Non-tamer training a mongbat

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
So my character isn't a tamer. He isn't even a mage. The only healing he could do to a pet would be to cast the crappy Jack of All Trades version of Gift of Renewal.

Nevertheless, I've bonded and am training a pet mongbat. I have it up to 57 HP, 60 wrestling, etcetera. What I've been doing lately is attacking a Haven zombie and siccing the mongbat on it while it hits me. Eventually the zombie turns to hit my mongbat, so I kill it real quick and find a new one.

What would be the best way to get my pet's stats up without killing it too much, considering I can't vet it?

L

longshanks

pretty much thats a good way to do it.

u could get a tamer to pull up a shadow ele and tank it with his pet. than you put yours on it. you would gain fast that way but lose the enjoyment of hunting with the pet and getting familiar with it.

J

[JD]

is the mongbat for a joke/fun? you can get a lowland boura, 500 hp, 2 slots, and control it with JOAT. someone else just has to tame it for you

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Woops, forgot about this thread. Yeah the mongbat is a novelty pet.

I've been taking him to the Jhelom pits, hiring a fighter, making him attack it, then telling the fighter to stop/stay. The mongbat then beats on the fighter without getting hit back. He does so little damage that keeping the fighter healed isn't a serious issue.

I have his combat skills up into the 80s now.