• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Official Abyss Home Auction Thread **CLOSED**

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Re: Official Abyss Home Auction Thread

The house will belong to Siege... well most of Siege. *laughs*

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How do you know if I win, that it wouldn't be public?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

It is worth it to me. Dead or not we still play here.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Kelmo...i'll toss in 5 mill Siege for the project

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If my account was still open, I would donate enough gold to more than double your bid, Kelmo. I wish there one of those promotions going on that lets previous players login for free. :sad3:

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OH SNAP!!! The Enigma account is open!!! **goes off in search of the stash of checks**

well.... that is, after my laptop downloads all of the patches since the summer!

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How do you know if I win, that it wouldn't be public?
no offense , but how do we know it wont ? (i dont know you)
i know kelmo has been a trusted member of this community for years , and fully believe he will keep it public .

you may well be a very nice person , but what gold i have is going to back kelmo .

i do however wish you well . if you do win i hope you join our little family and not just hold the house as a trophy.
(it likely wont hold your interest long if you dont use it)

mind you, it takes a hearty soul to withstand the rigors of life on siege.
many come here with good intentions, then wind up selling things off to someone less reputable.

we're pretty sure kelmo will be here for the long haul.

:cheerleader:

go team kelmo !

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

OH SNAP!!! The Enigma account is open!!! **goes off in search of the stash of checks**

well.... that is, after my laptop downloads all of the patches since the summer!
*hopes for the best*

:)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ty for the invite to Siege and being so polite about it. I am not new to Siege nor is this a passing fancy. I have over 40 skills worked up ( not bought I raised them). , and own a Siege Luna house. my family has played here on Siege for quite sometime. Sprago, T.K. and Fusion. As well a couple friends in RL all in Sprago's guild. I4nI. But ty again for speaking kindly I understand your point.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If my account was still open, I would donate enough gold to more than double your bid, Kelmo. I wish there one of those promotions going on that lets previous players login for free. :sad3:
I will donate a gametime code if it means you can double Kelmo's bid.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've put in, via PM to Kelmo, what I can. Not much but i hope it helps :)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alright, it's coming down to the wire.

Siege/Atlantic community has pulled together 115mil on siege and 350mill on ATL. With the transfer rate I established earlier that is approximately 692mill on ATL.

Babydoll has managed to take the lead with an astounding 900mill bid on LS and transfer tokens to get the gold to ATL.

At the end of the day folks it comes down to who's paying the most. I've done deals with both parties before and like ya both. However, it's business and it comes down to money.

Goodluck.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am totally out of the loop on prodo shard/siege gold rates. How much gold do we need on Siege to overtake the other offers?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

which matters more? Siege gold or Atlantic? Do Atlantic items count? You get seven characters there...

We still have a few days... *smiles* This poker game ain't over.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

I am totally out of the loop on prodo shard/siege gold rates. How much gold do we need on Siege to overtake the other offers?
Well the 3 to 1 ratio is not right. Six or seven is more accurate.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well the 3 to 1 ratio is not right. Six or seven is more accurate.
Atlantic matters way more. And you say 6 or 7? Where do you get these figures from?

Are there any brokers out there currently? I've only used one which was cybernickel and he hasn't responded to my ICQ for last couple days. Being out of loop from the game for so long, last I heard it was 1 to 3...

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1/3 is way low for a transfer from siege to ATL, every person I've seen transfer gold to ATL it's been closer to 1/5 - 1/6.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Just checked his site. 4.69 gets you 1 million on Siege. 4.99 gets you five on any other shard. I may get an infraction out of this... I am ok with that. 6 to 1.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just checked his site. 4.69 gets you 1 million on Siege. 4.99 gets you five on any other shard. I may get an infraction out of this... I am ok with that. 6 to 1.
hes the seller kelmo who do you think you are to tell him his ratio doesnt fit you. babydoll is offering him what he wants your offering him siege gold and then asking him to take less in the transaction wrong way to do business isnt it

T

Tazar

It's called negotiating Sprago... and when there is an established exchange rate - it is very appropriate to bring it up.

One other consideration here is that there are a lot of Atlantic folks helping out here that could also help Freelsy get established on his new shard of choice... Babydoll can't do that from LS. You can't put a price on that.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And just what can't 900m and tranfer tokens not do that you and ur friends can do? Freelsy dictated terms at the get go. Can't cry foul now.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*jingles a bag of quatloo's*

Don't forget to add in my donation!

Scribes count right?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

One other consideration here is that there are a lot of Atlantic folks helping out here that could also help Freelsy get established on his new shard of choice... Babydoll can't do that from LS. You can't put a price on that.
This!

V

Vaelix

** Also as a Note on this 900m LS Bid **

Unless the gold is xfered prior to the exchange, Asty is looking at either having to risk 700 Mil on Packys to xfer it.. (I do not like the thought of 700 Mil on Packys during an xfer, but Im paranoid) *This method still requires 2 Xfer tokens (40M or 24$)*

or spend

100 Mil or 60 Dollars in xfer tokens to use the 5 characters this would otherwise require.

Just a thought.

(Unless of course, Ive forgotten something, at that point this could be considered "Talking out of my ass")

T

Tazar

And just what can't 900m and tranfer tokens not do that you and ur friends can do? Freelsy dictated terms at the get go. Can't cry foul now.
Not crying foul at all... but some things just can't have a price put on them.

Friends...
The good will of the Shard's community leaders...
Nudges from "the network" whenever EM events are happening...
Access to the shard's best rune-libraries...
Access to the shard's best tamers/pets...

and more...

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

** Also as a Note on this 900m LS Bid **

Unless the gold is xfered prior to the exchange, Asty is looking at either having to risk 700 Mil on Packys to xfer it.. (I do not like the thought of 700 Mil on Packys during an xfer, but Im paranoid) *This method still requires 2 Xfer tokens (40M or 24$)*

or spend

100 Mil or 60 Dollars in xfer tokens to use the 5 characters this would otherwise require.

Just a thought.

(Unless of course, Ive forgotten something, at that point this could be considered "Talking out of my ass")
lol dude he has been watching the auction on this house hes likes whats being offered he knows hes gonna get a nice price on LS

what risk is there to be taken, the game has been doing transfer tokens for some time now there isnt any risk in transfering shards

and what is he gonna do with the siege gold hope and pray that people actually want to transfer gold to siege hmm i think his gold will get to atlantic alot faster and safer from LS

just a thought

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not crying foul at all... but some things just can't have a price put on them.

Friends...
The good will of the Shard's community leaders...
Nudges from "the network" whenever EM events are happening...
Access to the shard's best rune-libraries...
Access to the shard's best tamers/pets...

and more...
lol he has all that already your assuming hes new, hes not.

now hes looking for a good price and thats what babydoll is offering and shes not begging to change his rates to fit her needs she is selling the house for him and hes overseeing the auction for luna house he knows first hand whats goin on with babydolls deal.

V

Vaelix

lol dude he has been watching the auction on this house hes likes whats being offered he knows hes gonna get a nice price on LS

what risk is there to be taken, the game has been doing transfer tokens for some time now there isnt any risk in transfering shards

and what is he gonna do with the siege gold hope and pray that people actually want to transfer gold to siege hmm i think his gold will get to atlantic alot faster and safer from LS

just a thought
The logic that you should of taken from my post is.. *AS A NOTE* that the LS deal will at a Minimum cost 40 Mil and at maximum (Not even actually) 100 Mil to get the gold to ALT, Based on how he handles it, *Unless* a broker is involved.

Aka the offer isnt 900 Million flat, its 900 Million *LS* Gold (With most likely the XFer fees/ect comming out of Astys end, unless something is worked out prior to the deal, or whatever you can think of.)

Thats all..

(And before you think of some hidden agenda on my part, Why in gods name would i try to sabotage asty, he is the biggest treasure chest I currently have my hand in. :))

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:lol: This is funny. Have you ever x-sharded before? I have personally lost packies with items before and there's ALWAYS risk with EA and their ridiculous services.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

xtranfer tokens not an issue if he wants more tokens for a safer secure tranfer all he needs to do is ask. And good point on priceing tokens so instead of looking at 900m and 2 tokens, it should read 940m. Just looks better don't ya think?

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol he has all that already your assuming hes new, hes not.

now hes looking for a good price and thats what babydoll is offering and shes not begging to change his rates to fit her needs she is selling the house for him and hes overseeing the auction for luna house he knows first hand whats goin on with babydolls deal.
No one is begging to change rates to "fit" their needs, merely to more accurately reflect the offer. If Siege gold actually gets you more Atlantic gold than 3-1 then I think it's only fair to reflect that and not inaccurately represent the true offer. At the end of the day, like OP said, it's about the highest offer and it's only fair to compare apples to apples.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And if Freesly wants me to transfer there I will. I have no problem paying for the trip there , Ill make it a shopping trip and bring back things for LS. If there is good deals to be had. So np there.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:lol: This is funny. Have you ever x-sharded before? I have personally lost packies with items before and there's ALWAYS risk with EA and their ridiculous services.
yes actually i have and i didnt loose a damn thing you guys act like we are all new we understand and game mechanics we are not making any hail mary plays here we are straight forward with our offer.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No one is begging to change rates to "fit" their needs, merely to more accurately reflect the offer. If Siege gold actually gets you more Atlantic gold than 3-1 then I think it's only fair to reflect that and not inaccurately represent the true offer. At the end of the day, like OP said, it's about the highest offer and it's only fair to compare apples to apples.
he dictated at the start of this auction what his terms are so in this case thats what the transfer rate is so asking to change that is to begging to fit needs you dont see us trying to change his rate transfer do ya we are even offerin transfer some of it.

LOL im gonna quit posting fior awhile asty isnt stupid all the begging and pleeding isnt gonna change anything hes gonna except the offer he wants hes gona take the offer that give him the greatest amount with the least amount of hassles

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not even speaking about this deal. I am merely laughing at the ridiculousness of your comment that there "isn't any risk in transferring shards." That's some funny stuff :hahaha:

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

he dictated at the start of this auction what his terms are so in this case thats what the transfer rate is so asking to change that is to begging to fit needs you dont see us trying to change his rate transfer do ya we are even offerin transfer some of it.
Yes he did, however if Kelmo can legitimately transfer Siege gold over for more Atlantic gold, then that raises his offer, doesn't it? Just trying to be fair with offers, that's all. I know you want the house but may the best man win, right?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ummm not exactly best man >>>> best woman.

V

Vaelix

And if Freesly wants me to transfer there I will. I have no problem paying for the trip there , Ill make it a shopping trip and bring back things for LS. If there is good deals to be had. So np there.
This right here is why I said something in the first place, if I hadnt this potential part of the deal could of never came up and thus asty would of gotten a slightly worse deal..

Thanks sprago.

(Please note that, it is true that I would personally never trust 700 Mil to an EA XFer with packys, but as I said, its because I am paranoid, but on the flip side, that exact same paranoia has prevented me from being "Screwed Over" at any point during my time on UO)

Lets say its at .50 Cent a Pop, 700 Mil is looking at 350 Dollars.. There is no way that *I* would risk that in packys during a transfer, some might, but guess what.. IF for some crazy reason something Did happen.. I would of been prepared.. They would not.

D

Daleth

How Much would i get in trade for Daleth my wife? could I get some credit for her? she cooks very well, and has a good job:thumbup:
Asty what will you give me for Elmer? He's handy around the house, has a great sense of humor, plays a mean UO, and will soon be needing a new place to stay. LOL
:cursing:

E

Elmer Fudd

Asty what will you give me for Elmer? He's handy around the house, has a great sense of humor, plays a mean UO, and will soon be needing a new place to stay. LOL
:cursing:
You Better be quiet over there, im working on getting you a bran new home with a wonderful view.....lol

T

Tazar

best man >>>> best woman.
Yep... I like how you use those "Greater than" symbols to show that in this case, the best man is greater than the best woman.

Currently, we have more funds available on Atlantic than your total bid - plus as mentioned above - there is "other consideration" that has been offered including prime housing plots, etc. It's only a question of how far Kelmo needs to go to win. If you really want it, you'd better start digging deeper for a lot more gold...

T

Tazar

btw... prime housing spots include a Ter-Mur 18x18 or even an ice-isle castle worth 1 billion.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL Best woman >>>> not best man. Ya I know I undertsand ya SHH!. All is good.

T

Tazar

Sorry... I had to... those greater than symbols were too good to pass up. :p