• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OUR CURRENT ARMOR/WEAPON/JEWELRY MARKET

North_LS

Journeyman
The Gear Is just a symptom of the larger issues.

I am not shocked you are ok with the state of the game. There are a lot of people who just don't care.
The economy as a whole with its massive inflation is an obvious issue, but at this point addressing that would be akin to closing the barn door after the livestock is already gone. The huge amounts of gold arent going anywhere. The power creep on the items isnt going to ebb back - now that people have had a taste of it, they'll freak at any attempt to scale it back. Cross-shard trading is an issue, it makes things harder to get on lesser populated shards and allows those with shard shields a massive advantage on price setting. Scripters and multiboxers wtih dozens of accounts farming autonomously all day floods the market with illegitimately obtained goods, diluting rarity of existing items - and sadly, we've all come to rely upon these items being readily available. Now that this has been addressed to a point, it's left a bit of a vacuum - its exceedingly difficult to get these items through normal play and much of the gray market sources have dried up.

with everything i've said above being true though, the game is still a lot of fun to play in whichever style you enjoy. I returned to UO six months ago after a decade+ long break, and had no problem getting back up to speed or finding ways to acquire the things i needed to update my characters. I enjoy the game as much as i did then, although a lot has changed. The economy may be "broken" in a technical sense, but its still very workable even to a returning player with very little useful gear remaining. Farming 100k/hour from mobs wont cut it, but it didnt really cut it a decade ago either, so move on to things that will. We all have our things we farm or make to turn a profit, and they arent hard to find.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So obviously with such a strong opinion you do care? Welcome back after ten years. I do know a good luck suit and the right mobs and bosses... I spend less than an two hours a day and get at least three legendary artifact drops a week. That is respectable for anyone who plays this game long term or not looking for a quick fix.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spend less than an two hours a day and get at least three legendary artifact drops a week.
(no offense)

I bet those sell for no more than 3m ea. because that's not the grade of loot we're talking about.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted once on the other forum about a loot revamp which would address the real issue here, one can search for the reply but it was discouraging to say the least. This all said when asked for a further input I then realized that the dev team plays less than I, which isn't saying much at all.

Syncros

Adventurer
I don't think adding more mods to items wether mob related or crafted is the answer, in fact atm there's too many mods on items as is IMO. It should be lessened to 5 max with crafted items retaining better durability or such.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(no offense)

I bet those sell for no more than 3m ea. because that's not the grade of loot we're talking about.
None taken, and some of those you would be right about. But I get really really nice stuff I can assure you no cheating needed. In game money is not what drives all of us however and I never sell my armor/jewelry. I keep it, unravel it or throw it away. My thought on that is...what if a duper got a hold of that piece...if i don't need it, it gets thrown away.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, in your own words, "you know people". Please feel free to correct me, but MY OPINION would be, if you know they are breaking the rules, and don't page/email/whatever on them, then you are actually in some (perhaps small, but none the less some) way responsible for the continued violations. Is that not a valid opinion?

I had someone tell me once, about a certain person that does a lot of IDOC's, "sure he breaks the rules with scripts/rails, but he is a nice guy. He tells me where they are, and shares some of the loot." It was the funniest/saddest thing I heard all day! ROFL

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
I Accept your opinion on that but i have Not Paged them. However I took some personal consequences.

I will not go into more details why I have decided to do what I did.

One thing I can tell you is that I know people who used all of the not compliant methods from A to Z so I am very much aware of the usual suspects and their methods. This experience leads me to the conclusion that the dev's approach is basically the drop of water on a hot stone.

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just jumping into this thread, read the first page and wanted to throw my quick thoughts.

Have had gold and wanted to build a new suit for about the last three weeks. Have not found a single piece of armor on ATL vendor search that meets the same standard that my other 7 suits had been built on. Same pieces that would have been 10m before EJ are now 100m and I still won't sacrifice the properties to build the new suit.

This is from the scope of someone who essentially only pvp's and I would say over half my fun on UO is based on trying weird templates and building funky suits. I realize a pvm tamer or an archer won't necessarily need eaters, cf, stats, max hpr, 20+mr on nonmed pieces so they can be refined for resist, etc etc etc. But chances are I will get bored if it suddenly becomes impossible to try a new toon every few weeks. Building a suit with 100+ skill increase, dci, hci and those aforementioned properties was pricey before. It's literally become 10x the price IF you can even find the pieces.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just jumping into this thread, read the first page and wanted to throw my quick thoughts.

Have had gold and wanted to build a new suit for about the last three weeks. Have not found a single piece of armor on ATL vendor search that meets the same standard that my other 7 suits had been built on. Same pieces that would have been 10m before EJ are now 100m and I still won't sacrifice the properties to build the new suit.

This is from the scope of someone who essentially only pvp's and I would say over half my fun on UO is based on trying weird templates and building funky suits. I realize a pvm tamer or an archer won't necessarily need eaters, cf, stats, max hpr, 20+mr on nonmed pieces so they can be refined for resist, etc etc etc. But chances are I will get bored if it suddenly becomes impossible to try a new toon every few weeks. Building a suit with 100+ skill increase, dci, hci and those aforementioned properties was pricey before. It's literally become 10x the price IF you can even find the pieces.
It took me about 3 months to finally piece this baby together on ATL. It costs roughly 1.2 plat in pieces I bought off people from this site and the vendor malls outside luna walls (had to ICQ them because they were on inactive auction safes). Some pieces also came from my own collection. I'm only posting this because this is the caliber of content I want and I think it took entirely too long to piece together :(

suit.png

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just realized I can enhance some of those piece with spined and do pretty good farming ****.... too bad its my PVP toon lol :lol:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worst part of this thread is those above posted items only come from 2 areas of this massive game, what a waste of effort. All this coolness, space, different things to hunt and kill but 98% of the game is near useless when viewed in context of this end game content.

As a further thought I have always enjoyed farming Cora, it's easy for me as I have got it down to a simple process. I know it's old content and has an easy mode but still can wreck stuff fast if it goes wrong. I use to do so in tram but moved to fel looking for the extra luck, to this date I have never had loot come close to anything like the above and it drive's me insane(I'd wager that I have knocked her off 500+ times). I understand she was about the drop but stuff like this needs to be looked at, why code all this if it never gets reviewed? If I did this with my clients I'd be broke and out of a job, what gives?

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDEAS:
  1. Add non-antique randomly-rolled legendaries to the ALREADY EXISTING NPC in cove for covetous gauntlet points. We have a great gauntlet-style dungeons that rarely get used. Put some ridiculous numbers on high rolled legendary brittle armor/weapons.
  2. Remove "Antique", add "Brittle" and bump up the quality in the loot from the wisp outside dungeon Despise.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's obvious what is needed a giant meteor to hit and destroy all items everything not deco then just go back to player crafted items and monsters drop only gold and ingredients player crafted items should have strict low cap on properties this would instantly fix the gold issue too much gold is only an issue if there is stuff to buy with it case in point Origin gold worthless there because there is nothing to buy....

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on the shard your playing on. Try playing a shard that gold means nothing. You have to farm the materials to make an imbued suit. I never have more than a few million in the bank for insurance money.

Legendarys are nice but overated. Anything marked Antique is considered garbage.