• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One of you devs, please pop on and address the fact that the event hasn't progressed equally on all

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

This might not have anything to do with anything but while searching each book in blackthorns castle I stumbled on a book that talked about black moongates and how they open up to other dimensions and times. It said something about how two instances of the same person couldnt exist in the same dimension. However when the event took place the there was clones of people inside the rift. This could maybe point someone in the right direction.

I

imported_Cysphruo

I used to live next to this guy/girl, i think the name was christopher columbus (aka inu) who claimed "the world is round" and that there was actually undiscovered land out there, which is complete horse dung, if that were true it would change so much... then again this person was always smokin the ol nightshade if you catch my drift, can never trust those types of folk.

I

imported_Skrag

Does anyone really think poring over whatever gibberish the Inu NPC is spamming this month is going to amount to anything? What has it amounted to so far, in the two years they've been distribuiting spam "clues" this way?

G

- Well, it has given us clues that have lead us into discovering locations many clues that relate to the story / current events of the time. Between the NPC gibberish and the runic writings on uo.com, a lot has been uncovered by those wanting to piece it all together.

So, at times it has amounted to giving many players a way to jump into the current event by following the NPC (& sometimes uo.com) clues; sometimes even before it has been more-widely announced.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone really think poring over whatever gibberish the Inu NPC is spamming this month is going to amount to anything? What has it amounted to so far, in the two years they've been distribuiting spam "clues" this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, sometimes it has. It's led to events, led to hidden passwords, etc.

Whether or not it will now? Who knows.

This post of yours is simple bitterness.

You made a much better point, however, in some other post, wherein you suggested that, without the boards, there'd be no way to know that these events are connected at all.

That's true.

However, the more I think about it, the more I think that that isn't necessarily a bad thing. There should be room in this game for people who just want to do the events, without knowing about (or caring about in some cases!!) the connection between them.

One of the beauties of UO is how it can accommodate different levels of intensity.

However, skrag....As was the case with Magincia, if you don't like the events, post your criticisms and then move on and don't do them. You, instead of being critical and leaving it there, seem intent upon picking away at them every chance you get. It's hard to avoid the impression that you are actively scorning those of us who do.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I have been killing many a beasts during the first 5 days after the event. I didn't come across any Shadow Lord, but I managed to contribute to Berserker kills.

However, I personally stopped fighting in Moonglow. I am a little tired of those Fallen Warriors and Fetid Essences. I rather hang out with my pirate guild or go to a dungeon to do some serious killing (with the chance of receiving an artifact). Or I keep working on my skills. At least, until something is happening in Moonglow again, or we receive a hint about what to do next in order to proceed in the event. So far, I lost enough insurance money in Moonglow without gettin anything in return. (Oh yes, I found several Plainswords and -shields, but they aren't very unique, are they?)

The United Pirates of Catskills

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just curious, Inu seems to say "Doom" quite often.

Has anyone done a thorough search of Doom proper to see if the missing person is hiding out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it has to do with that DnD thing they put in, too? Or maybe, Cyloth(sp)...I don't know. I haven't checked either out, lately :/. I'm jumpin' like a fish for clues, though. I mean, I was killing Brood Queens in Fel, and those "plain snakes" spawned (what the hell name is that?), and I thought, "plain...plane? plane shield, plane sword?!" Graspin' for straws, I think.

Maybe LB will touch down, in a plane. And take us to TR. Who knows.

G

If any of you gusy or girls get bored in moonglow go to terra keep and kill generals and captians and everything else for rations orders, journals plus you get arties... Its much more fun then moonglow and the ophidian items are turns in also.

I

imported_Skrag

Don't remind me of how lame Magincia was. I was really hyped for it at the beginning, too. Oh wow, destructible buildings, we must save Magincia! Then all the would-be defenders watch the entire city be blown up by rubble farmers. Oops.

But hey, irony, right? Magincia destroyed by the greed of the players! Except the salvation or destruction of Magincia wasn't determined by any of that. Nope, there were just some spell-casting thingies to kill at the moongate on the last day, and wham, victory. It didn't really matter if you had blown up the entire city or not.

Well at least that Magincia was saved on the vast majority of shards, right? Except it's still a blasted-flat plain, except for all the dinner plates and crap floating in mid-air. Gee, good thing we "saved" it by killing that crap at the gate.

Gawd.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

*grabs his backpack and drinks his ale... there is a long road ahead... time to explore and connect the dots... much land and sea to cover*

G

<blockquote><hr>

If any of you gusy or girls get bored in moonglow go to terra keep and kill generals and captians and everything else for rations orders, journals plus you get arties... Its much more fun then moonglow and the ophidian items are turns in also.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't. Killed 1 brood queen too many bout a week ago. They stopped spawning.