• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not able to stay logged in on Official Forums

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even IF NL comes out sometime this year... next year... if they work on that the way they work on the rest of the game... then who cares...

I see it quite quickly becoming another "flip the switch" change up 2 or 3 things add more pixel crack of rehue, rename and release... nothing new nothing interesting in short order... wipe, rinse and repeat. As that seems to be the trend of late. Do as little as humanly possible grab your pay and go.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I haven't been able to log on for weeks. Tried different browsers, different computers.. no luck.

What a mess.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you try all the other things? i know it's really a pain but it has gotten better for me the last few days
I did, what's funny is I can go there and read threads without logging in, and of course I didn't see a single one letting them know about the issue...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh, that's from October , this problem just started for me recently..didn't know to look that far back, and that looks like a game login issue ?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh, that's from October , this problem just started for me recently..didn't know to look that far back, and that looks like a game login issue ?
click again, i put the wrong link in the first time. it happens

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Followed your directions exactly. Every time Howdy.
Good grief, tried again, finally hit New Discussion and it stayed logged in, clicked on another thread, logged out..hit logged in, clicked on another thread, and was able to read it as myself....clicked on reply...logged out...I give up.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good grief, tried again, finally hit New Discussion and it stayed logged in, clicked on another thread, logged out..hit logged in, clicked on another thread, and was able to read it as myself....clicked on reply...logged out...I give up.
it's a pain and i try for about 10 seconds to stay logged in and then i move on.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Silk device never had an issue. My PC had to log in a few times last year but it was working fine by the time everyone else complained. So, been there done that I'm over that trend and moved to a new one.

Phone has to click "make a new thread" then it stays logged in.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay ... silly me has a question. I see that new discussions seem to keep you logged in but moving to other threads does not. What happens if you do this:
Open a new discussion in your browser tab (Tab A)
Start a new tab in your browser (Tab B)
In Tab B, get to the forum and see if you can log in and then stay on a thread. LEAVE TAB A OPEN!

It is far from intuitive but I didn't see this posted. I will not try it ... I never have nor never will use the official place.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have never heard of such convoluted measures being necessary to stay logged on a forum, or any other online service. There is no excuse for it being this bad, let alone lack of much any communication on what is being done to resolve said issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never heard of such convoluted measures being necessary to stay logged on a forum, or any other online service. There is no excuse for it being this bad, let alone lack of much any communication on what is being done to resolve said issue.
Its like a game, you learn to win on each device.

Silk FTW!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You were one of the Roman's cheering while nero played weren't you
A smart person certainly would have cheered and enjoyed him playing the Cithara (similar to a Lyre). If you did not you would be dead soon. You forgot that you are not qualified to post about history.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No
A smart person certainly would have cheered and enjoyed him playing the Cithara (similar to a Lyre). If you did not you would be dead soon. You forgot that you are not qualified to post about history.
No you only believe in the history you choose to believe in but unless we head to unleashed I'm done

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No
No you only believe in the history you choose to believe in but unless we head to unleashed I'm done
:lol: I made two memes about you already today. If you think Nero was a nice guy then your history is off.

Ask his Mother.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I posted on the official forum to ask for an update since they've been silent on the issue for almost a month.

This was the response (today):

1677162479077.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted on the official forum to ask for an update since they've been silent on the issue for almost a month
And someone replied.

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,006Dev
7:28AM
The problem is being worked on. We are told there are several moving parts that need to be addressed and our back end team is taking care of it as priorities allow. Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And someone replied.

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,006Dev
7:28AM
The problem is being worked on. We are told there are several moving parts that need to be addressed and our back end team is taking care of it as priorities allow. Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment.
Someone replied 3 weeks later after a 3rd and 4th attempt. Get the full story straight if you are going to attempt to tell it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone replied 3 weeks later after a 3rd and 4th attempt. Get the full story straight if you are going to attempt to tell it.
So if if someone replied is not straight, what is? No one replied? The replied weeks ago also.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment" is right up there with "unplug and plug it back in" as a fix to anything.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Using Firefox is the best work around at the moment" is right up there with "unplug and plug it back in" as a fix to anything.
I have fixed many things by restarting or unplugging them and plugging back in. In many cases it is the first thing you should do when it is a computer related problem.

So explain why my and many other's PCs log in without issue, but some of your do not.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have fixed many things by restarting or unplugging them and plugging back in. In many cases it is the first thing you should do when it is a computer related problem.

So explain why my and many other's PCs log in without issue, but some of your do not.
Typical P-Stain logic. "If it works for me then it's not broken". Your pal Kyronix has already admitted there is an issue with many moving parts; aka there is an issue. Give it a break.

I guess because you have no problem getting food from the market there isn't world hunger either right?

Just curious if you actually get anything out of sucking up to the Devs and waiving your pom poms the hardest?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess because you have no problem getting food from the market there isn't world hunger either right?
If we all had the same resources and the same access to stocked stores then yes there would be no world hunger, but a child knows we do not.

Also a child understands that we all use the same internet and the same program to access it.

So what is different in the chrome you use and the chrome I use. Since I do not know if you have the latest update and cleared the cache and deleted the cookies. We can not determine why your chrome is different from mine without a direct comparison.

Download fire fox and get over it. Or use a fire tablet with Silk.

You would now probably conclude that fire will solve world hunger.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If we all had the same resources and the same access to stocked stores then yes there would be no world hunger, but a child knows we do not.

Also a child understands that we all use the same internet and the same program to access it.

So what is different in the chrome you use and the chrome I use. Since I do not know if you have the latest update and cleared the cache and deleted the cookies. We can not determine why your chrome is different from mine without a direct comparison.

Download fire fox and get over it. Or use a fire tablet with Silk.

You would now probably conclude that fire will solve world hunger.
:cheerleader:

I'm not interested in downloading another browser to use one single web page. A few other Vanilla forums I log onto do not have these issues.

I stand by what I said in my previous post:
I have never heard of such convoluted measures being necessary to stay logged onto a forum.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still think Stratics should fix their email issue. Currently all of the UO forums are broken. Just one is slightly less broken than the other.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted on the official forum to ask for an update since they've been silent on the issue for almost a month.

This was the response (today):

View attachment 140772
Suprise suprise. It is on their end - not on Google's. Will take another month until people realise there is no backend team on it :popcorn:

It's a joy though to see Merlin getting all worked up about it :yell: :mad::lol:

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Suprise suprise. It is on their end - not on Google's. Will take another month until people realise there is no backend team on it :popcorn:
Yea I think most people knew it was their end (everyone except 1 person) as they tried to claim it was Google because with the resources Google has it would have
been fixed in under an hour. Because there is a work around of using an entirely different browser, I doubt it's high on their priority list.

I stand by what I said in my previous post:
I have never heard of such convoluted measures being necessary to stay logged onto a forum.
I heard that if you open the browser / close the browser / stand up and spin in a circle (counter clockwise) / say "what a lovely tea party" / reopen the browser - it works 60% of the time every time :D

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I heard that if you open the browser / close the browser / stand up and spin in a circle (counter clockwise) / say "what a lovely tea party" / reopen the browser - it works 60% of the time every time :D
I heard that Mercury needs to be in full retrograde for that method to work. And there's probably some other planetary alignment that I'm forgetting.