• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] TC 1 Has Been Updated

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Concerning it's AoE in PvM... Peerless are supposed to be group activities yet if as some on here are suggesting it's AoE was removed that would promote more single player tactics (or everyone for themselfs).

Losing support/xhealer roles in group PvM, imo defies the point of group PvM.

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I don't feel this is one of those cases where the ZOMG! thing is the case. I don't generally partake in those as I usually see the side of implimentation. Whether I agree with it or not. I see no merit in this change and only detriment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not one that usually jumps onto the bashing before I've tested changes either, but seriously. Without even testing I can see this change has had almost 0 thought put into it.

Also, there are about 100 more pressing problems in PvP, this is addressed, why?

Player's get asked for feedback, instead of actually responding to specfic posts regarding any said feedback, we have rambling going on. What's the point in giving feedback at all, if there isn't going to be any serious discussion?

That doesn't just relate to this change, but countless others. The only real sucessful discussion I've seen is re: Pet Balls, but let's not be blinded by it all. These are problems that were identified years ago, and are only just now, making it into the game.

G

Zole, I'm trying to confirm this, but we fixed all the flagging bugs with Archcure too - I just need to make 100% sure they went into this patch.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

rtlfc

Why has the Arch Cure suggested change been bought up?

It would be helpful to know as usually changes happen because some play style or another have a problem with it. As the proposed change is obviously not going to go down well maybe we could find a better soloution to whatever the origional problem was?

I honestly can't see where a complaint about it could have come from, the obvious guess would be nox fencers but they don't exactly have a hard time killing mages with that template as it is (assuming the mage has no pots or no e.p) But in saying that there are nox fencers on here equally confused by it's proposal.

So again... why/how has it come about?

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As Winston Churchill once said - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a better quote

EA Dev - "If it isn't broke, fix it untill it is!"

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

From having another look at the patch notes, it seems there is a misunderstanding that arch cure is being used by mages to cure everyones high level poison in one swoop. This is not the case (in PVP). In PVP it is used to cure high level poison on a single target, as very rarely will it actually be castable on multiple targets due to the flagging nature of the spell. As such, changing it will not have a balancing effect, but the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, thank you.

G

Thanks for the reply

I'm not totally sure what you mean, but actually, as put in earlier, these are not bugs, these were intended (unless there is some other flagging thing i dont know).

Because in pvp the spell is used as a "greater cure" spell, not a "mass cure". In PVE it is like "mass greater cure".

It makes sense that if you remove the "greater cure" aspect of arch cure, you may as well change the flagging style so that it will effect all players (not that it needs changing), but...

Imagine you are at yew gate, and cast arch cure while near a red.. You are now flagged.

Those "bugs" were put in to protect players from doing something which would leave them open to attack.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Check my suggestions for Arch Cure in the other thread - but I'll repeat the main one here.

1. Get rid of Arch Protection (it only serves to confuse the people accidentally caught in the AoE).
2. Replace Arch Protection with a 4th level "Greater Cure" spell that is Arch Cure as it is now, but one target only.
3. Go ahead with the Arch Cure nerf.

That will give casters the choice of AoE at Cure levels, or a single target at current Arch cure levels.

Simple fix, and it gets rid of one of the more annoying spells in the game in the process (arch Protection).

B

BadManiac

Fight Dread horn with a small group of tamers. It poisons everything and everyone all the time. Without arch cure curing 100%, a poisoned player dies, even at max FC/FCR, since after these changes a mage will have to cast up to THREE ach cures (or knowing the UO RNG 30...) to cure another player.

Same for tamers having to retreat beyond bandage range, how are they supposed to cure a pet after this? Use orange petals on the pet? Use Greater Cure pots on the pet? Stand and cast a random number of greater cures and watch the pet die?
And this is at 120 magery. I'm expecting the devs to give me a free 120 magery scroll and 20 extra skill points for all my chars if this goes through.

When you test this internally, PLEASE use a Reptalon, and go fight poison elems and Dread Horns. Dont use a Cu or Super Dragon and say "it's ok, they survived"... Use a properly poor, useless pet like the sad Reptalon, and then tell my Arch Cure needs destroying.

What will happen here is, some Dev had an idea and decided to fix something that wasn't broken, in any way, at all, and that noone had EVER complained about. Now that change will be on Test for a few weeks, and all of us will be screaming at the top of our posting lungs to not go through with this, noone will care, it goes live, and we will simply have to take it.

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

Check my suggestions for Arch Cure in the other thread - but I'll repeat the main one here.

1. Get rid of Arch Protection (it only serves to confuse the people accidentally caught in the AoE).
2. Replace Arch Protection with a 4th level "Greater Cure" spell that is Arch Cure as it is now, but one target only.

That will give casters the choice of AoE at Cure levels, or a single target at current Arch cure levels.

Simple fix, and it gets rid of one of the more annoying spells in the game in the process (arch Protection).

[/ QUOTE ]^^^ This right here is a good idea.

G

Now that we've seemingly convinced Jeremy that the Arch Cure change is a big no-no can we move onto the other big PvP problem that this patch would create? I am, once again, talking of the petball summoning delay, i.e. "Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells". The huge problem here is that it will now be impossible to summon in a mount to re-mount resulting in a 'being dismounted = death' scenario.

Take a look at this scenario:
Player A is busy slaying some un-offending slimes when Player B, a red tamer, shows up. Player A is a nice guy and as such doesn't even consider attacking Player B but B runs off and summons in his shiny new dragon and comes back to Player A with it in tow. A knows whats about to happen so he starts to ride away, but B hit's his "Use Bola-Target Last-Cast Teleport" macro and gets a guaranteed dismount of on A. Both players on now on foot, and B's Dragon is about to get a nice snack...oh plus B's friend B2 has just shown up to help. Now normally A would need to stay alive long enough for the dismount timer to wear off (5 seconds?) and then summon in his mount and ride off. He's still lost his slime farming spot, (and thanks tot he super dragon and bolas theres nothing he can do about that) but at least he still has his life. With the proposed change he would have no way to summon in this mount and would for certain die. There's nothing A could have done differntly in this scenario... it's a for sure kill for B.

There were at least a couple proposals to fix this. The first is simply don't implement it. It doesn't do much to stop pvp tamers anyway, they'll simply summon pets in before a fight. And with the new "AI" changes the pets aren't going to be lured off, so they won't be using the balls to spam summoning them back.

The other solution, and my favorite, is to scale the summon time based on the stable slots. A mount, which takes 1 stable slot, should only take .5 seconds to summon... a fast enough time to summon it while you're running for your life from a dismount gank. Large mean pets however, like hyrus or the horrid new dragons will take a full 5 seconds, and thus the petball change will accomplish whatever it's intended for still.

If this last change goes through as it is I can guarantee that many players like my self are going to be exceedingly frustrated at their lack of options when fighting anyone with a bola. For me it will probably the last straw...

H

HiroProtagonist

<blockquote><hr>

TC1 has been updated with the following:
Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.
At 120 magery:
Level 1: 100% chance to cure
Level 2: 100% chance to cure
Level 3: 97% chance to cure
Level 4: 66% chance to cure
Level 5: 35% chance to cure

[/ QUOTE ]

Unacceptably overpowering to Nox dexxers. Is your goal to have nothing but Nox Dexxers running about?

G

Lord Reepacheap:

Well spotted potential problem. I also thought of this, and Noxin posted as we discussed that cast time should be dependant on control slots or something like this. To summon a dragon or beetle or any offensive pet should take longer than summoning a humble (yet TRUSTY) steed. I think a cast time of one second or around that would be acceptable.

As for summoning off screen, theres nothing that can be done for this. We can't totally neutralise a template, but adjusting the amount of summoning they can do will help a lot to balance things.

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

"Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells". The huge problem here is that it will now be impossible to summon in a mount to re-mount resulting in a 'being dismounted = death' scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm going to have to say that this is probably as big an issue for PvP what the Arch Cure would be for group PvM. I don't PvP but I have done a fair share of Champs, and Dismount is powerful enough as it is, after this it'll be very hard to survive a dismount.
The arch cure changes might have an equally huge impact on PvP with dismounting nox mages and nox dexxers, or dismount tamers with deadly poison rune beetles being HUGELY powerful all of a sudden.

Both these changes need to be looked at.
The Arch Cure is plain unneccessary, just cancel it and we'll promise to forget it was ever mentioned.

For petballs, don't make the summoning interuptable, make it take longer, but make you FROZEN. This means summoning a pet reveals you and makes you completely defenseless for X seconds, rather than never again being able to summon a pet in PvP.

G

<blockquote><hr>

WHY would you change curing/poison at all? I have not seen one thread asking for this ridiculous change......cheese and rice theres posts one after the other about pvp and hacking and you pull this change out of nowhere........why????
NOONE ASKED FOR IT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who asked for it it was someone on the other side of the server who prob never played let alone heard of uo till the merger and was assigned to take PvP notes, made a Nox dexer and couldnt kill the mage due to the mages leet survival experience cried nerf and that was that.

K

Kayne

RTLFC

As someone who doesnt PvP at all and who does use arch cure in group situations to reliably cure someone else or more than one person who may be poisoned i think the removal of the AoE aspect is totally wrong. As for scaling it for 120 - what about those of us who dont go to 120? We get the raw end of this deal as with so many other things. I cant afford a 120 magery and i dont even want 120 magery.

M

MysticSim

rtlfc

ok... so why is Dev inginuety so bass ackwards?? Lets see... we have a level 4 spell (arch cure) going up against a level 2 spell (cure) lets nurf the level 4 spell so it costs more mana and operates like a level 2 spell... smart thinking guys and gals.

How about this as a counter proposal for this blatent nurf of something totally rediculous??

Why not take the level 6 MARK spell, drop it to level 4 circle, and move the arch cure up to level 6. If i have done the math right, this would mean it would be harder to cast a successful arch cure, take a little more mana, but not be totally useless as it would be if this change goes through.

Lets face it, your forcing us (with this change) to now carry potions. Wow, great, what will you do next? make it so that the potions get nurfed.. I cannot wait for the message "you drink a greater cure potion.... it has no effect"

Either that or if someone wants to come on here and explain why the change is going into effect (and more than just "because the formula says so") then maybe we as the community would be a little more receptive to the idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Going to be tested with this publish - once we let Draconi out of his cage I'm sure he'll share more details

[/ QUOTE ]

Might want to let Draconi out for playtime soon, I know a lot of people are getting bored...

And about the arch cure changes, I'm still stuck with 110 magery on my tamer and my mage, not sure what % chance I'll have to cure lethal now, but I'm guessing about 25%? Go do a Dread or a Prox on a mage and get poisoned. By the time I get the cure off I wasted enough time keeping myself alive, somebody else dies...

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

I'm seeing two seemingly contradictory statements here - one, that Archcure is basically useless now, and two, that this change is a massive nerf. That's why I'm asking how often it gets used currently - I'm seeing a lot of statements about how it's pretty useless in PvP anyway - I want to isolate the people who will be the most affected by the change.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than one variant of PvP in this game and folks are doing a poor job of conveying that. small group fighting (1v1, 3v1, etc) and large group fighting (champs, harrowers, etc).

Arch Cure is near useless in small group fighting because of the casting delay. If you have time, great - cast it. However in large group fighting, you want to conserve mana. Cureing everyone nearby with one spell does that very well.

I

imported_Ozymandies

The arch cure change just makes people carry pots. The area of effect part is used when your guildmates are all poisoned.

Are we all going to get poisoned at the next event or something?

OZ

G

Well if its Draconi in charge of the event we're gonna get poisoned, blown up, set on fire and everything else.

I

imported_Zhakarin

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

TC1 has been updated with the following:
At 120 magery:
Level 1: 100% chance to cure
Level 2: 100% chance to cure
Level 3: 97% chance to cure
Level 4: 66% chance to cure
Level 5: 35% chance to cure

[/ QUOTE ]

Unacceptably overpowering to Nox dexxers. Is your goal to have nothing but Nox Dexxers running about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. If this arch cure change, as is or even tweaked, is going to go into live shards, then make the infectious special move require as much mana as AI, conc blow, etc, so it cannot be spammed continuously. Also add the ability for mages to lethal poison in kind if they invest the same amount of points into poisoning. And adjust the chance to cure rate for chivalry cleanse by fire and healing with bandages to match the new arch cure success rates: give everyone the same ability (or lack thereof) to cure higher level poisons at equal levels of magery/chivalry/healing. Or just scrap the arch cure change and save the developers/QA team a bit of work...

Also, Jeremy, concerning your problem with mages not having to carry/loose reagets, please keep in mind that chiv healers don't have to carry any consumables either (and they don't even need to spec their suit to do so.) So if LRC bothers you that much and needs to go away, you'll have to take similar steps for chivalry, such as making chivalry books cursed.

Z

zeromessiah

hey this is my first post so howdy yall . so here's the thing i play a necro ninja and when i am in wraith form, i lose stamina when i walk through anything living i.e .. deer, boar, human ,elf. i am not crossing server boundries and i have tried to recast as well just wondering if this is guna get fixed any time soon

G

<blockquote><hr>

At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure

[/ QUOTE ]

For those at say GM magery??? what is the % chance to cure??

D

David of FL

Oh for hell sakes. Is Arch Cure a problem in PvP or PvM? I don't think so.

How about instead of fixing stuff that doesn't need to be fixed you spend your limited time fixing things that actually need to be fixed. For example;

Moving Shot Archers
Evil Omen + Paralyze
SPEEDHACKERS (Should be #1 on your list)

If you're trying to make poisoning more effective, why not nerf potions which are the real problem.

Why in the hell is it that battles are starting to come down to who has the most items in their backpack? Trapped Boxes, Potions, Petals, Wands, etc. WTF ever happened to the person with the most skill winning the fight?

G

RTLFC

As a group PVM medic...I use Arch Cure alot...I still am unsure after
reading all these posts why it was even looked at. And like others
have said what about all the mages that have only 100 or even 115
magery? I have 120 and I should never fail at any spell even though
we were told repeatedly we would not need powerscrolls. Try casting
an EV at GM...it's laughable. This nerf is unjustified and unwanted.
Good job on the rest of the list though.

P.S. What is the little black gift box in our pouch? Just curious.

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

Oh for hell sakes. Is Arch Cure a problem in PvP or PvM? I don't think so.

How about instead of fixing stuff that doesn't need to be fixed you spend your limited time fixing things that actually need to be fixed. For example;

Moving Shot Archers
Evil Omen + Paralyze
SPEEDHACKERS (Should be #1 on your list)

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy, could you answer the question on why the listed above are not addressed? Instead of tinkering with arch cure/poison(which noone asked for), you could be pursuing those things that players have been complaining about for a long time.....I dont get it.......you devs "fix" things that arent asked for.....yet you ignore the big issues like the ones stated above......repeatedly

I ask you to ask yourselves, wheres the logic?

<blockquote><hr>

If you're trying to make poisoning more effective, why not nerf potions which are the real problem.

Why in the hell is it that battles are starting to come down to who has the most items in their backpack? Trapped Boxes, Potions, Petals, Wands, etc. WTF ever happened to the person with the most skill winning the fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice post

G

<blockquote><hr>

P.S. What is the little black gift box in our pouch? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone in another thread guessed that it was an invitation to the event in Moonglow, which makes sense because its a single card and we can't read it yet.

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Anyone telling you Arch cure is useless in PvP right now is an idiot with a narrow viewpoint.

To be frank, if you're actually listening to anyone saying that, then I feel like I'm wasting my time in my attempts to explain the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Said perfectly.

I

imported_dukarlo

How in the world did the devs come up with the idea to nerf archcure in the first place? Honestly it really baffles me where they would get the idea that dp needed to be made that much more powerful. Id really like to know the source and motive behind this nonsense.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Changes especially arch cure. Thats been due for a long time.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arch cure will be an awesome move in the war on scripting. Now you can poison scriptors and they have no where to run. Once again awesome idea.

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

So a 120 mage cannot cure all types of poison. I think its crazy that 120 skill cannot always or at least 80% of the time cure poison.
How about Chivalry?
This is what is written up about a Paladins skills is it wrong?
Cleanse by Fire (Expor Flamus) 10/10 (5/55)
An ability that can be used either to cure a target of poison, at the cost of a few of the Paladin's hit points. Is able to cure any level of poison; doesn't appear to fail at all.
Doesn't seem balanced if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is allready WAY to many ways , and way to to easy to counter the 100 ppoints spend on poisoning .. no other skill can be countered in so many ways and with such ease.........

G

I didnt even realise it was AE on the arch cure *bonk*

I cure with pots )

And, chiv can fail on cures.

C

Cowgoesmoo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I like the suggestions of cure spells and attempts to remove levels of poison rather than flat our curing it. Combined with the suggestions to have 2 level 4 cure spells (arch, as currently suggested, and greater, as arch is currently with no AoE).

This would make even the nerfed arch cure useful as the number of levels removed would be random based on skill weighting (higher skill = higher chance of more levels being removed). So even if everyone isn't totally cured they are still suffering from a lower level poison.

S

Sheri_UO

<blockquote><hr>

I'm seeing two seemingly contradictory statements here - one, that Archcure is basically useless now, and two, that this change is a massive nerf. That's why I'm asking how often it gets used currently - I'm seeing a lot of statements about how it's pretty useless in PvP anyway - I want to isolate the people who will be the most affected by the change.

Oh, as for the IDOC changes, we are currently having a hardware issue with the housing server for the Test Centers. Until we get that back up, we can't test or publish the housing changes, so it slipped out til next publish. Sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry i couldent get back sooner.

Well its both and the reasons are..

For group pvp its about fields, and being a nox i can assure you thats true.

For solo pvp its usless, when your fighting someone that can dp you every couple seconds its way to slow and can be interrupted way to easy.

Should a kryss be able to dp you every few seconds? Maybe thats the real issue.

Peace

Ps could you find out why my nox-mage lost the 5% chance to lp from 1 tile away? The guys with the krysses have been beating us down now for years.

G

"UO is not a class based game like WoW. I love PVP. It's my favourite thing about online games. In WoW, pvp is the least interesting thing to me. Why? Because it's like playing rock paper scissors, but the difference is that you are always choosing the same thing every time you fight. It's possible to win but for the most part, if you are one class, you are doomed to loose vs a particular other one"

Like Zole said. I find this the beauty of PvP in UO, it's not a Level/Class based game. Sure, some people have an advantage using a certain template against another template, and have an advantage with equipment, but the real beauty is that UO is not so RPS that you can't "think outside of the box" to find a way to counter your template's weakness, and defeat your opponent. PvPing against a person who has better equipment/template makes you think, it promotes brains over brawn. It's the opposite in almost all other MMOs, you rely 95% on your' chars Level/Class/Stat Build/Equipment to beat your' opponent. Which is quite boring and unchallenging in my opinion.

Like i said before in another post, if there's any spell in the game that needs to be nerfed, it's Evil Omen. No other spell so thoroughly completely negates 120.0 points in a skill, not only that, but it also requires little mana, low skill requirement, and casts at about the same speed as a Harm, making it near impossible to disrupt. Make it to where we have a chance to resist Evil Omen based on our Resist Spells skill against the caster's SS skill.

I remember back when Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) was only on one creature in the entire game, the Silver Serpent. Back then it was COMPLETELY uncurable, if you got poisoned by a Silver Serpent, the most you could do was run towards town, to make the trip back to your corpse faster.

I have had a Nox Mage for a very long time, since about the time they made it possible to do DP with Poison spell if you had Magery+Poisoning skill. While lately i have been a little dismayed that a Greater Cure Pot had 100% chance to cure my DP, i was in no way complaining about Arch Cure. If another mage could get a Arch Cure off when my poison is damaging him and i'm spamming spells on him, he deserves to cure it. Currently the only way a Nox Mage can do Lethal Poison is if he casts Evil Omen and then Poison while within 3 tiles. That also has the effect of making it impossible to resist (Which needs to be nerfed). Nox Mages don't even need real Necro to do it, just a Midnight Bracers+Necro Jewelry to do it.

For PvP, Arch Cure is used to cure yourself when hit with DP or Lethal. For lower level Poisons, a quick Cure is used. It's nearly impossible to get a Arch Cure off when you're being hit by poison damage, and a fast warrior. Often times it's accompanied with Bleed damage and Fireballs from weapon.
For PvM, normal Cure and Arch Cure is used much the same, except Arch Cure is also applied to groups against certain monsters, such as Yamandons, Serado the Awakened, Dreadhorn and Chief Paroxysmus.

One way to prevent the Infectious Strike or DP Poison spell spamming would be to put a limit on it like there is with the Paralyze Special. After you cure a poison (Whether by spell or bandy), you gain a temporary immunity to that Level of Poison, simulating the spell still cleansing your bloodstream, or to where your body has built a temporary resistance to the poison.

Would also be kind of nice if for every 25.0 points in Poisoning skill you have, you gained a innate immunity to 1 Level of Poison, up to Greater Poison at 75.0 Poisoning. A person with 75.0+ Poison would be Immune to Lesser Poison, Poison, and Greater Poison, but still susceptible to Deadly Poison and Lethal Poison. This would simulate you subjecting yourself to small doses of Poisons over time, thus allowing your body to build a natural immunity to it. There are two types of Poison Resistance in the game. The Vampiric Embrace/Orange Petal Resistance, which the Poison applies to you, but is canceled when it goes to damage you. And the Unicorn Form Resistance, to where Lesser Poison/Poison/Greater Poison do not even apply to you at all. The Innate Poison Resistance i'm suggesting should be the Unicorn Form Resistance type.

I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible for a Mage to survive if i used my Stealth Assassin against them if the Archcure changes are published. Stealth up near to them, mount Ethy Llama, throw DP Shuriken, run up hit with Bleed or Disarm then Bleed from Warfork, hit with Deathstrike so they're not inclined to run, finish them off while they're still trying to cure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is Archcure currently the preferred method of curing poison, as opposed to drinking potions? (Or Cleanse by Fire for those with Chiv?) (I'd be kinda surprised if it were in PvP, because up until the last publish, it had MASSIVE flagging issues.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, VERY much so.....

Prox would be near impossible without archcure.

M

mmmbeer05

wow....am i reading this right?!?!?

"Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting"

this mean the provoke bug is being fixed?!?!?

yahooo!!

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

rtlfc

<blockquote><hr>

Is Archcure currently the preferred method of curing poison, as opposed to drinking potions? (Or Cleanse by Fire for those with Chiv?) (I'd be kinda surprised if it were in PvP, because up until the last publish, it had MASSIVE flagging issues.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

You need to take in to consideration that flagging issues are only an issue if your fighting in a guard zone/trying to leave/trying to change characters. Gate fighting blues are probably a much smaller PvP group than champ spawns.

I

imported_Zhakarin

<blockquote><hr>

For solo pvp its usless, when your fighting someone that can dp you every couple seconds its way to slow and can be interrupted way to easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. I use it quote often in solo pvp. With good timing, enough DCI/movement, and a little luck, it can be used successfully some of the time. For a mage who doesn't rely on pots, it's the only realistic way to attempt to cure lethal poison (unless you count dying as a cure...)

<blockquote><hr>

Should a kryss be able to dp you every few seconds? Maybe thats the real issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, increase the mana cost for infectious so that it is in line with most other special moves.

<blockquote><hr>

Ps could you find out why my nox-mage lost the 5% chance to lp from 1 tile away? The guys with the krysses have been beating us down now for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, give mages who invest 100 points into the poisoning skill the ability to inflict a level of poison that cannot be completely negated by an orange petal (which lasts for quite a long time and has no cool-down between uses.) Fair is fair...

G

RTLFC

Changing arch cure is a very bad move. This will effect pvm in a very negative way, Parox and Dreadhorn are hard enough without being able to cure everyone. Most people I know, 98% of all people in my guild can not afford a 120 mage scroll, and never will. Please reconsider this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's another good question - how much does the area effect aspect actually get used?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, for me, it get's used alot. In my guild, we do peerless all day long. Mel, FatMan, Trav, Dread and Prism.

In Dread, I spam cast Arch Cure targeting my pet, so that when people get summoned, they are cured pretty quick, along with the pets.

For Fatman, we tend to be in one area, one group, so that 1 or 2 arch cures, cure everyone.

I'd prefer to keep it's current effectiveness. I'd like to know what was the thought process behind the change.

To be honest, the basic cure spell is all but useless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy, for PvM it affects mages that hunt or play a support character (i.e., medic) for groups that hunt monsters that cast or otherwise inflict high level poison. Cure spell's low effectiveness rate makes it pretty worthless in those situations and now you're going to make Arch Cure spell worthless for most of us, especially the ones who can't afford 120 magery scrolls. Me thinks you're just trying to force us to carry more potions and less gold!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or to buy gold from the scripters/hackers so that we can afford those powerscrolls.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Arch Cure is a necessity for Dreadhorn/Paroxymous.

Still not clear why the change was made. As someone else pointed out - I haven't heard anyone complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 110%, how about removing a useless spell like mana vampire and have a list like cure, arch-cure, and greater cure.

I

imported_archite666

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Arch Cure is a necessity for Dreadhorn/Paroxymous.

Still not clear why the change was made. As someone else pointed out - I haven't heard anyone complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 110%, how about removing a useless spell like mana vampire and have a list like cure, arch-cure, and greater cure.

[/ QUOTE ]

mana vampire is not useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.