• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(partial)Solution to IDOC Loot Scripting

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
REAL solutions with minimal effort required to achieve(pretends Mesanna will read this, she won't)

#1 - REMOVE the house decay info from the house sign. The main idocers scan every house on every shard with scripts that look at the text on the house signs. Removing said text from the houses would break the idoc finding scripts, or at least how they work now.

#2 - When a house falls make pets stop responding. The mechanics of this are simple. The area knows when you cannot place, make it so packies cannot follow or take commands when in that area. This would stop 1 person from using 5 accounts each with 5 packhorses from walking off with all the chests. Besides, when a house goes poof the packies should be frightened.

#3 - Actually ban the owners of the websites who record all the idoc data with their bot "finders". (won't happen)

I've said this stuff before, nothing changed, nothing will change. Non-scriptors don't stand a chance right now because an 18x18 full lasts about 6 seconds and the "good" items are gone in about 1 second.

Make sure you bank your valuables before you quit.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Maybe I should not say anything, but looks like an easy fix, if they wanted to fix it:
I> Make ALL items go on the Grubbers, and make the Grubbers really hard, beyond paragon.
Like each of thr 5-10 Grubbers NOT run away, but aggro everyone there, spawn with super stats, and have 25K HPS, Wres of 120, Stam 140, Anat 50, Tact of 70, Magery 115, Eval 120, Poisoning with Poison breath AOE. Or something like that. When 2-5 of these spawn there, they will kill all the packies, all the scripters, 1 slot beetles, etc, and all toons not ready to take the heat. Then people will need to get together COOPERATE to kill these super Grubs, and get looting rights if they are there and participate. Some more some less.
All they have to do is boost the Grubbers, make them aggressive, and make a fight of this. Will this help only the very rich? Doubt it, since everyone there will have a loot chance, just need to be there. The Grubbers should be really hard to kill, need multiple players, but be killable. Perhaps just a little easier than Osiredon or Soulbringer. Make a mini (or Maxi) event out of the IDOC, and auto-announce it on gen chat with location stats, and/or even a MOONGATE at Luna Bank that will take you there!

II> Other even simpler 1 hit solution was mentioned 4-5 times already : Dont show the status in the sign. Easy peasy. But this will lead to ITEMS BEING ABSOLUTELY LOST forever. I don't know how the Devs would like this.

But these will NOT happen. Due to Dev's liking the status quo. PLUS this will cater to the few people who do IDOCS. The Devs are TOO FEW and too busy with present irons on fire to mess with IDOC mechanics. May never have any time to mess with it..

I personally like the first option. Looks more fun, plus I get a chance to get some grey robes for my collection.

The time to code the second option, likely 20 minutes.
The time to code and test the first one, probably 45 minutes. They can use the pet editor to alter certain location-specific spawning pets stats.

They can try these as a fun experiment in TC1 first. BUT no way anything will happen.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe I should not say anything, but looks like an easy fix, if they wanted to fix it:
I> Make ALL items go on the Grubbers, and make the Grubbers really hard, beyond paragon.
Like each of thr 5-10 Grubbers NOT run away, but aggro everyone there, spawn with super stats, and have 25K HPS, Wres of 120, Stam 140, Anat 50, Tact of 70, Magery 115, Eval 120, Poisoning with Poison breath AOE. Or something like that. When 2-5 of these spawn there, they will kill all the packies, all the scripters, 1 slot beetles, etc, and all toons not ready to take the heat. Then people will need to get together COOPERATE to kill these super Grubs, and get looting rights if they are there and participate. Some more some less.
All they have to do is boost the Grubbers, make them aggressive, and make a fight of this. Will this help only the very rich? Doubt it, since everyone there will have a loot chance, just need to be there. The Grubbers should be really hard to kill, need multiple players, but be killable. Perhaps just a little easier than Osiredon or Soulbringer. Make a mini (or Maxi) event out of the IDOC, and auto-announce it on gen chat with location stats, and/or even a MOONGATE at Luna Bank that will take you there!

II> Other even simpler 1 hit solution was mentioned 4-5 times already : Dont show the status in the sign. Easy peasy. But this will lead to ITEMS BEING ABSOLUTELY LOST forever. I don't know how the Devs would like this.

But these will NOT happen. Due to Dev's liking the status quo. PLUS this will cater to the few people who do IDOCS. The Devs are TOO FEW and too busy with present irons on fire to mess with IDOC mechanics. May never have any time to mess with it..

I personally like the first option. Looks more fun, plus I get a chance to get some grey robes for my collection.

The time to code and test the first one, probably 45 minutes. They can use the pet editor to alter certain location-specific spawning pets stats.

They can try these as a fun experiment in TC1 first. BUT no way anything will happen.
Sounds way more fun than picking **** up off the ground.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Not a terrible idea... certainly wouldn't be scripting that... unless they multibox it with a bunch of gargish tamer throwers with trained blue beetles.. dunno

Atlantic Ninja

Adventurer
Since Polaris mentioned me...yes, most of what he said is pretty accurate. I was brought into that group to do shard transfers for them and saw their techniques and the website he mentioned firsthand.

They were doing 10+ idoc’s per day pretty reliably for months, and definitely knew all the times perfectly, because they’d invite me to the handful I went to just minutes before the house fell. There were actually two groups back then that were rivals, but at some point after I left I heard they combined into one larger group to make it more profitable for both.

Having talked with the group leader extensively about his plans while I was in it...I don’t really think his intentions were bad though. A lot of the plans involved releasing all of the tools and website access to the general public in various ways to level the playing field for everyone once the group perfected the technology. It was even opened to the public as planned at one point, but didn’t end up working out on a large scale like that.
As someone who may or may not of been in such a group, let me tell you the rumors of how "we made so much money" are HIGHLY exaggerated.

If I was in such a group I maybe made around 400m a month if I was lucky. I'm sure there would be other members who made more, but honestly 90% of said loot is GARBAGE. You would not believe what some people hang on to (including myself).

For me and a majority of the people it was more about community than loot/money, allegedly if I was a said member of group.

We did from time to time find great loot, but none of us scripted looting, or at least if I was a part of a group I didn't. Just click drag drop as fast as you can. The only advantage was as stated, there was a website where IDOCs were shared, and times when it might fall were posted.

Honestly, if I was in such a group, it was some of the best times I had on UO, spending time with people in game and chatting with a lot of them about everyday stuff was great. I miss it a lot. However, if a group existed it was disbanded, and I have no clue if another one exists, but I'm not a part of it anymore.

I still show up at some of the IDOCs now, just hang out for a bit but honestly I'm just waiting for the new t-map content. I'm hoping that it brings some new life to the game. There is many ways to beat the scriptors/idoc legends all the time. Many a time I would beat them to placing houses, or picking up loot WITHOUT any type of scripts. So complaining about them is because you're just not getting anything good, but again that's 90% of the IDOCs out there. It's so funny how people expect these IDOCs to be filled with rares and money. If your house doesn't have these things, why would the IDOCs? I do agree with the timer, lower the time.

More community events would be nice. I miss the weekly auctions, and such. Everyone seems to do their own thing now. Maybe it's because I play maybe an hour a day. Would be nice if someone or a group brought some more community back to the game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree it would be nice to have more of a community in the game but it seems all driven by greed now an no one wants to "share" anything or do much as a group.