• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] KR Client Patch vers. 2.50.0.3

• Thread starter imported_Lady Tiger
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lady Tiger

is there a way to not down load a patch for KR ...since I don't use it?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1> KR Client Patch vers. 2.50.0.3</br></font> <font size=-1>Jeremy Dalberg </font>
07 Feb 2008 17:00:01

At 5:30PM EST (10:30PM GMT) the Kingdom Reborn client will be updated to version 2.50.0.3. Notes after the jump.</p>

NOTE: this is a VERY large (800 meg) patch. We are working on getting a new executable for download up at all the usual sites, as well as updating the Swift CD option. We also have a background downloader in the works - stay tuned for more news in the next few days.</p> [*]KR: Removed clouds from the daytime display [*]Various localization updates for text [*]Default tab name is now Chat instead of System [*]Fixed hueing in the Paperdoll [*]Treasure maps fixed KR [*]Shopkeeper window revamped. [*]Now supports click and holding on + or -

G

<blockquote><hr>

(...) We are working on getting a new executable for download up at all the usual sites, as well as updating the Swift CD option. (...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that mean that the CD that you buy will now be fully updated (when you have changed it =P)? Cos it will be quicker for me to wait and buy that than to download a 800 meg patch if that's the case

Yay for treasure map fixes! =D

K

kennykilleduo

Stink I just bought the CD a few months ago..Grrr

G

Updated notes to add the reason the patch is huge, namely, that we fixed a vast wodge of broken animations.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Stink I just bought the CD a few months ago..Grrr

[/ QUOTE ]
Hee hee, I'd be more than happy to buy a CD every few months if it means not having to download big patches

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
5:50, and I've not had my KR patch yet. Is there a delay?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

Updated notes to add the reason the patch is huge, namely, that we fixed a vast wodge of broken animations.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya know its gonna come-up ... sooooo ...

Is that a "Full" vast wodge ... a common vast wodge ... or a Avoirdupois to metric units ... vast wodge?

Well done any way ... either way ... ummm ... anyway that anything gets either done and/or un-done ...

Eh! THANKS! ..

G

Sorry - posted in the other thread. The KR patch is taking longer than expected to upload, I'll let you know if it's going to be held up too much longer.

G

No more clouds drifting by lazily and not even as an option?

Add it to the list of "Should be a graphical option for those who want it" along with rain, weather in general, widescreen aspect and so on.

BRING BACK CLOUDS!!

G

Ok Why the HECK would you remove the clouds?
Pretty annoying to have things removed from the game like that.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No more clouds drifting by lazily and not even as an option?

Add it to the list of "Should be a graphical option for those who want it" along with rain, weather in general, widescreen aspect and so on.

BRING BACK CLOUDS!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/signed

I want option to turn on clouds and rain too.

G

Other than the cloud issue... IT'S PATCHURDAY!!!!

*dances Snoopylike for a few minutes*

G

As an option maybe - personally I'll be really glad to have them gone
But I can see that some people would still want them

G

Anything that's a graphical enhancement (i.e. weather/environmental effects, resolutions, and so on) should always be an option for the end user.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok Why the HECK would you remove the clouds?

[/ QUOTE ]
They weren't clouds, they were dragons. Big dragons. And they're going home to roost.

G

If they take away all the cool enhancements then what was the whole point of upgrading the system?
*grumbles*

G

I for one hated the clouds, they made everything look dingy, but there should be an option for those who like the clouds.

G

Patch started.

Guess I'll find something else to do in the meantime.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Patch started.

Guess I'll find something else to do in the meantime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i think i go to bed, i need to go to work in about 4 hours.

G

800 Meg downloaded and patched within 30 minutes... not too shabby. Better than a certain competitor's "torrent" method for certain.

K

kennykilleduo

3/4 of the way threw it and all I can think of is that train when I was a kid... " I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

G

other than like seven bullets in a list, what all does this improve? :p how about the problem where any bar you drag becomes the bar of the last bar you dragged? :/ that fixed ;D?

K

kennykilleduo

yea , its a pretty big patch , but doesnt seem to have alot of meat..

Grr , mine froze up , during last minutes of patching.....

G

So far I haven't seen much in terms of undocumented fixes. Several of the issues I've posted in multiple places are still intact (grid lines breaking through their container gumps, gump offsets when you click and drag on them when you are swapping windows on a multi monitor setup, roof tiles are still not randomized as they were broken last summer, and so on).

On the good side, the monsters do look better, the blue beetle has had a HUGE makeover, and I haven't seen any animation glitches.

Blue Beetle, unmounted/mounted

One improvement, the red solen warrior:

MOST of the mount graphical glitches are fixes, some still remain.

I

imported_Ylias Tendris

i love the animation fixes. Finally the ridables look pretty, especially the giant beetles.

One thing i noticed: When you move below the side wings of a L-tower. All trees and the building, except the foundations disapear, looks like a (new) bug.

G

Most of it is due to animation since they stuck with the 2d stop-motion animation style instead of using polygon frame/skin models.

P

pallas

There are still weapons graphics issues. Just run with a crook and see what I mean... I was hoping those would be fixed as well. :\

G

I noticed that as well, I'm not sure if it is or if I'm expecting it to be.

I do know that the hues on creatures have more and darker contrast than before.

The black ants look SWEET as well, Harpies are darker, haven't checked too many places yet, just some quick runs to favored haunts.

The "twitch" seems to be GONE though which is good.

D

DarkChronus

LOL... That was quite possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in quite a while... :p

*waits for patch*

G

Ultimately it was my decision to remove the clouds. *puts on flame retardant suit*

The clouds as they were implemented didn't achieve the desired effect. They made the game significantly less bright which doesn't fit with the style of Ultima Online. We plan to bring them back in the future once we bring them in line with the overall feel of the game.

G

Couple quick notes.

Dropping items seems to be fixed (i.e. on the ground, possibly on to NPCs but I need to test this with a couple BODs).

BUG: Freeform mode for personal backpacks does not seem to work at all. Cannot place something in my backpack if it is in freeform and object already in the pack are not visible.

HOWEVER!!!!

Testing freeform mode on house secures show that they now place items ACCURATELY within the container. Where you drop the item is where it goes! No more weird offset!

G

Thanks for that Supreem. Rain as well?

Just having them as an option would be appreciated

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ultimately it was my decision to remove the clouds. *puts on flame retardant suit*

The clouds as they were implemented didn't achieve the desired effect. They made the game significantly less bright which doesn't fit with the style of Ultima Online. We plan to bring them back in the future once we bring them in line with the overall feel of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
*pokes*

G

thanks man for the updates, the beetle fix is good to know for such a large patch

and hope KR continues interesting weather

P

PaganOfLegends

Beautiful!!! Just finished patching, and wow! Everything looks clearer. I didn't realize, that the blurry graphics were clouds.

Now I know, they said, clouds will be back as soon as graphics are ironed out more, but I hope there will be the option to turn off clouds.

I am from Hawaii, and you know how we hate clouds.

Have to repeat again. Beautiful!!!

I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

EASupreme, I feel you made the right choice. The clouds were more of a drawback than a graphical treat, like the rain. I think the rain looked good enough to keep. Also, I would love to be able to toggle night effects for elves. I am missing out on the graphical treat of nighttime since I have mostly elf characters. And lastly, perhaps you could consider fog or mist effects in KR? Each effect toggle-enabled, of course. Thank you and keep up the hard work. It is most appreciated.

S

slasherofveils

do the hotkeys to open paperdoll and inventory gumps work now? still d/ling patch.

G

GrazTheStampede

I tried them to see if they worked yet, but no luck. I think I'll still be playing more on the KR client then the 2d thought it's really shaping up from when it first came out.

I

imported_DarkVoid

Jeremy, would it be at all possible to bring back a numeric progress display for the UOAutoPatch program?

Having a visual progress indication as well as the blue bar would enable me on my high-speed ADSL connection to determine whether the patch is going smoothly or whether it'd be worthwhile canceling and holding off for a bit.

A transfer rate in kb/sec would also be nice, and could you please add in the MB size of the patch for future patches, in the notes for it. And if there's going to be an 800MB patch I would definitely like an option to opt out of it - instead of canceling - and get it another way, EG via a file transfer that supports download managers in the background, such as GetRight, etc.

A note on download managers, I set mine so as to take as much advantage of the connection bandwith I have with multiple connections (so it totals around 160kb/sec down) however, provided it lets the manager have at least one connection to the server in cases of heavy load, that would be perfectly acceptable, if you decided not to let multiple connections download to the same PC from one site at the same time.

One thing I would like with the KR patcher especially is to be able to have it downloading and go off and use the 2D client while I wait. I don't understand why this shouldn't be possible.

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

A transfer rate in kb/sec would also be nice, and could you please add in the MB size of the patch for future patches

[/ QUOTE ]

/agrees

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Anything that's a graphical enhancement (i.e. weather/environmental effects, resolutions, and so on) should always be an option for the end user.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things like clouds and weather can only add lag to the game. Lag kills.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Things like clouds and weather can only add lag to the game. Lag kills.

[/ QUOTE ]Any "lag" caused by the clouds is only client-side...
If your computer can't handle displaying the clouds, then it's a problem. If your computer can, then it's tasty eye-candy. Hence the suggestions that it be an option,
Also, lag doesn't always kill.

G

GrazTheStampede

Well like kiminality says, that's going to be more client side. Having the option to take away/add it to the game would make it more fair for everyone. Players with low end computers wouldn't be forced to have them in, so that will reduce any lag, while others with higher end systems maybe able to have the option enabled without increasing lag because of the better hardware.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the clouds were one of those features that really annoyed me. Please, when you bring them back; make them a feature you can disable. I like the concept of clouds. I didn't like clouds.