• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OUR CURRENT ARMOR/WEAPON/JEWELRY MARKET

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL who knew......I have been throwing any antique stuff like the picture the OP posted out every time. I still only keep clean Items with no negatives, occasionally a brittle piece but never prized antique or cursed or negative luck. How long does a antique item last on a highly active player?
Antiques lose durability based on how long you're in combat. An antique to a pvper will last a lot longer than a pvmer. If you take care of it and repair it before it hits 0 it will last a long time.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quite a while actually, had a piece on Siege that was used constantly (Siege Blessed) that is still at half durability sfter 2 years
Ouch, been throwing it out...missed on some good monies I guess. I used a antique gorget piece during the sorcerer's dungeon event it was gone in two days.. sounds like you have had better luck.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Certain items do last longer (jewelry), especially for mages and Tamers (less direct damage) but if you are a dexxer certain items will break quickly (chest piece, gorget) in my experience.

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That was my original point which has changed to something like "there's other ways to handle a broken market"

Which this market is indeed, broken.

The same could be said the other way around. Global loot was implemented, whose to say that it's right or wrong? Whose to say that the higher end items aren't dropping enough? Not 1 person complained about the market back then or the items or where the items were coming from - that was the market then... Now in this market, I'm complaining and I'm posting about it and I'm sure there are other people out there who don't like the current state of the market.

How about you, are you happy with the market? Didn't you say you're not even playing now? How is it possible that someone who doesn't play has an opinion on what the armor/weapon/jewelry market should/shouldn't be? If you're not even playing then you really have no idea where this is coming from.

The market got changed drastically from a rich, high-end "get what you need" market to now low end. So basically all the "good times" are done with, the rich got their armor (and they won't be selling it) and new/returning players will be running around trying to compete in PVP with people whose gear is virtually unobtainable.

The armor/weapon/jewelry market is player-driven - meaning the less people in your community the smaller your market is going to be.

We had cheaters simulate a rich market that would reflect a much larger community.

These items weren't hacked into the game, they were dropped by monsters killed by people who were multi-boxing. So what I'm getting at is maybe the high-end loot needs to drop more now.

Your problem is assumption buddy you think you got me figured out from a couple lines of text on a forum you must not know how the internet works. You don't know me and you have no idea what my motivation is. My number one reason for posting on this forum first and always will be to help the community.

The market for armor/weapons/jewelry is dead and that's not going to help anyone. I'll do what you do and assume.... maybe you don't care about it cause you don't leave Trammel or you sit at Luna Bank all day and have less of a need for high end loot because you don't have anyone to compete with. From an actual PVPers pov, I'm saying that because of the huge market change there's people running around with unobtainable gear which then causes things like an imbalance in PVP.

For the record I do PVP and I'm doing it across multiple shards.

I said in one of my previous posts that cheating is no way to fix anything and that it was a bad idea. The point to this thread was to address the market and try to find a way to fix it. My original post kinda reflects that.
I totally agree you the game is pretty unblanced at the moment pvp wise .
Since the only way to get uber gear with 10 mods is paying some traders with real cash because they do not drop in game anymore....
It would be easy to balance it only if they added better items at the vvv npc ( with the points) for instance instead of getting **** items like potions and crismon.... and it would make the towns more active because nobody does it anymore.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
By chance did it ever occurred to you that those pieces were not suppose to be as prevalent as they are? Also I hope you realize that because they became so common it made crafted gear even less sought after
The big problem for all this unfortunately lies heavily on the dev team. It should have been noticed and taken care of long before now
Now, people only look for the highest end stuff because the market is flooded with decent items
The only thing it says is that people like you are too focused on on the "bad guy" but don't consider the the bigger picture. and that's the issue of us all
Best lines so far in this thread, whether you agree or not it speaks the truth :postcount:

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The multi boxers destroyed developer created content faster than it should off. So it does suck that the market is in a saturated position but it was due to the farming operations in the first place that we are in this position.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What if - EM events started dropping good gear that you could use instead of items to lock down at your house and look at.
I agree that PvP deserves some better content and new ideas, but this isn't one of them

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that PvP deserves some better content and new ideas, but this isn't one of them
Reason?

I'm not talking about content, I'm talking about items to wear in your suit used to compete in player vs. player combat.

Not something like unique artifacts, something like high-end randomly rolled legendary pack drops, where's the harm in this?

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
where's the harm in this?
Because it would kill a larger group in the process, the rare collectors. I understand you enjoy PvP and have nothing against that, however your solution needs to benefit your playstyle without killing another that would eventually in this case kill the game. Personally I would rather they split the EM Program in two, half would continue pumping great stories with quality rares while the other half would work on global event story arch's that would benefit the rest of the playerbase :thumbup:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because it would kill a larger group in the process, the rare collectors. I understand you enjoy PvP and have nothing against that, however your solution needs to benefit your playstyle without killing another that would eventually in this case kill the game. Personally I would rather they split the EM Program in two, half would continue pumping great stories with quality rares while the other half would work on global event story arch's that would benefit the rest of the playerbase :thumbup:
Oh no no no I wasn't say get rid of the rare collectors the majority of the people that go to these things are (no offense to) "trammies" im just saying throw like one event in a month to where usable pvp loot drops. Or hell do both together, have 5 collector pack drops and like 10-20 1 legendary pack drop per person

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to be one of those multi-boxers and I'm also farming now.

EDIT: I have a problem with the whole differences between multi-clienting and multi-boxing. Exactly what I did was control multiple characters to kill a monster so that increased loot would drop. That is all, call it cheating if you want to idc.
Exactly how did you control them?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly how did you control them?
Two screens, one screen in EC dedicated to my sampire/tank. I mainly control the fight with this character, sit on the same tile as the boss.

The other screen has 3 CC windows:
The other, 1 bard and 2 throwers
Switch to bard to discord, after that she sits with songs and does nothing except occasionally i'll switch to her to heal if needed
2 throwers swing automatically and need no control. I move them in once the sampire is tanking the boss and they sit there and get heals if needed.

Is that cheating? If so, I was a cheater.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two screens, one screen in EC dedicated to my sampire/tank. I mainly control the fight with this character, sit on the same tile as the boss.

Switch to bard to discord, after that she sits with songs and does nothing except occasionally i'll switch to her to heal if needed
2 throwers swing automatically and need no control. I move them in once the sampire is tanking the boss and they sit there and get heals if needed.

That's multi-clienting, not multi-boxing. as long as you are able to see both and aren't using an unapproved 3rd party program to control both at the same tine you are good to go

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Multi-boxing is 4-5-10 or more accounts all being controlled by an illegal 3rd party program all doing the same thing at the same time and what they're cracking down on.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's multi-clienting, not multi-boxing. as long as you are able to see both and aren't using an unapproved 3rd party program to control both at the same tine you are good to go
Honestly with all the changes I'm too afraid to even risk it. What if I miss a message from a GM on one of my screens ya know?

Thanks for the info though.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it is a risk, and I have heard that they ask you a couple of times then take your character to jail and wait a few minutes to see if you answer. but to be i honest i do not have any idea if it's true.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The actual reason for the decline in loot quality was them fixing Putrifier/Abcess. They were dropping Peerless grade loot every kill, which didn't take long. This loot was also perfectly in the sweet spot for no name legendaries that nothing else in the game seems to be able to hit. Good No name armor will be insanely rare from here forward multiboxxing or not. 1 Group farming abcess for a week would probably be the equivalent of a years worth of everyone else in the game farming the rest of the content, in terms of no name armor.

Personally I think the developers need to take a better look at their Loot system and tweak it to a split between Named Legendary armor and No Named Armor 50/50 roll, so things like Shadowguard will actually drop no named armor. Currently it looks like once you get past a certain fame level it just rolls 99% into named drops. Just that small of a change and you would start seeing elite pvp gear start popping up again slowly.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm apparently so out of touch, I don't understand what the point of this entire thread is about.
Just how the market has changed in the past 2 years.

It's my fault for the post title, I addressed a possible cause instead of the problem itself.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree you the game is pretty unblanced at the moment pvp wise .
Since the only way to get uber gear with 10 mods is paying some traders with real cash because they do not drop in game anymore...
Seems to me the only reason the game is unbalanced is because of the gear.. something people warned about before gear with stats & such was introduced.

Yet now people are complaining about gear again. Go figure.

Some times I'm really happy to be running around naked stealing from whiney little bishes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont understand the issue .....so if he/she multi clienting....thats opening 2-3 UO clients on the same screen but using/controlling each game/client window sepertly - thats all good.... nothing wrong with that.... continue doing so ...no devs gonna stop or ban or warn u for that....indeed i doubt they could even tell.......thats quite normal.... think most folks run 2 clients open... makes it easy for trading between accounts etc etc and having a healer tucked away during a fight .... but yes controlled like u would playing each one seperate ....getting tricky opening more than 2 or 3 but hell thats for folk that can multitask!!

the accounts being banned are the multiboxers!!! 5-10 accounts controlled by illegal 3 party program that controls all 5-10 accounts with the same command

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even I multi-client all the time... I do it when T-Hunting, I do it when training pets... I do it at meetings, and to RP... sometimes 2 or 4 characters are on doing things in RP... so yeah.... HUGE difference between that and Multiboxing. HUGE.

Reactions: THP

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont understand the issue .....so if he/she multi clienting....thats opening 2-3 UO clients on the same screen but using/controlling each game/client window sepertly - thats all good.... nothing wrong with that.... continue doing so ...no devs gonna stop or ban or warn u for that....indeed i doubt they could even tell.......thats quite normal.... think most folks run 2 clients open... makes it easy for trading between accounts etc etc and having a healer tucked away during a fight .... but yes controlled like u would playing each one seperate ....getting tricky opening more than 2 or 3 but hell thats for folk that can multitask!!

the accounts being banned are the multiboxers!!! 5-10 accounts controlled by illegal 3 party program that controls all 5-10 accounts with the same command
Honestly, it's a total pain in the *** running multiple clients. Normally I just res pets, do trades between accounts, or use one of my tamers to tank when training them up on another account.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The actual reason for the decline in loot quality was them fixing Putrifier/Abcess. They were dropping Peerless grade loot every kill, which didn't take long. This loot was also perfectly in the sweet spot for no name legendaries that nothing else in the game seems to be able to hit. Good No name armor will be insanely rare from here forward multiboxxing or not. 1 Group farming abcess for a week would probably be the equivalent of a years worth of everyone else in the game farming the rest of the content, in terms of no name armor.

Personally I think the developers need to take a better look at their Loot system and tweak it to a split between Named Legendary armor and No Named Armor 50/50 roll, so things like Shadowguard will actually drop no named armor. Currently it looks like once you get past a certain fame level it just rolls 99% into named drops. Just that small of a change and you would start seeing elite pvp gear start popping up again slowly.
Yep, i knew someone that was multi-boxing 6+ accounts to AI down Putrifier/Abscess in Fel while wearing a high Luck suit, in order to farm insane Legendaries. This is where the crazy Legendary Woodland gear was coming from.

If only there was a way to get Legendary Samurai Empire gear worth a damn.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Go read post #19 here is his quote I used to be one of those multi-boxers and I'm also farming now.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Video Published on Sep 17, 2013

This is back when all I brought was a bard and a sampire.

This is the content that I farmed all day/night to fill my "supply."

After global loot was launched I kicked it up with 2 more clients (throwers) that could easily get loot rights with little to no effort.

I guess if you have trouble understanding how easy it is to use multiple clients to farm end-game content, then maybe you should learn to play better.

:drama: from our resident :troll:

"MULTI BOXING" in the "REAL WORLD" means: Multi-boxing - Wikipedia
As you can see in the wiki it can be both user controlled or with tools to help control the multiple clients.

So the definition of multiboxing in the "REAL WORLD" has been redefined in this community to only mean "controlled by using tools."

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Video Published on Sep 17, 2013
This is back when all I brought was a bard and a samphire.
This is the content that I farmed all day/night to fill my "supply."
After global loot was launched I kicked it up with 2 more clients (throwers) that could easily get loot rights with little to no effort.
I guess if you have trouble understanding how easy it is to use multiple clients to farm end-game content, then maybe you should learn to play better.

Lol well done, you just managed to capture all 3 of my pet hates right there in 1 video.

Trammel, EC and Sampires.

Does no-one else find that video completely horrific in terms of gameplay?

Just everything is wrong with that, on every single level.

(And I don't even give a monkeys about the multi-clienting lol).
((Although you wouldn't do that so easily in Felucca)).

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the same thing with harrowers though
That was easier because you have an entire guild working together.
Yep, I know you can.

You can multi-client in Felucca just the same as Trammel, but in Felucca, there is a chance for the players themselves to stop it happening if they have an issue with it. So the way I see it, a. you are paying for 2 accounts and playing them, so whilst you may be able to do content easier than a solo player could, you are also taking a risk, and something could be done about it if necessary.

I've raided spawns where someone is multi-clienting, and they have to make a choice as to which character they save, and which dies.

If you get the game at a quiet time where no-one picks up on you, fine.

For me, it is the fact player justice is physically able to intervene and you would be taking that risk, hence it is all ok.

In Trammel, it is a far more grey area, because everything is just risk free in this sense. If a player had a problem with your activity, he could not do anything about it.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Trammel, it is a far more grey area, because everything is just risk free in this sense. If a player had a problem with your activity, he could not do anything about it.
Well, they can do something about it that's for sure... let me explain a bit more about that video.

So the video was taken really early, no one knew how to do the encounter efficiently - until others started showing up and watching what we were doing.

During the morning/mid-day I would farm the content by myself because frankly there was just no one else on. During the afternoon/evening, our enemy guild would show up. Then the harassment started in gen chat "go farm keys so we can jump in on your encounter" which never really bothered me, the more people the more loot when the corpse goes public. Then they inspected my characters to see what weapons I was using, they learned from it, and ultimately led them to start farming it themselves.

Had this been in Felucca, they'd just be dead. Instead knowledge was spread which led to more people farming the encounter.

So my point is, they can do something about it - they can join in regardless of what I want and have no fear of dieing. Isn't that what Trammel is for though? A place for individuals to share content instead of fight over it? If the encounter is hard and I'm tanking it then they basically get a free ride.

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, they can do something about it that's for sure... let me explain a bit more about that video.

So the video was taken really early, no one knew how to do the encounter efficiently - until others started showing up and watching what we were doing.

During the morning/mid-day I would farm the content by myself because frankly there was just no one else on. During the afternoon/evening, our enemy guild would show up. Then the harassment started in gen chat "go farm keys so we can jump in on your encounter" which never really bothered me, the more people the more loot when the corpse goes public. Then they inspected my characters to see what weapons I was using, they learned from it, and ultimately led them to start farming it themselves.

Had this been in Felucca, they'd just be dead. Instead knowledge was spread which led to more people farming the encounter.

So my point is, they can do something about it - they can join in regardless of what I want and have no fear of dieing. Can they stop me? If they out-damaged me to a point where I got no loot.

I'm not actually here to have a go in any way at all - I'm not that fussed. As far as I am concerned, you can multi-box, multi-client, script. whatever, if you can get away with it in Felucca.

The problem with any of this in Trammel, is it is just adding risk free loot into the system, in quantities that the system was not designed for. It breaks the system too fast.
To expect the Devs to be able to monitor or fix this sort of ingame action is too much, but the players themselves can solve it (or benefit from it) in the correct system.

To that end, your justification, of doing this in Trammel, is extremely weak to non existent. Because you multi-client, others were able to learn, lol, like players cannot learn how to do content themselves without multi-clienters? Multi-clienters are the heroes we've all been looking for, they teach Trammies how to do stuff, and get them endless high end loot - you see how weak that is?

Like I said, on one level I'm not bothered, on another level, fix the godamn broken system already.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To that end, your justification, of doing this in Trammel, is extremely weak to non existent. Because you multi-client, others were able to learn, lol, like players cannot learn how to do content themselves without multi-clienters? Multi-clienters are the heroes we've all been looking for, they teach Trammies how to do stuff, and get them endless high end loot - you see how weak that is?
In a word, yes I don't know what the "Trammies" are like where you play, but on LS at least, I've been very...vocal about how inefficient they are. Last Tuesday, I was running Doom with a couple guildmates (for quite a while), when a CRAPLOAD of tamers came down. Knowing what would happen as a result, we ended up letting them do their own thing (For whatever reason, all of the "Trammies" on LS play a tamer for EVERYTHING) and did some fighting at a spawn. When we came back, they were still on the same 3 Dark Fathers. It had been maybe close to 20 minutes at that point.

In the past, and even during that Doom session, I have TRIED to teach the Trammies on LS how to do things efficiently. But they refuse to listen: When Zipactriotl was new, I ended up doing a couple runs with them and told them to do ONE THING: Heal my Sampire, because it's all you need to do to get loot rights. What actually happened: People didn't listen, used various spells on Zippy (i.e. Flamestrike), causing him to pull them in, re-target, and wander around with his blue flame AoE, getting me killed multiple times...which were all deaths that could have been avoided.

Even without the multi-clienting argument, which would you prefer? A small group of people that know what they're doing (and may or may not be multi-clienting), or a large group of Trammies who essentially have a "we don't care" attitude when someone more familiar with an encounter wants to help them learn how to do it efficiently?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not the point I was trying to make at all...

TBH I'm finding it hard to understand where you're going with all this...

"Multi-clienting is OK if you do it in Fel so I can kill you" if this is your point I can't agree with it.

This entire thread was intended to address the market which I can see I failed miserably at.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol well done, you just managed to capture all 3 of my pet hates right there in 1 video.

Trammel, EC and Sampires.

Does no-one else find that video completely horrific in terms of gameplay?

Just everything is wrong with that, on every single level.

(And I don't even give a monkeys about the multi-clienting lol).
((Although you wouldn't do that so easily in Felucca)).
the only thing wrong is here is your post sorry.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, I know you can.

You can multi-client in Felucca just the same as Trammel, but in Felucca, there is a chance for the players themselves to stop it happening if they have an issue with it. So the way I see it, a. you are paying for 2 accounts and playing them, so whilst you may be able to do content easier than a solo player could, you are also taking a risk, and something could be done about it if necessary.

I've raided spawns where someone is multi-clienting, and they have to make a choice as to which character they save, and which dies.

If you get the game at a quiet time where no-one picks up on you, fine.

For me, it is the fact player justice is physically able to intervene and you would be taking that risk, hence it is all ok.

oh another one of those brave pvp guys who feel great when they raid a trammie at a spawn.
iam not surprised lol, a multibotter/scripter with a good script would just simply target you and blow you out of the solar system before you know what happed... lol

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

"Multi-clienting is OK if you do it in Fel so I can kill you" if this is your point I can't agree with it.

This entire thread was intended to address the market which I can see I failed miserably at.
just leave it. it makes no sense to go on with this discussion.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, to try and explain better, I wasn't even trying to cause an issue.
Finley Grant isn't worth talking to, to be fair, he only cares about 1 thing - gold, and he will quite happily destroy the entire game for everyone to achieve his one mission.

You on the other hand, I didn't have an issue with, you said your bit well enough.

To try and explain my logic;

• I am saying that I don't have a problem with multi-clienting in the first instance.
  • Then I am saying - however, in a Trammel setting, with no risk, and endless farming potential, this speeds up the destruction of the entire gaming system for both Trammel and Felucca.
  • The market has got out of control, and broken the whole crafting system as a result. It has also caused major inbalance issues between classes, and so many other knock-on effects.
  • The Devs were right to step in and try and do something about it - although I think they have only put a Band-aid on the problem, not properly fixed it.
  • I think it is unfair/unreasonable/impossible for the Devs to have to fix Multi-Boxing/Multi-Clienting/Scripting - it is beyond their powers - and not how they should be spending their time, we would rather they fixed bugs, or added more cool content.
  • One thing I think Finley Grant is correct on - right or wrong, if something is possible, it will be done.
  • So fix the entire system of Trammel that allows this to happen in the first place.
  • Bring it all into Felucca, and you can do it to your hearts content, for as long as you physically can.
  • If any player has an issue with it, they can do something about it, which makes it a non issue in terms of complaining outside of the game, player justice can be contained within game as to whether you continue multi-clienting or not.

Your issue of the market, is so much bigger than just multi-clienting - is what I am saying.
The system itself is broken and needs fixing, is what I have been saying, I don't give a monkeys about a piddly bit of multi-clienting.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(For whatever reason, all of the "Trammies" on LS play a tamer for EVERYTHING)
Yes we do! :cheerleader:

Be glad we cant bumble around in Fel and do raids!

I was there. It was loads of fun. We started with a full party and everybody was running around and DFs were all over the place. There were ghosts and dead pets all over the place. When our size dwindled to 4, we got organized and were able to kill all 3 DFs.

Nobody got a drop. I just got 7 DF Blood, some got none.

They did it again Thursday and only took non area pets and they did it from start to finish in 40 Mins.:thumbsup: And again, nobody got a drop.

We dont need no stinking Sampires! :thumbdown: