• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

F

feath

Answering my own question; can you get all four seeds from a group, off of 1 monster within that group. answer; yes.
i got lucky. each of my monster seeds gave me at least 1 of each plant type in that group.

antlions; snowdrops, juniper bush, short hedge, plain cypress tree

titan; foxglove, orfluer, hops (, cactus

wisps; poppies, cattails, spider, water lily

this confirms spreadsheets i've seen, and maybe adds some data.

F

Finch

Yeah, I'm happy I only have to fight 4 out of this 12 monsters. Plague Beast had annoyed me for long, bugging me in the swamp when I was hunting for spinded leather, mow I got a reason to kill them, that's nice.

I wish the Dark Wisps on Siege had seed too, they are damn annoying and there is far to many of them. At least there are a few blue Wisps in the swamp too.

I never really enjoyed fighting monsters but at least the Ant Lion is good for bones too, I did not know that so I learned something.

Now I need to kill some Titans or Tsuki Wolf to get seed from the last group.
Ant lions are also good for fert dirt and the wolves drop good gold. Other than the plants not giving many resources, or reproducing seeds at the least, it is a very well thought out project.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having a problem with taking care of the plants once they bloom, they can only be watered and cared for if they are in my pack. Was this intentional or a bug created by EA?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lastest version of the my plant chart, quick overview, small enough to have floating around my desk:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well done Umfufu, your new plant chart is perfect, thanks alot.

Y

Yalp

I have been keeping a journal on my plants and the monsters they
come from and the only thing I can add to this so far is:
Tsuki Wolf-Lily pads and Cactus

I have 7 more from the Wolves getting ready to bloom tomorrow
or Saturday.
You got Water Lilly from Tsuki? That is a new development for our trends... can you confirm that?

Y

Yalp

I am having a problem with taking care of the plants once they bloom, they can only be watered and cared for if they are in my pack. Was this intentional or a bug created by EA?
no clue if its intended.. but it's definitely a pain!

Y

Yalp

The lastest version of the my plant chart, quick overview, small enough to have floating around my desk:

wonderful! A chart for the left brain peeps and the right brain peeps too! Everyone should be happy! .. except with the lockdown bug, and cross pollinating, and coloring, and plant type, and monsters needing to be hunted, and insurance in fel, and greaters dragons in pvp... hee hee!

D

Deb

You got Water Lilly from Tsuki? That is a new development for our trends... can you confirm that?
I had 3 bloom...I will have 4 more new babies tomorrow, so will post
here what blooms. I have been using the ideas here, labeled pouches
a journal, etc.
But, seeing as no one else has gotten them off of Tsukis I hope I didnt
confuse those 2 pouches (Tsuki and Hiryu) on Day one.:eek::eek:
Everything else
is like the chart. I will have 5 more bloom on Monday which I know
100% on Tsuki Seeds.:)

Y

Yalp

I had 3 bloom...I will have 4 more new babies tomorrow, so will post
here what blooms. I have been using the ideas here, labeled pouches
a journal, etc.
But, seeing as no one else has gotten them off of Tsukis I hope I didnt
confuse those 2 pouches (Tsuki and Hiryu) on Day one.:eek::eek:
Everything else
is like the chart. I will have 5 more bloom on Monday which I know
100% on Tsuki Seeds.:)
thx deb.. be sure to let us all know if your tsuki is giving something outside what we think is it's group.... that is why I've just been checking the reports coming in.. to see if the pattern continues to hold... so its' good information!

S

Seasseragh

Thanks Umfufu! - So far everything I got fits nicely into your diagram.

M

Millie

Don't know if this will help but I planted 5 seeds of each of these monsters and this is how they came out,

Kappas= 2 Hops, 2 Tall Hedges and 1 Mossy Cypress Tree

Mummy= 4 Juniper Bushes, and 1 Short Hedge

Ant Lion= 1 Scattered Snowdrop, 1 Juniper Bush, 1 Plain Cypress Tree and 2 Short Hedges

Terathan Drone = 1 Scattered Poppies, 1 Cat Tail, 1 Water Lilly, 1 Spider Tree, and 1 seed disappeared the 2 nd day.

Wisp= 1 Cat Tail, 3 Water Lillys and 1 Spider Tree

Plaque Beast = 1 Tall Hedge, 2 Mossy Cypress Tree, 1 Sugar Cane and 1 Water Lilly

Titan = 2 Cactus and 3 Foxgloves

Juka mage = 3 Tall Hedges and 2 Sugar Canes

Serpentine Dragon = 2 Short Hedges, 2 Plain Cypress Tree and 1 Juniper Bush

Dryad = 2 Foxgloves, 2 Hops and 1 Scattered Orfluer Flower

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
wonderful! A chart for the left brain peeps and the right brain peeps too! Everyone should be happy! .. except with the lockdown bug, and cross pollinating, and coloring, and plant type, and monsters needing to be hunted, and insurance in fel, and greaters dragons in pvp... hee hee!
LOL

monsters needing to be hunted is ok
insurance in fel, not a problem on my shard :lick:
greaters dragons in pvp, that need a fix badly :(
the lockdown bug will be fixed
cross pollinating, I hope not
coloring, I hope not
plant type, I too have some wishes for the future.

Together with more plants with resources :)

K

Kyrie_Elaison

LOL

monsters needing to be hunted is ok
insurance in fel, not a problem on my shard :lick:
greaters dragons in pvp, that need a fix badly :(
the lockdown bug will be fixed
cross pollinating, I hope not
coloring, I hope not
plant type, I too have some wishes for the future.

Together with more plants with resources :)
I'll second these. Plus we need sugar to produce resources.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted flax to be one of the plants I was sad it wasn't.

And while getting cocoa plants is nice, unless they make it where we can get vanilla and sugar from plants then we still have to hunt paragons. I would rather not have to fight paragons to make chocolate that doesn't do anything. If it done something when you ate it then it might be worth the time fighting paragons for ingrediants but as it is now it is just not worth it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love all those new suggestions for more plants. I want banana plants! And flax!

F

feath

Now to throw another twist into things I just got a blue seed from my cocoa tree plant.
since we were told none of the plants will be 'colored', we can assume that the tree wont be blue. I kind of feel it's just a blue colored seed that will grow into a normal coco tree.

grow it quick, and lets find out!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure that we can make that assumption, having seen the blaze coloured cactus on the other thread.

F

feath

Not sure that we can make that assumption, having seen the blaze coloured cactus on the other thread.
as well, i just got to the coco seed thread....
i wonder if the code mutated somehow. where the old and new code are crashing together to make totally unexpected results.
example; code for naturalist quest; view folder 'all plant types' and change color to 'fire'. or however code works ;)

C

Ceridwen

Also curious and can't wait to solve this "mystery"....

Feath, good idea... since who nowadays still knows what lies in the depths of the coding of UO...

F

Finch

I'm hunting Kappas, Tsuki Wolves, Wisps and Ant Lions.

I'm hunting Kappas mostly in the Crane Marsh - pretty safe if you stay near the coastline. They leave puddles of acid when they die, but this disappears quickly.

I'm using a Cu to hunt Tsuki Wolves - these can get a bit tricky though if too many spawn at once, so you may want to lead them off one at a time or else you can get swamped when multiple wolves spawn.

I found wisps and ant lions to be the easiest for me from the other two groups - there are a couple of spots for ant lions down in the solen tunnels, and I also am hunting wisps near Wisp Circle, since there are a lot of them there.

I'd tried mummies and titans previously, but couldn't find a place where they spawned frequently enough for my liking. I tried hiryus - for about an hour ;) Got tired of dying, and switched to the wisps.
A well trained Cu can handle the wolves pretty easy, I have had up to three wolves on my cu and he does really well. Like those they drop decent gold and seeds. Wish the ant lions would spawn faster, those would be great for seeds AND dirt, with an ore bonus. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gardeners are a passionate bunch, that's for sure.... I think the last time a thread grew this fast was during the Inu events :)

I've had nothing bloom outside the charts posted here, it looks as tho all of this hard work has nailed it down

and thank you everyone for the pics, hints, charts and community effort... great job and I applaud you all

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I would also like to see the addition of corn. It would go perfect with my garden. :love:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A well trained Cu can handle the wolves pretty easy, I have had up to three wolves on my cu and he does really well. :)
Mine is pretty much untrained, but he tries hard!

I really need to train him up...now I feel guilty for neglecting him ;)

F

Flora Green

I know I'm behind, but I can also verify the following in case there are any lingering doubts.

Mummy: Short Hedge(4), Snowdrops(5), Juniper Bush(2), Cypress-Plain(5)
Kappa: Tall Hedge(6), Sugar Canes(2), Cypress-Moss(1), Hops-Left(1)
Titan: Orfluer(1), Cactus(3), Hops-Right(1), Foxglove(2)

F

Finch

Mine is pretty much untrained, but he tries hard!

I really need to train him up...now I feel guilty for neglecting him ;)
:) He will get there. I never take much time at all to train pets, just keep working up things they can handle. I have found I hunt with my Cu first, if need be bump up to my Grtr Drag but I don't always want to take the time to walk. :)

V

Vahne

Does anyone know if the seed ratios are different for different monsters?
I've collected ~20 seeds off of several monsters on the list. Here is what I have so far.

Mummy
Snowdrops x 4
Small Hedge x 9
Twisted Cypress x 3
Juniper Bush x 3​
Serpent Dragon
Snowdrops x 2
Small Hedge x 7
Twisted Cypress x 6
Juniper Bush x 4​
Antlion
Snowdrops x 4
Small Hedge x 9
Twisted Cypress x 3
Juniper Bush x 3​
Tsuki Wolf
Left Hops x 5
Orfluer Flowers x 2
Foxglove x 9
Flowering Cactus x 5​
Dryad
Left Hops x 7
Orfluer Flowers x 7
Foxglove x 4
Flowering Cactus x 2​
Hiryu
Spider Tree x 6
Poppies x 7
Water Lilly x 5
Cattails x 2​
Kappa
Right Hops x 3
Large Hedge x 8
Sugar Cane x 6
Tall Cypress x 3​

F

feath

I don't think we've done any research on that, yet. I think, though, some different people have posted different results - such as 'such and such monster seemed to drop 75% of the time' while other people have said 'a different such and such monster seemed to drop only 25% of the time'.
but this is just vague memories of all the posts that have gone up since this started.

my own pet theory is, the faster a monster spawns, the more likely you'll get seeds from it. or if you're in an area where there are lots of them, combined with faster spawn rates. example; i got tons of seeds from wisps in wisp dungeon. where i got few kappa seeds, cause there's only a few of them, and the spawn rate is slow.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure this will be of any interest to anyone, but thought I'd throw it out there just in case anyone is contemplating killing serpentine dragons for the new seeds. I took a greater hiryu and a pack llama with me this morning and killed 35 regular ones and 3 paragons.

The first seed showed up in the corpse of the first paragon, which was the 6th or 7th dragon that spawned. (Was beginning to wonder if things were bugged by the time that seed showed up!) In total, I got 21 seeds from those 38 dragons: 2 fragrant from paragons, 1 pecular from a paragon, 5 fragrant from regular serpentines, and 13 peculiar from regular serpentines.

In addition to seeds, I also got 46k of gold, 836 barbed leather, 102 black dragon scales and 126 silver dragon scales. No Ilshenar arties (of course). One sack of sugar. (Luck on that tamer is at 680 if that's meaningful to you.)

My tamer was pretty well maxed on karma when I started (glorious and not gaining a lot of karma off most anything). She hit "eminent" after killing the 38th dragon and I figured she didn't have much more karma to spare, so we booked out of there. As far as honor goes, she has been at the 3rd dot of honor in the Follower path and did gain honor off the paragons, but not the regular dragons.

The greater hiryu killed the serpentine dragons with ease. (The serpentine dragons are pretty low strength but have lots of hit points and some of their mage-type skills are fairly high and they have decent dex and intelligence.)

F

Flora Green

feath,

I also collected a lot of seeds off of Wisps as well as from Terathan Warriors and Mummies. The least amount was from Tsuki Wolves of the creatures I've hunted so far.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to note the out come of my blue seed gathered from my cocoa tree.

It came out as a blue bulrushes plant and seems to act like any other blue bulrushes in the fact it is producing seeds and can be polinated. :(

T

Teeshy

All of them do =) All monsters that drop seeds for the new plants ("peculiar seeds") also drop seeds for the cocoa tree ("fragrant seed")

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are KR pics of some of the new plants. I really like the spider plant. :D

Thanks for posting these for KR pioneers - all the 2D shots weren't much use to me, now I know which ones to hope for... that spider plant is wow!

D

Devilicious

I am trying to find out if there are any new seeds. I got a bunch of seeds the other day and I just planted them a couple days ago and I notice one says Bamboo seed. Now is this new? I have not found anything about it on here. *sits and watches it as it grows*

D

Devilicious

*Kicks the damn ground* Damn and I thought we were getting new plants. Thanks for the understanding.