• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition to disallow private houses at the public hub

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RE: Nightstalker
Depends on which shards one refers to, for not all shards received the same deal, for whatever reasons some shards were not as organised or just got gyped like SIEGE. Their house teleporter connection set ups were placed by EMs all near their so called Luna Fairgrounds. The EMs had hoped to do this for every shard that had player run towns/establishments; but first one had to HAVE EMs and secondly player run establishments had to co operate too with the EMs to, gitter done.

If one were to go on Chesapeake, near the Luna fairgrounds area all along the one town wall are EM placed tables, banners, flags, symbols etc. going to every player run town that co operated etc. with EMs and fit the bill ie 3 or more buildings make a *village* and it goes on up from that to player run town etc. with more buildings.

The EMs placed connections at both ends, the luna fairgrounds area TO the player run townships and the EMs placed connections FROM these player run towns that go back to Luna *when they work* on the trip back. It was a lot of co operative work between players and EMs though too to get it done.

Nowadays all any player has to do is dbl clk or clk on the town banner or item representing the township under these myriads of banners to go to any player run township ...but that IS on Chesapeake and some *other shards* !

Even there the connections are placed in [Luna trammel] by the fairgrounds, so a red can't even GO there to clk these player run EM built connections. They can only clk on the fel towns but useless if the trip goes to/from Luna where a red can not go.

So even there, part of the *community* if red got screwed: unless they have blue alts that can go to the EM built hubs in LUNA !
-------------------------
We did not get such wonderous treatment HERE and a shard had to have an EM or 3, to achieve this, and players had to also follow said story lines etc. back when they were doing this on those ...other shards that HAD EMs.

So Kelmo slaps up a 'community' hub, our own sorta version to have something we make of our own, cuz we got *gyped* having no EMs at that time, to get what other shards all got cept Siege.

Of all those tiles on that Umbra hub I can use [all of them but 3]...the SA one I can not use on 3 of my 4 chrs., only 1 of my 4 chrs. can use it, cuz I have not bothered to upgrade all 4 accts. to SA.

There is one that goes to some GIL loot house..I am NOT GIL so as far as I am concerned I got no right to their guild's private loot house, I CAN use the other GIL one that led to their older township or wherever it goes now. Since GIL has 2 there, one is very public, no issue that one of theirs is more *private* seems non issue to me.

Natch I can access the one to NEW as Shal said nearly everyone on Siege can use that teleporter most of us are a friend of NEW one way or another on some chrs of ours anyhow.

I never knew where that one house teleporter tile with the weirdo squirrel
by it led to. I never asked, never cared to know, never even tried to use it cuz it didn't say where it went. I figured the house tele tile with w3irdo squirrel statue probably went to one of the homes, that the hub's owner used to one of his own other homes, a teleporter for his own convenience and use. Yet the other ones to his public pub or to this or that of his other homes, all public, DO WORK.

To me yeh it is a community hub, but like anything in the community, we do not have access to, it all, period.

The entire game works this way, we can not access new areas if not upgraded, nor we can access every place [in game] either, while said establishments belong to the community.... for example, unless one JOINS a faction we are screwed to go visit Lord British's unless in TB. There are times we even get locked out of Lord Blackthorns castle...it too is part, of the UO community ! I can not access the new COM base either, big honky new thing part of community, can't get to SEE it or enter it either unless I JOIN COM.

GOD people gripe about this that and whatevers, so BUILD your own PUBLIC hub...or private hub. DEAL with it, it IS what it IS !

It is some one individual's attempt, to try to do something here, that Siege did not even GET like other shards got, cuz we had no EMs to do all that fancy special treatments stuff, which the other shards' all got, cept SIEGE.

Or yall can petition that we get more EMs to do all the fancy foofoo priveleges they have on Chesapeake & elsewhere, connecting myriads of all their player run townships and establishments and even there, ya had to be 3 homes to become a connected *village* or more homes, to be labeled a player run township.

The connections the EMs built lead TO a town area, the co ordinated banners on the other side, still won't access ya into the homes within that village or township, the only lead TO an entry way TO a township in the lawns somewhere. EM built of course.

IS there nothin else, far more important, that we can do or pancake about ?

*and yeh I can babble all this, that no one will take time to read even BEFORE I even have had, my morning coffee * :)rolleyes::grouphug:

Thus I can not sign said petition, instead yall should petition for EMs to do for us on Siege if your village or township qualifies and co operates with EMs for a hub, like they done on Chessie !! Otherwise it IS here what it IS...on Siege, one single Siege individual player's attempt to try, to give us on Siege, something that we didn't get at all, like them other shards got !

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on which shards one refers to, for not all shards received the same deal, for whatever reasons some shards were not as organised or just got gyped like SIEGE. Their house teleporter connection set ups were placed by EMs all near their so called Luna Fairgrounds. The EMs had hoped to do this for every shard that had player run towns/establishments; but first one had to HAVE EMs and secondly player run establishments had to co operate too with the EMs to, gitter done.

If one were to go on Chesapeake, near the Luna fairgrounds area all along the one town wall are EM placed tables, banners, flags, symbols etc. going to every player run town that co operated etc. with EMs and fit the bill ie 3 or more buildings make a *village* and it goes on up from that to player run town etc. with more buildings.
It was actually 5 houses to qualify and it almost happened, but then poof:
UO Thief | Episode 298: Green Acres

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The EMs placed connections at both ends, the luna fairgrounds area TO the player run townships and the EMs placed connections FROM these player run towns that go back to Luna *when they work* on the trip back. It was a lot of co operative work between players and EMs though too to get it done.

Nowadays all any player has to do is dbl clk or clk on the town banner or item representing the township under these myriads of banners to go to any player run township ...but that IS on Chesapeake and some *other shards* !

Even there the connections are placed in [Luna trammel] by the fairgrounds, so a red can't even GO there to clk these player run EM built connections. They can only clk on the fel towns but useless if the trip goes to/from Luna where a red can not go.

So even there, part of the *community* if red got screwed: unless they have blue alts that can go to the EM built hubs in LUNA !
-------------------------
We did not get such wonderous treatment HERE and a shard had to have an EM or 3, to achieve this, and players had to also follow said story lines etc. back when they were doing this on those ...other shards that HAD EMs.

So Kelmo slaps up a 'community' hub, our own sorta version to have something we make of our own, cuz we got *gyped* having no EMs at that time, to get what other shards all got cept Siege.

Of all those tiles on that Umbra hub I can use [all of them but 3]...the SA one I can not use on 3 of my 4 chrs., only 1 of my 4 chrs. can use it, cuz I have not bothered to upgrade all 4 accts. to SA.

There is one that goes to some GIL loot house..I am NOT GIL so as far as I am concerned I got no right to their guild's private loot house, I CAN use the other GIL one that led to their older township or wherever it goes now. Since GIL has 2 there, one is very public, no issue that one of theirs is more *private* seems non issue to me.

Natch I can access the one to NEW as Shal said nearly everyone on Siege can use that teleporter most of us are a friend of NEW one way or another on some chrs of ours anyhow.

I never knew where that one house teleporter tile with the weirdo squirrel
by it led to. I never asked, never cared to know, never even tried to use it cuz it didn't say where it went. I figured the house tele tile with w3irdo squirrel statue probably went to one of the homes, that the hub's owner used to one of his own other homes, a teleporter for his own convenience and use. Yet the other ones to his public pub or to this or that of his other homes, all public, DO WORK.

To me yeh it is a community hub, but like anything in the community, we do not have access to, it all, period.

The entire game works this way, we can not access new areas if not upgraded, nor we can access every place [in game] either, while said establishments belong to the community.... for example, unless one JOINS a faction we are screwed to go visit Lord British's unless in TB. There are times we even get locked out of Lord Blackthorns castle...it too is part, of the UO community ! I can not access the new COM base either, big honky new thing part of community, can't get to SEE it or enter it either unless I JOIN COM.

GOD people gripe about this that and whatevers, so BUILD your own PUBLIC hub...or private hub. DEAL with it, it IS what it IS !

It is some one individual's attempt, to try to do something here, that Siege did not even GET like other shards got, cuz we had no EMs to do all that fancy special treatments stuff, which the other shards' all got, cept SIEGE.

Or yall can petition that we get more EMs to do all the fancy foofoo priveleges they have on Chesapeake & elsewhere, connecting myriads of all their player run townships and establishments and even there, ya had to be 3 homes to become a connected *village* or more homes, to be labeled a player run township.

The connections the EMs built lead TO a town area, the co ordinated banners on the other side, still won't access ya into the homes within that village or township, the only lead TO an entry way TO a township in the lawns somewhere. EM built of course.

IS there nothin else, far more important, that we can do or pancake about ?

*and yeh I can babble all this, that no one will take time to read even BEFORE I even have had, my morning coffee * :)rolleyes::grouphug:

Thus I can not sign said petition, instead yall should petition for EMs to do for us on Siege if your village or township qualifies and co operates with EMs for a hub, like they done on Chessie !! Otherwise it IS here what it IS...on Siege, one single Siege individual player's attempt to try, to give us on Siege, something that we didn't get at all, like them other shards got !
Thanks for the lengthy reply! :D

According to what you posted above, I am GLAD we didn't get EM interference with their botched system.

The Landscapes that we don't have access to are NOT community, they are landscapes. Landscapes that the devs decided we wouldn't have access to have no bearing on community... locations that members of the community decided that we wouldn't have access to does.

We realize all the power belongs to Kelmo, which is why this is a petition thread... there are no demands made ( though I have seen ultimatums :D ). Petitions are a peaceful way to express desires, and the one being petitioned is under no obligation to respond. Typically though, if the vast majority sign the petition, the petitioned will respond favorably, as there are usually social and/or economical benefits for doing so.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what a 'community hub' looks like *elsewhere* but these are built by [co operating customers/players] [with co operating working EMs], and Siege did not have EMs at the time.

There are 19 *connected* player run townships or villages in this community *hub* on Chesapeake with 4 more yet going up ! All one has to do is click on em and you are swiftly non reg magically wisked to said players run villages or townships !

And even with these connections EM built, all these do is lead you TO a villages or townships, not granting anyone access into all the buildings OF said villages or townships, some homes very public some private within each player run township, village etc. on both facets of a shard, that HAD EMs when they began to do this for shards.

I clicked on the ice cream cone...midway thru the 19 established connections of said hub... curious as to where it went, and it just leads ya to the EM built connection to a remote Island on the other side, called player run village of Pitmuck...there ya are middle of nowhere but AT their village !

All the community hub connections do, if you are not perma red, will be that they take you TO/FROM the area of said villages or townships, but these community connections hubs, will not take you into any players homes be they public or private. All the hubs do is take you TO/FROM the area of the village or township.

Perhaps, yall should petition we have some EM built *hub* or be slap happy some one here even bothered to try, to do for all us players here, what only EMs can DO and HAVE DONE elsewhere !

But for that matter any marked rune or game moongate, will take most of us near any of the rest of us here, anyways. Just sayin' unless we are an EM, we can not built it as foo foo fancy as they have for community hubs , on shards, elsewhere. Least we have some folks trying to connect us all, as best as they can try to, humanly build any [non EM built hub] as one, can buld.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the lengthy reply!

LOL rolleyes::):grouphug: WAIT TILL I HAVE MY MORNING COFFEE mister then I be more awake yet to ...um *talk* ! lol:lol:

P

PuddyMae

Good morning everyone. Nice post QZ. Of the 2 teles to Gilfane one does go to the loot house which I am in control of, which by the way is set to anyone. (the tile that is). You just have to be accessed or friended to the loot house to use it. The other one which is also set to anyone goes to our Citidel building. Jump on that one and you will end up outside of Skara Brae. There are 3 buildings there, all public.

QZ when I see you on today get with me. Then you will be able to use another tile.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Tis ok I am NOT in GIL so I do not need to be accessed into yalls guild/loot housey thingy.

I can use all the Public ones anyhow.

Now what is really comic is:
I CAN and DO have access to Luka's house in Iantown via her assorted house tele tiles,
to from wherever, for most part, but the other day, kelmo couldn't USE EM !

Poor fellow can not even get into his own [in game *wife's* place] via them house tele tiles yet !! :lol:
Maybe it is cuz his Dion chr. in wolf form
seems to have fleas or something. I dunno! LOL:popcorn:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We realize all the power belongs to Kelmo, which is why this is a petition thread... there are no demands made ( though I have seen ultimatums :D ). Petitions are a peaceful way to express desires, and the one being petitioned is under no obligation to respond. Typically though, if the vast majority sign the petition, the petitioned will respond favorably, as there are usually social and/or economical benefits for doing so.
Your right, there is no reason anyone should take offense to this thread. As far as the threat of more violence at the hub, well you know me, I am always game. I have been surrised I don't get killed there more, its a golden opportunity. Like what yew gate used to be, except without the guard zone.

I am wondering though...what is the solution we are looking for, other than removing the apparently offensive teleporters?

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This whole thread smacks little of 'community concern' and more 'let's find an excuse to bash Kelmo'.
Most of the teleporters on the hub are freely provided, and charged, by individuals for community use. I have one there that gives access to Zento. The porter to the abyss house is free access. A very few there are limited access.
If you are willing to provide a free access teleporter to a house you own I'm sure Kelmo will accomodate you if asked.
Kelmo has provided this resource, for which, don't forget, he pays a monthly fee for upkeep. That surely gives him the right to add additional, limited access teleporters at his discretion?

If you are insistent that you have a private teleporter at his hub, perhaps you should offer to contribute to the upkeep of the hub in return?
What it "smacks" of is favoritism and, no surprise here, you chime in to defend it. What took you so long?

It's Kelmo's house, he makes the rules. However, call a spade a spade (ack, can I say that?) and admit there is preferential placement at the "community" hub house.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it is because your request was for a vendor house while others are for player run towns or unique places of interest (ie- abyss house) that serve the community
I'm a little confused here. How do teleporters to private houses serve the "community?" Granted, they serve PART of the community (well, one guild) but I don't think that counts.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What it "smacks" of is favoritism and, no surprise here, you chime in to defend it. What took you so long?

It's Kelmo's house, he makes the rules. However, call a spade a spade (ack, can I say that?) and admit there is preferential placement at the "community" hub house.
*chuckles* Kelmo hardly needs me to defend him. When was the last time I defended him on these forums anyways? Can anyone remember. I bet not. No I am speaking for myself. I am just wondering what your looking for? Some place to have your guild teleporter? You could ask...it might generate a more favorable answer. If Kelmo won't, I will. Thats my word, having nothing to do with Kelmo. He is my BF, not my patriarch. I do as I please. And I am a little hurt you insult me when I have always supported PKs and included you in my definition of 'community'.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Let me put this another way. I am seeing that you believe it is wrong for Kelmo to have private teleporters at a public hub. This is what you believe. You think it to be a noble belief.

Here's what I believe. I believe life is too damned short to get excited about the small stuff. I believe you are using this as an excuse to be troublesome to a moderator. I would believe this were this moderator my BF, Petra or anyone else. I would normally let the whole thing go and get back to saving Albion. But-

I am willing to set aside this belief, right now, to try to turn this negative thread into a positive one. Are you will to do the same?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a little confused here. How do teleporters to private houses serve the "community?" Granted, they serve PART of the community (well, one guild) but I don't think that counts.

Who says the community must include every single individual every time?? Catering the the good of the community also means catering to the individuals in the community. A large guild like Gilfane would consist of a large part of the community in my eyes

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me put this another way. I am seeing that you believe it is wrong for Kelmo to have private teleporters at a public hub. This is what you believe. You think it to be a noble belief.

Here's what I believe. I believe life is too damned short to get excited about the small stuff. I believe you are using this as an excuse to be troublesome to a moderator. I would believe this were this moderator my BF, Petra or anyone else. I would normally let the whole thing go and get back to saving Albion. But-

I am willing to set aside this belief, right now, to try to turn this negative thread into a positive one. Are you will to do the same?
I don't know how I am not being crystal clear on this, I really don't. Let's try this:

1) In all my years on Stratics, I've disliked one mod (not Kelmo). You'll notice I posted my agreement before any mods chimed in so your belief that I am doing this to be "troublesome" to mod is incorrect.

2) As I've said 2 or 3 times, this is Kelmo's house, he can do what he pleases! No right or wrong involved.

3) I see no "nobility" in having an opinion the same, or opposite, of your's or anyone else's.

4) I have no interest in having any teleporter tiles at this, or any other, house not owned by myself or a guildmate.

5) I believe that a select few people live to create drama where there is none. This is a forum about a game.

6) I believe (correctly or not) that this house was a community hub. It is my opinion that a community hub should not have private access to a select few houses. I believe this is favoritism. Again, my opinion, and it's Kelmo's house, he can show whatever favoritism he desires.

Really, that's it. I replied to a post that I agreed with about a video game that I've played for 13+ years. I'm really at the point where I'm going to ask the Stratics ruling tribal council what my opinion is before I post it because frankly the drama just isn't worth it. I live in a house with 3 women, I get enough of it at home, I don't need more here.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who says the community must include every single individual every time?? Catering the the good of the community also means catering to the individuals in the community. A large guild like Gilfane would consist of a large part of the community in my eyes
Because then it would be called the "large part of the community hub" not the "community hub" :mf_prop:

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because then it would be called the "large part of the community hub" not the "community hub" :mf_prop:
Gilfane is a community...the Community Hub serves the community of Gilfane :popcorn::popcorn:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Very well, I will concede I was wrong about that. However, I would still like to see this be a thread that might accomplish something. As it is, it doesn't look like it will, so I will bow out.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Luka, this discussion is really about one tile. NEW is out of the discussion. That is a service to NEW. Enuf said about that. Shal gets huffy when NEW is mentioned... *winks* This thread is not about NEW.

Squirrel leads to my private castle... all sorts of weird things are going on there. *chuckles* Yeah.

GIL has two tiles. One to a very public house. Right in the middle of the settlement near Skara. No issues with that I would imagine. Anyone can use it.

The tile to the abyss is available to all but one. There has only ever been one person banned from the Hub. Just one.

No one has ever been banned from the Abyss house. Not on my watch.

I already have a tile to New Magencia. It is in an open house that Vlad has. He provides free vendor spots to any that ask. It would seem redundant to put another one screen away. If people are shopping they will check the vendors near by as well.

So we are down to one tile... The Gilfane loot house. On my side it is usable by anyone. If you do not have access to that house, that is your issue. Not mine.

Ask yourself... What current guild has run any recent events? Siege events. Any idea at the time and logistics involved in running an event? I do.

If that one single tile is what some of you are pancakes about... get over it.

If you do not want use my public house that is not in a guard zone, feel free to walk.

And that is all I have to say about that.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luka, this discussion is really about one tile. NEW is out of the discussion. That is a service to NEW. Enuf said about that. Shal gets huffy when NEW is mentioned... *winks* This thread is not about NEW.

Squirrel leads to my private castle... all sorts of weird things are going on there. *chuckles* Yeah.

GIL has two tiles. One to a very public house. Right in the middle of the settlement near Skara. No issues with that I would imagine. Anyone can use it.

The tile to the abyss is available to all but one. There has only ever been one person banned from the Hub. Just one.

No one has ever been banned from the Abyss house. Not on my watch.

I already have a tile to New Magencia. It is in an open house that Vlad has. He provides free vendor spots to any that ask. It would seem redundant to put another one screen away. If people are shopping they will check the vendors near by as well.

So we are down to one tile... The Gilfane loot house. On my side it is usable by anyone. If you do not have access to that house, that is your issue. Not mine.

Ask yourself... What current guild has run any recent events? Siege events. Any idea at the time and logistics involved in running an event? I do.

If you do not want use my public house that is not in a guard zone, feel free to walk.

And that is all I have to say about that.
CASE CLOSED

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gotz a solution ! rolleyes:

Just rename it to: The community HUBBUB ! :grouphug:

rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes::lol::lol::popcorn:

hub·bub (hbb)
n.
1. Loud noise; din. See Synonyms at noise.
2. Confusion; tumult.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO

Why not give all access, then kill the two or three pks over and over

If the siege community does half the job it did buying the abyssal home
The few wise apples will soon disappear

What say you Siege

Might even stand guard with you!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
this discussion is really about one tile.

The End.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I gotz a solution ! rolleyes:

Just rename it to: The community HUBBUB ! :grouphug:

rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes::lol::lol::popcorn:

hub·bub (hbb)
n.
1. Loud noise; din. See Synonyms at noise.
2. Confusion; tumult.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or "Shenanigans"

P

PuddyMae

Unless Kelmo wants me to move the tile it stays there. Like I said before, that tile is set to any one to use, in both directions, but you have to be one of the anyones to use it. The two-word phrase any one means “any single member of a group of persons or things”

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any person that pushes for a "community" item then makes it a "private group of friends" thing should have hot coffee poured in thier lap. If its private then stop asking for group and community support.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the community item is the Abyss house, which Kelmo received an abundance of community support for. The house is currently public and can be accessed from this 'Hub' that everyone is up in arms about.

From what I gather, the hub itself was placed by Kelmo and has a house tele tile to the Abyss house. Doesn't this satisfy the Community support requirement? The Abyss house is public, and the tele tiles are as well. What Kelmo chooses to do with the rest of the tele tiles he places is his own choice, as long as the 'hub' stays public to allow access to the Abyss house.

Why everyone is up in arms from what appears to be a single tile to a Guild House seems ridiculous. If you can get to the Abyss house and back from the Hub, what's the problem? Granted, I'll give you that allowing a single guild easier access to the hub may upset people, but the original notion of the abyss house being linked via tele is in place. Once again, what Kelmo wants to do with the rest of the house is his business, and ultimately since the community is not paying his monthly fee to EA for upkeep on the house, it's his decision. If the hub house is relatively easy to get to from a moongate then there's really not a lot to gripe about in my opinion.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
67% of the teleporters are accessible by all. This is touted as a Public Hub ( 100% access implied ).
When you go into a public building, are there not places you cannot access? Libraries have staff only rooms, county building have workers offices/etc. All of which you don't have access to, public hub does not imply 100% access. It does imply that the house itself is public and there be at least some destinations that everyone can reach.

Or if you like, it is 100% access, the house itself is public, but some destination houses are not, which is not a requirement of the actual Hub, nor implied by the term 'public hub.'

Take yer pic,
-H

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it quite humorous watching the lengths that some will go to in order to convince themselves they're in the right. It's like watching politicians argue over the definition of the word "is". Carry on!:popcorn:

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you go into a public building, are there not places you cannot access?
Yes, but we aren't discussing off limit rooms, we are discussing off limit exits.

Libraries have staff only rooms, county building have workers offices/etc. All of which you don't have access to, public hub does not imply 100% access. It does imply that the house itself is public and there be at least some destinations that everyone can reach.

Or if you like, it is 100% access, the house itself is public, but some destination houses are not, which is not a requirement of the actual Hub, nor implied by the term 'public hub.'

Take yer pic,
-H
Semantics, nothing more. This is a petition thread. The petition has already fallen on deaf ears, so to argue it further is moot.

The result may very well be that calls for community support will fall on deaf ears in the future. I think that is more damaging than winning some points in some irrelevant argument.

O

olduofan

I don't know how I am not being crystal clear on this, I really don't. Let's try this:

1) In all my years on Stratics, I've disliked one mod (not Kelmo). You'll notice I posted my agreement before any mods chimed in so your belief that I am doing this to be "troublesome" to mod is incorrect.

2) As I've said 2 or 3 times, this is Kelmo's house, he can do what he pleases! No right or wrong involved.

3) I see no "nobility" in having an opinion the same, or opposite, of your's or anyone else's.

4) I have no interest in having any teleporter tiles at this, or any other, house not owned by myself or a guildmate.

5) I believe that a select few people live to create drama where there is none. This is a forum about a game.

6) I believe (correctly or not) that this house was a community hub. It is my opinion that a community hub should not have private access to a select few houses. I believe this is favoritism. Again, my opinion, and it's Kelmo's house, he can show whatever favoritism he desires.

Really, that's it. I replied to a post that I agreed with about a video game that I've played for 13+ years. I'm really at the point where I'm going to ask the Stratics ruling tribal council what my opinion is before I post it because frankly the drama just isn't worth it. I live in a house with 3 women, I get enough of it at home, I don't need more here.
this is what makes it a none community house its a private house for friends I agree