaginary things to me and ignore things I actually say. But, to each their own.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too. That's been my entire point. I am all for, as I said, the devs to add little things that allow the two facets to 'compete' without it being something that can make one side feel 'forced' to go to the other side when they don't want to. But, if they choose to go, they should be able to. I was never against having a choice. I was just against the fact that something like this will make the bad feelings between the two sides even worse.

My suggestion was that instead of making it to where destroying the totems took away spawn or quests, that the side that destroyed the most in the alloted time was given some monument to their victory. This would encourage the two to compete without making anyone feel forced to do anything and making sure that one side couldn't negatively impact the other in a way that would cause bad feelings.

But that part is overlooked by the same type of people that always just pile on where their friends are piling on and don't bother to actually read what is being said or even attempt to understand the meaning behind it. Its sad, but as I said, after so many years on stratics, I am used to it.

Anyone that reads my posts on the UOForum boards will see that I am not what these types of people like to imply that I am. I am always helpful and polite even when someone has a different opinion than mine. The reason for that is that those boards tolerate very little 'bashing' even when it comes from people they happen to agree with and the people that run that board do so in a way that shows that they are all about supporting and building the community instead of just using their mod powers to support their friends and further their own goals. Can't say the same about stratics, and I can't really say anything different since doing so will result in immediate action from certain people.

Suffice to say, there are better ways to encourage interaction and communication between the two sides.
You two work great as a team.

I'd like to hear a whole lot more about what I underlined in your post. I still disagree with much of what you said previously, but I also agree that while a fun opportunity IMO, there might be better ways to make interaction between people that want to PvP and people who very definitely do NOT want to PvP play nicely together.

Its a great idea and I'm eager to see what you come up with.

D

D'Amavir

I read your post, I simply disagreed with it. I suggested that we are each of us architects of our own experience. In terms of this event, we will individually make our own choices. Collectively this will have an impact. I completely love that.
I too enjoy being able to choose my own path. However, the majority of players, at least those posting on these boards, do not like ANYTHING that even comes close to making them feel forced to go to a facet they don't enjoy. Do I think that this actually FORCING anyone to go to Fel, no? I said that several times. Do I think that many people will still FEEL forced to do so and, as such, will be upset with those that they believe caused them to feel this way? Of course.

As a former Stratics Moderator of some years who stepped down voluntarily only within the last few months, I'd have to say, no, not really. I prefer to think of folk as individuals, all with their own experiences to be architecting.
Of course you feel that way, duh.

Fine by me, heck I didn't even bother to reactivate my old account after the temp boards. It's important to stress I do not nor did I ever have any say in terms of board coding.
You were the one that brought up post counts. So I have no issue there.

[quote[If you wish to write off or dismiss some folk whose opinions may differ from yours, that is, of course, your prerogative. I prefer a rather more open-minded approach. In fact, I actually find that those with whom I do not always agree are often those from whom I learn most. [/quote]

Again, not once did I ever say I write anyone off. Ask Nexus, him and I get into some very heated arguments here. We have a lot of vastly different views. However, sometimes our views are the same on certain subjects. When they are, we share those views with each other and, at least as far as I know, neither of us has writtten the other off. And no, he and I are not friends. I have no clue who he is outside of his board name. Same with him for me.

Ironic, then, that you would be achieving little more than fuelling what Felucca/Trammel animosity there may be.

Just sayin'.
Since you are just sayin, you might as well say things right. I am trying to cut down on the animosity that will come. I did not create this thread complaining about the fact that Fel can possibly impact things on Trammel. But, I notice you didn't make one comment about the original posters views on it. Funny how that works, huh? Just sayin.

And I notice your little buddy didn't make a comment about that original post complaining about the fact that Fel can possibly impact things on Trammel. But he did pop up when I said that there would be threads complaining about the fact that Fel can possibly impact things on Trammel, huh? Just sayin.

Personally, I love the fact that Fel players can try to shut off the spawn areas in Trammel for this event. I love it. But, I can see past that and see the fact that many many more people will resent that and that that resentment will fuel even more animosity between the sides. But, as you have made clear, you don't think that it will. That's fine. We will just wait and see. We won't have to wait real long though, since I have already quoted two posts from people complaining about the fact that Fel players can possibly impact things on Trammel, which is exactly what I said would happen. Just sayin.

D

D'Amavir

You two work great as a team.

I'd like to hear a whole lot more about what I underlined in your post. I still disagree with much of what you said previously, but I also agree that while a fun opportunity IMO, there might be better ways to make interaction between people that want to PvP and people who very definitely do NOT want to PvP play nicely together.

Its a great idea and I'm eager to see what you come up with.
Some short unthought ideas just based on the few seconds between reading your post and typing this one:

1. Enable Trammel/Fel players to perform some task/s that could cause 'damage' in cities on the opposing facet. Something like Trammel players fend off an invasion from npc Fel residents which allows the Trammel players to send in npc Trammel residents (Brit guards, soldiers, things like that) that would lay siege to a specific town in Fel. The town would not be impacted in anyway outside of visual damage done to it. This would give both sides something to fight for while not forcing either to the other side if they didn't want to go. Or not making someone FEEL forced to go.

2. My idea about the monument created on the facet 'winning' the race of destroying the totems on their facet. It really has no impact other than a boost in pride for the winning side. And it in no way forcing anyone to do anything nor does it create any sort of imbalance.

3. The always hated "Allow Reds in Trammel" idea. Maybe not all over, but perhaps in a few select 'not very lawful' towns. This would allow full time trammel players to interact with these red named monsters and possibly come to realize that there are rp reds. And that there are actually mature reds.

Just a few off the top of my head. Not perfect in anyway. But nothing that will make anyone feel forced to do things they don't want to do either.