• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training Guide *UPDATE 6/10/07*

K

KaneK89

Update: Added a new section to the Magic Resist training piece.

I took the requests of a few players and forum members and decided to make a Pet Training Guide to help stop the reposts of Pet Training.

WRESTLING

Okay, first on the list:

Wrestling is target based. In other words, your pet needs to have equal Wrestling skill to your target. It doesn't have to be an exact match, 10 points above or under your target is fine. I'm going to list some monsters to fight at different skill levels of Wrestling.

10-30

Wandering Healer
Lich
Pixie
Headless
Horde Minion
Shadow Wisp

Ophidian Apprentice Mage (These have a wide range 20-60)
Ophidian Justicar (These have a wide range 20-60)
Ophidian Shaman (These have a wide range 20-60)
Ophidian Zealot (These have a wide range 20-60)
Ridgeback
Savage Ridgeback
Evil Mage
Mummy
Zombie

Yomotsu Priest
Skeletal Mage
Gaman
Bake Kitsune
Evil Mage Lord
Bogle (Bogles NO LONGER SPAWN)
Bone Magi/Skeletal Mage
Corpser
Ettin
Imp
Orc Mage
Shade
Skeleton
Titan
Wraith

Wailing Banshee
Gore Fiend
Kappa
Orc
Reaper
Water Elemental

Wanderer of the Void
Serpentine Dragon
Crystal Sea Serpent
Gargoyle
Gazer
Lizardman
Ratman
Ratman Mage
Sea Serpent
Troll

Ophidian Matriarch
Orc Bomber
Orc Chopper
Orcish Lord
Quagmire
Terathan Matriarch
Arcane Daemon
Crystal Daemon
Crystal Elemental
Insane Dryad
Meer Eternal
Meer Mage
Daemon
Efreet

Rune Beetle
Air Elemental
Earth Elemental
Lich Lord
Ogre
Swamp Tentacle

Ravager
Poison Elemental
Sand Vortex
Moloch
Acid Elemental
Dull Copper Elemental
Harpy
Stone Gargoyle
Wisp

Juka Mage
Juka Warrior
Revenant Lion
Terathan Warrior
Succubus
Meer Captain
Ki-rin
Cyclops
Elder Gazer
Fire Elemental
Frost Troll
Kirin
Stone Harpy
Nightmare
Unicorn

Juka Lord
Rai-Ju
Snow Elemental
Skeletal Knight
Ant Lion
Satyr
Fan Dancer
Lady of the Snow
Kaze Kemono
Blood Elemental
Bone/Skeletal Knight
Dragon
Ice Fiend
Dread Spider

95+

Elite Ninja
Meer Warrior
Hiryu
Tsuki Wolf
Unfrozen Mummy
White Wyrm
Yamandon
Yomotsu Elder
Yomotsu Warrior
Oni
Ophidian Avenger
Ophidian Knight-Errant
Orc Brute
Rotting Corpse
Terathan Avenger
Sphynx
Shadow Wyrm
Centaur
Crystal Hydra
Crystal Lattice Seeker
Cu Sidhe
Fire Beetle
Hydra
Lesser Hiryu
Leviathan
Meer Warrior
Arctic Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord
Orc Brute

No, I did NOT make this list on my own. Thanks goes out to Mordanna and The Pacific Rangers Council for this information. I can say that these monsters work for Wrestling, as I have used this list as a reference when training, and so far it has not steered me wrong.

TACTICS

Tactics is just like Wrestling in that it's target based. Same rules apply, find a monster of equal level, and start fighting. I'll post a list of monsters to fight at different levels for Tactics, too.

10-30

Ridgeback
Savage Ridgeback
Horde Minion
Pixie
Kirin
Unicorn
Shadow Wisp
Headless

Mummy
Zombie

Yomotsu Priest
Quagmire
Skeletal Mage
Serpentine Dragon
Bone Magi/Skeletal Mage
Bogle (Bogles NO LONGER SPAWN)
Corpser
Ettin
Imp
Orc Mage
Reaper
Shade
Skeleton
Wraith

Wailing Banshee
Ophidian Matriarch
Rai-Ju
Terathan Matriarch
Gore Fiend
Meer Eternal
Kaze Kemono
Gargoyle
Gazer
Lich Lord
Ratman
Troll
Water Elemental

Wanderer of the Void
Crystal Sea Serpent
Air Elemental
Dread Spider
Lizardman
Ogre
Orc
Ratman Mage
Sea Serpent

Revenant Lion
Sand Vortex
Insane Dryad
Efreet
Orc Mage
Swamp Tentacle
Titan

Ophidian Apprentice Mage
Ophidian Justicar
Ophidian Shaman
Ophidian Zealot
Gaman
Arcane Daemon
Crystal Daemon
Earth Elemental
Evil Mages
Dull Copper Elemental
Evil Mage Lord
Daemon

Ravager
Orc Bomber
Orc Chopper
Orcish Lord
Bake Kitsune
Crystal Elemental
Meer Mage
Moloch
Ice Fiend
Lich
Poison Elemental
Stone Harpy
Wisp

Juka Mage
Juka Warrior
Rune Beetle
Succubus
Kappa
Acid Elemental
Harpy

Oni
Poison Elemental
Terathan Warrior
Snow Elemental
Skeletal Knight
Ant Lion
Satyr
Fan Dancer
Lady of the Snow
Evil Mages
Wandering Healer
Blood Elemental
Bone/Skeletal Knight
Cyclops
Elder Gazer
Fire Elemental
Frost Troll
Stone Gargoyle

95+

Elite Ninja
Meer Warrior
Juka Lord
Hiryu
Tsuki Wolf
Unfrozen Mummy
White Wyrm
Yamandon
Yomotsu Elder
Yomotsu Warrior
Ophidian Avenger
Ophidian Knight-Errant
Orc Brute
Rotting Corpse
Terathan Avenger
Sphynx
Shadow Wyrm
Centaur
Crystal Hydra
Crystal Lattice Seeker
Cu Sidhe
Fire Beetle
Hydra
Lesser Hiryu
Leviathan
Meer Captain
Meer Warrior
Arctic Ogre Lord
Dragon
Nightmare
Ogre Lord
Orc Brute

Again, this list is from the Pacific Rangers Council website. Many thanks to Mordanna.

I STRONGLY suggest picking out only casting monsters from these lists whenever possible, as this will help increase Magic Resistance at the same time.

ANATOMY

Anatomy is not target based. You can fight anything and Anatomy will gain. However, I suggest finding a monster with high resistances, low damage, and high hit points to maximize gains per monster. Good examples are rotting corpses, and vorpal bunnies.

SHADOW IRON ELEMENTALS

This is the harder, slower, but more fun, and profitable way to train these skills. The easiest way is with a shadow iron elemental, but only use these when pets are around 75 Wrestling, and Tactics, else they will not gain very well, because shadow iron elementals spawn with 60+, but on average have around 80. They are immune to pets and magic, so they will not be killed by pets. Even a rune beetle constantly deadly poisoning, bleeding, and corrupting its armor, it will not die. A good elemental can bring a pet to GM and beyond if allowed to gain beyond GM of course.

Step by step guide to "summoning" shadow iron elementals:

Get a Miner with 65 Mining at least
Get a Gargoyle's Pickaxe
Go to a Dull Copper ore vein
Start digging with the pickaxe, and pray one appears.

You can also use a prospector's tool in conjunction with the Gargoyle's Pickaxe on Iron ore veins to summon one.

Another way to find these elementals is to go to the Yomatsu Mines if you have UO Samurai Empire. They spawn with a bunch of other critters, so it's best to lure the elemental to a secluded spot to train.

MAGIC RESIST

Magic Resist is, in my opinion, the hardest skill to train. Not just because there are no "tricks" to do it, but also because it just doesn't like to gain. I find moving around to different casting monsters is the best way to train. Liches and Lich Lords in particular are good for training as they cast Necromancy spells as well as Magery Spells. And since most Necro spells are resistable, pets have a better chance to gain fighting these.

I have no proof, but it appears Magic Resist is target based. Meaning you'll see better gains if your pet fights something with equal Magery level.

Here's a list of monsters and what their Magery skill level is:

Nightmare (These have a wide range - 10 to 50)

Ice Elemental (These have a wide range - 10 to 60)
Dragon

Unfrozen Mummy
Shadow Wisp

Gazer
Dark Guardian

Water Elemental
Wanderer of the Void
Skeletal Magi
Orcish Mage
Air Elemental
Fire Elemental
Efreet
Bone Magi

Crystal Elemental
Unicorn
Dread Spider
Crystal Elemental

Insane Dryad
Ratmen Mage
Meer Mage
Lich
Gargoyle
Daemon
Betrayer (These have a wide range - 50 to 100)

Savage Shaman
Wisp
Ki-rin (These have a wide range 60-100)

Evil Mage
Dark Wisp
Terathan Avenger
Revenant Lion
Poison Elemental
Ice Fiend
Arcane Daemon
Bake Kitsune

Wandering Healer
Priest of Mondain
Titan
Skeletal Dragon
Shadow Wyrm
Ophidian Apprentice Mage
Juka Mage
Ancient Wyrm
Blood Elemental
Ophidian Shaman

Zealot of Khaldun Summoner (Khaldun only)
Lysander Gathenwale (Khaldun only)
Controller
Evil Mage Lord
Terathan Matriarch
Reaper
Phoenix
Pixie
Ophidian Zealot
Ophidian Matriarch
Ophidian Justicar
Meer Eternal
Lich Lord
Imp
Gargoyle Destroyer
Elder Gazer
Devourer of Souls
Balron
Fire Gargoyle
Sphynx

GM+

Serpentine Dragon
Crystal Daemon
Crystal Lattice Seeker
Leviathan
White Wyrm
Succubus
Kaze Kemono
Ethereal Warrior
Lady of the Snow
Leviathen
Oni
Rune Beetle
Serpentine Dragon
Yomatsu Priest
Ancient Lich

Note: I organized these based on their AVERAGE Magery skill based on what the Stratics Hunters Guide says. Some of them spawn 10-20 points different than the categories these monsters fall in. If they can spawn with a wider range, I noted it.

ALTERNATIVE RESIST TRAINING

An alternative to fightning monsters is to have a Necro, or a Mage friend in your guild or in Fel, cast resistable spells on your pet. If you have the required skills, you can also do this yourself. I proved this method works with at least nightmares, as mine gained .3 in about a half hour of poison and paralyze spam.

There is a new way to do Resist. I've GM'd all of my pets' Resist in a couple of days. Unguilded, in Trammel. Have the pet fight another pet, or a shadow iron elemental. Just spam Clumsy on it. It'll GM in a matter of hours.

Remember, they can only gain if a RESISTABLE spell is cast on them. Examples of these spells include Poison, Paralyze, Mana Drain, Mana Vampire, Paralyze Field, Poison Field, Pain Spike, Strangle, Evil Omen, Blood Oathe, and probably others I'm forgetting.

Pets can also gain Magic Resist via blue training explained below.

MAGERY

Mage skills are easy, but time consuming to train with the exception of Meditation. Through normal, every day hunting, Meditation is a VERY difficult skill to train, as it is movement based, and most areas people hunt in are small, and don't allow much running around. Just fight high hit point, high resist monsters for best results with Magery and Eval, as this allows maximum gains on each monster.

BLUE TRAINING

The easiest method, but also less fun, and less profitable method of training these skills is called "Blue Training."

If you're in a guild, and in Trammel, follow this guide.

Grab pet A, and pet B.
Go to a stable of your choice.
Put pet A in one of the corrals.
Put pet B in an adjacent corral.
Have pet A attack pet B twice. ( All kill, target pet B, all kill, target pet B)

They will turn green and start fighting, but only be able to use ranged attacks and spells. They WILL take damage, but only for two minutes.

If not in a guild and in Trammel, just tell pets to attack each other twice, like in the previous guide, and recall to wherever you plan on training.

CU SIDHE HEALING

For those of you having trouble with Cu Sidhe's Healing skill, try letting it fight rotting corpses and curing itself. This way has been known to train it past 90. Just need it to cure DP as often as possible. Can also use Rune Beetles to train it. Or have a Nox Mage or Warrior constantly DP it.

STATS

Stats don't gain so well until melee skills reach Master level. It's right around 95 skills that you start to see some nice stat gains.

NOTE: Pet's that are TAMED with HIGHER than GM in a skill, CAN be retrained UP TO what they had AFTER taming. If you have a "Legacy" pet, that was tamed before Publish 29 (I think) it will only retrain up to what it had after the publish.

I suggest also training in Felucca. Not only are spawn rates MUCH faster than in Trammel, but Felucca gives you the added ability of healing your opponent, allowing constant gains.

Well, this about wraps it up. If anyone would like to edit any info, or add anything, feel free to post. I will edit as necessary. Thanks!

ONE - SLOT PET TRAINING

Harvest Moon made a very nice 1-slot-pet training guide, so I figured I'd throw it in here.

I do not take ANY credit for the guide below, this was all done by Harvest Moon.

I put together a training guide for training one slot pets because you can’t really use the Stratics training guide like you can with big pets. This training guide will work for any one slot pet, ranging a bird to a frenzied ostard.

Here are the steps that I take for training one slot pets.
1. Picking out the pet. You might think that it doesn't matter whether your chicken has a physical resist of 2 or 5. But, you want to have the baddest chicken in Brittainia right? If the pet you are going to train normally starts with less than 125 str, then go out and compare a bunch of whatever type of animal you want to tame then keep the one that has the highest resists and the lowest strength and highest hit points. It is also highly suggested that your pet's str is higher than its hit points. If the pet you are going to train normally starts with 125 or more str, then pick the one with the highest str and hp.

2. Feed the pet, stable the pet and wait a week.

3. Claim the pet and feed it to bond it.

4. If you are guilded, do the following:
a. go tame the same kind of pet as the one that you are going to train. Make sure it has at least two hp.
b. Have the two pets fight each other.
c. Whenever either one gets damaged, cast in mani on it. For stronger pets, you will need to use bandages instead of casting in mani.
d. Continue to have the two fight until your keeper has 65 wrestling and tactics. This will take an hour and a half to two hours of training.

If you are un-guilded, do the following:
a. go tame the same kind of pet as the one that you are going to train. Make sure it has at least two hp.
b. Go to a town in Felucca and find an isolated spot to reduce the chances of other players bothering you.
c. Release the sparring partner. If you are training an aggressive pet, you will need to go outside the guard zone.
d. Have the two fight each other.
e. Whenever either one gets damaged, cast in mani on or use a bandage on it.
f. Continue to have the two fight until your keeper has 65 wrestling and tactics. This will take an hour and a half to two hours of training.

5. After your pet gets up to 65 wrestling and tactics, get a miner to mine up a shadow elemental. Then take a large pet (preferrably a cu sidhe) and the small pet that you are training to the shadow elemental. Have the large pet attack the shadow elemental. Wait about a minute then have the small pet attack the shadow elemental.

(Your pet's wrestling or tactics need to be within about 25 skill points of the shadow ele's wrestling or tactics in order for your pet to gain skill, above or below. A freshly spawned shadow ele's wrestling and tactics range from 60 to 100. So it's possible that the shadow ele's wrestling and/or tactics will be too high for your pet to gain but there's a good chance that they won't be too high.)

Continue to have your pets attack the shadow elemental until you are out of your mind with boredom. Then stable your pet and repeat step 5 whenever you feel like training your pet.

If you stop training the pet before the 1 ½ to 2 hours are up, then do the following the next time you are ready to train your pet:

If your pet’s wrestling and tactics are 0-30, do the following:

Try having it fight mongbats. There are plenty around Moonglow.

If your pet’s wrestling and tactics are 30-65, do the following:

Between 30 and 65 is a little tough because your pet is weak but needs to fight something stronger. The technique I use in this situation only works if you have magery or a warrior skill. If you are a mage, you will need to get a mage weapon and some dull copper armor. Then take the pet to the Yew crypts where skeletons spawn. Park the pet about two screens away from the crypts. Then lure a skeleton out to your pet with your weapon in your hand. Make sure you tab out so you don't hit the skeleton. Then have your pet attack the skeleton. Here is the tricky part with this technique. After about two minutes, the skeleton will change targets and start attacking your pet. When this happens, immediately kill the skeleton. If you aren't quick, the skeleton will kill a bird in about three seconds. After you kill the skeleton, then go get another one and repeat the process.

For training magic resist, put a barrier between yourself and your pet (like a fence) then cast the spells weaken, clumsy, feeblemind, mana drain, paralyze and curse on your pet over and over. I also cast poison if I am training a poisoning pet because the poison will have no effect. I would suggest that you do not try this technique on a fire breather or spell caster unless you are sure you know what you are doing. I believe that your pet will gain resist faster the closer the pet's magic resist value is to your magery value.

Let me give you one word of warning. Most people that try to train small pets give up because the pet's strength will go up very slowly until it reaches 2x gm. Once the pet reaches 2x gm, it's str will go up quickly until it reaches 125 str. So don't give up! This technique will eventually get your pet up to gm wrestling, tactics, anatomy, 125 str, and 125 dex.

J

jamesb3002

To dig up a Shadow Elemental the miner does NOT have to be GM. They only have to be high enough to dig up dull copper which is 65.

G

I'd also add trogdlytes (sp) at Painted Caves as a great way to train cu sidhes early on (plus they give bandages)

M

mjolnir131

ok so how hard is it to get a skadow ele using +5 mining gloves zero skill then hit it with a prospecting tool then a gargoly pick axe or will that not work it should the prospector tool takes it to dull copper and the pick axe takes it to shadow

H

Harvest Moon

I'm pretty sure that won't work cuz I believe you need enough mining to mine up shadow ore in order to mine up a shadow ele.

G

The Ghosts in new haven are really good for resist. just get a bunch to attack the pet, and keep pet away from them so he doesnt kill them. They only curse, never damage spells.

G

I'm sure most of you all have noticed this, but the Stat gaining changes we received applies to pets too!!! Man oh man pet stats FLY now. I'm talking STR/DEX/INT

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
for magic resist.

even if you dont have magic skill.
all you need to do is cast level 1 dubuffer spells on your pets, that will get them to GM resist in no time at all.
couple hours.

if you have magic skills, great.
if you dont, get a ring and watch and a spellbook with magic skill on them.
all you need to do is get to like 30 skill in magic, that way you pretty much never fail.

cast feeblemind, clumsy and weaken.
just do that over and over and over.

the more mages you can get doing it, the faster it will go.

thats what i do for all my pets.

L

Lord badseed

<blockquote><hr>

BLUE TRAINING

The easiest method, but also less fun, and less profitable method of training these skills is called "Blue Training."

If you're in a guild, and in Trammel, follow this guide.

Grab pet A, and pet B.
Go to a stable of your choice.
Put pet A in one of the corrals.
Put pet B in an adjacent corral.
Have pet A attack pet B twice. ( All kill, target pet B, all kill, target pet B)

They will turn green and start fighting, but only be able to use ranged attacks and spells. They WILL take damage, but only for two minutes.

If not in a guild and in Trammel, just tell pets to attack each other twice, like in the previous guide, and recall to wherever you plan on training.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this still work? my pet/pets keep teleporting to one/another.
I assume there is no legal way to stop them from teleporting?

M

Motom

By far the quickest way to gm a pets resist is by using the spectral spellbinders in New Haven (as posted above). They only cast non-damaging resistable spells. Drop a boat along the coast. Place 2 pets on board (the one you want resist on and another for distraction purposes). Have them attack each other (they won't do any damage but will fight all the same). Then go grab as many of the spellbinders as you can find (6-8 or more) and lead them to your boat. Get on board and tell your pet to attack the first spellbinder and immediately tell it to attack you as well (otherwise it may cast on the spellbinder or teleport to shore). Repeat for each spellbinder. Invis yourself to make sure the spellbinders are no longer attacking and have switched to your pet. Gains will be very quick. If you are a disco tamer you can make them raise even faster by discording your pet. Your pets resist will be gm in about half an hour, along with meditation (since it's casting on your other pet).

Of course if your pet isn't a caster you don't need to have 2 pets or have your pet attack you.

I

imported_weins201

Shadow Elementals are used to train warrior skills now, as long as the pet is agro to the shadow ele directly (pet taking damage) you can cast the resist traiing spells on him / her to train their resists.

from 90 - 120 + in 3 hours possible

U

uoBuoY

Gaman, man, Gaman! Why are so ignored?

From about 95 to 105 these guys are absolutely perfect. They fulfill my 4 criteria for a ideal training buddy: they are in the optimum gain zone, non-agro, little or no dangerous spawn (Kitsuni Grove) and abundant. And ya get 15 leather for each one ya kill!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In terms of the Spectral Spellbinders in New Haven,

With the changes to the Pet Commands (All Follow Me for example), you only need to lure a spectral spellbinder near the pet, say All Kill followed immediately by all follow me followed by all stay.

You just need to issue the All Follow me fast enough to prevent the pet from killing the Spectral SpellBinder. Go lure another one back rinse and repeat.

With 6 Spectral SpellBiners on a Greater Dragon, it takes about 3 Hours to cap Resist Spells AND to Cap Dex/Stamina at 125.

I am unaware of any issues with this method (oh say vs being on a boat).

As for a Shadow Ore Elemental, there are two in the Yamoto (sp) mines. Being a Peace Tamer, I just bring the first one back to the entrance (peacing everything out of the way). I see some just do the training more or less were the SOE spawns.

K

KaneK89

does this still work? my pet/pets keep teleporting to one/another.
I assume there is no legal way to stop them from teleporting?
Are they in adjacent stalls? If they're more than a tile apart, they'll teleport. I've never seen them teleport if they're seperated by one tile.

Gaman, man, Gaman! Why are so ignored?

From about 95 to 105 these guys are absolutely perfect. They fulfill my 4 criteria for a ideal training buddy: they are in the optimum gain zone, non-agro, little or no dangerous spawn (Kitsuni Grove) and abundant. And ya get 15 leather for each one ya kill!
I probably left them out because Stratics didn't have their skills listed. I'll get around to updating this soon. Glad people are still getting some use out of it.

G

gandolfofaol

If your not in to playing solo you can grab a friend with the same kind of pet and let them go toe to toe. That is how I have trained my greater dragons and as an added bonus we are getting vet gains :). Oh if possible discord both pets so they gain even faster.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an update for training your pets resist. You can just cast weaken on your pet repeatedly and get to gm. However with this method your magery has to be higher than pets resist. Easy way to train because your pet will not aggro on you for weaken.

K

KaneK89

how do you train a WW or greater drags magery?
Blue training works well for WWs. Use a mare, or another 2 slot pet. Greater dragons can be trained with a similar method, only you have it attack you as opposed to another pet. Just make sure you're not guilded and in Trammel, or you might get eaten.

This is an update for training your pets resist. You can just cast weaken on your pet repeatedly and get to gm. However with this method your magery has to be higher than pets resist. Easy way to train because your pet will not aggro on you for weaken.
Already in the guide under "ALTERNATIVE MAGIC RESIST TRAINING".

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how long do they take damage....they were taking damage for quite a while

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Is it legal to pen up a pet in a coral and have another attack it?

I thought this was bannable.

O

Orthus

When training Resisting Spells, don't forget to walk your pet around while they're getting cast upon. Resist gains speed up with movement.

J

[JD]

In terms of the Spectral Spellbinders in New Haven,

With the changes to the Pet Commands (All Follow Me for example), you only need to lure a spectral spellbinder near the pet, say All Kill followed immediately by all follow me followed by all stay.

You just need to issue the All Follow me fast enough to prevent the pet from killing the Spectral SpellBinder. Go lure another one back rinse and repeat.

With 6 Spectral SpellBiners on a Greater Dragon, it takes about 3 Hours to cap Resist Spells AND to Cap Dex/Stamina at 125.

I am unaware of any issues with this method (oh say vs being on a boat).

As for a Shadow Ore Elemental, there are two in the Yamoto (sp) mines. Being a Peace Tamer, I just bring the first one back to the entrance (peacing everything out of the way). I see some just do the training more or less were the SOE spawns.
MONEY tip! Worked great.

But how do you best train Bake Kitsuni? They keep blowing everything up. I want them to gain melee so they can defend themselves, not cast!

I'm not in a guild, I'm blue, and prefer to train in Tram.

Thanks

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MONEY tip! Worked great.

But how do you best train Bake Kitsuni? They keep blowing everything up. I want them to gain melee so they can defend themselves, not cast!

I'm not in a guild, I'm blue, and prefer to train in Tram.

Thanks
JD,

Did you ever find an answer to your bake kitsune training question? I'm curious about this as well.

Thanks!

M

Miss Ghost

Hmmmmmm since when did Greater Dragons start gaining in Magery, as far as I knew and I've tamed and trained many a one, Magery is a fixed skill. It stays at what it was when tamed.

Further on little pets training too - I have a fully trained neon purple bunny, a squirrel and a ferret. Fighting pigs and such animals works brilliantly, work gradually up and if you are quick with those bandages or healing spells ettins soon become fun. My little 'rat pack' whilst training in Wrong have earned me a few arty drops too *smiles*. There is something quite quite satisfying and most amusing being legendary taming and using cute ickle beasties to get rewards from, a fun break from the serious hunting with my GD Stuffy Dwagon.

Happy training lovely people *huggles*

J

[JD]

Is there any update to a better way to train Magery?

I've been doing the shadow iron elemental, but in addition to being mind-numbingly boring, it's so insanely slow.

Is there any way to make a creature meditate fasterso it can cast more? Perhaps new bard skills work on it, or ?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hunt with a pet to train its magery, I'll be honest, I've never found shadow eles efficient for training anything, but I kinda get bored if I'm static for 5 mins ;)

You can't make pets med any faster, but if you've got 2 pets or more out together, alternate the pet that attacks first. The first attacking pet uses mana and stamina while the supporting pet seems to be able to regenerate while it fights alongside the first. So I always set one pet then the other to fight first then there's no need to pause because one is out of mana.

For a solo pet, keep it fed and either pause briefly between kills or longer pause breaks when you need a cuppa.

Wenchy