• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Pedestal with Crystal -- Drach Castle IDOC talk

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, lets keep this in mind, per the UO Wiki:

The following items will be deleted during house collapse

• Account Bound Items
  • House Only Items
  • Commodity Deeds
  • Stackable Items
  • Goza Mats
  • Bank checks
  • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
  • Linked attendants
  • Vet Rewards
  • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones

So I have my doubts that these ummovable items were merely just Heavy items stuck in boxes, but perhaps maybe more of what another poster described below:

On a RunUO server when you place an item with a GM command in the world, it places GM-locked down. Can't pick it up, can't move it, and if you move the item to your pack with a command.. you cannot move it in your pack either. That's what's happening here and why the items are being deleted that can't be moved in the pack. Things like lamp posts, lanterns, 2 story statues, etc. were spawned in boxes and are similar, but the pedestal we're talking about here was obviously placed by a GM, EM, or seer - someone with admin capabilities to add items to the world. I would suspect that it was not a seer blessed house. Seers and IGMs blessed houses that were community fixtures and well known to the general public (at the time) - that castle was definitely not.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sheesh, stop dancing around these comments. Over the years, there have been IGMs, Seers, EMs, etc... who were corrupted and when given the power to create items without being checked they kept, sold, or gave to friends. When caught, they are fired but sometimes these items are too many to be tracked down until things like this happens.

If you check for history on these items, there is no history because they weren't supposed to exist to begin with.

To complicate things, there are also items when setting up events EMs forgot to lock them down and people looted them. For the past few years, they have been static so not as easy. Mesanna has done a good job as best as she could preventing these things from happening but there are lots out there and hidden in bank boxes and private storage containers and accounts.
i couldnt double like this so im liking it again here.

LIKE.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, lets keep this in mind, per the UO Wiki:

The following items will be deleted during house collapse

• Account Bound Items
  • House Only Items
  • Commodity Deeds
  • Stackable Items
  • Goza Mats
  • Bank checks
  • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
  • Linked attendants
  • Vet Rewards
  • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones

So I have my doubts that these ummovable items were merely just Heavy items stuck in boxes, but perhaps maybe more of what another poster describ
As you can see in my picture in the op, my item was 1 stone, not 255.

a wizard

Journeyman
People blowing stuff out of proportion purely out of spite and jealously of old items.

It's far simpler than corruption etc. These houses and these items were created during a time when the concept of decoration being an extravagantly valuable rare didn't exist. They were created by GMs and Seers to establish what were once thriving community hubs (eg: the Mage Towers), often times the Seers who created those places were allowed to keep what became their home once the program was gotten rid of, largely because there was really nothing that they could DO with the items, or that anyone could do with them. They couldn't be picked up or manipulated at all and thus were considered irrelevant outside of a potential community hub being still in play. Most of such places were very much forgotten, and with the recent change to "grandfathered/blessed" houses they are now falling.

Largely what we are seeing here are basically time-capsuled community hubs (Taverns, villages, player meeting locations, roleplay stuff, etc) that are derelict because they were blessed, or have served in some way as museums of the past as they were grandfathered.

Furthermore if you want to better understand why corruption amongst positions of power (igm/EM/etc) is a thing at all, the majority of us within the rares community need only look in a mirror.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People blowing stuff out of proportion purely out of spite and jealously of old items.

It's far simpler than corruption etc. These houses and these items were created during a time when the concept of decoration being an extravagantly valuable rare didn't exist. They were created by GMs and Seers to establish what were once thriving community hubs
You are absolutely wrong.

The house on Drachenfels where these items came from was not a seer / gm blessed house. This was not a community hub nor was it part of history. It was the house of an individual player. I also direct you to this thread: PC on a few items which is also selling items obtained from this same IDOC.

An example:
1596094618827.png

Unlike the abyssal pedestal, holes, fire fields, or playing cards, THESE items are completely movable. Theres a whole suit of this + numerous other undocumented items.

Here is the key point, look at the name of the item. "Queen Dawn's War Shield". Why is the name important? Lets see....

1. The Seer/Volunteer program ended (2000 or 2001)
2. Dawn was not an existing Ultima character
3. Dawn was introduced in Lord Blackthorns Revenge (2002)
3. Dawn was made queen in the Warriors Of Destiny global arc (2009)
5. Queen Dawn is killed (2011)

That means this suit had to have been created between 2009-2011, long after the Seer program ended. This is also long after they blessed houses like what you describe with deco.

* Also just to ask anyone who might know, was Abyssal even a hue in the game back during the Seer program? I highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
* Also just to ask anyone who might know, was Abyssal even a hue in the game back during the Seer program? I highly doubt it.
I would also doubt it. Most seers I own/have seen are very basic in color, if they are even rehued, and nondescript.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
There is a tram castle on Drach that was linked to the Cove fel , has same stuff in it. about 12 years ago they were both public.... was around the same time the gm was crashing the server every 20 minutes.......

Rune Artisem

Visitor
1. The Seer/Volunteer program ended (2000 or 2001)
2. Dawn was not an existing Ultima character
3. Dawn was introduced in Lord Blackthorns Revenge (2002)
3. Dawn was made queen in the Warriors Of Destiny global arc (2009)
5. Queen Dawn is killed (2011)

That means this suit had to have been created between 2009-2011, long after the Seer program ended. This is also long after they blessed houses like what you describe with deco.
This is what makes the whole case of this castle so intriguing to me. The sheer existence of these items point to not someone in the old volunteer program of Counselors and Seers, but to someone in the EM program in the last ten years or so.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a tram castle on Drach that was linked to the Cove fel , has same stuff in it. about 12 years ago they were both public.... was around the same time the gm was crashing the server every 20 minutes.......
What tram castle? Is it still there or do you have any pictures?

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
on related to stuck in pack items, on bahae this morning people had drop stuck in pack then disappeared lol. interesting