• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paris !

P

Polly

If you haven't been to Paris yet, then you really should check it out. Its a couple of sims put together to lovingly recreate the city of Paris, complete with information signs you can click on that explain the history of some of the historical landmarks.

Check out the museum, sit back and watch the world go by at one of the street cafes, do a little ice skating on a cute little ice rink or you can stroll up the Champs-Élysées and of course as you'd expect in Paris you can shop. There is no flying anywhere, so you have to take the time to walk around, I loved the cobbled streets.

The Eifel Tower is amazingly recreated, textures are fabulous and the best part is that you can take a lift to the top, pick up a free chute and paraglide to the ground. I did it over and over, managed to crash land several times as I tried to take pics half way down !!

Another historical landmark is the Arc De Triomphe, complete with the tomb of the unknown soldier underneath. As with the real one, you can walk up to the top (with this one, you tp halfway). Inside there are pictures of the real Arc in the early 1900s.

It was much easier climbing to the top in the virtual Arc - the real one is many 1000s of steps, in a tiny enclosed passageway and is definitely not the faint hearted. The views when you get to the top are well worth it.

The whole place was put together by a french designer and it really shows, it spectacular and well worth a visit. The sad part is that due to tier increases, it is scheduled to be disbanded on 15th November, such an incredible shame, I really hope that someone steps in and saves it.

You can just about see me here on the first stage - look for the blonde hair !

The texture of the tower is very well down

The gardens replicate the real ones all around the tower bases

Way, way up in the clouds you reach the top

And then you walk off the edge *gulp*

I crash landed the second time - oops

Hmmm, I don't want to jump off ...

And the third time !

Finally ......

As you can see, it might be advisable to not wear a skirt !

P

Polly

Part deux ...

Arc De Triomphe

The tomb of the unknown solder is really nicely done and SO much like the real one. I felt like I should be laying a poppy wreath

Inside there are pictures from the early 1900s showing the real thing

And when you get to the top you can take a zip line back to the ground, although I couldn't get it to work. I'm going back tomorrow to try again ;p

Go check this place out, it really is awesome.

Polly

I had a slurl all ready but lost it, I'll come back and edit it in tomorrow, but just do a map search for Paris and then select Paris1900s and you're all set.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Polly that looks great, I will definitly be checking that out!

F

Flippers

Hey Polly what is the exact name of the sim in search or map? I went to a Paris which was different with a different Eiffel tower. I heard there was a "Paris 1900" though.

K

Katheryne

Wow! I hate to think about the prim count of that Eiffel Tower! That looks incredibly amazing!

J

Jimoh

Thanks for the info Polly, and the guided tour. You're right it was an amazing sim to visit. Jumping from the tower is amazing, actually gives you the *gasp* at first when you go, but then you want to do it again. Hope they can get the zip line working before they have to tear it all down.

The work they put into the entire site is to be seen. They really put a lot of work and effort to make it look realistic.

P

Polly

You're very welcome Jim, I enjoyed it.

I'm definitely going back again, I just hope it will still be there ....

/me cries

Polly

J

Jimoh

hope you see this and get back there fast, i heard today that they are taking it down tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th. don't know if it's official. and i agree it's a shame they have to do it, so much work to make it and now have to take it down.

fengzi597

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I want to go to Paris.But i have got no money.orz!OK,i will visit it next time in my second life!