• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS: The Sims Online download is now available...online!

S

Sir

first post!

Thanks Tigger, now we don't have to worry about the abusers.

S

simzluvr2005

Hey TIGGER U ROCK umm i hav cable and live in fl what is the avg waiting time for cable

S

simzluvr2005

NOOOOOOO I JUST RED "Credit card required" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G

Good? or Bad?

Good! Finaly a stable way to download the game without being afraid of people making those annoying neighborhoods!

a few questions id like answered though (if possible, of course)
-Why is there not a link on any of the TSO site (player or visitor)
-Are you letting people outside the US know about this offer? if so...how? email? The Sims newsletter?
-Can we still pay with pre-paid cards for TSO without needing a credt card, or do we need both? (this one i already know, i just dont get how people without credit cards and play and what the point is of pre-paid cards)
-Does this mean you are not releasing in Europe? or does it mean you are? or does it have nothing to do with the euro release?
-If you catch someone trying to abuse the trial will action be taken? like not giving them the code? or will you give anyone that signs up the code.
-Do you ever plan on promoting TSO/putting it back in game stores (not EA.com) now that it is available for download?

Whatever you can answer would be helpful and what you cant answer you ca skip /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

tyvm tigger, this is so much better!

R

Respected Banker

Yeah, real shame. What will you do now Sir? *snicker*

oh yah, rare applause for EA on actually making a "swift and decisive" decision on this that really was "swift and decisive". hehe. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

- RB

The Premier name in TSO Business and Financial Matters.

" EA are newbies at TSO /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif "

S

Sir

Uhh, RB shall I post what you sent me a few nights ago. hehehe, ( i do keep chat records)

M

Maxoid TSO

My question.. If I download the program, can I install it anytime I need to? Like when I have to uninstall the game.

M

Maxoid TSO

Rats.. its only downloading at 29.0 KB/s... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

Yes, i did this last week

it make a folder and in the folder is all the setup data, so you can just keep that folder stashed somewhere and click "setup" and it will install TSO right away

R

Respected Banker

You have nothing Sir /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

And anything said or done outside an EA system is not governed by thier juristictions.

Now returning thread back on topic /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

- RB

The Premier name in TSO Business and Financial Matters.

"Ever wonder why abbreviation is such a long word??"

P

paupsers

<blockquote><hr>

yeah its a real shame you won't be able to abuse them..

<hr></blockquote>
Takes a brave man to so openly be a hipocrite.

M

Maxoid TSO

Great, thanks 12:20 min left /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

S

Sir

Michael, I'm still here, ain't I. same fer you Rb! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Maxoid TSO

Tigger, I really need to know how I can start without losing my place. I had to reboot my computer and dont want to start over /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

shouldnt it start where it left off when you restart it? i think thats what it did for me

S

simzluvr2005

Dood i dont abuse trial memberships i dont want to lose them why dont they protect by getting ur ip its simple as that

T

tpprofile

Yay maxis decided to respond to our complaints...thank you Maxis! Abusers beware o_O

S

simzluvr2005

but that will probably lower the number of peeps who want to buy becuz they have no credit card (They could always use the sim month card thingys)

S

simzluvr2005

ok i entered my credit card num and im waiting for the response (That tells u howmuch i love the sims :p

I

I AM KYLE

Ok...I've done everything and I'm at the "Contact Us" stage. I am kind of unclear about what I am susposed to do. Up in the E-mail Address part, I enter my e-mail address I used for the account. Then I made sure the "product" and "catagory" was right. Then I typed in my EA.com account name.

Is that what I am susposed to do because after I send it in, it brings me to "Create Support Account" page. It wants me to create a support account. Is this right or no?

I

I AM KYLE

When do I get the trial code?? Because I have not reccivied it as of yet.

S

simzluvr2005

they said by 24 hrs /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I

imported_julilyn

yay for tigger yay yay and again yay

:::runs off to watch abusers lots die::::

M

MaimySim

I only waited about 3 hours for mine. And it's not actually a code...Just an email saying you have been activated and at the end of the 14 days, you will need to cancel or it will charge your credit card.

L

LordHiki

I myself play payed with a creditcard but lot's of younger Simmers really don't understand this. In Europa it's impossible to buy TSO or Time Code Cards, having a creditcard is for Europeans not as common as for Americans (I only got myself a creditcard to be able to play TSO for the rest I don't use it) so AGAIN lot of (young) European Simmers are let down again bij EA.

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

N

noahdabear

hi i am in australia and the only way i found out was to stumble across this message board

T

TheSuperSims

Absolutely the best resolve possible. You can't please everyone but at least this allows European players to obtain TSO and eliminates MOST of the abuse. Thanks to Maxis for finally addressing and important issue.

N

noahdabear

i downloaded the trial but neverr got an e-mail, any ideas what i do now

G

The Sims Online Free Trial

Want to try the Sims Online? Have a friend who wants to play? Live overseas or someplace where you're having trouble finding TSO? Already a subscriber and need to reinstall? Just download the free trial and you're on your way.

Click here to start downloading the free trial today. It is a large download (more than a gigabyte), so a broadband connection is recommended. If you get interrupted, you can resume the download later without losing your place.

Next you will need to create a free EA member account by visiting the LOGIN screen at www.ea.com.

Then enter your billing information by clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link at the top of the EA.com page and visiting the Billing tab. Note: a credit card is required to register The Sims Online free trial. You will not be billed during the trial period, and your information will be kept private.

Almost there!
You will need to contact us. We'll need to know your EA member name to assist you and send a free trial registration code to your email address.

If the link above does not work for you, just copy and paste the following into the address line of your web browser:

http://eamembers.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eamembers.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?&amp;p_lva=&amp;p_li=&amp;p_page=1&amp;p_prod_lvl1=146&amp;p_cat_lvl1=36&amp;p_cat_lvl2=96&amp;p_question=-TSO%20Free%20Trial-%0A%0AIn%20order%20for%20us%20to%20activate%20your%20account,%20please%20provide%20us%20with%20your%20EA.Com%20Member%20name%20and%20click%20on%20the%20?Submit%20Question?%20button%20at%20the%20bottom%20of%20this%20page.%0A%0AEA.com%20Member%20Name

"Once the download is complete, check your email for a response from our customer service group containing your trial registration code. This code will allow you to create an account for The Sims Online and play for free for 14 days.

~~~ Tigger ~~~
~~~Ruff, Tuff, Fluff and Stuff ~~~
/php-bin/shared/images/icons/members/wizard.gif Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

G

go back to the download page and re-enter your email address, then click to continue but when you get to that page, dont click "download" just go to your email box /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

M

Mike Springfield

Okay..I have a question.

The CD drive in my computer has been a little weird lately and isn't working properly, so I'm trying to avoid using it until I get it repaired. I have to reinstall TSO due to some corrupt files that the repairment option at the login screen won't fix. So, can I download this "trial" and start using my account immediately after installing it, just as if I installed the game from my CDs?

Thanks!

G

You should be able to, just select "existing TSO account" put in your username and pass for it to check and youll be fine.

M

Mike Springfield

Okay Justin...thanks for your reply /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Spanky

is this DL the CURRENT version os TSO, or after you dl this, will you have to update? I'm still looking for a workaround for not being able to dl the newest update yet.. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

G

It didnt work for hubby when he was having this problem. He had to do a complete wipe of the Maxis directory (offline sims and all) and reinstall.

G

the trial download site is down again

I have a question though that only Tigger can give an answer to unless one of you posters has already asked this question and gotten an answer FROM HER or a staff member.

Hubby and I want to get 2 new accounts, 1 for me and 1 for him. In the past when we got our last account we used the F/F program and got the $15.99 deal. With the free trial thing would it be technically considered free trial account abuse to download the trial accounts to get the 2 new registration codes and save ourselves the $32 in setup fee (therefore only getting 14 days free on each instead of 30 days, I accept that) or not? If it is against the rules I dont want to do it but I cant decipher if it would be or not. Trial Account Abuse has never really been defined. Is it now one trial per person or one trial per cc or what? We do already know that we ARE gonna make both accounts paid accounts after the trials are over.

G

Trial Account Abuse has never really been defined

Nor has it ever been inhibited. You are free to do whatever you want. I believe you need a different credit card for each one. If not, please let us know.

G

LOL that's why I was asking a mod to let us know because I knew trial account abuse had never been clearly defined.

And do you really think that if you didnt need a new cc for each account I'd be responsible for publicizing that info? Come on Gamer you know me better than that hehehe

M

Mr Bo Jangles

Trial account abuse is getting 20 accounts and making 20 new friends or a neiborhood.

Getting 2 new legitimate accounts is what the trials are for. Why do you think that would be abuse?

G

I didnt think it would be abuse, I just wanted to make sure that Maxis didnt consider it abuse either cuz quite a few times stuff that we thought was perfectly legit has gotten people suspended and/or banned. And I had not heard of the Friends and Family program being cancelled so I wondered if bypassing having to pay the $16 set up fee per account was not somehow gonna be construed as cheating. That's why I asked a mod or admin to answer the question, or even better yet, Tigger herself.

Edited to say: I was able to get the link to work tonight, a few hours later than I posted the first time, the downside is they said it would be 24 hours b4 I would hear from anyone which sucks, I wish it was instantaneous like it is with the F/F plan but hey what can you expect with something that is free right? LOL. Patience has never been one of my strongest points /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

F

farmgirlwh1

Well, as a dial up user I still feel totally ignored. Where I live there is NO broadband available yet, just dial up. My computer crashed about 6 months ago, and when I re-installed (even from the newer disks that come out in the stores about a year ago) on my new machine it was going to take me 6 hours to update before I could play! That is so discouraging. I contacted Maxis to see if there was any way to send me a CD with an up to date version on it they said there weren't any available. Come' on! I think they need to make update DISCS avialable every 3 months for those subscribers who have to re-install so the download isn't so big. Make it a "request only" type thing if they have to. I had to quit playing because it just totally ticked me off they only have two versions on disc. I love the game, but I'm not willing to sit and wait for my computer to download for 6 hours or overnight...that's just dumb. I'm sure there are other dial up users that feel just as ignored and put out. So even though I think the free trial is a good idea, it still takes forever to download when you are stuck with this slow dial up. Can't wait for broadband to get here!

A

Absinthe_Moon

well after 3 atempts at trying to do this online i finally gave up and dug out my old disks from jan. 2003 lol now im waiting through the 339.10 mb update on a 56k modem lol see yall in a few days!-Abs

G

Sorry farm but if Abs can wait through the download, as frustrating as it is then you can too. I'm sorry that you choose not to but it all comes down to how badly you want to play the game. I love this game so much myself I'd stand on my head and sing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" if that was the only way I could get my game to work /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif What's the big deal of doing it overnight? Surely you sleep for 6 hours a night and when you wake up POOF it's done. I guess I dont see the big deal.

As for being a dialup user in general, I think there ought to be some kind of warning that it is recommended that you have a broadband or highspeed connection so that people with only dialup available to them will know before they buy the game what they are getting themselves into. But I dunno I guess the reason they didnt do that was it would be worse for marketing considering how many people we have that do use broadband. I'm not sure what the solution is but like I said it just depends on how bad you want to play the game /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

A

Absinthe_Moon

its not going all that slow im at 21% right now, im sure it will be done by tomorrow morning which im going shopping so even if its not finished it will be close, i will be back that evening when it is done. i guess i dont mind because i have tso on my lap top as well so i can always play it on there if i just have to get on. lol this update gives me a chance to color my hair which really needs to be done(1 inch roots! the hair police are going to lock me up!) and catch up on the sleep i have lost since i started playing the game again lol.-Abs