• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can a Gargoyle solo Bosses?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guy I met this evening asked me a question that is a bit out of my wheelhouse, as my only experience with a Garg is my Mystic/Mage. I told him I would ask you guys since most of you are lightyears ahead of me in UO knowledge. If anyone can help him out, we'd both appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Here was his question:

"If you could ask them, specifically, the correct Gargoyle template to bring a boss down solo....and what armor and imbuing properties are specifically needed to make the template/imbuing properties and extra items to compliment what is lacking in the imbuing; I know it's a lot to ask but, if you could, that would be a huge help for me."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have one on LS that solos the paras in Deceit. If they can solo a mob in high speed they could solo many things. I do not know his build but he is a thrower and does not make RCs.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We have one on LS that solos the paras in Deceit. If they can solo a mob in high speed they could solo many things. I do not know his build but he is a thrower and does not make RCs.
Only thing I have seen solo the para LL's is folks with Bushido and likely 120 parry. I know I keep seeing evade over their head. Does Bush work with throwing though...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only thing I have seen solo the para LL's is folks with Bushido and likely 120 parry. I know I keep seeing evade over their head. Does Bush work with throwing though...
I was wrong he is on so I asked. He just looks like he is throwing when flying.
He got me a complete garg stone suit.

1602998218785.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Macer/Paladin easily solos the Paragon LLs, no Bushido whatsoever.
120 Macing
120 Chiv
GM Tact
GM Anat
GM Healing
GM Parry
80 Resist

With 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Maul+Undead Slayer Cameo+100% DI, i hit the 300% damage cap against Undead, and i'll spam Double Strike on them while keeping them under the effects of Stagger. I keep Toughness up against them as well, so i'm at 177 Health, and almost never drop below 100 Health against them. I hit them so hard (140 a hit, so 280 a DS) that i can chain DS while maintaining Toughness, and still keep my Mana maxed on them due to HML.

Last edited:

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Been working on getting my sampire on Origin rewards in deceit.
120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
100 Resist
60 Parry
I have double undead slayer axe and elemental slayer axe. So I have to honor, which isn't to hard.
I pop evade at start then spam confidence every few seconds.
No healing No Chiv , the damage output of onslaught / double strike takes them down fast.
Once in a while gotta run kill a mob to leech life.