• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Felucan Trade Caravan!

G

<body>

I received the following notice this morning from Paidric of New Haven, Cheers!</p> <hr> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">
Hello fellow citizens,

Our guild is organising a Trade caravan through Felucca and we are recruiting people to defend our caravan against the pillagers and bandits.
We will depart from the docks of Skara Brae (on the mainland) and we'll travel to the west gate of Britain. </p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">Here is the map of our planned route :

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.

The caravan will depart this Thursday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.</p> <hr> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">
This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
http://caravan.uosites.com/</a>

<span style="font-size:13.5pt">Schedule and organisation</span></p> <ul type="disc" style="margin-bottom: 0cm"> <li class="MsoNormal">The Caravan will depart on Thursday 10 of April at 8PM UK Time (9PM CET - 3PM EST). <li class="MsoNormal">The meeting point is the docks outside of Skara Brae. <li class="MsoNormal">Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:40PM until 8:10PM (the caravan will be on the road already). <li class="MsoNormal">Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved golden Viking Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees. <li class="MsoNormal">The goal is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible. <li class="MsoNormal">The Caravan will be led by an [HLP] guild member (though we expect to die quite a few times being in front). [/list] <p class="MsoNormal">
We hope to see many of you.</p> <p class="MsoNormal">
Paidric. </p> </body>

C

Clx-

This is great. I'd actually transfer a character back to Europa for this, but i'm working thursday night. Oh well.

Good luck with the event. UO Would actually be fun again if things like this happened more often.

I

imported_Paidric

Thanks to W for coming and welcome to all the others who'd join us!

I hope we'll have as many defenders as attackers.. and vice-versa

I'll post the last details on wednesday.

See you all on thursday!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmmmm might have to get credit card and resurrect jack flash or fera cael for this cool idea

i thought I-C left europa after owing me a tip for the castle in minoc, did noxin and wildcat leave you behind??????

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles at dear Paidric*

The twin sister with the cleaver will accompany you, as she may be of more use than the twin sister with the sewing kit. (so you'll have to do your own repairs on the way
)

W

Winder UO

i-c didnt leave euro because of you.. we just hated the tamerpvp mentality here. Some of us are back now however.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No of course they did not leave cos of me, i was only really a thorn in their side, a minor inconvienience (or however it is spelt
)

shame though, i kinda enjoyed running for my life when you lot were around

S

SilentFoxXy

Looking forward to Thursday, Have tried to enlist a few CoD members as well. See you all there

D

davebobbit

This is an awesome idea, in the true spirit of rpg
Ill be there - hmm which side though?

I

imported_Splup

Do you think you need attackers or defenders? Every FEW player has blue and red chars.. I could try to recruit our guild to either defend or attack.

G

Let's spice things up a bit!
I'll pay 500.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the HLP guild AND 250.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the SOAR guild - that's 750k gold per sword reaching the destination, you better defend them dilligently!
100k gold is to be paid by me per such sword delivered by a "bandit" - or a bandit's mate if you can't get inside Britain.

Really looking forward to watching this event

Selina

Disclaimer: Swords must of course be distinguishable from normal swords - I have a weapon engraver which we could use to put a secret message on with.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FFS stop this

i have supposed to have quit!!!!!

this sounds so much fun, i may have to get the card out

G

<blockquote><hr>

Let's spice things up a bit!
I'll pay 500.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the HLP guild AND 250.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the SOAR guild - that's 750k gold per sword reaching the destination, you better defend them dilligently!
100k gold is to be paid by me per such sword delivered by a "bandit" - or a bandit's mate if you can't get inside Britain.

Really looking forward to watching this event

Selina

Disclaimer: Swords must of course be distinguishable from normal swords - I have a weapon engraver which we could use to put a secret message on with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn would be really nice!

I

imported_Paidric

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for your interest.

@ Splup thanks a lot for your proposal, to be frank, I don't have the slighest idea how many people might raid us or not... not having much contact into the PK world... You probably know way more people than me, so, I leave it to you to decide which side you'll choose

@ Selina The swords are Golden Viking Sword crafted by Paidric. I never sold, nor gave away any viking sword (who would use one???) and they are engraved to : Item of the 1st Trade Caravan.

I plan to use such naming for each caravan so you can collect your trophies from each caravan if you are on the attacker side

I look forward to seeing all of you!
Oh... and I'd like to recruit a ninja/stealther reporter... if someone is willing to do the screenshots... that might save me a lot of deaths and grey pictures

K

Kayne

Paidric, you already know im going to be there reporting as i go. Grey pictures in reporting is almost an art form.

I

imported_Paidric

I'd like to have some other color pics than the wandering healers and the depart

Anyway, we'll see how it goes and gather the pictures afterward

G

we will, of course, be coming along - several of our members have an interest in pvp and are very much looking forward to the event

Selina, can you clarify please - SAOR (my guild) or SOAR, someone elses?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use UOAssist?

If you do, and you choose the "view yourself as a chicken" option, you wil get a coloured screen, even if you are dead.

G

Aw man!

I´m working during this event...

Sounds like so much fun. Oh well, have fun everyone!

I

imported_Birdseye

This is the sort of thing that i have been waiting for, since i began playing. Thanks for coming up with a great idea.

I think you all know who PACT will be taking sides with!

I

imported_Splup

<blockquote><hr>

This is the sort of thing that i have been waiting for, since i began playing. Thanks for coming up with a great idea.

I think you all know who PACT will be taking sides with!

[/ QUOTE ]

I quess FEW needs to take defensive side then, since PACT is pretty large guild.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any RP regulations that forbid attacking the Red Cross? *grins*

Perfect timing, as we will have our weekly guild meeting at this time and I expect us to show up to hand out bandages and ale to the wounded ... just don't kill the healers!!

Ah well, I won't count on that ....

*smiles pathetically*

K

Kayne

No fluffi i dont, would be useful for things like this. However if anyone does get some screenshots they can always send them over to me.

G

Ha, wonder if there will be any merc syndicates that try and get swords as a group and split the profits.

At such good rates, maybe the people who will be carrying the swords will get tempted to sell out!

I

imported_Birdseye

Why 1/2 mill for being successful, but only 100000k for us looting them? Seems a bit unfair!

G

Cailleach!

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean your guild of course SAOR - my mistake.

I plan to reward the guild leaders because I know they will put the monies in good use for all the new people arriving on the Europa shard in their respectice guilds. And because defending and honor weigh much more in Felucca

SilBer!

<blockquote><hr>

If it would make things a bit spicier....Ill match the above,will rely upon Paidric to announce the 'Results'

[/ QUOTE ]

This is turning out awesome for everyone!

I can't wait until tonight

G

Cailleach!

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean your guild of course SAOR - my mistake.

I plan to reward the guild leaders because I know they will put the monies in good use for all the new people arriving on the Europa shard in their respectice guilds. And because defending and honor weigh much more in Felucca

SilBer!

<blockquote><hr>

If it would make things a bit spicier....Ill match the above,will rely upon Paidric to announce the 'Results'

[/ QUOTE ]

This is turning out awesome for everyone!

I can't wait until tonight

G

I've sent out a call to arms to CD guildies. We're not a PvP guild but I'm sure that for such a good cause the braver among us will be willing to die a few times (or probably many times
).

We'll be on the side of good and defending (when we're not clutching our death robes) of course.

G

I've sent out a call to arms to CD guildies. We're not a PvP guild but I'm sure that for such a good cause the braver among us will be willing to die a few times (or probably many times
).

We'll be on the side of good and defending (when we're not clutching our death robes) of course.

A

axolotyl

There will need to be a couple of scouts with stealth/tracking/detect to ensure the path is free of stealthers.

A

axolotyl

There will need to be a couple of scouts with stealth/tracking/detect to ensure the path is free of stealthers.

I

imported_Paidric

Thanks again to everyone for their support of the event and for taking part

Thanks to Selina for her proposal of a reward to players, no matter the side

We'll provide gates from Luna Bank as announced starting around 7:40 PM Uk Time (20:40 for the rest of europe)

N'athuk of [HLP] will lead the caravan, well, as long as he'll be alive. I just hope some healers will survive the mayhem to ressurect him

I

imported_Paidric

Thanks again to everyone for their support of the event and for taking part

Thanks to Selina for her proposal of a reward to players, no matter the side

We'll provide gates from Luna Bank as announced starting around 7:40 PM Uk Time (20:40 for the rest of europe)

N'athuk of [HLP] will lead the caravan, well, as long as he'll be alive. I just hope some healers will survive the mayhem to ressurect him

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got word from Scrumpy Jack of GOB that he will be there to see the caravan off ... and maybe make a few coins before everybody looses their fortunes to the insurance company *grins*

He threatened though, that he wrote a song for the occasion and will try to perform it! Be warned and prepared ...

*rummages through back pack for ear plugs*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got word from Scrumpy Jack of GOB that he will be there to see the caravan off ... and maybe make a few coins before everybody looses their fortunes to the insurance company *grins*

He threatened though, that he wrote a song for the occasion and will try to perform it! Be warned and prepared ...

*rummages through back pack for ear plugs*

R

Raj-Europa

Ok then as this is the first of hopefully many caravan events im going to throw some money into the ring.
The prize is going to be for the most community spirited participant either healing and ressing counts for both sides also its going to be based on interaction between the two sides aswell.
So anybody trash talking looses straight away, murders ressing dead protectors and that sort of thing is considered good.
Im going to ask paidric and hola for advice after the event to choose somebody, Im going to be there helping on Rajak with some more NF guildies so you know who I am.
Price money is 5 mill so its worth winning..................
Cyas all there

R

Raj-Europa

Ok then as this is the first of hopefully many caravan events im going to throw some money into the ring.
The prize is going to be for the most community spirited participant either healing and ressing counts for both sides also its going to be based on interaction between the two sides aswell.
So anybody trash talking looses straight away, murders ressing dead protectors and that sort of thing is considered good.
Im going to ask paidric and hola for advice after the event to choose somebody, Im going to be there helping on Rajak with some more NF guildies so you know who I am.
Price money is 5 mill so its worth winning..................
Cyas all there

S

SilentFoxXy

I'll pay 500.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the HLP guild

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to confirm, I am adding 500k per sword to reach destination to the HLP Guild, so thats 1 mill total offered for EACH sword, 500 from myself and 500 from Selina

Ill rely on Paidric for a list of whom to award the prizes to , hope thats ok with Paidric:)

Selina has also offered an additional 250.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the SOAR guild

Its an hour away now and I cant wait....

Im really hoping this wont be a massacre and totally put off the many amongst us who have yet to tread into PvP. Its a whole half of the game Ive been longing to try, but never had the umph behind me to support,teach , help , etc etc.

So heres to all us good uns working together to ensure we safely make it from A to B:)

So big thanks to Paidric for this idea....

S

SilentFoxXy

I'll pay 500.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the HLP guild

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to confirm, I am adding 500k per sword to reach destination to the HLP Guild, so thats 1 mill total offered for EACH sword, 500 from myself and 500 from Selina

Ill rely on Paidric for a list of whom to award the prizes to , hope thats ok with Paidric:)

Selina has also offered an additional 250.000 gold for each of those 8 swords to reach the destination to the SOAR guild

Its an hour away now and I cant wait....

Im really hoping this wont be a massacre and totally put off the many amongst us who have yet to tread into PvP. Its a whole half of the game Ive been longing to try, but never had the umph behind me to support,teach , help , etc etc.

So heres to all us good uns working together to ensure we safely make it from A to B:)

So big thanks to Paidric for this idea....

I

imported_Splup

FEW is very experienced PvP guild and we'r coming to help defend. Just hoping enough of us are online, atleast 5 of us promised to come, but 3 of us online atm... Still more then hour to go so still waiting

I

imported_Splup

FEW is very experienced PvP guild and we'r coming to help defend. Just hoping enough of us are online, atleast 5 of us promised to come, but 3 of us online atm... Still more then hour to go so still waiting

G

<blockquote><hr>

FEW is very experienced PvP guild

[/ QUOTE ] * coughs *