• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Warriors of Destiny

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1>Warriors of Destiny</br></font> <font size=-1>Tim Cotten</font>
11 Apr 2008 16:00:55

By now, many of you may have noticed the new banner splashing across the top of the uo.com site, Live Events 2008! I’m especially excited about our plans for this year, and even more so about the event arc we’ve just begun: Warriors of Destiny.</p>

Based off the contents of Ultima V, in which Britannia and the Virtues are utterly betrayed, this event arc ties together many threads from our past and forges a future where order and chaos are pitted once more against each other. Old and new enemies alike are reaching out to ensure Britannia meets her fate.</p>

Everyone will be free to choose their alignments, and I’m sure the loyal Warriors of Destiny won’t be the only group to be titled for their deeds… </p>

Read more <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=346> Here </A>

D

Der Rock

houseplacement changes, i love that

turn ins
ophidian...checked..250+
rat coins checked 100
magincia (RUBBLE????) affirm pls. checked muhahah A LOT
Mad Mage checked 30-40 till now

so turn in´s i like a lot

what about KR, nothing?(or maybe i have missed something?)

I

imported_Tina Small

Hmmm....is Order / Chaos system coming back and that's why we're seeing these particular changes to factions (i.e., they're a trial run for same kinds of rules in Order / Chaos system)?

C

Connor_Graham

Ok, this all sounds great. So when does Pub 52 hit and what kind of a turn in ratio will we be looking at?

Btw...I love the account bound housing area thing. I'll be able to stretch my house out to 18 tiles now without having to worry about losing my house!

I

imported_lady michelle

<blockquote><hr>

House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time

[/ QUOTE ] I like this one, but what if your dropping a few houses to place a keep? You will have to wait for the timers on the other houses to time out to place it

M

mrarsonal

What event is the mad mage? Is it the same as the (current) Moonglow event?
Thanks

D

Der Rock

plainshield and sword if i understand it right
(hope blackrock also, have around 130 left from magincian and mining)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WWOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!! Dang it, all this happening while trying to move. Can we say computers first out and first in!! lol

A

AshOfCaine

<blockquote><hr>

Interesting rewards for participating in the war while in factions

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, now that makes me interested.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

So from the list of turn-in items, it seems like the planesword and planeshield are just plainjunk.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why would you say that???

Turn-ins
• Invasion item turn-ins
o Ophidian
o Rat coins
o Magincia
o Mad Mage

Ophidians gave us Orders,rations,journals,snake skins, bardiches
Rat coins....self explanitory
Magincia gave us rubble, cursed arties, berserker bardiches, staff of pyros and vorpal blade
Mad Mage gave us Threads of Life, Threads of Fate, Plainshield, planesword, cloak of corruption

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

Oh I thought those were all sub catagories of what invasion items were to be included. I see that your saying invasion items mean this invasion?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Noobtacular.....never leave out the details!!!!

BRING ON THE SHADOWLORDS! With santa hats...*laughs*

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah this invasion too, this is the Mad Mage Event included in the turn-in's slated for Publish 52.

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

oh this is the mad mage event..sorry didnt realilize that.

G

You can still gather rations and ophidian drops inside tera keep.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OMG DONT SAY THAT OUTLOUD!! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You can't get ophidian items anymore what are you talkin about??? *whistles quietly*

And yes, this is the Mad Mage Event

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You guys are MORE then welcome to come to Origin, we have enough Ophidians for everyone!!!

A

Avalonia

It would be awesome if they dumped the FFA pvp system and replaced it with something based on the Order/Chaos system. It would be even better if that system encompassed factions as well.

I

imported_shonsu

<blockquote><hr>

magincia (RUBBLE????) affirm pls. checked muhahah A LOT

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

no black rock turn in?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see. However, I would point out that there's arguably already a black rock turn in: Using it to kill ethereal-form Shadowlords in the Moonglow rift, to get a Cloak of Corruption, which I've got a feeling will be part of the coming Pub 52 turn-in.

Also....There already was another black rock turn-in: Haven.

-Galen's player

G

I say, "What the heck?!" Let us turn it all in, all items of every kind. We could call it something completely novel, like um...

Oh, how bout "Clean Up Britannia?!"

Lets reissue Pheonix armor as one of the rewards. You know.. People talk about how great things were back in "the day" and I start gettin nostalgic, then they use those memories as an excuse to slam the current team of folks gettin things done and I just have to say.... well somethin.

Lets talk about this event for a minute. Anybody died of lag death? Anybody stood in front of a town gate for HOURS waiting for the next wave. Trinsic WAS indeed very fun, but it had its problems too. Show me a vet complaining about how this skill or that skill works or the problems of things not working exactly as intended and I'll show you a person who probably at some point and time in their game career coveted a piece, much less a set, of much vaunted, crappiest looking armor ever just so they could lock THAT down somewhere and say, See lookit whut I got. I'm important.

No idea where I was going with that. I miss Nieves. He'd shoot it straight.

Meh, I'll take that drink now

K

Karthcove

<blockquote><hr>

Hmmm....is Order / Chaos system coming back and that's why we're seeing these particular changes to factions (i.e., they're a trial run for same kinds of rules in Order / Chaos system)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap!!! My best shield is a chaos (has the hit chance % on it) and I'm joining Order. Time to look for another shield!

This is a happy day

G

Hey you owe me 500k. Right? I know. You backed off. Just saying positive things are happening. Give them time.

C

Connor_Graham

Are there any of those left on Pac and does anyone have a rune to it....?

I

imported_Skrag

RTLFC

I'll believe this when I see it. So far it's just the same dug out pit full of monsters to farm pointlessly for drops. I threw all my ophidian crap away a year ago, and threw out all my planeshields and crap the other day. The blackrock turn-in was stupid, all I got was some "jizz" or "smoot" or some other incomprehensible ML ingredient, and I just don't see them giving away anything that makes it worthwhile to farm all this junk.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The ophidians? Yeah theyre there if u can survive the trip lol

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I wanted to know if anyone had a rune lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeze, just walk there! On LS I did not find anything on them

I

imported_lady michelle

I figured it out the rubble turn in. Draconi needs all the rubble he can get to rebuild maginia into the new Rubble Magincia.

G

The rubble I didn't expect, but I'm REALLY glad they added in the rat coins. That and the Ophidian Stuff is basically what I have stocked (even bought 15 more 13 copper, 2 silver) rat coins tonight at under 20k each. Passed on a vendor selling at 3,000,000 plus per single coin though.

The Rubble I didn't have much luck with, neither with the current event.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Weee! Rat Coins are included! I win at Rat Coins!

[/ QUOTE ]

You BASTAGE!!!

*Shakes Fists at Sky*

I wanted to win at Rat Coins!!!

You BASTAGE!!!!

M

mdacc#one

There should be all levels of turn ins. From somehting simple as 1-5 items to something very hard to obtain like 500-1000 items.

I remember the days of Clean up Britannia, Item bless deeds took 500k points and each piece of phenoix took 100k. Those were hard. At the same time you had hair and beard dyes at 30k each.

You have players ranging from 1 month - 11 years. so should the rewards reflect that.

G

THIS memo says something. I knew there was a reason I didn't sell all of those rubble walls.
BUT, still no cocoa plants. *sigh*

F

Fayled Dhreams

don't want to build hopes up ... but ... one of the rewards ... a seed packet?

just saying ...

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

The rubble I didn't expect, but I'm REALLY glad they added in the rat coins. That and the Ophidian Stuff is basically what I have stocked (even bought 15 more 13 copper, 2 silver) rat coins tonight at under 20k each. Passed on a vendor selling at 3,000,000 plus per single coin though.

The Rubble I didn't have much luck with, neither with the current event.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah .... but the rubble wasn't the only thing deemed worthless ... iirc ...
cursed arties anyone? staff of pyros, vorpal blade ... berserkers Scyth (maybe)?
cursed wise ... a "conversion deed" could go a long long ways ... eh?

just saying ...

G

Just be carefull getting in how I usually do it is walk down the ladder leave the dragon sit there so everything targets him while im invis then run down to the bottom hit the doors and quick left to the wall invis again and relogin. Also I know you can't mark runes down there but as for legends if you hit that wall to the left in the swamp stand on some of the ground tiles sticking out from the mnt to the swamp you can mark runes. Problem is getting back inside after the server resets :/ cuase its usually fillllllled up pretty good. BTW The generals are the absolute best for training pets.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeze, just walk there! On LS I did not find anything on them

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't seen the mess on the outside of that keep....

They don't need no stinking drawbridge...