• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pally Help

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a sampire already and was looking (a while back) to try a macing pally build. Since powerscrolls are hugely expensive now, I want to plan this out before doing anything more.

I am currently:

117.4/120 Macing
120 Chiv
100/120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
85 Healing
85 Parry

I am not sure if I want to go with a pure pally and stone off bushido and take the rest to 120 or go a different route. I have even thought about a pally/t-hunter hybrid if nothing else really seems like something to do. I am bored and want to work on a project character so I would love some help.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Macer/Paladin easily solos the Paragon LLs, no Bushido whatsoever.
120 Macing
120 Chiv
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Healing
GM Parry
80 Resist

With 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Maul+Undead Slayer Cameo+100% DI, i hit the 300% damage cap against Undead, and i'll spam Double Strike on them while keeping them under the effects of Stagger. I keep Toughness up against them as well, so i'm at 177 Health, and almost never drop below 100 Health against them. I hit them so hard (140 a hit, so 280 a DS) that i can chain DS while maintaining Toughness, and still keep my Mana maxed on them due to HML.
This was from a fairly recent thread on during the Deceit Halloween event. You are really close to this already.

The Mace Mastery is reportedly excellent for pvm.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Problem with macing is that the specials for one-handed weapons are not good. If you are a pure pally, you will hold a shield and be dependent on one-handed weapons.

Here is where swords shine, as you can get FWW or whirlwind on one-handers easily (wakashi and radiant scimitar) or by buying an expensive bladed whip recipe. Also swords got one-handed weapons for double strike (scimitar and wakashi) whereas there is none for macing or fencing which you can hold with a shield. You can get a barbed whip for macing, which is one-handed and got whirlwind, but the one for fencing (spiked whip) got a much better special combo (armor pierce + whirlwind). However, you need to be really lucky to get the recipes from krampus, or have a lot of gold to buy from players.

EDIT: OK, there is a one-handed double strike weapon for macing, which wasn't listed on uoguide in the double strike section. However, the problem with whirlwind still persists. So you need to go for an expensive barbed whip recipe or, alternatively, try to get a UBWS radiant scimitar.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have a sampire that uses swords. This character is one that was made when I forst started UO in 2000. I then started converting him to a paladin when Chivalry was first introduced and he once again sat long forgotten. I had started updating him back in 2015 and then he sat again. I know swords is best followed by fencing but I have always liked my macer. I think I owe it to him to keep macing lol. I know it isn't ideal but I just want to do something a little different.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
If you are looking for something different change bushido for ninja. Mirror Image at 120 Ninja is very nice coupled with stagger.