over 950 pieces of candy

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
B

Bouche835

I stopped counting when I reached 950. Do I have to turn in each piece of candy at a time or can I turn 328 candy apples and receive 16,400 points in tickets or will it just get me 50 for all because I didn't turn 1 in at a time?

Z

Zodiac19

If it's like anything else one at a time. But I would test trying just two, to see if it works but I doubt it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
My chair
2,000 pieces of candy + 50 points = 100,000 reward points
Just thinking about that makes my hand hurt LOL

E

Evilminion

Heehee! But just thinking about that makes me wish I had 2,000 candy apples as well... that's a piece of sorcerer armor, right there!

E

El Phantasmo

Dev's, please allow for the candy to be turned in odd numbered stacks. Instead of the 1-10-100 stacks the Ophid rations are.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Germany
should count properly any stacked items - eggs, grobus furs, rations, candies etc.
What are computers good for if not for clearing such tedious stuff?

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
did they ever fix the gobur fur? cuz last i knew it was supost to be in 10's but only counted the whole stack as one

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
Just out of curiosity, why do you even have that much candy? I can understand the rations and such since they were supposed to have a purpose but why collect all of that candy. I Kept maybe 2 of each kind for decoration purposes.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 27, 2004
Germany
Just out of curiosity, why do you even have that much candy? I can understand the rations and such since they were supposed to have a purpose but why collect all of that candy. I Kept maybe 2 of each kind for decoration purposes.
Lets say they were only a few different, are stackable and had no real other use.
So if you had a stack of 2 or 2000 didn't matter that much.

(Why have people 60k stacks of cooked fish steaks anyway?)
*Salute*
Olahorand

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
Well i can understand fish steaks since they will be consumed eventually but i just don't see the point of storing that much candy. I don't remember them having any kind of effect when consumed so i just don't see the point of keeping that much. It's good that they offered turn-ins but it's scary to think of whats in people's chests just sitting there.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 21, 2006
Atlantic
I would probably have many thousands of pieces of candy if I hadn't thrown out all the different colored versions of the rock candy. Ended up with a lot while trying to get the special items (still never got any Harvest Wine) and didn't feel like wasting the lockdowns for 819283498 different colors, so I just picked my favorite color and only kept that.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Well i can understand fish steaks since they will be consumed eventually but i just don't see the point of storing that much candy. I don't remember them having any kind of effect when consumed so i just don't see the point of keeping that much. It's good that they offered turn-ins but it's scary to think of whats in people's chests just sitting there.
I keep any item that is offered for a limited time and if it stacks I collect as much as possible. I decorate and will use weird items to decorate with. Now, stacked items you might as well keep as many as you want if you're going to bother to keep one of them - it might be a pain to haul them around those rare times you move house or move things around but the payoff is odd events like this one.

People tend to hoard things if they know they will only be offered for a short period of time anyways. Probably because just about everyone in UO has gotten burned at least once from tossing an item then needing it later. :p

S

Sunrise

OO fish where? :D

hehe bring on that armor..I have that much candy.

Sarsmi I could not agree more. You are so right. The pay off is finally worth holding onto to this stuff for so long. Now here is a question for you. Who are we giving this stuff too really? From thy role playing position is all :D

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
OO fish where? :D

hehe bring on that armor..I have that much candy.

Sarsmi I could not agree more. You are so right. The pay off is finally worth holding onto to this stuff for so long. Now here is a question for you. Who are we giving this stuff too really? From thy role playing position is all :D
I'm an evil witch who likes to promote tooth decay in UO's non existant children. Ok just kidding on that one...

I did get pretty tired of angering animals I was trying to tame. I found out that cu's like licorice and dragons like caramel apples. Unfortunately they like them served with the caramel all melty. *sucks on singed fingers* rolleyes:

M

Muu Bin

Cogniac,
Which shard are you on? I have some extra Harvest Wines if you would like one (or trade for a Creepy Cake which I am still missing).

Also, I have thousands of Halloween candy and would really like to think that the Dev Team can put their programming skills to use and allow us to donate in stacks instead of singles. It would bite if we have to do it one at a time! :flame:

B

Bouche835

The reason I have so much is because my friend gave me his tower and they were in there. I only collected by myself like 20 pieces.