• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old timers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Suraknar

Holy damn!

Greetings through the nether of time, good sir! You will be pleased to know that the stone lives on only a screen or two from its location of yore, laying in wait for more days of greatness that prepare themselves just over the horizon.
Hello old friend, *salutes*

Now this is indeed a great day it seems, and with great news as well.

I am dispatching a priority missive to you.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail all !

Surak'nar... I do remember you as well. Interesting to see all the "pieces" :lick: of the puzzle fall out of their invisibility.

I was beginning to wonder. I was received like a king in your strange lands, people have dressed me and helped me get started, especially a fine lady from the UWF guild which was also there in the day, which she remembered.

To me it did not look like a ultima anymore if it wasn't for the monsters and vampire bats who take me 10 minutes to kill for a mere 20 gold :hahaha:

It seems the prices have inflated, there is so much vendors around luna that it's overhwelming, and barely a few things I can ever hope to afford, I have many questions already but I shall begin with the most important.

Which is the color of the new EM robes ? Anyone witnessed that ?

Namase ! Hope to see you in game !

Morgana... *bows* You also have a priority missive (hehe) waiting, but be careful it seems we're being read like an open book here. *looks around nervously*

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How refreshing !

Yes that was me ! *laughs* I have sported an abysmal horror, those used to manucure my foot in the day. And some kind of angel killed me in one hit so many times ?

I would have expected the horror to be a little more deadly than an angel, and btw since when do angel fight alongside the minions ?

Anyways I have met brave souls who fought without fear, we have laid down to rest over 20 generals, 10 wanderers of the void, 3-4 of those angels, liche lords and one of those abysmal horrors which took about 45 minutes of highly strategic combat to help free the town of moonglow !

I have met there a member of the Moonglow town Counsil who assured us that the guards were coming, but finally noone mighty came, we were left to our own dying repeatedly, but it was fun !

I have also found a big blackrock fragment, and made some very interesting encounters...

More on that later :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I know full well I must not touch those again, what I meant is that if you see me touching one, you should do anything in your power to get it away from me, even if it means taking my life.

More interesting encounters... there is still amazing people on this shard, does not look like it on first glance, but they're out there !

How ironic that we met Cear purely "coincidentally" at a nowhere spot near trinsic gate... mhm.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what would be a good time for old timers to gather in a tavern and reminesce the good memories ?

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's meet at Goodman's Rune Library at say 8 est? I'll take you and anyone else that would like...to the ancient places. There's a tavern on the first floor in the building across the road to the west. I'll be there waiting for you...

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Atlantic is back up.

I will not be able to join you guys until 11pm EST or so...I will get in touch with Ahu.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Tavern night this monday

3/16/09- Mazewood: Starfire-- Mazewood Fel

Remember Mazewood?
I rarely leave work on Mondays before 11pm or 12am, sometimes more like 2-3am. We deploy on Monday nights, and double whopper with cheese usually hits the fan.

That's why I haven't gone to these.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm sounds vaguely familiar... I might be able to check it out.

I'm falling asleep now however, waiting like that 3 hours for it to come back up, and now that I'm here I seen over 20 people that completely ignored me but most talked to other people... it was definately about me.

I'm knocking nails... I'll go see if a nap can fix that.

brb in 20 min at brit bank then !

Namase !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cesspool, Rachel, Molly ?

Whats going on with you all, I remember hearing you would perhaps assist me ?

M

merz

er, seems something of an odd note to make an entrance on, but who were you in AOD? Because i've been with the group pretty much since beta ended (as LOTOS) during many of the events you've described. I was also Isobel (yes, unfortunately the same one from the AMT comic..) and remember Virulord, as he was part of my whole necromancy institute establishment for a while. I sort-of left things around 99, though have kept in touch with Ibn Shaun and Perianwyr (who plays eve now..)

rather shocking to consider that was over a decade ago. saddened to hear of tiffric's passing - we were rather far from friends but he always struck me as a very sincere fellow.

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello old friend, *salutes*

Now this is indeed a great day it seems, and with great news as well.

I am dispatching a priority missive to you.
Oh dear lord have I died and gone to heaven? Where have you been? Tell me you are coming back please! Send me a Q if you can!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually did, get back and pay for my own account.

I been wandering around for weeks, and noone that I know showed up pretty much. Made some happy encounters but somehow everyone disapeared... including you Cear !

So basically I log in for free and have tons of fun, I see a UO thriving with added content that make it worth paying for... and now I pay and, nothing.

I didn't even get invited in the beta ! Everyone tells me it's terrible (client bugs), but heeeeh...

I dunno anymore. :bored:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides Surak'nar has not replied to my PM... and I am doubting he might be an impostor... why come here and say Hi if it's to disapear shortly thereafter.

This is just like the 4 members of PoV which we used to play EVERYnight with on my trial account, but since my subscription ended, not one of them ever logged in again to even check on their characters... on the same EXACT date I left they are all gone...

;)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freaky yeah... !

I remember you LOTOS, Isobel... I was Raistlin lol.. you should read the thread I think it's pretty interesting AND actual.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its what we call the summer hole...

its the same every year , as soon as the weather is nice people go outside :)

I myself spend 8 hours doing yardwork today and now i am beat....
Browsing the forums a bit and after that i am gonna lay on my sofa and relax :p

Sadly i dont live near a beach or i would be laying there ;)

Summer, Summer, Summer Time !!!!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and it was also known as the most magical time for the powers to be to implement tons of little changes and presence in the metascape in order to manipulate the tide of humanity.

This is mixed space, where are all the vigilantes, have we illegalised them ? I see that Bismark is there vaillantly, I lift my hat... I am looking through a weakened mirror so to speak !

Please do not forget that it is I who stole and hid the ebon skull, and who was kissed by oblivion and casted armageddon... I am not sure if that explains the pleasure I have in sounding serious, where there is no way for me to be.

That is the new question... Why would I have to lift a finger to be invited where I have a birthright.

But I sit with joy in my heart, because I am the only one who knows how to make this UO what its meant to be again, or any MMORPG for that matter. I just hope I am not going to end up working for Blizzard, or even worse... Google !

B

bytor_tp

Wow, great read!

I too miss the glory days of online gaming...when the world was new.

Bytor of the Pluggers....

Get mean...get GREEN!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool of you to drop a line :)

You guys and SSJ pulled the best and most fair fights with us back then... but I never knew what the pluggers stood for, is it the famous prank where you plug up a toilet with paper and put it on autoflush ? :p

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Besides Surak'nar has not replied to my PM... and I am doubting he might be an impostor... why come here and say Hi if it's to disapear shortly thereafter.

This is just like the 4 members of PoV which we used to play EVERYnight with on my trial account, but since my subscription ended, not one of them ever logged in again to even check on their characters... on the same EXACT date I left they are all gone...

;)
You know me, I am never "gone", always here. As for Clean and Robin...

Clean has turned traitor, and is playing World of Warcraft (Crack) and Robin has been deployed to Afghanistan in real life. Not sure if we will see him again, but I hope so.

Katie girl is still around, although she got deployed as well (military).

I hope you are well Ahu...we miss you a great deal in PoV. I have tried on many occasions to contact you.

Morgana

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the news Morgana, hope you have your internet back soon, I still have a month of playtime :)

Um.... RC and CDD, what are you guys on about ?!

M

Mattitracks

It would help alot if you could give me names, I knew alot of people on there, but of course in these days we were still out figuring which pieces of the stone of immortality were large enough to host lore and inspire loyalty.

To give you a clue as to my contribution it would be very hard, but lets say that I was one very hopeful kid that thought he would enter a lore rich world with unique characters that were played by the creators of the server, or people with powers and imagination, which created unique quests to keep the world and economy alive.

However, Richard Garriott did not plan his project well obviously, because there were so many bugs that I have seen their first attempts at quests being thwarted by hackers who killed them (they weren't invulnerable to keep things with a certain degree of realism) and made the servers crash etc etc... why they did that noone knew, Mondain's accolytes perhaps ! But they did it over and over... until they abandoned the project to fix the bugs... and they worked HARD on that...

So that was my first contribution, in the beta testing I was reporting at least a bug every day, they incorporated my suggestions and pondered my remarks about balance. We had tournaments to test out the new settings, etc... I am one of the most important bug finders in the history of UO, that means that yes indeed, I could not resist to use some of them for my own purpose, but not at first, not during beta.
Huh what? I dunno bro... This just sounds like bull**** to me. Maybe it isn't, but it sure sounds like it. It also sounds like you have some idea of you being more important than you really were... There's a bunch of other statements you made that I wanted to reply to, but I'm going to hold back and just ask about this one. Hackers? Do you really believe that the players who murdered British, had anything to do with the random server crashes that happened during beta? I can tell you with 100% certainty that they didn't. In fact, the whole PK'ing of British was more of "luck" than full on abuse of a bug. Others might contradict what I have to say, but the truth is they have no clue what they're talking about. It's fairly easy to spot these folks though, because they normally claim to have known "Rainz" and to have ran w/ him. Well Rainz was a underdeveloped char that Aqua just happened to be on at the time because his main was dead. The whole thing was by chance, he stole a scroll and used it. Noone thought it was going to work. If it had been planned out, he surely wouldn't have relied on stealing a scroll to cast the spell that offed Garriot.

Like I said, you very well might be telling the truth. Well, what you perceive as the truth. You just have a very distorted sense of it. Yes that particular group of players used some exploits, but they weren't hackers, and also didn't abuse bugs to the level you claim. I know someone might point to the interview done w/ Aquaman/rainz a few years ago, but he was running off ego at the time and embellished his importance in relation to the scheme of things. I'm going to end this reply now. I could easily go into far greater detail of the happenings of that day and many others, but I just don't see the point. A few years ago, I might have, but as lame as it sounds, I also used to believe that because of my involvement in certain events that it somehow made me more important than I really was/am. Now I just find it embarrassing that I used to have such a mindset.

M

Mattitracks

Damn. Disregard the parts of my last reply that were negative. I'm tired right now and don't feel like editing it until the morning. I realize though that I can be abit harsh with my replies and I'm sorry for that. I need to learn to be abit kinder or I'm going to have everyone thinking I'm a jerk. Well, this might come as a shock but I'm really not!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok man... I knew Rainz and some of the skunk crew too... they were all pretty much jerks. The level of bug abusing goes beyond what people saw first hand... there were many inner circles with bugs that worked for a looong time. The economy was broken, the whole game suffered because of this.

I myself emptied over 100 houses (and that is nothing compared to AoD members) of their content (sorry about that, really am) with the stupid house breaking in bug with gates and sacs of flour... you can bet that the devs were working HARD on fixing these instead of developping the story... British murder was a fun occurance in retrospect. As you have read my memory came back in chunks, mainly distorted but overall it seems that yes indeed, somehow I was more important, not to the game, not to the players... but to Xorinia.

Which always brings up the question again, did it really exist ? So whichever way you look at it more truth is bound to surface...

http://web.archive.org/web/19990128050905/www.iamlost.com/wisps/

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you must be thinking... yet more of those "Dragons" in semi-obscure associations that portray themselves as spiritually rich and philosophically deep.

Hmm hmm... to me this is long demystified and clear. I sure look forward to seeing you all in the garden. But don't trust me blindly, you have to find your ways, Xorinia seems to love parading as me and leading fools to their end... the child sure grew fast !

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know you if you were the Raistlin I knew with Nick.

I met Nick when I had the only chest that was never taken on Atlantic.

It was in Yew.

I once gave you some silver quarter staffs if you are that Raistlin.

Tif was my good friend til the end.

I was the Arch Companion for the west.

I knew every GM there was at that time.

I was in charge of keeping all the Companion records. So, if you were in the Companion program I knew you.

I am ACB. I was the only person ever in the Companion program to use his actual main character name. We had to have a meeting for me to be allowed to use it. LOL We had meetings about everything.

I had hmm 20 Lords and Ladies in AMT, and I kept the stone for years.

I don't know if you're really that person, but there are still some of us around. I guess we just don't make a whole lot of noise these days...

I think one of my greatest actual achievements was I killed a Crimson Dragon with one other person in Trinsic. You know how at the end they would always kill the spawn, and leave the dragons. My young son loves the Trinsic spawn, and it would always be jacked up for days. So, I was cleaning out the spawn when we killed it. Everyone left, but this girl I don't know. She was like I'd really like to kill that dragon. I said I can kill it, but I need a cu-sidhe to get it off me while I do it. So, we did...

I never did die that day.

I killed it with an archer, Banker Smurf.

I think I know you, but I'm not sure.

It was weird I came over here, I've never noticed this forum before.

Tif and I were old. Nick was very young.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great ! It's working, of course its me ! Who else could be so nervous about so many things and simultaneously be seeminly ridiculing himself because noone will acknowledge anything anymore and he can't do anything 'bout it ! :p

I do remember the staves, I owe you 'one' :) Things went so fast back then...

So you were there when we played on pacific while atlantic was down, thats beta-release summer right ? I do remember you very clearly friend :D

You probably remember me from the companion program since Nikademus and GM Datura told you that I would not be signing the papers or attend the meetings and that I would be the only exeption... my companion name was Samuel... and I was outwordly angry hehe.

You say you got the AMT stone for years ? Before Virullord came ? (still hazy part of the timeline in my mind)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is starting to be very fun... I indulge :

[Empath Abbey, Bank]

Keuldan Vraal: Look at it closely

You see: a daemonic sword

Gargish Dragon: Hail again

Keuldan Vraal: Hello again Gargish

Keuldan Vraal: bank Keuldan Vraal: take a look at this

You see: The Will of Deamonic Forces, Vol I

Keuldan Vraal: as far as I know its a one of a kind

Brouney: how does it cut?

Keuldan Vraal: not well actually

Keuldan Vraal: I think it is only a show piece

Gargish Dragon: Most interesting

Brouney: have you slain anything with it?

Keuldan Vraal: do you recognize it?

Keuldan Vraal: nay I dont use it in combat

Gargish Dragon: there are some familiar syllables

Keuldan Vraal: I fear its loss

Brouney: aye it does look good

Brouney: fare well

Gargish Dragon: Xorinian?

Keuldan Vraal: I dont think so, although I know little of that language, if any at all . I have two more. any ideas?

Gargish Dragon: It is a strange language

Keuldan Vraal: this one has an interesting picture of a daemon talking to a wisp - and this one has a picture of the very sword that I weild

Gargish Dragon: It is strange

Keuldan Vraal: aye

Gargish Dragon: The second book has pictures of a demon city - Where did you obtain your sword, mylord?

Keuldan Vraal: It was a gift from the House of Elym for finding their mother, and in the process..those books also

Gargish Dragon: Did they tell you something about the origin of the sword?

Keuldan Vraal: Nay - they only said it was an old family heirloom

Gargish Dragon: What is this House of Elym?

Keuldan Vraal: I am sorry Gargish - where where we?

Gargish Dragon: Well.. I asked you what is house of Elym is . I have never heard of it before.

Keuldan Vraal: ah yes a family here there are a bit reclusive
Ohh... lookie

The second Dragon meeting!
This picture shows the second dragon meeting in the UDIC hall in Rivendell. Daedric Dragon had invited all Ultima Dragons and some of their friends to this meeting. Its main focus was on roleplaying. There are several guilds in Britannia which emphasize roleplaying. Present where the Knights and Merchants of Rivendell, many of which are Dragons, and Octal Dragon with the Sunset Knights.
Other guilds trying to improve ropleplaying are the Lost Order of Akalabet, the Tiger Knights Battallion, the Seekers of the Wisps, and the Order of the Ebon Skull.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The second Dragon meeting!
This picture shows the second dragon meeting in the UDIC hall in Rivendell. Daedric Dragon had invited all Ultima Dragons and some of their friends to this meeting. Its main focus was on roleplaying. There are several guilds in Britannia which emphasize roleplaying. Present where the Knights and Merchants of Rivendell, many of which are Dragons, and Octal Dragon with the Sunset Knights.
Other guilds trying to improve ropleplaying are the Lost Order of Akalabet, the Tiger Knights Battallion, the Seekers of the Wisps, and the Order of the Ebon Skull.
This was a really good meeting. I was really impressed with the RP that evolved from the lost oder of akalabeth and the order of the ebon skull, who's remnants still thrine, and legecy remains preserved.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You meant still "thine" ?

Because I was the last standing of the Oes... I stood in the empty golgotha for hours wondering what went wrong, it was all friendly, all in good fun. But I didn't want to hear the truth... someone could have made me deaf from yelling in my ear but I would have none of it.

I'm surprised that after all this you still come honor my presence so...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember also that Caramon Majere from SK ignored me from day one, it was pretty funny because I had a few chances to force him to react to me (Raistlin is Caramon's twin brother in dragonlance novels), I now know why all these people shied away from me...

I also know why there was about a dozen of SK and LOA when my murderer brainbug got killed... I was treasoned...

I found some pretty relevant old books on atlantic... but my goal is not to make everyone insane, pun intended. :cursing:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh no, i meant THRIVE.
im RPing with OES right now.

some sort of peace talks before a fight breaks out or something.
im so borde setting up camp im checkin stratics.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a far split of a typo :) But I'm playing... don't worry about my ego cracking, it's waterproof with science.

Oes thriving hmm ? I doubt it, when Azalin shied away, we had some pretty philosophical convos which led to pretty wild conclusion. Do they juggle with blackrock too ?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a far split of a typo :) n instead of v?

Oes thriving hmm ? I doubt it, when Azalin shied away, we had some pretty philosophical convos which led to pretty wild conclusion. Do they juggle with blackrock too ?
I said the remnants thrive. Azalin was still rping with oes after they disbanded.
OES isnt going anywhere. regardless of the title. Oblivion is all that matters to them.

No, no blackrock.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every time I come onto stratics this thread seems to have continued... yet no matter how many times I've delved into it, I am never the wiser

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is obviously not about knowledge, but sentience ; you are a quitter anyways.

Azalin is still around hmm ? Where is all this happy mingling going on ?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

ACB:

Weren't you in PoV around the time the Second Age trunk event was going on? I seem to recall you and Dalamar and Byron and Kendrexil and Sexecutioner being the ones that did not allow the trunk to be captured. My memory is not what it once was, so maybe you were just there when PoV was...but seeing your name here, it really makes me think you were a member. Back then, there was also me, and Xabolix, and Mr Clean, amongst others.

I recall us getting in some trouble over that trunk event not wrapping up when it was supposed to, but most of that was due to Sexecutioner's mouth. ;)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely now the great guiders of the worlds existance, the wisp, are now fully aware of the chaos that must be unleashed. For this has all come to Cear in dream.

This is the will of Xorinia. Sanctioned and Ordained.

Right ? :sleep2:

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Surely now the great guiders of the worlds existance, the wisp, are now fully aware of the chaos that must be unleashed. For this has all come to Cear in dream.

This is the will of Xorinia. Sanctioned and Ordained.

Right ? :sleep2:
yeah, I was all dreaming and stuff, and their lke CEAR! Plant the runes at the shrines first!
I was like ok!
Then I didi that and when i set this thing off,

The beam split and fountained onto all the shrines.
two days later all of the shrines were invaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.