• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not able to stay logged in on Official Forums

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IMO if they don't step up and start treating players better they could lose them... however, they seem to know that most of what's left of the players will stay no matter how awful they treat them or how horribly they do their "jobs"... as in doing the absolute barest of minimum to keep going.
1674479254783.png

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Almost 9 am at headquarters why is it still down??? I hate seeing the game i love driven into the ground by the stooges..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@MalagAste while I am agree with you on lack of communication from UO staff , especially in bugs forum, there are lots of things I can praise them for. They generate content I am playing, even it is reskinned ToT events . There are some rewards I don't like by different reasons : not powerful enough , too powerful , does nothing , does not what I expected, too hard or too easy to obtain, but those are for all players.
And honestly speaking we really should not only blame them , but also thank from time to time for things we like.
Check out two topics Kyronix made about events . While there are lots of players in dungeon , everyone uses gear from those events , that topic contain most blame and critics.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Still not staying logged in, I log in, go to a thread and it says HELLO STRANGER!

So still not 100%
*sighs*

Ohhh nevermind, just took a few tries...YAY!

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It took a few, maybe it needed to update.
I just wanted to post an official thread for the newsletter, not sure why they don't do that!

I know Kyronix reads what we post here but it would help if they post it to their forums.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back up remember it's a dictatorship ran byva narcissist otherwise the janitor could have renewed ..
So since it is renewed. You think she did it?

The person who does nothing according to posters.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The site is once again secure, and I am back to my original problem. i have tried several times and it will not stay logged in between pages. i have tried clearing cache etc. no luck. It is user error somehow though because my phone will stay logged in.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The site is once again secure, and I am back to my original problem. i have tried several times and it will not stay logged in between pages. i have tried clearing cache etc. no luck. It is user error somehow though because my phone will stay logged in.
I had the same issue. I randomly clicked a few pages (which at first kept showing the Sign In on the left side when the page refreshed) until finally after clicking sign in on each page and clicking on my profile it finally "saved" and I was able to stay signed in.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had the same issue. I randomly clicked a few pages (which at first kept showing the Sign In on the left side when the page refreshed) until finally after clicking sign in on each page and clicking on my profile it finally "saved" and I was able to stay signed in.
it has something to do with the profile, I went to my profile and then messages and then clicked on my most recent post, all while hitting "sign in" after each click. when I went to the last post it stayed logged in. No idea why it is doing that, could be a windows thing, a Windows 11 thing, or even quit possibly just a Vic thing.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
24 hours later it signs me out of the official forum and I'm having the same issues staying logged in again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I can't stay logged in now either, it was fine yesterday :/

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Same as Larisa, yesterday it seemed okay but now it's worse again.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not operator error because it still won't let me stay logged in, I've been using it for years obviously so something is not quite right.

I log in, go to a thread, it logs me out, I click log in to comment, it logs me in, I click on my notifications and it does this
1674682198000.png

and I am logged out again

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa Try this.

Log on.
Click on your icon to bring up profile page.
Click on a thread from that.

That worked for me the two times I logged off when I opened a thread right away.
My 3 devices have been working well other than 2 mess ups in the last few days.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nope that didn't work either, I log in and when I go to my profile page I am logged out, I click log in, go to a thread and I'm logged out again lol.

AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, had to get that out lol.

I would like to offer feedback but alas I cannot :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope that didn't work either, I log in and when I go to my profile page I am logged out, I click log in, go to a thread and I'm logged out again lol.

AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, had to get that out lol.

I would like to offer feedback but alas I cannot :/
Someone said clicking notifications worked. But you probably don't get messages from the Mods like I do. :lol:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I get notifications because of the thread I made about the newsletter. I was able to at least post that but now I can't post anything.

And no I don't get negative messages anyway, usually I talk to her on Discord lol.

I have tried everything over there! That forum just doesn't like me anymore :/

I think they fixed me....*crosses fingers*

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just taken me several attempts to get in, all I can suggest is keep trying. The devs do know there's a problem
Strangely this problem doesn't seem to be affecting a certain Super Mario character. Darn it!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Still having problems myself logging in. I tried a few times to log in yesterday and today but I don't really feel like playing the random click game where I have to click on a bunch of pages randomly while clicking log in to hope it keeps me logged in. Someone let me know when they are able to stay logged in without re-clicking login a bunch of times :thumbup:

Side note... that's a hell of way to reduce a lot of negative feedback on TC1 release by not allowing people to stay logged in. :devil:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought my chrome was upto date, automatically updating, turns out it wasn't. I had to look up how to update it! it's not an obvious link

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't worry folks. The Devs are hard at work on fixing the log in problem. It will be fixed SOON!!! It's on the list to be fixed. Right after the bug fixes, the account management update, and enforcing the ToS. ;)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought my chrome was upto date, automatically updating, turns out it wasn't. I had to look up how to update it! it's not an obvious link
for those that want a little help go to the three dots, settings, search updates, click on it and let it roll.

1674761528378.png ---> 1674761568914.png ---> 1674761792095.png ---> 1674761680812.png

Attachments

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It wasn't a browser issue with me, it just all of the sudden started working. I don't do automatic updates because I want control! lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Still broken for me. I tried logging in from my work laptop which I believe is fully updated with everything and no luck there either.

Great way for the Devs to receive feedback on rewards; restrict people from staying logged in on the official forum so people can't comment on the rewards; "welp no complaints on a vet reward fishing pole with no other properties; sweet I guess we nailed it!" lol

FYI - I tried this but it didn't keep me logged in.

1674827786400.png

@Victim of Siege - Are you clicking the top comment thread name or the date or something else?

**UPDATE**

Trying to replicate the steps Vic did (which didn't work for me). I did everything he listed but instead of clicking on the top comment; I clicked on preferences in top right corner and then clicked back on my profile and it stayed logged in. I'm not sure if this was random or another way to stay logged in.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great way for the Devs to receive feedback on rewards; restrict people from staying logged in on the official forum so people can't comment on the rewards;
Maybe you are the only one too lazy to push log in 3 times. There is plenty of players asking for it to have stats for casting, slayers, luck, regens, etc.

My Silk browser never fails. Time to upgrade! :lol:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just hit me again and i fixed again, this way.

Logged in, hit my Avatar, hit sign in, clicked Comments, signed in, clicked on the top comment and did not have to sign in. it is currently keeping me logged in. I have updated (actually re-installed and checked update status again) Chrome. hope this helps them figure it out. And yes, I did post it on the official forums.
Still broken for me. I tried logging in from my work laptop which I believe is fully updated with everything and no luck there either.

Great way for the Devs to receive feedback on rewards; restrict people from staying logged in on the official forum so people can't comment on the rewards; "welp no complaints on a vet reward fishing pole with no other properties; sweet I guess we nailed it!" lol

FYI - I tried this but it didn't keep me logged in.

View attachment 139807

@Victim of Siege - Are you clicking the top comment thread name or the date or something else?

**UPDATE**

Trying to replicate the steps Vic did (which didn't work for me). I did everything he listed but instead of clicking on the top comment; I clicked on preferences in top right corner and then clicked back on my profile and it stayed logged in. I'm not sure if this was random or another way to stay logged in.
I basically just click that "pro tip: start growing . . ." link and then it doesn't ask me to sign in for 24 hours again. it is currently the top comment

1674851848198.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just hit me again and i fixed again, this way.

Logged in, hit my Avatar, hit sign in, clicked Comments, signed in, clicked on the top comment and did not have to sign in. it is currently keeping me logged in. I have updated (actually re-installed and checked update status again) Chrome. hope this helps them figure it out. And yes, I did post it on the official forums.

I basically just click that "pro tip: start growing . . ." link and then it doesn't ask me to sign in for 24 hours again. it is currently the top comment

View attachment 139885
Your computer recognizes that thread is Toxic and tries to stop you. But you must persist.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya I had to do that for a banking website a while back. Didn't programs used to use an "about" clicky to update? I needed the instructions for this one also.
Firefox tells me an update is available. I then tell it to download/install or go whistle. Any change takes effect next time I open it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think mine is permanently broken. No matter what I do, I cannot stay logged in over there.

I would love to offer feedback and comment on the upcoming events but alas, cannot.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think mine is permanently broken. No matter what I do, I cannot stay logged in over there.

I would love to offer feedback and comment on the upcoming events but alas, cannot.
I have the same difficulty getting in and staying logged in as well. Today wasn't as bad but still took kind of working through the steps me and Vic laid out above (a few times). Basically I go to the "home" screen and log in, then click discussions (log in), click my profile name (log in), click the comments on left side (log in), click my preferences and then click change picture/quote settings (doesn't require sign in), and then click "Profile" again.

I'm not sure if this is an actual "fix" to stay logged in as following the exact same steps doesn't always work but typically when I go to preferences and click around that usually does the trick after the first couple times.

Something is definitely wrong though

1675004215020.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you try FireFox yet

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was unable to log in today at all on the Vic account but tried the other and it worked fine (after doing the Hokey-Pokey Steps @Keven2002 mentions above) I am not sure what's up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

have you cleared cookies and webpages?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
have you cleared cookies and webpages?
I did. Cleared browser history, cleared Cache, cleared everything and then freaked out because I almost forgot my Stratics password :/ lol

DOH!

I have tried the circus that is Keven's *fix*

Not sure what else to try.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was okay yesterday but now I'm being kicked back out every few minutes again. It's a bit annoying for sure.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was okay yesterday but now I'm being kicked back out every few minutes again. It's a bit annoying for sure.
According to Pawain, since he doesn't have an issue on one of his devices (after doing something other than "sign in") you are doing something wrong. Go download the 4th or 5th option of internet browser while taking down your firewall and keep the lights off in your room and you should have no problem logging in.... oh and don't forget to walk around your chair 3 times... counterclockwise...rookie. Nothing to see here folks. :D

Seriously though... based on my experience (and Vic/Pawain) it seems like if you click around on the preference/create thread pages (which don't seem to kick you out) it eventually tricks the website into keeping you logged in. That's as good as I got.

You would think that the someone would see it as an issue that multiple users need to download a totally new browser or change their firewall settings to stay logged in... that's not how websites should work.

UPDATE - Kyronix has confirmed there is an issue (seemingly with cookies "mainly effecting Chrome") and the team is looking into it but sounds like it might be on Google or Vanilla to make some sort of fix.

1675083729117.png

Last edited: