• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One of you devs, please pop on and address the fact that the event hasn't progressed equally on all

• Thread starter imported_GalenKnighthawke
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

[I guess technically there's spoilers here.]

[So here's some space, if you're a dev please keep reading, the rest of you it's up to you.]

And the subject line says it all.

Some shards have NPCs that dispense clues, some don't.

Some have maps that point the way to what appears to be a new island cluster, some don't.

Did those of is without those things simply do something wrong? If so, please tell us.

Are those shards who DO have it basically beta testing things for the next phase? If so please let us in.

If something is screwed up and you're not gonna fix it over the weekend, please let us in on that too...Most of us are NOT gonna get mad at you all for taking a real weekend off, especially now that you're far away from EA and hopefully from its insane, exploitative corporate culture.

But please, one of you pop in and answer these questions....We don't all have the NPCs, some of us with them can't talk to them, we don't all have the maps, etc., etc.

This is a fun event. I like it. And I hate complaining. But damn if it isn't frustrating when things appear to be screwed up.

-Galen's player

G

Well said. I agree with ye 100%, lets hope this post gets read by a Dev tomorrow.

I wasnt even aware just how far off some of us are compared to others.

G

Pretty sure the whole "cluster of islands" thing is 100% player speculation and has absoloutely nothing to do with anything actually in-game.

Aside from that, I agree fully. Something damn well needs to be said.

D

dorkuberalles

remember, this is how the magincia invasion progressed. it just took awhile. things were different on each shard. really, this should be expected.

G

<blockquote><hr>

remember, this is how the magincia invasion progressed. it just took awhile. things were different on each shard. really, this should be expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Legends: No ShadowLords since Tuesday Noon. No Demon Berserkers at all. No NPC's (healers or guards) at the Rift Gate. Do we feel left out, you bet!

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Different how?
On some shard, Magincia was destroyed, on another it was annihilated and on another it totally blowed up?

Origin, we destroy worlds.
EA, destroy everything.

G

Isn't communication Jeremy's (or Robert's) job and not the devs?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Legends: No ShadowLords since Tuesday Noon. No Demon Berserkers at all. No NPC's (healers or guards) at the Rift Gate. Do we feel left out, you bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

same on chesapeake

I

imported_Coppelia

I didn't see shadowlords, but we sure have berserkers on Europa.
I still don't know what's this story of allegiance, but we have mobs to kill

I

imported_Cyrah

Two thoughts... they think it has been done. Or Pacific is a test.

Well one more, we got punished.

I

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using "the devs" as a generic term for the UO team at EA-Mythic, including J.

My understanding is that this is a common term.

-Galen's player

I

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this is the answer then I am 100% fine with that.

During Magincia, it was pretty clear that this was the case.

Not so now, at least to me.

-Galen's player

I

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty sure the whole "cluster of islands" thing is 100% player speculation and has absoloutely nothing to do with anything actually in-game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too honestly. It was definitely worth checking out though.

The point (as I think you know from the other part of your post that I didn't quote) is that we don't know for sure.

I don't want to know everything.....Well, ok, I wouldn't mind knowing everything as long as there was still something to do. But....Right now I would argue we know less than we should.

We should at least know more about the mechanics of this than we do.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Trebr Drab

Maps are blank on my shard.

Can anyone tell what's on them on those shards that have them?

I

imported_Cyrah

Tent has holes in roof now? Or only I see this, ha! More tricks?

Does the Pacific tent have roof holes or a useful map?

G

I think the tent shows an incomplete "ceiling" in KR. Not sure if that's what you are referring to or not, Cyrah.

(NOT a bash against KR, just infos!)

F

Fayled Dhreams

In the meanwhile

getting a list of the present and missing "clues"(pieces) ... such as map screenies, and dialogue response's, and current spawning status ...
would certainly HELP (at least the boardies)

Inu's "dialogue" ... and her current "path" ...(when she seems to be walking with focused intent) from the healers shop (norm tram) or at a spawn point around the bank.

Numan the mage

Captain Avery

Healers IN the tent

The machine on the other side, range of "stuck" objects (seem to be fallen beneath the tiles / unusable) some blocking, some with "incomplete" labels.
I believe its Siege, has a Lost all the liguid "coolant" and the black stack with the vortex cube (yep, verified)

Area around the machine, the "fence" is partially there on Europa ... there's a "ring" around ... mmmm Greatlakes? (yep, paralysis field, verified)

Just saying ...

I

imported_xStrikerx

Tent on LS has a couple holes in it, in the 2d client

G

I'm glad I found this post as mine would've been repetitive and specific to Baja. I now know that we're not the only shard that has no talking NPC's, berzerkers or maps that point to places. All we really want to know is if there's something we're missing. Have we not done something that would progress the spawn? Is it going to stay like this and the 'corrupted rift' will be treated like another dungeon? When will someone address this as the frustration in not being told anything is setting in.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hey Mama Faith (thanks for tha assist, though, as a lookie ... wasn't really needed
)

My point precisely ... instead of individual shard concerns ... FOR THE GAME as a whole ...
Might be better served, while waiting ...

To build a comprehensive list

F

Fayled Dhreams

And having just manually checked east and west coast shards ... (okay, Drach and Europa too ...
)

Calling "unfounded rumor" on mentions of a map ... checked e/w shard tent maps ... NO data present (appears to look blank)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well.....no NPC's yet on Origin, spawn in Dark Moonglow is present all but SL's and Deamon Bersekers.

Not enough people at the current time to advance the spawn.....

Also a theory....when Draconi said *think Magincia* maybe he meant that we had to clear the city by zones.....anyone remember that?? Just a thought.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also a theory....when Draconi said *think Magincia* maybe he meant that we had to clear the city by zones.....anyone remember that?? Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is likely to be the case. Ever since the brit invasion and the introduction of the advanced spawner system(A.S.S for short) we have been stuck with a system we have no ability to gauge. The champ spawn system, with it's skulls, it the best aproach in this manner. Then again, anything that gives the players a sense what they are doing is progressing something would be preferred. From my experience(multiple shards for those that need to feel they are posting for "the game") I have found that few players are clearing out the wooded areas to the south-west. If indeed there are zones to be cleared those with enough voluteers should look to this area when attempting to progress their spawns.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Larisa may be on to something with "Think Magincia". To trigger the event further, we may need to clear out entirely certain parts of the city.

Unfortunetly for some shards (like mine!), this is going to prove difficult due to only a handful of players currently participating in the event. I've no idea how Sonoma can/will take out the spawn in the west/northwest section. *sigh*

F

Fayled Dhreams

Been thinking the same ... especially since I've yet to see ANY shard putting any kind of concerted effort ... to clear spawn outside of the fence

Oh sure! I've seen teams as large as &gt;3&lt; outside the fences ... a couple of times ...
but not once ... any aid station set up on the perimeter of the darkness ... ya know ... to support any "forward" advances against the spawn ...

ah well

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone point me in the direction of finding the zones that had to be cleared out in what order when Mag event was going on?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Scroll down a bit, the map is there

Added the image so there's more meat to this thread *grins* The zones had to be cleared out in reverse order, starting from zone 6 and working around the city and back towards the moongate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tent on LS has a couple holes in it, in the 2d client

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh.. I think that might be my fault... not gonna say what happened though, or else people will go around breaking all of the tents on all the shards just for the hell of it.

^^;;

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*laughs* Nice goin Crysta *winks*

Anyway, if there ARE zones in Moonglow,what would they be? Here is a map for referance.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Good show, Larisa of the BlackRock .... and (if I may) your other graphic of the area of concern :

One thought
WE(kronos) punched a hole through the dimensional/time ether ... centered on the crater ...
clockwise or counterclock? End at the crater? begin?

G

I drew this up a while ago for Shadowlord sightings, and divided it up for the RP guild I'm in, so we could disperse.

Might not be a big help, and yes I used real Moonglow because I couldn't find the picture above ;[

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is likely to be the case. Ever since the brit invasion and the introduction of the advanced spawner system(A.S.S for short) we have been stuck with a system we have no ability to gauge. The champ spawn system, with it's skulls, it the best aproach in this manner. Then again, anything that gives the players a sense what they are doing is progressing something would be preferred. From my experience(multiple shards for those that need to feel they are posting for "the game") I have found that few players are clearing out the wooded areas to the south-west. If indeed there are zones to be cleared those with enough voluteers should look to this area when attempting to progress their spawns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know that the area A as listed above was cleared, and kept cleared, at the beginning on Pacific, then going counterclockwise around the town everything else was also cleared except the wooded area above the fence on the northwestern portion of the map. The wisps primarily spawned in the first area at the begining, so it was a prime target for quite a few of us as we tried to gather the various threads.

F

Fayled Dhreams

wooded area above the fence on the eastern portion of the map.

??? civilian east ???

C

Connor_Graham

Sorry, meant west....

Northwest if you want to get really technical.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Okies dokies ... just checking ...
one other point of interest ...
the "sunken floor" in the herbal splendor shop ... might be considered centered on the outside lamp post, in the corner of the building.
Approximate coordinates ~~42o 53'N 142o 32'W (X: 4418, Y: 1136)

Going from Inu's babblings ... "the world is round" .... overlaying those coord's on the other maps ... Lands one in "a southern sea" SW of ONE of THE island's in Tokuno lands( don't go there enough to say which) ...
in Malas ... near the edge of the void space ... NW of Umbra
Ilshenar ... black space ... off known mapping ..

*shrugs*

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Unfortunetly for some shards (like mine!), this is going to prove difficult due to only a handful of players currently participating in the event. I've no idea how Sonoma can/will take out the spawn in the west/northwest section. *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly I don't think many have interest on Lake Austin anymore either. Including myself. I got bored with it a few days in with only the same things over and over. *shrugs* That's just me though.
However I have popped in once in awhile to see if something new has happened (berserkers). Sadly all I have seen is less and less people each day. Today there was noone there.
Of course that's what's going to happen when noone knows what's going on or why they are bothering to kill anything at all. We had decent numbers at first. Now the "event" has worn off and it is just repetitive killing/looting and for many repetitive dieing.

K

Kayne

Looking at the map and thinking of what spawns where most of the time (using europa as the example) i would say go counter clock wise starting from the south and going round west, the north, then the east, and finally circling back to the detector.
It seems that mainly Dark wisps spawn south and west so it seems logical to take these out as much as possible and work inward from the outside of the circle.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I agree ...

getting the "individual mob" to do so ....

C

Connor_Graham

Just curious, Inu seems to say "Doom" quite often.

Has anyone done a thorough search of Doom proper to see if the missing person is hiding out there?

G

Even if something spectacular happens this event was still poorly planned...
I say people just need to find a new game to play and quit UO all together.

F

Fayled Dhreams

me thinks she's speaking of Doooooom type doom ... end of the world sorta stuff ... *shrugs*
might be worth a shot to ask the dungeon master though

She's also mentioned that the "world is round" ...
the alter moonglow IS round ... NOT "spherically round"
pie pan round ...

hmmm ... copied a list of her ramblings (non pig latins)

Yes?
No?
Nooo
Noooooo
Maybe.
Maybe...
Dooooooom...
Doom
Doom!
Rudesbies
Grizzled folly-fallen dewberries
Mammering gull-catchers
Half-faced mammets
Mewling half-faced
Roguish eye-offending
Spleeny!

*jumps*
*hops*
*frowns*
*cackles*
*cackles madly*
*laughs*
What're *you* looking at?!
A machine, a very very big machine!
Don't you see the hole?
The World is round
The lights, they flash! it burns us!

two of the bolded REALLY catch my eye
Grizzled folly-fallen dewberries &amp; Spleeny!

but ...

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rudesbies
Grizzled folly-fallen dewberries
Mammering gull-catchers
Half-faced mammets
Mewling half-faced
Roguish eye-offending
Spleeny!

could be a regular inu prophecy leading into something we dont know about yet...like this info about sutek...
the results of Sutek's experiments: killerbunnies, animals with two front sides, monsters

G

ooo what did odda say about how to decrypt what inu was talking about?
Every two words only one is the truth, something like that?

F

Fayled Dhreams

Spleeny
1: full of or displaying spleen
(Spleen: a highly vascular ductless organ that is located in the left abdominal region near the stomach or intestine of most vertebrates and is concerned with final destruction of red blood cells, filtration and storage of blood, and production of lymphocyte)
2New England : peevish and irritable with hypochondriac inclinations

Mammet A puppet, a favourite, an idol.

Definately a "Shakespearean" flavor to some of her comments

Thou knavish weak-hinged hempseed
Thou roguish pinch-spotted harpy
Thou pribbling toad-spotted rudesby
Thou roguish eye-offending puttock ...

ie (from MY take) ... NOT clues ... but notice of some of the in-game avatars ... mmm ... behavior

G

Half-Faced Mammets:
Someone's a puppet of the Shadowlords (Melissa?)

Spleeny:
Iritable

Rudesbies:
Rude fellows

Grizzles folly-fallen dewberries:
Grizzles - to make or become grey
Folly - Foolish act; stupid criminal act; evil act
Dewberries - Sweet berries that many believe are worth the scratches and stains that accompany them

Rogueish Eye-Offending:
Melissa reference?

Mammering gull-catchers:
Mammering - To stammer or mutter; or to hesitate or be undecided
Gull-catcher - One who traps someone who is easily fooled

Mewling half-faced:
Mewling - To whimper or cry
Half-Faced - Partially revealed

My take on those sayings.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using "the devs" as a generic term for the UO team at EA-Mythic, including J.

My understanding is that this is a common term.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really replying in a generic sense in hopes that someone from the team would see and get the hint that more communication is needed. It's not just weekends and during events that it's lacking.

Anyways, thanks for the thread. Some good info is being passed around.

I

imported_Cysphruo

seems to me that back area to the southwest was probably undefeated on most shards, it was on mine and i imagine on others, my question is, has anyone on any shard seen every area pushed back?
because as far as i can see, the spawn is extremly similar to a champ spawn including the circular area of spawn the map was designed as. at a champ spawn if you were to keep killing everything on only one half of the map/spawn area then eventually the spawn will slow for that area and all the mosters will start spawning and jumbling up on that other half. it seems very similar, i imagine most shards had all but that southwest corner defeated.
so my real question again is, were any shards able to cover the entire map keeping the spawn down? and what happened?

I decided to split my post up, so a few down you will see my other post

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, the UO world is a Toroid......

I'm not kidding....