• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Pedestal with Crystal -- Drach Castle IDOC talk

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have info on this? It came from the Drachenfels castle IDOC. I can insure it but I can't move it around or take it out of my pack. It's hue 2075 but it is not listed there under the items with that hue. I was going to call a GM to fix it but I thought I'd ask here first for ideas.

pedestal.jpg pedestal2.jpg

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of questionable items coming out of this Drach idoc :confused:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This just happened. I logged back in and the hole had disappeared from my backpack and when I paged a GM to assist with the cards, they were confiscated.

Attachments

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This just happened. I logged back in and the hole had disappeared from my backpack and when I paged a GM to assist with the cards, they were confiscated.
That really sucks...it makes no sense to me why they confiscate items still. If it has existed for 15 years, what's the point in killing it now...just let people keep the stuff...

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whaaaat? What were the cards called?

Or, is it because they were IGM placed and that's why they couldn't be moved? I have seen those cards as server births.

Oh, nevermind, read the whole "questionable items comment.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just "Cards"

I wish they could have been kept, seeing they were in a players home, but you win some and you lose some. Disappointed but not the end of the day.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just "Cards"

I wish they could have been kept, seeing they were in a players home, but you win some and you lose some. Disappointed but not the end of the day.
That's the craziest part to me. They were in a players home already. So why were they able to have them but no one else can?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the craziest part to me. They were in a players home already. So why were they able to have them but no one else can?
Maybe because the player who had them in their house wasn't supposed to have them :eyes:

I'm pretty sure I know whose house that was. I also got a "hole" from the IDOC 1595995298737.png which is now deleted. Just because someone has it in their house does not mean it was ever legal.

(otherwise all the stuff which was in Clops' houses wouldn't have been an issue right?)

Last edited:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So you're thinking rogue EM or old seer kind of situation?
I mean with the cards it's certainly possible they were stuck in a crate and placed that way. The pedestal? Not so much, if it wasn't movable it was almost certain placed by a seer, EM, or GM. Those never came stuck in crates lol.

Edit: I will say, I have seen first hand that Mesanna and GMs will delete almost anything blocking housing space. So like statues, busts, two story statues, lamp posts... if they see them - poof, gone. So watch if you call a GM for anything and have any kind of setup in your house/around your home that you value.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone has any inside info on the pedestal I'd love to know. Either posted here or in PM. If in PM, I won't re-post anything unless you say it's ok to do so.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i had a sapling/small bush in my pack from that drak idoc, it looked like a event drop that i have. i couldnt move it/unload to bank. all of a sudden it was gone lol. i had fun though and got a few nice things. im for anything thats not supposed to be in game, to be deleted. not some that are allowed and some not allowed, no gray areas. problem is, many have no idea if a certain item is illegal, they may buy and get burned.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that drach's place was obviously a old seer blessed place, it had light posts outside the castle on the corners that where placed by a seer or dev or such.

it dosnt surprise me that a lot of the items in there where deemed not fit for public consumption.

what does suprise me is that they didnt go through it before it fell down.... like Clop's houses.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that drach's place was obviously a old seer blessed place,
No, it wasnt.

it had light posts outside the castle on the corners that where placed by a seer or dev or such.
That isnt proof of anything really. Plenty of capability of buying an old lampost stuck in a box and simply chopping it outside your house. Ive seen people do it with tons of items you would never think of. Hell, even Clops had done that with his castles.

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, those lanterns were placed in boxes also the cards so its fine that they got deleted. i knew the owner and he had not the best reputation. good that all the crap got deleted ! but funny how greedy some ppl are when it comes to such idocs, coming with noob chars and then spamming on all shards when they got killed. nobody wants to train toons but all want stuff. terrible !

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just not on the list of things to look for and delete when a house drops i guess.

All of these items stuck in pack seem to just be items that were stuck in a box when the house went idoc and then they got moved out of the box and into the idoc barrels then into your pack (and through that process the weight changed to 1?)... or possibly items that used to be in a box and were chopped, but to me those seem more likely to disappear in an idoc than those still stuck in a box, but that's just my guess.

Someone with some items stuck in box should transfer some to TC and play around with it. (If you manually drop a house with stuff in it does it go into barrels now? Or is there a way to make it do so?)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On a RunUO server when you place an item with a GM command in the world, it places GM-locked down. Can't pick it up, can't move it, and if you move the item to your pack with a command.. you cannot move it in your pack either. That's what's happening here and why the items are being deleted that can't be moved in the pack. Things like lamp posts, lanterns, 2 story statues, etc. were spawned in boxes and are similar, but the pedestal we're talking about here was obviously placed by a GM, EM, or seer - someone with admin capabilities to add items to the world. I would suspect that it was not a seer blessed house. Seers and IGMs blessed houses that were community fixtures and well known to the general public (at the time) - that castle was definitely not.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
What an interesting turn of events.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can decorate their houses. How is this corrupt? These were EM houses that are no longer EMs.
Lets be clear, this was a PLAYER house (I have no clue what they were as their job or not). This was not some old seer decorated community hotspot, this was a players house full of illegal items (Which have been getting deleted, atleast the unmovable ones).

I have also seen other, movable, undocumented items from from this IDOC as well. Completely not legit.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And people thought Corrupt EMs were a thing of the past LOL.
The rumors I have heard do not paint this as someone who was actively part of UO in any capacity, whether that was as an EM or something else.

Of course, rumors are just rumors. So feel free to take it all with a grain of salt.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i also got a "hole" tile that was stuck in my backpack. when i logged in this morning to try to get it out of my pack, it was gone. i thought it was odd i would get a stuck item because those usually weigh 255 stones but this one only weighed 2 stones. the only reason i noticed the weight was because i had a bunch of heavy rubble too.

it sucks that the hole went poof. i was looking forward to using it as deco in my house.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets be clear, this was a PLAYER house (I have no clue what they were as their job or not). This was not some old seer decorated community hotspot, this was a players house full of illegal items (Which have been getting deleted, atleast the unmovable ones).

I have also seen other, movable, undocumented items from from this IDOC as well. Completely not legit.
Good the game was smart enough to delete the items. Also nobody was able to sell these items to others before they went poof. So, a win win.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good the game was smart enough to delete the items. Also nobody was able to sell these items to others before they went poof. So, a win win.
How is this a win/win? What advantage does having a non-functional pedestal with crystal give me? It doesn't change my skills, stats, give out resources, or any other number of possible things. It's deco.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is this a win/win? What advantage does having a non-functional pedestal with crystal give me? It doesn't change my skills, stats, give out resources, or any other number of possible things. It's deco.
It would be a unique item and could possibly fetch you a couple hundred, if not thousand, dollars. That is the advantage.

I agree with Promathia. This situation most likely originated from 1) a corrupt EM from the early years who kept somehow kept their free account 2) a former seer/dev/GM who managed to keep their account or 3) someone who got an account from numbers 1 and 2. Either way said person obviously created their own private playground. If they had the ability to do that, they had the ability to make anything; any item. What that means to me is that any item count listed on any site is essentially useless - there's no way of knowing how many of any given item there are.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would be a unique item and could possibly fetch you a couple hundred, if not thousand, dollars. That is the advantage.

I agree with Promathia. This situation most likely originated from 1) a corrupt EM from the early years who kept somehow kept their free account 2) a former seer/dev/GM who managed to keep their account or 3) someone who got an account from numbers 1 and 2. Either way said person obviously created their own private playground. If they had the ability to do that, they had the ability to make anything; any item. What that means to me is that any item count listed on any site is essentially useless - there's no way of knowing how many of any given item there are.
How did they not look into this before it fell? There aren't that many idocs, how long would it take a dev to peak inside them for 30 secs?

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You’re assuming that I would sell it.

But for the sake of argument; if I did sell it, how does that negatively affect other players? If anything it would make myself and the seller happy while having no ill effect on other players. Should we just delete all rare items since someone could theoretically sell them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did they not look into this before it fell? There aren't that many idocs, how long would it take a dev to peak inside them for 30 secs?
There were hundreds of IDOCs in the last 2 days. The Idocers were up many hours recently.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But for the sake of argument; if I did sell it, how does that negatively affect other players? If anything it would make myself and the seller happy while having no ill effect on other players. Should we just delete all rare items since someone could theoretically sell them?
Others would sell it for many Plats if it is a one of a kind. Sorry you couldn't keep it but the game worked for a change!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There were hundreds of IDOCs in the last 2 days. The Idocers were up many hours recently.
They knew when they were falling. 30 seconds each x 200 IDOCs = 6000 seconds aka 100 minutes of time inspecting them. 2 hours could have saved them the trouble of letting loads of illegal items into the game.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sheesh, stop dancing around these comments. Over the years, there have been IGMs, Seers, EMs, etc... who were corrupted and when given the power to create items without being checked they kept, sold, or gave to friends. When caught, they are fired but sometimes these items are too many to be tracked down until things like this happens.

If you check for history on these items, there is no history because they weren't supposed to exist to begin with.

To complicate things, there are also items when setting up events EMs forgot to lock them down and people looted them. For the past few years, they have been static so not as easy. Mesanna has done a good job as best as she could preventing these things from happening but there are lots out there and hidden in bank boxes and private storage containers and accounts.

DeBruce

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
no, those lanterns were placed in boxes also the cards so its fine that they got deleted. i knew the owner and he had not the best reputation. good that all the crap got deleted ! but funny how greedy some ppl are when it comes to such idocs, coming with noob chars and then spamming on all shards when they got killed. nobody wants to train toons but all want stuff. terrible !
cry me a River... :eek::grin::troll:

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well no, I was speaking generally. You asked specifically "What advantage does having a non-functional pedestal with crystal give me?", and I pointed out that it gives one a potential monetary advantage. I was just answering your question.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
To be clear -

Lamp posts, holes, cards, and fire and poison fields were all able to be 'stuck' in boxes. That pedestal seems unique and not from any known event though right Solus?

If anything got away with anything fancy, send me a PM

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They knew when they were falling. 30 seconds each x 200 IDOCs = 6000 seconds aka 100 minutes of time inspecting them. 2 hours could have saved them the trouble of letting loads of illegal items into the game.
Who was going to check these? The IDOCs were going on all day and night for 2 days. The GMs are busy answering stupid questions or going to players who had stuff stuck in a box. The game mechanics did its job and got rid of the items. Why waste time when the items were deleted automatically.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who was going to check these? The IDOCs were going on all day and night for 2 days. The GMs are busy answering stupid questions or going to players who had stuff stuck in a box. The game mechanics did its job and got rid of the items. Why waste time when the items were deleted automatically.
The fact that a gm said there was a directive from Mesanna to delete items show that she knew they existed. Why let them exist for one player but not others who legally obtained them during an IDOC?
And again, the GM said they had to confiscate. So that doesn’t look like automatic deletion to me.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fact that a gm said there was a directive from Mesanna to delete items show that she knew they existed
lol? We have absolutely no idea who may have paged before or when the GM's/Mesanna actually found out.