Patch and Login Servers KO'd!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Down fo da count!

*slap* 1
*slap* 2

:gee:

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Good lord, maybe the problem is bigger than just EA, I can't connect to ImageShack either... I know it isn't on my end because my traceroute shows my ISP's network is fine...

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Then it is probably some intermediate router either out or saturated with higher priority traffic.

The more people that are not experiencing the issue the closer it is to your ISP.

The more people that are experiencing the issue the closer it is to UO.

The above is just a generalization that might help to indicate a proximity for the failure.

Based on the assumption that the closer one gets to the UO portal, the more likely it is for the many to hit the same router(s).

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Well the odd thing is, I am able to trace to the game servers. I'll try a reboot and see if that helps... see you on the sunny side... ;)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Well the odd thing is, I am able to trace to the game servers. I'll try a reboot and see if that helps... see you on the sunny side... ;)
Ah but the Login server is probably (I think most certainly) not directly associated with the game servers. I would think the Login server(s) would be more closely associated with the Billing Computers than the Game Computers.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
The traceroute gets out of the ALTER.NET network and dies, and if my memory serves me correctly, the next step for me after the ALTER.NET network is EA... and a reboot didn't help... :(

edit: Ya, at least on the game servers the next step after ALTER.NET is EA... And a reboot didn't help, as I suspected it wouldn't...

Hmmm, maybe I got IP banned? *looks worried*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
Very odd, contacted my ISP and they don't have any issues that they know of, I am also unable to connect to uo.com, but no one else that I know of seems to be having this problem...