• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Hi From Cal

D

Duke X. Winter

I sold my +5 Helmet of Endurance on Ebay before we could not longer do that.

I

imported_Electrolyte

<blockquote><hr>

*tugs "box" and keyboard into crook of arm, tighter to chest*

mine

*makes warning rattle with false teeth*

[/ QUOTE ]

...and just when I think I have interpreting Fayled down to an exact science, I'm stunningly reminded that that's more of an ever evolving art form!

On a side note, we've heard a lot of big talk today from The Powers That Be... in fact the last time we heard this kind of talk it was about this time last year, and things got really... intersting... last year... ... let's just hope that this year the momentum can be maintained!

-=\E &lt;waiting with apprehensive anticipation&gt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. Well if you want to tease us. Can you PLEASE give the town criers something to say other than news thats over 2 years old? plz plz ????
like maybe something on the horizon that might be coming or something? Anything Plz Plz Plz!

Thanks.

This msg brought to you by someone who looks at the town criers for news. :p

[/ QUOTE ] Oh man Do I hear that, Very rarely do they have any news, Although whats this about that astronomer in moonglow, whats that all about?

Anywho you know I had read some posts yesterday about the state of UO and all and got perty discouraged, Had thought that maybe just maybe UOs run was about to come to an end. But I tell ya what. After reading these couple of posts from the dev team Im feelin that we will be here in Ten more years complaining about the current state of UO

eh Anyone else notice an increase in new players on thier shards?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome Cal!

I don't suppose you have a large archive of cat pictures ready for posting?

Because someone really needs to pick up on that position.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE have heard this many times over the years from the live team and UO gods in general, so I am sorry, if I doubt your words a little.

Words are easy, deeds are not. So PROVE IT.

Oh almost forgot, Welcome Cal, hope we don't drive you insane to much

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I named a rock group Smock Llama Mama once. But that’s a different story all together.

[/ QUOTE ]
*plops self in a comfy seat and waits to hear the story*

<blockquote><hr>

Our lead designer spends way too much time studying chocolate.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmmm chocolaaaaaaaate... *drools*

<blockquote><hr>

In closing, please stay tuned. We have some amazing, well-scoped, and thoroughly achievable plans...

[/ QUOTE ]
WEEEEE!!!!

Thanks for the giggles and all the good news. Welcome to the UO funnyhouse. Make sure you have a good flame-resistant suit. While some of us can be a little brutal at times, you actually perfectly described the UO player base: "a lot of them silly, most well-intentioned, but all of them passionate about the continued evolution of the Ultima universe". Looking forward to hear more from you in the near future!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok. Well if you want to tease us. Can you PLEASE give the town criers something to say other than news thats over 2 years old? plz plz ????
like maybe something on the horizon that might be coming or something? Anything Plz Plz Plz!

Thanks.

This msg brought to you by someone who looks at the town criers for news. :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I like to see something different when I say, "Open my bank box now", "News", "guards" macro and see the old news from LONG ago. BTW Cal, welcome to UO.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Good luck, and may the all the Deities and Demigods smile on your efforts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How about all of them but the Cthulhu Mythos section of the original Dieties &amp; Demigods Cyclopedia? I'd rather not have to fight tentacled horrors in the next event...

G

Mh, that guy knows Privateer 2. He cant be bad:D

By the way, USE A FREAKING WHOLE SITE TO TELL UO AND NON UO PLAYERS WHEN A STORY ARC BEGINS and what happens.
Take some artwork from concept design and show it!
Even its a model from warhammer. Annouce the event in a form which makes people think "wow, have to join that game, something is going on there".

The most epic story isnt epic or huge if you cant communicate it right.
Order Jeremy to write only about this or whatever.
Use the advantage of a non static world!

Even three new customers would pay out that effort in several month....:D

I

imported_Ozymandies

The efreet was on the cover of the DM Guide. I still have 2 copies.

But welcome, Cal! Hope you enjoy working on UO.

Hokies rule, btw.

OZ

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about all of them but the Cthulhu Mythos section of the original Dieties &amp; Demigods Cyclopedia? I'd rather not have to fight tentacled horrors in the next event...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Dieties, Demi-Gods and Hero's.

I want Stormbringer. (or, if we are getting to pick more, I'll take Coinspinner and Shieldbreaker from Sabrehagen's Book of Swords)

G

<blockquote><hr>

The efreet was on the cover of the DM Guide. I still have 2 copies.

But welcome, Cal! Hope you enjoy working on UO.

Hokies rule, btw.

OZ

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Deamon Buddah on the copy of the Players Handbook.

I still have my baby-blue Dungeons and Dragons box set (came out before the red box).

I

imported_Ozymandies

I don't have the box, but I still have the paperback blue rule-book that only went to level 3.

OZ

U

uo_kaladin

<blockquote><hr>

[image]http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/DevGraph.gif" width="91" height="91" border="5[/image]&lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt; &lt;font size=+1&gt; Hi From Cal&lt;/br&gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;font size=-1&gt;Calvin Crowner&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; 05 Feb 2008 16:49:31 EST &lt;p&gt; We have some great plans in the coming months. There are three major story arcs in the works culminating in what I can only describe for legal and marketing reasons as an “Epic Event” coming this Spring … Applying my First Rule of Molyneux, make that late Spring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I would bet 25 Million gold that the "Epic Event" coming late Spring would be the SA expansion.

I

imported_Sarphus

If it isn't, there's a strong likelihood for grumbling. Actually, there's pretty much always a strong likelihood for grumbling.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Welcome Cal!

I don't suppose you have a large archive of cat pictures ready for posting?

Because someone really needs to pick up on that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw. You made me sad - I had forgotten about CatHat until then

I

imported_JediSith

Cathat alive and well... he has a new job... making catnips lol joking... but does seem he enjoying it...

long live cathat

K

kennykilleduo

He's on the UOHOC....Wooooooooo..

Says he reads the boards..Bet he doesnt...lol...j/k