• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player using Multiboxing for days....weeks...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know how to multi-box, but I do multi-client. I've been accused of multi-boxing before.
Same. Had someone say there was no way those two characters could be vetting and ghealing pets at the same time without cheating. I was like, 'Ummmm.. uoassist. I have macros to double click enhanced bandie, target pet, cast gheal, target pet. By the time the bandie is finished, gheal has targeted as well. Both chars have set target macros for both pets. Alt and Number 2 is Kreepys pet, Alt and Number 3 is Karlee's" They still said it was bogus :coco:

It really would have confused them if I had Brightside there as well. He has same macros and his pet is Alt and 4 for everyone. o.0

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Had someone tell me how I was wrong and this person on Atl is multiboxing because "he is not giving a command to his pets, they just auto attack"..

Set macro in CC to "Whisper - All Kill" it does not display for anyone but the tamer...

Untitled.jpg

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have 3 account and i have 3 computers set up at my desk.
i have 4 monitors set up.
but over the years ive basically stopped using 1 of them since being able to use dual screens on a single computer is much easier now then it use to be years ago.
i think its fiarly common place for people to run at least 2 accounts at the same time now a days.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Had someone tell me how I was wrong and this person on Atl is multiboxing because "he is not giving a command to his pets, they just auto attack"..

Set macro in CC to "Whisper - All Kill" it does not display for anyone but the tamer...

View attachment 114618
ya, that whisper use to be king when pets where good in pvp.
also, if you wanna get spicy you can whisper a command then put in a second line that yells something else.
example:
whisper - all follow me
yell - will you do it for a scooby snack?

all anyone sees is you yelling "Will you do it for a scooby snack?" and your pet comes bounding over to you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think players close to you hear whisper. Correct or no?

A lot of players use it so they can make neat attack and other commands that we all see.
On my account with a dreadmare, I whisper Trick.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think players close to you hear whisper. Correct or no?

A lot of players use it so they can make neat attack and other commands that we all see.
On my account with a dreadmare, I whisper Trick.
Yeah, right up on them. Started 5 moves away. Each step I took I hit the macro. Could not hear until her char was right on me.

Untitled.jpg

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same. Had someone say there was no way those two characters could be vetting and ghealing pets at the same time without cheating. I was like, 'Ummmm.. uoassist. I have macros to double click enhanced bandie, target pet, cast gheal, target pet. By the time the bandie is finished, gheal has targeted as well. Both chars have set target macros for both pets. Alt and Number 2 is Kreepys pet, Alt and Number 3 is Karlee's" They still said it was bogus :coco:

It really would have confused them if I had Brightside there as well. He has same macros and his pet is Alt and 4 for everyone. o.0
And with 3rd party programs (that are legal), it's even easier. GMs get paged, you respond, GMs leave, people accuse of multi-boxing. Tbf, before I started fiddle-fartin' around with the programs, I didn't understand it either. It's one of the evolutions of UO that some people don't like, which I 100% get. After seeing people use the programs for a decade+ and Mesanna saying "do whatever it takes to win", I figured I'd give it a whirl. I won't train a character any other way now.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe they should make the new shard a no-script and no-3rd-party-program? I'd be fine with that. It would be fun to me to get back to the old old skewl ways. I'd deffo play that shard.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And with 3rd party programs (that are legal), it's even easier. GMs get paged, you respond, GMs leave, people accuse of multi-boxing. Tbf, before I started fiddle-fartin' around with the programs, I didn't understand it either. It's one of the evolutions of UO that some people don't like, which I 100% get. After seeing people use the programs for a decade+ and Mesanna saying "do whatever it takes to win", I figured I'd give it a whirl. I won't train a character any other way now.
Wait... you mean they made programs like R-word legal??

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I find it really interesting what one can do when they take the time to listen and learn the mechanics of the game at a deeper level.

There is a lot of wisdom and know how out there from fellow players that can really take whatever part of the game you play to a newer level. It is the advantage of being engaged with the community, part of a guild, or someone who reads through the various boards. I still ask a lot of questions and learn new things all the time. It is part of what keeps the game fresh and engaging for me.

It sure easy to point a finger and yell scripter! Multi Boxer! 3rd party program! yes, those all take place however often its just someone is more knowledgeable and better organized than you. It's an opportunity to learn if you grasp it.

*tips a hat and closes the door to the tavern behind him as he heads out the trail to TerMur*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree with you there. I was still leading a life of double clicking everything in game a couple of years into my UO life. Kept wondering why I was dying SO much. Then saw a friend of a friend call his pet over and mount it within milliseconds. He started to run, spammed all kill and jumped off pet in a millisecond.. then all follow me and jumped back on pet a millisecond later. I was like, "Ummm, wth are you doing I gotta learn that.". That was the day I heard of UOAssist and the first 2 macros I learned :thumbup1:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wait... you mean they made programs like Razor legal??
Technically nothing aside from UOA and Pinco's has been "approved". That said, they haven't explicitly said which programs are illegal. Very big grey area which was made an even darker shade of grey when Mesanna says things like "do whatever it takes to win".

I think in general using a third party script that isn't breaking the laws of physics (like the wall script casting a wall in front of someone running every time) is very hard to even prove you are using it. As someone else mentioned, it can be used for training and honestly as long as you can answer when a GM comes I don't think they would know any different.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait... you mean they made programs like R-word legal??
Short answer, yes. Just respond to the GM's if they show up. "Thank you for playing Ultima Online!"

Long answer, ugh. Way too much to type. It goes back years and years and years and years. I quit using uoa a long time ago. Life is easier for simple ****. I'm no top-tier pvp'r by any stretch of the imagination, but it does make survivability easier. Any of the turds that say they get zero advantage is a liar, point blank. If it didn't help at all (which they claim), why run the shhhtuff?

Instead of whining and crying about how someone is doing something, just like ol' boy said, ask them for help. Make your gameplay more fun. I'm always laughing when I'm playing, win or lose. No point in being a whiner and paging gms.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can see people useing it. Dismount half a second and spawning all kill 5 times in less then a second. Then remounting in less then a second. I fill one of the rooms up with all the paragons I die doing it but its wroth it to let them loss and run to the exit while the pvp red is being attacked and maybe killed buy them. Not sure if anyone can live with two ww paragons, orger lord and ice fend paragons attacking them. And they will page on harassment becasue its not there way of play and its unfar. Account 72hr ban for it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can see people useing it. Dismount half a second and spawning all kill 5 times in less then a second. Then remounting in less then a second.
Ummm... I do this most all the time, and the only program I use is UOAssist.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Technically nothing aside from UOA and Pinco's has been "approved". That said, they haven't explicitly said which programs are illegal. Very big grey area
Where´s the grey area?
If something hasn´t been approved, it´s illegal. Approved = legal. Legal is legal. If it isn´t legal then it´s illegal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where´s the grey area?
If something hasn´t been approved, it´s illegal. Approved = legal. Legal is legal. If it isn´t legal then it´s illegal.
The carto and map programs are illegal? The fact that the devs dance around the questions when someone asks them to post legal programs, that in itself makes a grey area.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where´s the grey area?
If something has been used by a pretty good amount of players for a decade+, with no repercussions, it seems pretty legal to me.

Also, do you really expect Mesanna to offer input on every single third party program and it's validity?.....and to be honest, she did with, "do anything it takes to win."

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not again. If you are going to "report" someone, PLEASE follow the procedures to make it legit. (NOT a complete list) Did you ask them to stop??? Did you IGNORE them??? ETC ETC ETC. Evidently you did NOT ignore them because you kept talking to them. Do your part by doing it RIGHT. Be Safe.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not again. If you are going to "report" someone, PLEASE follow the procedures to make it legit. (NOT a complete list) Did you ask them to stop??? Did you IGNORE them??? ETC ETC ETC. Evidently you did NOT ignore them because you kept talking to them. Do your part by doing it RIGHT. Be Safe.
That's part of the procedure for verbal harassment (putting them on ignore isn't strictly necessary, but not engaging with them is), but those don't do anything for AFK macroing/multiboxing calls. In fact, nothing does...and if they respond to the GM, nothing happens at all.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you read the discussion or did you write because you had nothing better to do?

I just write: if its not Multiboxing, ok. My bad and sorry all ok?

In any case, if someone has read what I wrote correctly, but obviously not, how can one person control 5 players in this way? One player attended with 4 other players standing with 4 pets attacked simultaneously, synchronized both in the attack and in the return. You say that it is possible and it is legitimate?
ok! but I have my serious doubts.
That's all, we can also close this discussion because the interventions are not useful for a quiet discussion.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If third party programs are legal then why does it say this in the Newsletter :

Below are the CS actions for the month of December:
7 Disruptive Behavior
14 Multiboxing
38 Solicitation
33 Macroing
33 Third party program
1 Abuse of Game Mechanics

I'm not saying I believe these numbers, but why would they have actioned 33 accounts for 'third party program' use if it was legal?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If third party programs are legal then why does it say this in the Newsletter :

Below are the CS actions for the month of December:
7 Disruptive Behavior
14 Multiboxing
38 Solicitation
33 Macroing
33 Third party program
1 Abuse of Game Mechanics

I'm not saying I believe these numbers, but why would they have actioned 33 accounts for 'third party program' use if it was legal?
Great question...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea I don't really believe these numbers either.. only 38 bans for solicitation? I ignore the 2 big named sellers on ATL multiple times a day... that should be 100+ accounts right there. That said, I can see them just making up numbers to throw out there just to make it look like they are policing the shards so that these things are not blatant and rampant (more than they are now).

It's tough to really know how they categorize things because technically "Macroing" is not illegal...it's unattended macroing that is illegal. Also multi clienting is not illegal but multiboxing is (obvious control by a single player of multiple accounts is kind of hard to prove unless it's blatant). There is a fine line between these and I think that as others have eluded to, if someone can reply to a GM when they get there then it's hard to prove anything and they probably move on.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That number always seems to match macroing so maybe they count every unattended macro ban as both.
I was actually writing that in my previous post when you added that... I think that a fully automated indefinite macro is only possible outside of game/UOA so technically they would be "illegal use of a third party". If there is a way to loop in UOA then it would technically still be the same.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Given how many reports there have been of people scripting/macroing in one spot for days/weeks and no action was taken at all, I'd like to know where exactly these people were that got banned, because they don't seem to be the ones that most people are complaining about.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No. It just means there´s been a lack of enforcement.
It's not being "enforced" because there is no "violation". If there was a violation, then it would be enforced. You're making a law where there is none. There have been multiple posts in the past about this. Specifically referring to what Mesanna said and what her intent was/is.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Macroing...even scripting...is "ok" as long as you're attended and respond to a GM. Not the best rule, IMHO, but what can you expect after 23 years and a dwindling base?

Legel programs, aside from UOA, are those that do not interfere with the data stream. So the mapping programs are all fine (as stated by Cal), UO Curse, UO Wedding.

Other programs like "Mr. Slicey," "Easy Mode" and the space client are illegal. Actual enforcement, however, seems to be something of an issue for whatever reason(s).

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Macroing...even scripting...is "ok" as long as you're attended and respond to a GM. Not the best rule, IMHO, but what can you expect after 23 years and a dwindling base?

Legel programs, aside from UOA, are those that do not interfere with the data stream. So the mapping programs are all fine (as stated by Cal), UO Curse, UO Wedding.

Other programs like "Mr. Slicey," "Easy Mode" and the space client are illegal. Actual enforcement, however, seems to be something of an issue for whatever reason(s).
Well said @Dot_Warner. This has been my understanding for a few years now. Basically anything outside of UOA that doesn't make your actions "break the laws of physics (as it pertains to UO)" falls into the grey area of technically not approved but probably won't get you banned either.

Enforcement seems few and far between too which is why I think that the numbers they put in each newsletter is more so just for looks to prevent everyone from saying "there are no consequences do whatever you want". I liken it to speeding on the highway; for the most part there aren't enough police to prevent everyone from going over the speed limit so people that are going 5-10 over (still technically breaking the law) don't get a ticket...but the ones that are going 30 over weaving in and out of cars with obvious disregard get pulled over which puts them in check while also serving as an example that you can't do whatever you want without consequences.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did you read the discussion or did you write because you had nothing better to do?

I just write: if its not Multiboxing, ok. My bad and sorry all ok?

In any case, if someone has read what I wrote correctly, but obviously not, how can one person control 5 players in this way? One player attended with 4 other players standing with 4 pets attacked simultaneously, synchronized both in the attack and in the return. You say that it is possible and it is legitimate?
ok! but I have my serious doubts.
That's all, we can also close this discussion because the interventions are not useful for a quiet discussion.

You can ""REPORT"" for this type of activity. Or, you can page and wait for a GM not to show up. Follow the reporting procedures and then play your game. You will most likely get a "canned" response, but sometimes an anonymous toon will find you and cuss you out for getting their "friends" banned.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's part of the procedure for verbal harassment (putting them on ignore isn't strictly necessary, but not engaging with them is), but those don't do anything for AFK macroing/multiboxing calls. In fact, nothing does...and if they respond to the GM, nothing happens at all.
-->> Another player is harassing me using game mechanics<<-- PHYSICAL HARASSMENT It works!!! The steps are the same for PHYSICAL and VERBAL harassment.

Help tab says it all. Follow what it says

((How dare a low life like myself dare to question "Dot Warner". **smiles** (joking) ))

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
lets be honest, many people using 5 or more chars are using an illegal program period. you could say they are not multiboxing but they are cheating and is wide spread. anyone saying this is not true is lying or doesnt really know. using auto heal, cures etc.... but the dev have developed the game to allow or even encourage these activities. i dont blame the players, the lack of real action, fuzzy statements, endless cheating accounts and over all game development/lack of leadership have compounded the problem. i could really care less if someone macros/skill builds in a house. i do care about 5 stealthers instra killing me with armor ignore at the same time, then all instantly hide to go after next person. people should check out any good idoc. you will have many groups of 5 chars just destroying most of the barrels. it is amazing to see. nearly every area in uo illegal activities are occurring. its too late because so many honest players have leftthe devs wont do much. the devs even allowed banned accounts to come back. i dont care if people use more than one account as long as they control them. i would say get rid of the follow command but many would not want. we all know nothing will change. just my opinions

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
lets be honest, many people using 5 or more chars are using an illegal program period. you could say they are not multiboxing but they are cheating and is wide spread. anyone saying this is not true is lying or doesnt really know. using auto heal, cures etc.... but the dev have developed the game to allow or even encourage these activities. i dont blame the players, the lack of real action, fuzzy statements, endless cheating accounts and over all game development/lack of leadership have compounded the problem. i could really care less if someone macros/skill builds in a house. i do care about 5 stealthers instra killing me with armor ignore at the same time, then all instantly hide to go after next person. people should check out any good idoc. you will have many groups of 5 chars just destroying most of the barrels. it is amazing to see. nearly every area in uo illegal activities are occurring. its too late because so many honest players have leftthe devs wont do much. the devs even allowed banned accounts to come back. i dont care if people use more than one account as long as they control them. i would say get rid of the follow command but many would not want. we all know nothing will change. just my opinions

Yes but if you say anything about you get labeled a ****... or some such BS because the cheaters gotta cheat... anyway you want to win you win... losers... the DEVs don't seem to care anymore probably know that most of the people left playing are either cheaters... or just once in a blue moon players who log in hoping for something to have changed... log out and keep paying to keep their house up... as long as they keep paying why should the DEVs care? The ones who resub at this time of year for the Halloween events and the Christmas Gifts and Vet Rewards and such... who won't be making that mistake again...

So now the DEVs are doing the barest minimum they can to maintain the game and keep their jobs. The new Temp shard thing is just a lot of fluff to keep everyone paying... once they roll that out I'm sure a bunch will re-sub to try it out... but it's my opinion that after the first wipe or two that'll get old and people will quit again... and perhaps even more than before as they seem to not really care about the rest ... you all fall for the new event of the month roll out the same stuff over and over color it new and call it good events... which IMO are a cluster and waste of energy... for deco stuff that should have been a true gift at Christmas on a year where people are stressed and at the ends of their ropes and all ... but whatever. If you can't see the writing on the wall... that's on you... but IMO the DEVs are about done with it... you can tell they just don't give a crap about the game or players at this point... But they keep shoveling it and you all keep eating it up like it's a Christmas pudding... and not the load of dung that it is and you keep praising them for it... like them doing less and less is a great thing...

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dang the post was removed wanted to quote it. The one right before Pawain

Toke to much time finding my pudding gif. giphy.gif

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The muitbixer is there with 5 accounts last night. Someone baught a WW paragon over to him. He called me not many nice names The F word and some others and now my sampire account has a week ban becasue he called me names and thought I toke the WWP to him when it was a different character that did it. Now I got that account banned for Harsement already had one last week becasue of a cry baby red.

I think I might just call it a night and give all my stuff to a newbie

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm, they don't do "week bans." The most is 3 days and then a perma.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
warning, then 24 hr, then 3 days, then maybe perma until they give account back. lol
just having alittle fun. they have to prove it but you have to look before can prove it lol

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Week ban total ment to say. 72 for last week's red crying becasue I let lose 4 parargons when he came at me and now the muitboxer got me for a 72 witch is pretty much a week total. To many cheating cry babys in this game. I did put a verbal harassment on him for calling me names but I got the ban. I think that muitboxer is a EM or a dev or someone paying off the devs so they can't be touched.

Never got a warning was start to ban.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The muitbixer is there with 5 accounts last night. Someone baught a WW paragon over to him. He called me not many nice names The F word and some others and now my sampire account has a week ban becasue he called me names and thought I toke the WWP to him when it was a different character that did it. Now I got that account banned for Harsement already had one last week becasue of a cry baby red.

That sounds fishy. So you are saying someone ran out of the room and he paged on them because a para WW had no place to go. I run out of that room every time I am in it.

I see the story has changed now...

Week ban total ment to say. 72 for last week's red crying becasue I let lose 4 parargons when he came at me and now the muitboxer got me for a 72 witch is pretty much a week total.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Week ban total ment to say. 72 for last week's red crying becasue I let lose 4 parargons when he came at me and now the muitboxer got me for a 72 witch is pretty much a week total. To many cheating cry babys in this game. I did put a verbal harassment on him for calling me names but I got the ban. I think that muitboxer is a EM or a dev or someone paying off the devs so they can't be touched.

Never got a warning was start to ban.
So you got a 72 hr temp ban for luring last week...sounds fair, since you just admitted doing it. This also means you've already been caught doing it 3 times recently. Might want to look into not doing that anymore.

But I don't buy that you got another 72 hrs for no reason; your conspiracy theories aside, that's just not how it works.

If you actually got a ban for "nothing," you know you can dispute it, right? (Even emailing Mesanna)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where´s the grey area?
Some time back the legal/illegal discussion was answered. In general if the "assist" does not tamper with the data stream it is legal. That means map, cart, UOA, and the like are legel.

As for "R" and some others, with Mesanna saying "use whatever it takes to win" allows the use of these as well, IMO.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Call me whacked, but I thought tactics like that are fair in Fel, no go in Tram. If you were in Fel, no action should have been taken.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put the paragons in the room not wroth killing lords and ww paragons in fel. I opend the door when the reds attacked. The 5 boxer guy was in tram. I did not take the paragons to him a diffent sampire did she died and as I left the room no point in being there he blamed me for it. Called me names and then that was the ban him calling me names.

You do know that EU EM was kicked off the team for pvp in fel on EU shard.