• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition to disallow private houses at the public hub

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda defeats the purpose of a public hub when only a few certain players have access to the buildings, if people want those near the hub but still be private they can build a house nearby and keep their own hub.

It's kelmo's house and he can do as he pleases of course, but just an observation....

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't totally disagree with this but personally I'd like the hub moved to new mag.... and I would say that the NEW tele should remain open only to those accessed to the NEW keep... we don't wanna let ruffians in there...

S

Shalimar/Cleo

I don't totally disagree with this but personally I'd like the hub moved to new mag.... and I would say that the NEW tele should remain open only to those accessed to the NEW keep... we don't wanna let ruffians in there...
The NEW house accesses the majority of players as it is, I don't think this thread is about NEW, so leave them out of this. Hub or no hub, NEW house access stays as it is.

Heavenless

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think there should be MORE private house teles there! I vote nay...

Vlad wants everything moved to New Mag, and none of us are going to bother NEW. Next time don't stand there while getting pk'd, run around a little.

P

PuddyMae

So... lets open the Brit castle then so anyone can get into that place. An event was held there but us common folks couldn't get in.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the most part, the hub is a cheap version of Friends with benefits! Hub in New Mag? I offered up the second plot I won for a new hub site, free, the offer was turned down. As to NEW ya keep that newbified. Brit. castle now that's just not right. Let's call shenanigans on it: "An official declaration made by patrons of an establishment who feel they have been cheated. Once a charge of shenanigans has been accepted by an authority figure, said patrons are free to assault the owners of said establishment with brooms ". Google it!

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The shard is down to only the most ass kissable people.

Why would anything in the covetited Mag house grouping be private.

I mean all you have to do is beg people that own these house for access.

Somewhere the idea of 95% of the shard using these free transportation things wasn't the point of Siege. Learn to gate, walk, or lag to your destination like everyone else.

Like 2 years ago was it said something like this?..."Dear Dev's, I can't afford magery and I cant stand to walk more than one screen, so can you kinda forget the Siege is hard to get around thing and...."

Any person that pushes for a "community" item then makes it a "private group of friends" thing should have hot coffee poured in thier lap. If its private then stop asking for group and community support.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... lets open the Brit castle then so anyone can get into that place. An event was held there but us common folks couldn't get in.
Yes you could have. Your guildmaster could have gone to a faction sigil stone and added the whole guild. or if you were unguilded you could have done the same for yourself.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard is down to only the most ass kissable people.

Why would anything in the covetited Mag house grouping be private.

I mean all you have to do is beg people that own these house for access.

Somewhere the idea of 95% of the shard using these free transportation things wasn't the point of Siege. Learn to gate, walk, or lag to your destination like everyone else.

Like 2 years ago was it said something like this?..."Dear Dev's, I can't afford magery and I cant stand to walk more than one screen, so can you kinda forget the Siege is hard to get around thing and...."

Any person that pushes for a "community" item then makes it a "private group of friends" thing should have hot coffee poured in thier lap. If its private then stop asking for group and community support.
I dont know the backround on this story but if any of the above is true you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reading the Petition I would say Nay!
Reason:

Heavenless and Raptor (O-S) are waiting for people at the hub to kill them...
stop being lamers and people might actualy let them be public!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Anyone is welcomed to build their own hub. Mine is as is... Feel free to use it.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry havenless I shouldnt have needed to move.. if there wernt a bug regarding pets attacking people in homes... *Shrugs* I'll admit it had sliped my mined... at the time... untill after i was dead... Admitedly I would have died but had all my pets attacked you at once like they were told to you would have been a ghost with me... and it would have been a race to get back... I do think you should stop being lame and killing people at the community hub

And Shal I wasn't saying NEW houses should be public I was saying they should stay the same...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Raptor... It is my hub. I will do what I think best for it. NEW keep is what it is. I will never make that public,I can not. The squirrel statue is mine. GIL has two there. One is public.

I realy think it is sad some hide and camp the place for mere kills. I thought most of you wanted a challenge.

Hell, if I had known, I could log in and just stand there. You could PK me over and over. If that will make the PK community feel better about themselves let me know.

I can even arrange for a rez anhk... and a rez character... You can kill me over and over there.

I can pay for other crafters to stand there if you wish. Hell, we can take turns.
If that is yer game.
If your game is merely killing folk, I can provide. I bet I could get bunch to just die...

Would that do it for you? Just a bunch of folks dieing? If killing folks that can not fight is yer thing let me know. I will put together an event... targets.

Ginsu's

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would that do it for you? Just a bunch of folks dieing? If killing folks that can not fight is yer thing let me know. I will put together an event... targets.
Target 1. ready :gee: (Crafter)

S

Shalimar/Cleo

I'm going to say this again:
This thread is not about NEW.
Most of the players on Siege are already accessed to NEW.
Raptor and Heavenless are also accessed to NEW, and have been since they started Siege.
The house rules are honoured by all those accessed.

Heavenless

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Challenge is actually finding someone to pk, I find it sad some expect to NOT be attacked at a high traffic area.

As far as the hub; If a baker puts a giant triple decker cake w/ all the bell's and whistles in his window while everyone in the community is starving...and they break the window, steal the cake, who's fault is it?

How about this Kelmo; pay myself and Raptor 500k (ea.) a week, and we'll protect you're hub from those horrible wicked vile pk's! :sword: ...or break the window and steal the cake.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Since I have never been offered a chance at access I say kill them all.

Every PK can drop all the personal friends of those houses all you want.

No person should feel safe in thier house 100% on siege AT ANY TIME.

Sieges special ruleset is geared towards PvP interaction.

Offering special gifts, rules, perks on siege should be bannable on Siege. And thats all these houses offer. Every other person on the game has to walk or gate to these places. Wait a sec, a few I can't EVEN gate too. But hey... Stick your tongue or nose in and poof you got special privlages.

Doesn't it seem wrong that if you ask nicely you DEFEAT a huge chunk of Siege's ruleset. And then If a grumpy old asshat wants, he just has to remove your access and stand back and preach about his house, his rules, his hub, ALL WHILE SCREAMING FOR PUBLIC SUPPORT.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raptor... It is my hub. I will do what I think best for it. NEW keep is what it is. I will never make that public,I can not. The squirrel statue is mine. GIL has two there. One is public.

I realy think it is sad some hide and camp the place for mere kills. I thought most of you wanted a challenge.

Hell, if I had known, I could log in and just stand there. You could PK me over and over. If that will make the PK community feel better about themselves let me know.

I can even arrange for a rez anhk... and a rez character... You can kill me over and over there.

I can pay for other crafters to stand there if you wish. Hell, we can take turns.
If that is yer game.
If your game is merely killing folk, I can provide. I bet I could get bunch to just die...

Nice attempt at re-directing the topic however Siege is what it is. Kelmo is what Kelmo is. Learn. Adapt. Siege will be here. Kelmo will be here, playing favorites *nods*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You are one of my favorites, Saint. *smiles*

Nakukak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you two guys want a room where you can be private, I bet you can use one of thouse private houses near the hub! ;)

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I have never been offered a chance at access I say kill them all.

Every PK can drop all the personal friends of those houses all you want.

No person should feel safe in thier house 100% on siege AT ANY TIME.

Sieges special ruleset is geared towards PvP interaction.

Im living proof! rofl:D:D:D

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ok, maybe I just had a long day at work, but are we talking about the houses around the hub being made public? Or the teleporters in the hub all being public?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, maybe I just had a long day at work, but are we talking about the houses around the hub being made public? Or the teleporters in the hub all being public?
They are referring to some of the teleporters that go to private houses...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok, just tried the teleporters myself.

For the char I used, 3 out of 9 teleporters were unaccessible. One of them was NEWs.

Since so many players on Siege have/can get access to the NEW HQ I´d say 7 out of the 9 teleporters are public.

I don´t see what the fuss is all about...

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, just tried the teleporters myself.

For the char I used, 3 out of 9 teleporters were unaccessible. One of them was NEWs.

Since so many players on Siege have/can get access to the NEW HQ I´d say 7 out of the 9 teleporters are public.

I don´t see what the fuss is all about...
67% of the teleporters are accessible by all. This is touted as a Public Hub ( 100% access implied ).

Our guilds Private hub is next door to the "public" one. I suggest if others want private access near the public hub, they should place a house near it, but not have private permissions at the "public" hub.

Out of curiosity, do other shards have hub houses, or do they still rely on rune libraries?

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house is Kelmo's and he can obviously do with it what he chooses, however the appearance is that of favoritism towards a certain guild since they are the only ones that have private teles there, that's all. I myself am ok with that because it just gives me more motivation to chase them back into their holes! :spider:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With everyone using either recall or SJ on prodo I´d guess that they rely on their runebooks and/or libraries.

Some shards have public teleporters down to a SA house though...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The house is Kelmo's and he can obviously do with it what he chooses, however the appearance is that of favoritism towards a certain guild since they are the only ones that have private teles there, that's all. I myself am ok with that because it just gives me more motivation to chase them back into their holes! :spider:
Has O-S asked Kelmo if they can add a private teleporter at the hub?

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
so...just trying to understand here....Kelmo should buy yet another account for his own personal house teleporters and those of his friends?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so...just trying to understand here....Kelmo should buy yet another account for his own personal house teleporters and those of his friends?
I see the point has been almost entirely missed by everyone here, I don't think ANY guild should have private teleporters on the hub if it is to be called a community hub, as it defeats the purpose. Kelmo is more than welcome to give his friends personal access, so long as it's not touted as a "community effort", but knowing it would be allowed may have changed who would have been donated to back during the abyss house auction.

This is the response we anticipated though, and as the hub is now considered an ally to our foes, and thus an enemy house itself, it will be treated accordingly.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see the point has been almost entirely missed by everyone here, I don't think ANY guild should have private teleporters on the hub if it is to be called a community hub, as it defeats the purpose. Kelmo is more than welcome to give his friends personal access, so long as it's not touted as a "community effort", but knowing it would be allowed may have changed who would have been donated to back during the abyss house auction.

This is the response we anticipated though, and as the hub is now considered an ally to our foes, and thus an enemy house itself, it will be treated accordingly.
Yes it does seem odd to see private houses on what is touted as a public hub. It sounds more PR than reality. At the same time, who cares? if anyone dislikes it, just kill everyone that uses it. :p

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's more of a clarification issue. Is it a cummunity hub (through Kelmo) or is it Kelmo's hub? I thought he said it was a cummunity hub after evryone kicked in for SA house, and yes I may very well be wrong. I understand he owns it regardless of what anyone thinks, and we who are not his friends can just bite it. But ya shouldn't claim cummunity hub, if it is your personal hub and simply allow access to the cummunity, claim it that way. Just a matter of words I guess.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if anyone dislikes it, just kill everyone that uses it. :p
That's what we've started doing :) Got a few nice quivers of inf, lots of armor, restocked my potions vendor, and made quite a bit of gold off the blockade we did the other day.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or does the term "Community Hub" mean more that Kelmo is willing to host a house close to a moongate for others to place there teleporters??

Play the role you want...be a pk or don't...steal or don't. Kelmo should have the option in his public house to allow the "community" to place teleporters with Security options as he pleases.

He obviously doesn't mind you playing your role as he hasn't banned you (least I haven't seen a petition to allow you entrance to the Community Hub yet lol)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only those Kelmo deems a friend can place a teleports there. Thats not hosting a cummunity hub. When you pick and choose those you like in the cummunity to place there, and let some of those people {excetion NEW) keep teleports private. Thats more of a personal hub and simply should not be claimed as Cummunity hub.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess it depends on how you would define "community"

As per Wikipedia

Traditionally a "community" has been defined as a group of interacting people living in a common location. The word is often used to refer to a group that is organized around common values and is attributed with social cohesion within a shared geographical location, generally in social units larger than a household. The word can also refer to the national community or international community.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point totally taken. But cummunity tries to serve all within it! It does not leave decision making up to one person. Decisions are made by the cummunity for the good of all within it. It's cool if Kelmo says it a personal hub, more power to him. But he does not serve the entire communty when it comes down to if he likes you or not.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This whole thread smacks little of 'community concern' and more 'let's find an excuse to bash Kelmo'.
Most of the teleporters on the hub are freely provided, and charged, by individuals for community use. I have one there that gives access to Zento. The porter to the abyss house is free access. A very few there are limited access.
If you are willing to provide a free access teleporter to a house you own I'm sure Kelmo will accomodate you if asked.
Kelmo has provided this resource, for which, don't forget, he pays a monthly fee for upkeep. That surely gives him the right to add additional, limited access teleporters at his discretion?

If you are insistent that you have a private teleporter at his hub, perhaps you should offer to contribute to the upkeep of the hub in return?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A teleport at our expense, a spot was politly requested some time back, and was going to be public to I4NI vendor house. Do you see a teleport to I4NI? NO! Will he tell us why not? Again NO!

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it is because your request was for a vendor house while others are for player run towns or unique places of interest (ie- abyss house) that serve the community

What if every vendor requested a teleporter to their house...would it not be unfair to deny them while granting yours??

S

Shalimar/Cleo

My understanding is the house in the Abyss was bought so it would be public and accessible for everyone, presumably via the hub? I believe that's what donations were for, not the hub itself.

So, if everyone can get to the Abyss from a porter at the hub, it works as intended...does it not?