• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob Imbuing Armor Question

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been gone for most of the last 20 years, and still slowly learning how imbuing works.
My understanding is that some armors, like Studded Leather, have an innate but "invisible" 3% LMC per piece.
If I then imbue more LMC on that armor, does it add to the 3% or does it over-write it?

(I'm making a suit for a new tamer/bard who will have magery but no medi, which is why I'm asking. I don't want her to be perpetually OOM :)

Any advice appreciated!

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
First of3, it needs to be non-medable and secondly, yes its addl lmc on top of your imbued value. Technically you can make 55 lmc suit with 5 pieces studded leather, non med, with 8%lmc imbued on each and then 3 % hidden