• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT - patriots going undefeated!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cant wait
hope i dont choke on these words

pretty doubtful though the way they are playing.

I

imported_mo'gluk

*attempts to lock this thread*

damn they are too good....

G

oh ya there was no question as to whether or not he would but how long. i think its a fair ammount of time not too short so it looks like special treatment and not so long that it looks like they were making a point with him, niether of which would be fair.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is that a magic mod card or something

i always knew u had a card up ur sleeve

I

imported_mo'gluk

actually I think they gave WAY more time then they would have given any other person... there are plenty of people who merely get misdemeanors for killing/torturing animals/pets... not that he didn't deserve some punishment but by no means is he getting special treatment...

G

It wasn't enough. He brutally murdered defenseless animals not only for sport, but because they didn't live up to his expectations.

The U.S. justice system is a farce.

I

imported_mo'gluk

well I am not saying that he didn't deserve more, what I am saying as that as ageneral rule people are not prosecuted as he was for what he did... normally they get prodation and community service with much less than the 2 years he got. I would like to see either the system prosecute all peopel who do this crime like him or treat him like they treat other crimes of this sort... the travesty is the lack of consistency in the system..

G

<blockquote><hr>

well I am not saying that he didn't deserve more, what I am saying as that as ageneral rule people are not prosecuted as he was for what he did... normally they get prodation and community service with much less than the 2 years he got. I would like to see either the system prosecute all peopel who do this crime like him or treat him like they treat other crimes of this sort... the travesty is the lack of consistency in the system..

[/ QUOTE ]

*edit* whoops, forgot to actually type anything...

Anyway, I had a big long rant planned, but I'll just say this...

Most people do not pull those kinds of sentences because most people don't routinely fail drug tests and lie detector tests while out on bond. Vick did. And I still don't think he was sentenced to enough time.

G

This one is to big too? I removed the other one but this one fits just fine in my browser.

N

Nerf-Herder

Too bad they already lost to Baltimore. It would be best if they choked so we don't have to listen to the asterisk talk.

J

Jakylpops

<blockquote><hr>

superbowl champs? how bout them cowboyz!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I hope the NFC can do better than the Cowboys. We've already proven they don't have what it takes this year.

I

imported_SavageSP

I hope the Patriots do go undefeated, the Cowboys dont mind being Underdogs, and it will burn ohhh so much more when the Patriots actually do lose a Game... the most important one!

N

Nerf-Herder

As per my previous post Savage, they already lost a game.

With a minute remaining and down by four points, the Pats faced a fourth and one situation. They went for it and Baltimore stopped them. Since the Pats were out of timeouts, the Ravens would have done three kneel-downs to end the game...

...but apparently, just before the snap of this fourth down play, Rex Ryan (Baltimore's Defensive Coordinator) called a timeout.

Damn, that sucks, I guess they didn't stop the Pats.

One problem: THE DEFENSIVE COORD CAN NOT CALL A TIMEOUT! Only the head coach or a player on the field can do so, and none of them did.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

cant wait
hope i dont choke on these words

pretty doubtful though the way they are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you must mean the part where they almost lost to the eagles, and needed the refs to help them "BARELY" skin the Ravens. *chuckles*...

The Cowboys will get their rematch in the Superbowl (Big Dance).

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

oh ya there was no question as to whether or not he would but how long. i think its a fair ammount of time not too short so it looks like special treatment and not so long that it looks like they were making a point with him, niether of which would be fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick got screwed, no other way to put it.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

It wasn't enough. He brutally murdered defenseless animals not only for sport, but because they didn't live up to his expectations.

The U.S. justice system is a farce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aint it kinda funny how the U.S. has been trying to outlaw "pitbulls" for a long time now, because they are "vicious" animals, but when the Mike Vick case came about, all of a sudden they're "poor defenseless animals". Don't you think that's kinda funny?

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I steal that pic for my avatar? Thanks, I knew you wouldn't mind.

G

I've known pits that I would have no problem letting my child (were I to have one) snuggle up to any day of the week. How the animal is treated and raised plays a big part in whether or not it becomes "Vicious"

It's not the animals fault that an irresponsible owner took charge of it. They don't get a choice, ya know?

You are proving your ignorance, Darkness...whether or not pitbulls are a "safe" animal to own, doesn't give people the right to treat them inhumanely (drowning and strangling, chiefly)

Michael Vick didn't get screwed, he got off easily.

G

<blockquote><hr>

there are plenty of people who merely get misdemeanors for killing/torturing animals/pets...

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the state and the severity of the act I guess.

Cruelty neglect is a misdemeanor here (Nebraska), but cruel mistreatment that involves repeated beatings, or torture is a felony with up to 5 years in jail as punishment.

I think he stepped over the line, and if he hadnt have taken the plea bargain he would have been in jail for 5 years probably.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

I've known pits that I would have no problem letting my child (were I to have one) snuggle up to any day of the week. How the animal is treated and raised plays a big part in whether or not it becomes "Vicious"

It's not the animals fault that an irresponsible owner took charge of it. They don't get a choice, ya know?

You are proving your ignorance, Darkness...whether or not pitbulls are a "safe" animal to own, doesn't give people the right to treat them inhumanely (drowning and strangling, chiefly)

Michael Vick didn't get screwed, he got off easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one saying pits are Vicious, or unsafe around children, your governments is. I have owned plenty of pits, and have one tattooed on my shoulder in fact. If you cannot see the point I'm trying to prove, then it is not me who is ignorant. For the record, I love pits, and think every family should have one, but you're right, bad owners, and non skilled breeders are the ones to blame for the vicious ones.

But in case you just have problems comprehending, I'll attempt to explain one more time. here goes...

It is the government who has been trying to outlaw pitbulls, using the excuse of them being "vicious, aggressive, blood thirsty creatures", and a danger to society. And, it is also that same government who has convicted Mike Vick of being cruel to "poor defenseless animals" (pitbulls). So, ya really need to see past your own cloudy thoughts, in order to recognize the contradiction I'm trying to show you here.

G

Show me one instance of the U.S. (Federal, mind you) government attempting to outlaw piutbulls, please.

You may want to turn this in to a rant about the U.S. Government, fine, go for it, I'll jump in right alongside you, since I think (as I said before, I believe) it's a farce. But don't try and make it sound like Vick didn't do anything wrong. Because he did, and you know it.

N

Nerf-Herder

I personally think that Vick should have been locked inside his dog fighting house...

with every single one of the dogs he trained...

yet after he was forced to strip naked and bacon grease was rubbed all over him.

Do that, and we will see how much [censored] fun he thinks dog fighting is! That sick and twisted piece of [censored] betrayed the most basic trust, the most pure form of unconditional love that humans can ever know. He deserves to have his balls bitten off by a mini poodle.

Seriously. I could kick my dog in the face right now, and I know that he will just lay there, wag his tail, and wait for me to take of my shoe so he can lick my foot.
Yet I choose not to do that. Why? -- Because I'm not sick in the [censored] head and I don't need to torture animals to make me feel like a manly man.

I hope someone gets a hold of number 7 in the showers, and makes him... well... use your imagination.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not the one saying pits are Vicious, or unsafe around children, your governments is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the bobblehead...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I personally think that Vick should have been locked inside his dog fighting house...

yet after he was forced to strip naked and bacon grease was rubbed all over him.

Do that, and we will see how much [censored] fun he thinks dog fighting is! That sick and twisted piece of [censored] betrayed the most basic trust, the most pure form of unconditional love that humans can ever know. He deserves to have his balls bitten off by a mini poodle.

Seriously. I could kick my dog in the face right now, and I know that he will just lay there, wag his tail, and wait for me to take of my shoe so he can lick my foot.
Yet I choose not to do that. Why? -- Because I'm not sick in the [censored] head and I don't need to torture animals to make me feel like a manly man.

I hope someone gets a hold of number 7 in the showers, and makes him... well... use your imagination.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I've been saying all along, I believe...

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of things....

1. Pitbulls who are trained to fight WILL NOT attack people, only animals. Lets say Vick had 10k on a fight, then his dog bites another owner, not only does Vick lose the 10k by default, the other dog owner would probably shoot Vick on the spot. So, the owners have to know their dogs before bringing it to a dog fight.

2. before Vick went to jail, he left 2 million for the care of his remaining pitbulls, so that they would be well taken care of. I don't know about you, but it sure looks like he's sorry for his wrong doings to me.

Correction, it was 900k, not 2 million.

A

AntiOTF

I have a question for you...

How do you feel about Bull fighting? Those poor bulls are killed for sheer entertainment. But yet you don't see anyone talking about those "poor defenseless bulls", now do you?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, there are several activists that are against bull fighting and several demonstrations are held outside of the arenas where these events are held almost everytime they have them. But where is your point? You dont see bull fighting legal here in the US either do you? If you did, they would be under just as much scrutiny.

A

AntiOTF

The subject is about humanity, legalities. My point is, I don't hear homegrown wishing none of those bull fighters to catch one in the shower.

G

It's really no fun to debate with someone who does nothing but redirect when they can't think of a rebuttal, So I'll just go back to ignoring you Darkness.

I want my 2 minutes of typing time back for this...

A

AntiOTF

Seem like a valid point to me, I'm just questioning your true anger here. Is it cruelty to animals, or do you have other motives? The question seems perfectly legit to me, but yeah i agree, ignoring the question is probably the safest way out.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What "other" motives would there be. We werent talking about bullfighters. The discussion was about Michael Vick. So people began to give their opinions about him and what he had done. It would seem pretty odd if someone in the middle of their opinon on this situation started naming every act of animal cruelty they could think of and what they thought the punishment for each of these acts should be. The fact of the matter is when dealing with dogs, in this country at least, they are viewed as pets. Lifetime companions that are seen as part of the family, not as possesions. It is a very personal connection and when someone violates that with dispicable acts of cowardice and greed, then they deserve what they have coming to them, which in this case doesnt seem harsh enough to me.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

The fact of the matter is when dealing with dogs, in this country at least, they are viewed as pets. Lifetime companions that are seen as part of the family, not as possesions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the phrase you're looking for is domestic animal, which i totally agree with you about cruelty to "pets", but unfortunately, pitbulls are not considered "pets" in our society. I have read countless books on this breed of animal, and am quite educated about the breed. These pets, were bred to attack animals. Did you know that? I'm not saying mike vick wasn't wrong for the killing of these animals, he clearly was, I'm just upset about the way people look at dog fighting in general, of this particular breed of animal.

Can you or homegrown honestly say that you don't know one person, personally, that has ever faught a pitbull? Honestly.

G

I think bull fighting is terrible. Not so crazy about circuses, or rodeos either.

N

Nerf-Herder

You have me convinced. Tomorrow, I am going to hang and then drown my dog if he fails to kill the mailman.

[/sarcasm]

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Can you or homegrown honestly say that you don't know one person, personally, that has ever faught a pitbull? Honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can honestly say that I do not know a single person who is involved with or even attended a dog fight. And I know several people that do have pits as "pets" not just domestic animals. They are also considered part of the family. Your logic is rediculous, trying to justify these mindless acts in any way is just plain cowardly. From the sounds of it and the way you are defending it as an acceptable practice I would not be surprised if you were involved with it yourself. Why else would you read "countless" books on them, and have a pit tattoo on your shoulder. If the tattoo was in memory of a beloved pet, then you should be just as or even more outraged as the rest of the community. If its there to show your "homies" how [censored] cool you are and that you are involved with dogfights then that would make you a bigger POS then I thought.

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can honestly say that I do not know a single person who is involved with or even attended a dog fight. And I know several people that do have pits as "pets" not just domestic animals. They are also considered part of the family. Your logic is rediculous, trying to justify these mindless acts in any way is just plain cowardly. From the sounds of it and the way you are defending it as an acceptable practice I would not be surprised if you were involved with it yourself. Why else would you read "countless" books on them, and have a pit tattoo on your shoulder. If the tattoo was in memory of a beloved pet, then you should be just as or even more outraged as the rest of the community. If its there to show your "homies" how [censored] cool you are and that you are involved with dogfights then that would make you a bigger POS then I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would read a lil closer, you will see where I said Vick was wrong in killing these dogs, but I guess people only see what they wanna see. And as far as my tattoo goes, It is a tattoo of one of my pits that got loose from his chain while I was over a friends house, and he immediately ran up the street to attack the dog that always run up to him barking at him whenever I walked my pit. So naturally, the first thing a Pit (in their genes to attack animals) will do is go after the dog that always showed agression toward him.

Well my pit went up to street to find the said dog, and began to do what pits do (attack animals), and the owner of the dog shot and killed my "pet", so that is why I tattooed him on my shoulder, not for showing off to my friends. I loved this "pet", which is why i got the tattoo to symbolize my affection, and my memory of my pet. So I am the one saying that these animals can be pets, but "society" are the ones that have problems accepting this, not me.

FYI, although properly breaded pits are not bread to show aggresion toward people, you still want to make sure your toddler stands over taller than the eye lvl of the pit, as they can sometimes mistake the child for a pet, and bad things can happen. You should really pass this info to your friends with pitbulls.

I marked UO with my uncoordinated hand (left) using a sharpie, on my arm so that you would know this was my tattoo, and not some random pretty arm tatoo from the internet. Yeah, I know I'm pretty!

G

<blockquote><hr>

and not some random pretty arm tatoo from the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gotta be the worst inkjob I've ever seen. Did your 5-year old nephew do it with his crayolas?

A

AntiOTF

If you can read, I stated i wrote it with my uncoordinated left hand, using a sharpie. Try writing on your right shoulder, upside down, with your left hand, and see how neat it comes out.

A

AntiOTF

Well my photo cut the top of the head off, and it's a picture of a pitbull tearing outta my skin. Supposedly.

G

Personal foul. 15 yard penalty.

Seriously folks. This is a controversial topic. Let's let the courts decide it. Oh! They already have!

Besides, getting back to the original topic. It does not matter if the Pats go 16 and 0. It is game 19 vs the Cowboys that matters.

I

imported_SavageSP

If your Gonna Use "The Jedi" Tony Romo for you Avatar, use this one , its clearer and shows the Jedi Master in a better light.

D

Dark_Schneider

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this statement is why you're getting harassed.

I don't blame people for harassing you either because that statement implies you don't feel it was very wrong and that animal cruelty should not carry a heavy penalty.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this statement is why you're getting harassed.

I don't blame people for harassing you either because that statement implies you don't feel it was very wrong and that animal cruelty should not carry a heavy penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir! Very eloquently put! Have a smoke on me!