• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] TC 1 Has Been Updated

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor_Graham

What about the event? Wasn't it supposed to be in this patch?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1> Test Center 1 Has Been Updated </br></font> <font size=-1>Jeremy Dalberg </font>
19 Mar 2008 14:33:51

TC1 has been updated with the following: </p>

Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.

At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure </p>

Fixed a NPC Grammar Error </p>

Greater Dragons now drop scales and leather when skinned</p>

Properties on the ML recipe bows should now stack correctly with runic, exceptional and material bonuses</p>

Body sculptors and hairdressers should no longer wander too far away</p>

Recipe bows that previously had a 0% exceptional chance now have a 5% exceptional chance (In order to allow for an exceptional chance greater than 0 at GM skill, the success rate and minimum fletching skill have been adjusted. Success rate is now 50% at GM (was 40%.) Min Fletching is now 70 (was 75%.))</p>

Ships will no longer catch fire around the island of Magincia</p>

Leather and elf armor will no longer lose properties when runic-crafted or spawned as magic loot</p>

NPC animated corpses should now deal damage and take damage in the Trammel ruleset. </p>

Players should now be able to complete the summon fiend quest chain.</p>

All bunnies will spawn in their normal colors again</p>

Pet summoning ball changes:</p> Pet summoning balls unhide the summoner when attempting to summon their pet. Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells Pet summoning balls have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.

Pet AI changes:</p> [*] Guard: The pet should guard as it does currently. [*]Follow: The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. <//li> [*]Come: The pet should come. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (If the pet cannot pathfind to its owner, it will not become passive.) [*] Kill/Attack: The pet will attack its target as it does currently. [*]Stop: The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander. [*]Stay: The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked.

Fixed an issue where Talismans were occasionally spawning without any properties</p>

Players can no longer place insured items on a player-run vendor. (Existing insured items on vendors will not be affected.)</p>

Quest items will now untoggle if the player dies while carrying them</p>

Players will now receive a 'You have too many pets guarding you' system message if they already have more than 5 pets guarding them. (Note: pets in the stable that have been commanded to guard may count towards this limit.)</p>

Each pet that is guarding a player will have a "Guarding" note on mouseover.</p>

Fixed issues with the list of guarding pets not being maintained correctly</p>

Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting</p>

The Darkwood Armor set bonus now has 100 Luck instead of Night Sight</p>

Acid Proof Rope will no longer remove a spell from a spellbook when crafted</p>

The "Bless" spell icon will no longer incorrectly disappear if the player logs out</p>

Regina in Castle British now lets you know if you are on the wrong stage of the quest rather than just saying you are too busy</p>

Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name</p>

Exceptional crafted chocolate will have the maker's mark attached correctly</p>

Salvage bags will no longer recycle Age of Shadows gift clothing </p>

G

I thought it was, but guess we have to "be patient" a little longer.

G

Crossposting into the correct thread.

So, yeah, arch cure changes - Don't do it. Really.

Pet ball changes - Awesome, I stopped following this discussion as I was pretty busy, but it looks really good. There will be a sharp decrease in tamers in PvP.

One suggestion.
You're taking away a big dismount counter as a result.
With these changes you can no longer use a pet ball and remount in response to being dismounted, which is pretty much the only solution if you don't have Ninjitsu.

My suggestion would be to remove the delay, or lower it to the same casting speed as animal form, if the pet you're summoning only uses 1 slot.

K

Kratos Aurion

still no checks with commas?

should it really take this long to program a (,)

F

Fayled Dhreams

well ... fair enough ... it WAS said:
We also have the next event all QAed and ready for live testing - some of you may remember that the clock has been ticking in Moonglow for quite some time. Well, that clock is winding down...

Just might not need to go on test ...
all I'm saying

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

Are there petballs in bankboxes?

There should be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I r having teh commaz:

I

imported_Fran Fury

No cocoa trees yet either *looks in Draconi's direction* Guess it got moved to the next patch. Hope thats not where the event is too.

*runs off to grab another neon bunny*

G

Noxin, by all means, go into more detail on the Arch Cure thing - and everyone else who's concerned about it. And please, TEST it too. I'm perfectly prepared to go to the table and tell the devs that this needs to be tweaked, but I need details.

G

Well, the problem with the arch cure changes is that the special move penalty only lasts 3 seconds (it is 3, right?). If a mage is fighting a dexer with poison, then if we can't consistently cure then they can just poison us right as we cure, assuming we can get off the cure in the first place.

EDIT: Also Jeremy, can we get some info about the next event too?

D

Daren Athlorn

Jeremy, what about the exploit fixes, are they just not listed until publish time for security reasons, since I noticed a few exploits that were vocalized as being fixed by Leurocian and Draconi aren't on the list.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Old news: the system to add commas was completed, but never impemented.
Some cultures don't use xxx,xxx so, they pulled back from implementing in favour of a possible future localised system.

A

AlanofCats

<blockquote><hr>

Well, the problem with the arch cure changes is that the special move penalty only lasts 3 seconds (it is 3, right?). If a mage is fighting a dexer with poison, then if we can't consistently cure then they can just poison us right as we cure, assuming we can get off the cure in the first place.

EDIT: Also Jeremy, can we get some info about the next event too?

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have the ability to poison the dexer yes? Ans he most likely has 0 magery... Does Cleanse by Fire ahve the same cure rate?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy, what about the exploit fixes, are they just not listed until publish time for security reasons, since I noticed a few exploits that were vocalized as being fixed by Leurocian and Draconi aren't on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! that would be "correct"

I

imported_Sarphus

Definitely a problem... what's the solution?

On the one hand, an AE cure-all is pretty overpowered. On the other hand, a 1/3 chance to cure lethal poison at 120 magery means chain poisoning is all but a guarunteed kill.

Is the solution to make arch cure not an AE spell?

Is it to just tweak the cure rate?

I think this change only really hurts mages, but it really hurts them.
A paly can still cure
A necro can SS through the poison, but I'm not sure how effective that would be with the dexer also beating on you.
a healer's bandages will still cure poison.

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! that would be "correct"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeremy

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Noxin, by all means, go into more detail on the Arch Cure thing - and everyone else who's concerned about it. And please, TEST it too. I'm perfectly prepared to go to the table and tell the devs that this needs to be tweaked, but I need details.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm curious as to the reason behind the Arch Cure changes.
I'm not sure if I have an issue with it being changed or not... I'm just curious as to why it was decided it should be done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell kind of details do you need?

Have you ever done a parox peerless? Seriously, I can't believe we have to explain this to anyone. This doesn't need to be tested. This is a bad change and needs to be removed from the plans immediately. Let's just say 9+ years of actually playing this damn game should have some weight as to how this is going to go.

G

Forcing people to use potions in pvp is dumb =/

Just say no to the Arch Cure changes.

G

Oh yeah, I can cast poison on the dexer, but orange petals or bandaids and hes fine again.

G

Is Archcure currently the preferred method of curing poison, as opposed to drinking potions? (Or Cleanse by Fire for those with Chiv?) (I'd be kinda surprised if it were in PvP, because up until the last publish, it had MASSIVE flagging issues.)

I

imported_Sarphus

I think we need to point out specific issues with it, so she can take those issues before the designers and they can rework the change to make it more palatable.

The issue with arch cure as I understand it is that it can insta-cure multiple targets within a radius of the target. We basically need to decide whether we want to sacrifice the AE aspect of the spell or the cure-all aspect of the spell. There's possibly a more creative solution, but I don't see it.

Personally, I would prefer to sacrifice the AE aspect of the spell and keep it as a cure-all spell.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell

[/ QUOTE ]
Using magery to counter Infectious Strike is already underpowered, this would make the problem even worse. Arch Cure gives the player a nearly for-sure way to cure at the cost of more casting time. It currently works much like Greater Heal and Heal do. This change would make Arch Cure a useless spell and would make a dexer-poisoner even stronger then they already are (which is too strong in most peoples opinions).

<blockquote><hr>

Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason that we can't have the delay scaled based upon the creature being summoned like we're asking for? If the team has a reason for not doing this it's in your best interest to tell us...or risk a lot of player hate as a result.

I

imported_Sarphus

Orange petals and cure are usually what I use to cure low lvl poisons. I use arch cure if I get a higher lvl poison.

T

Tamed Cerebes

And how exactly will this effect pets? Will the Cu be the only thing as a pet that will be able to cure itself? If so alot of monsters are gonna be left alone it pets are gonna become fodder if the tamer comes under fire and has to go defensive and out of vet range.

I

imported_ejpeters

So a 120 mage cannot cure all types of poison. I think its crazy that 120 skill cannot always or at least 80% of the time cure poison.
How about Chivalry?
This is what is written up about a Paladins skills is it wrong?
Cleanse by Fire (Expor Flamus) 10/10 (5/55)
An ability that can be used either to cure a target of poison, at the cost of a few of the Paladin's hit points. Is able to cure any level of poison; doesn't appear to fail at all.
Doesn't seem balanced if you ask me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Have you ever done a parox peerless? Seriously, I can't believe we have to explain this to anyone. This doesn't need to be tested. This is a bad change and needs to be removed from the plans immediately. Let's just say 9+ years of actually playing this damn game should have some weight as to how this is going to go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as the dev team shouldn't post changes without explaination, we as players shouldn't go on the attack and not explain why we dislike a change.
I said something to Jeremy directly earlier, and now I'm saying it to you and everyone else, if you want changes (or in this case to stave off a change) explain in detail why certain changes should/shouldn't go into the game, even if it seems glaringly obvious to you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is Archcure currently the preferred method of curing poison, as opposed to drinking potions? (Or Cleanse by Fire for those with Chiv?) (I'd be kinda surprised if it were in PvP, because up until the last publish, it had MASSIVE flagging issues.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mages have lost so many abilities to cure all we got is potions now.
Vampiric Embrace = nerfed
Cure = nerfed
Arch Cure = being nerfed

you might as well make greater cure potions only have a 50% to cure level 5 if your magery is over 20.1.

G

Right.

Way back in publish 25 it was mandated that cure had to have its efficiency reduced (something to do with Ninjas needing to be more appealing - I'm serious sadly)
I brainstormed about this and the solution we came up with was lowering arch cure casting speed by 1 tick, increasing it's effect to always cure level 5 and have a very good chance at level 6 (around the 90% mark, I forget specifics)
It also had to be adjusted so as the prevent it's then basic AoE effect from targeting aggressors or criminals.

so we have 3 points.

Lowered casting speed.
To coincide with swing rate and the re-application of poison it had to be faster than a weapon swing with good leeway. Remember not only are you poisoned but you're taking damage from the hit too.
It also became apparent that if this didn't happen, you'd end up with spammed small spell cycles that prevent curing.

Always curing.
You have to be practically assured a cure, the casting speed is almost twice as slow, even today you'll see people "roll the dice" by trying for a normal cure before resorting to that extra delay.

AoE
As the spell no longer targets anyone who has aggressed, or is criminal (this also means is red) the spell lost all area effect efficiency. For PvPers this aspect of the spell isn't even considered, at least from my experience.

By making it act just like normal cure, you're using the reduced forumula we use now essentially cancelling out all 3 points, this is because you're looking at it from the wrong angle, disregard Area effect, it's a red herring. Take it out totally if you feel it's a big enough issue to need acting on.

I think this is a perfect example of how something considered a minor change for continuity can massively impact PvP. This all stems from one mandated change to normal cure years ago and even with this adjustment as damage control poison is a very strong weapon.
As we are right now, not having cure potions immediatly makes you the underdog, but it's survivable with skill and timing at least long enough to loot some or go restock. With the change there is literally nothing you can do in that situation other than stand still and die, while formulating the scathing post you're going to make on stratics about it.

G

Arch Cure IS the preferred method for mages who prefer not to lower themselves to the use of pots to cure the highest 2 levels of poisin. Normal cure simply fails too often to use it in pvp. As things are right now cure pots and cleanse by fire are far superior to cure/arch cure, this would make the imbalance even worse.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No cocoa trees yet either *looks in Draconi's direction* Guess it got moved to the next patch. Hope thats not where the event is too.

*runs off to grab another neon bunny*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm not the only one missing cocoa trees from those notes.

G

No it's not the main method in PvP by any means. Most people have enough chiv in the template for this reason and remove curse specifically. Also because it's speed.

The real impact of this is going to be PvM moreso. Support cures will no longer be a valid tactic. This change effectively kills the medic support in many situations.

As for potions. First off, many people don't like to carry them. They get looted easily and are a pain in the ass to continually replace in pvp. Many people also like to carry a shield for resists or mods. While this can be dropped with a simple macro it's still a nuisance for many players.

The thing is, I know how this is going to affect many people. The majority are going to be off the PvP field and it's going to be another one of those things that seems to be geared toward PvP with little reason that more greatly affects PvM. I can't say enough how this is a poor change.

G

That's another good question - how much does the area effect aspect actually get used?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as the dev team shouldn't post changes without explaination, we as players shouldn't go on the attack and not explain why we dislike a change.
I said something to Jeremy directly earlier, and now I'm saying it to you and everyone else, if you want changes (or in this case to stave off a change) explain in detail why certain changes should/shouldn't go into the game, even if it seems glaringly obvious to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did. I asked if she ever did a parox. If you ever did one then you know my detailed explanation.

A

AlanofCats

<blockquote><hr>

Oh yeah, I can cast poison on the dexer, but orange petals or bandaids and hes fine again.

[/ QUOTE ]

petals dont work on lvl 5 (and cant a mage use petals too?) And bandiads have a 3 sec delay at 165 stam. More than enough time to spam another poison spell.

I think 35% is too low for 120 magery. But again 100% is too high. I like another poster's idea of changing arch cure to something like greater cure too.

I

imported_Sarphus

After reading the points made about tamer's ability to cure poisoned pets (though you can do this with vet) and other points made about pvp, I've decided that it makes sense to remove the AE from arch cure.

Noxin is right. AE on arch cure is a red herring. The ability to cure higher-end poisons is what's important, so I say remove the AE effect and leave the cure chance as is.

G

My goodness!
The acid proof rope eating the spell from your book is a bug I reported during ML beta!

I thought it was entirely forgotten about.

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

And bandiads have a 3 sec delay at 165 stam. More than enough time to spam another poison spell.

[/ QUOTE ]Bandies are capped at 4 sec (achieved at 140 dex).

ATLPvPer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I wish I knew why you guys would even consider putting in a change like the arch cure change. WHERE on this forum has there ever been complaining about arch cure being too powerful???

Why it shouldn't be implemented :
BIGGEST reason. It is a lvl 4 spell and CAN be interuppted. That is its biggest downfall. Have you ever tried to arch cure through a DP dexxer with a kryss? IF you manage to get it off you are lucky. With the changes you are proposing instant-death. Not only do you have to get it off, but you may have to cast it sucessfully FOUR times for it to even work. By then you probably have 5 HP left.

Dexxers seem to be more and more powerful every day, it is getting old...a mage can barely compete as it is.

G

When the changes to curing was made back during Publish 25, Archcure basically became Greater Cure without a name change. It is hard to find any developer comments on this because they removed that section from UO website and you can no longer browse the archive. It will take a bit of work to dig up developer comments from the Stratics forum archive.

It is also funny that people are so shocked about the Archcure change that I don't see anyone pointing out the lack of IDOC changes that were supposed to be in this publish. I think it goes to show that this Archcure change came completely out of no where and makes no sense at all.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

That's another good question - how much does the area effect aspect actually get used?

[/ QUOTE ]
In PvP, the AoE aspect doesn't matter all too often. But it would be false to say never. In some choke point fights, Poison Fields are heavily used and while it is usually lower level poison, one good Archcure fixes the whole group that's pushing.

In PvM, it is a very important spell as mentioned in the other thread specificall for monsters such as Paroxysmus, Dreadhorn and the Yamandon who do nothing but spam high level poison usually on multiple targets.

So there is no question we need an AoE cure spell. But we also need a sure way for mages to cure high level poison. I hardly play my pally but I would be curious to know what the success rate is with Cleanse by Fire. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 100% or close to it.

I

imported_The_Dude_

Wow this is amazing they are effectively fazing out mages. If you dont use cure pots you pretty much destroyed by dp dexers or dp mages that cast poison fields. Seriously how much mana does dp costs dexers 8? Can be used one after another its insane.

Now they are taking out the only way to cure this with magery. Keep spamming cure to finnally get it off in the 3rd try only to have it immed put back on. No people dont use chiv. Most the templates are necro mages or spellweaving mages. Also most people are red that mean u need to keep ur karma up to effectively use chiv. While we are at it a spell that is cast insanely fast 4/6 takes little mana cures everything. While mages have to cast arch cure extremely slow and then it doesnt work all the time.

Take away the area effect and have it only cure you but leave its ability to cure alone.

One further question what about the fix to wands and being able to walk through fields like they dont exist? ANYTHING?!?!?!

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

It is also funny that people are so shocked about the Archcure change that I don't see anyone pointing out the lack of IDOC changes that were supposed to be in this publish. I think it goes to show that this Archcure change came completely out of no where and makes no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm wondering too, I just hope it isn't listed on purpose, because there were alot of bug fixes promised, and if all we get is pet ball changes and a nerf to mages, I'll be disappointed beyond belief.

G

Seems like Archcure was originally intended as the counter to poison fields, rather than a replacement for Greater Cure potions. Of course, intentions like that are long lost in the mists of time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ABOSOLUTELY NONE AT ALL IN PVP. The reason being, it doesn't do extra damage to the person you are attacking, so its pointless in a 1v1 wasted speacil, and in group PVP it hits everybody else and makes you change targets sometimes and swing at the wrong person.

Plus, its HORRIBLE against tamers, you can't be anywhere near pets with a hit area effect weapon. Also, you REALLY don't want to be using it as a red versus blues, because then you flag to all of them and they can run into any guardzone and hide after trying to gank you. And if you're a blue you can't use it against a group of reds, or else you get flagged and go grey and now get ganked in guardzone after a group of reds tried ganking you outside.

Anyways, hit spell area really ruins things like serpants fang and taskmaster for regular PVP use. I almost wish it could just be changed to hit harm or hit poisonball or something that would be equivalent to fireball but poison damage.

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeremy, I would say in the typical PvM situation, whether you're running solo or in a group, you use Arch Cure to cure serious poisoning on yourself or another individual. I can't think of any time I've ever used it for the area effect aspect.

Most of my tamers only have between GM and 110 magery. I can't afford 120 magery scrolls for them nor fit that much magery into their templates. If I'm hunting rotting corpses and have the misfortune to bump into one and get poisoned, I often can't cure the poisoning on the first attempt with Arch Cure (using Cure spell's a waste of time) and sometimes it takes two or three attempts to cure it. (I usually have to run away and hope pet survives on its own while I'm somewhat desperately trying to cure the poison.) Same goes for curing it on another person. I always assume it's going to take more than one attempt for the Arch Cure spell to successfully cure the higher levels of poison. I rarely if ever use the spell on my pets because my tamers all have vet skill.

I usually don't carry orange petals or greater cure pots on my tamers when they are in PvM situations. Bandages to use on the pets already take up enough weight as it is. Those characters also all carry spell channeling shields for the extra bump to their resists, making using potions a bit of a pain.

S

Sheri_UO

Most if not all fighter types i pvp verse use dp on a kryss. The reason is the kryss is very fast and they can pretty mush spam DP over and over and over. Archcure is 99.8% useless verse these types because by time you actully if you actully can get one casted without being interrupted they just special move you again. This has been an issue for years. My thoughts would be to either make arch cure cast fast enough to be effective verse krysses or better yet slow down either the kryss or infectious strike.

Whatever you decide to do please do not nerf mages anymore.

I play a nox mage and have for about the last 10 years. We used to get a 5% chance to lp but that was removed for some reason?????

Last thing is.....dont know how to sugar coat this but it seems really bad the games dev's are going to make such a backwards blunder. This change will remove the archcure spell from use and force everyone to carry mad pots.

I also dont understand why weapon properitys are so high? i have seen 4 50% properitys on a single weapon. If you ask me this is totaly out of control and your team should review all weapon properitys.

L

`Lynk

<blockquote><hr>

Most if not all fighter types i pvp verse use dp on a kryss. The reason is the kryss is very fast and they can pretty mush spam DP over and over and over. Archcure is 99.8% useless verse these types because by time you actully if you actully can get one casted without being interrupted they just special move you again. This has been an issue for years. My thoughts would be to either make arch cure cast fast enough to be effective verse krysses or better yet slow down either the kryss or infectious strike.

Whatever you decide to do please do not nerf mages anymore.

I play a nox mage and have for about the last 10 years. We used to get a 5% chance to lp but that was removed for some reason?????

Last thing is.....dont know how to sugar coat this but it seems really bad the games dev's are going to make such a backwards blunder. This change will remove the archcure spell from use and force everyone to carry mad pots.

I also dont understand why weapon properitys are so high? i have seen 4 50% properitys on a single weapon. If you ask me this is totaly out of control and your team should review all weapon properitys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 35% chance to cure is a little low, but 100% to cure is a little high. Of course I'm not going to complain, after all, I play a pot chugging poison/necro mage who casts level 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.