• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Fairground Design Contest

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just took a tour of the area UNDER Occlo. It is a neat little place. Big space, a lot of existing decor, however I am not sure if we want to make the place easy access to everyone or keep it "secret".

I really do not like the zebra strip/zigzag pattern of the trees on Occlo, but if we as a shard think Occlo would be best for oru fairgrounds, I will make it work. I was thinking of using the farmland to the SE of the city, instead of the area NE. A little more open room and already existing decor, although it is a smaller area.

I need to start taking screen shots of the area and piecing it all together. This might take me days, so I really need to get started. Unless..... someone else already has???? :D

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am for Ocllo no matter where they let ya set it up. :) Just remember sw-ish is them darn dark wisps, some of us would be dead before we got to eat our corndogs. :)

SE Ocllo sounds cool I was thinkin of that too...if there is room.

*ponders* There is also a lot of wasted sand space on n. NuJel too that might work..and some coastal areas that are peninsulas unless someone slapped homes all over them south of Brit and Trinsic or by Honor or one of them kinds of peninsulas ...anywhere maybe some far flung empty lands from Minoc, Compassion sands or around to Safehaven..or OLD WORLD be nicer than LUNA, bleh. I figure that Marble Island is full of homes least it was last time I went out there...maybe some other island old world ? Bucs Den won't work too many trees and annoying lines crossing it all, I suppose.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 days to go and I am no where near done designing. It takes soooo much time to do using InsideUO. I hope someone is submitting a design bc I don't think I am going to make the deadline.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure you have the enterance lined with those slipping ice patches!

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no patty! ur sieges only hope to an original fairgrounds in occolo if u don't submit one they will give us a lame trammie one located next to luna, this is a shard of degenerates! we can't craft fairgrounds only u can, ur like the chosen one :p

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok maby not the whole shard just like 3 4ths of it the rest are successful bussiness peoples that wear suits and have fancy confrence meetings for the globalcide corpirations that control the world, have butlers pick that pick up and drop off drycleaning, that's what at least what I've been told

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that would be cool but I can't contribute anything but silly ideas, its all up to who evere will actuily be doing the the work and as far as I know its just patty....but how bout a maze but like built out of bodyparts and litterd with guts and blood end like maby sum kind of mean random scary monster that's not uber but still tuff enuff to make it hard to finish without dieing

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If I could find the time, I would make Safe Haven to a real town. The large guardfort could easy be changes to a center for the town with bank, stable, smith, tailor, carpenter, tavern and other needed npc's. I could also find room for a gate. Just no guards, we would not need them.

I think that could bring some life back to this old famed place.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no patty! ur sieges only hope to an original fairgrounds in occolo if u don't submit one they will give us a lame trammie one located next to luna, this is a shard of degenerates! we can't craft fairgrounds only u can, ur like the chosen one :p
Damn, Stinky.... way to make me feel guilty!! :twak:

Am I really the only one who considered doing this??? The underground area in Occlo is HUUUUUUUUGE! My guild and alliance mates helped me tremendously with ideas, but it's just time-consuming. Oh man.....I don't want some default fairgrounds in Luna. .....:wall: I will do my best. Anyone else is more than welcome to step up to the challenge!!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest the fairgrounds consist of nothing except my glorious image, forever burned onto the shard.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I am working on the design again. I am creating a duel= pit (we can't have a fairgrounds on siege without a duel pit). But I was thinking....instead of having the basic, flat, standard duel pit....how about one with obstacles like lava tiles and rocks you cant walk over, walls, semi-stairs and platforms.... would that throw an interesting twist into dueling or just be dumb?

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that sounds pretty cool maby some pilars of fire like in cove..... and some cover like a few walls here and there so it won't be one sided with archers or mages, I dunno I'm sure it will be pretty cool whatever u do as long as u keep murder, brutality and comedy in mind (seems like the average sieger to me)

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked for the icy patch but couldn't find the graphic. :( This is definitely not my best work. So far I have a beer tent, a stage area, the "obstacle" dueling pit with seating. I want to still add a chicken/animal fighting pit and food tents. I really want to make a maze, with hazards, but I think I would actually have to draw it out on paper first and I don't know if I have that kind of motivation. I want to add boats to the water. I love the idea of bumper boats, but I don't think that would actually work. *sighs*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Maybe we could ask for an extension?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn that's hard work, I just finish my Fairground and submitted it.

I choose this place

Siege do have alot of desert places where noone want to hang out as it is to far from everything.

It's perfect to become a centre for Safe Haven. A gate, a Inn, a stable and hopefull a set NPC vendors would be nice but guess that's more than we can hope for but I try anyway.

Alot of unused guard forts could be useful with Ilshenar Gupsy vendors.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siegers! Here is your opportunity to create a lasting impression on the shard. Each shard is receiving a fair grounds, and we get to build our own! EM Quantum is hosting a design contest. Submissions must be received by August 15th.

More details here:
Has anyone gone to Submission page? Why text only submission...I was unable
to give jpeg or pdf version of the design...!?

Something is missing with procedure...am I going to get an Email from the EM?
and then I get to send attachements?

I guess I am finished with this...for now.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you have to describe your vision.

"There should totally be a place where you can fight, and there should be NPC vendors, and it should be a guard zone, and special NPCs in blaze bikinis should sell you dragons! Also, it should register a 9.5 on the Awesum scale!"

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you have to describe your vision.

"There should totally be a place where you can fight, and there should be NPC vendors, and it should be a guard zone, and special NPCs in blaze bikinis should sell you dragons! Also, it should register a 9.5 on the Awesum scale!"
I did...but I have jpeg and pdf versions of the design for them to see.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the submission details have a bit of an oversight in them. . .

I don't think you'd be out of line to email it to him at [email protected]
I looks like the procedure is to go to the link and click on Submissions.
Fill out the text information... send it. Then...
Wait for a returned Email... then attach files to the Return Email...

I like stuff spelled out...but...minimal information makes me nervous.
Sure enough if I say nothing...I be wrong...with no excuse for saying nothing.

*squeek* and...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i think another moongate on the mainlands is suck, no offense, but a moon gate in occolo err whatever with stuff to do or at lease to see is a far better plan in my eyes

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, this is Siege.:coco:

So, we need:

A ferris wheel with high-velocity ejector seats. Targeting features optional.
A haunted house with all exits leading to the lower-end of Bedlam.
Exploding bumper cars. Sorry, bumper horses.
Poisonable Candy Floss. Got to keep our cooks happy.
Hall of mirrors - with polymorph effects.
A fortune teller. "You will soon be going on a journey..." Oh look, I'm in the Gauntlet... OoooOooOo
The roller coaster, shaped like a dragon, or course, complete with lots of traps, archers, etc.
Holy water dunking chairs for vampires, Swamp water/acid chairs for the rest of us.
Shooting range - win various "stuffy" pets or something equally cuddly. One in ten comes to life with the stats of an ancient wyrm, and attacks its winner.

Every halloween, the fair could be set into "peaceful" mode for a change.

As to a location - isn't it time Lord Blackthorn's castle saw some use?
If not, how about some of those unreachable spots in the Tokuno mountains?
Failing that, I'm all for demolishing Luna.

S

Sweeney

Honestly people.. think of what will get used. A dueling arena (larger and more complex than an 18x18) , a maze (for newbies to it), a theatre (in the greek style, maybe someday we will have poets and playwrites), a gathering place (although if it's not a guardzone I doubt it will be used).

Eye candy is nice and all.. but utilitary things make more sense. Think of all the current eye candy spots that aren't used, and why. Bagball arena, chess tables, etc.

[This actually gives me an interesting idea for a play.. the playwrite writes each part separately, with #s beside each line and action, none of the actors know the others lines. The playwrite/director in party chat says #5 and all the actors react. Would at least be fun for the actors, like a madlib with most of the blanks filled in.]

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to let everyone know (well, those who are interested) that I did NOT submit a design. I simply was not motivated to do so, even with the wealth of suggestions. It was just too much work for something that would most likely never be anything more than eye candy. I apologize to those who were hoping for a fairgrounds w/a moongate on Occlo. Hopefully someone out there submitted a design on Occlo.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly people.. think of what will get used. A dueling arena (larger and more complex than an 18x18) , a maze (for newbies to it), a theatre (in the greek style, maybe someday we will have poets and playwrites), a gathering place (although if it's not a guardzone I doubt it will be used).

Eye candy is nice and all.. but utilitary things make more sense. Think of all the current eye candy spots that aren't used, and why. Bagball arena, chess tables, etc.

[This actually gives me an interesting idea for a play.. the playwrite writes each part separately, with #s beside each line and action, none of the actors know the others lines. The playwrite/director in party chat says #5 and all the actors react. Would at least be fun for the actors, like a madlib with most of the blanks filled in.]
I've always wanted to be able to make my own music sheets for musicianship skill... Imagine a band on the stage giving a concert, with original music, and all the different instruments in game could sound great.

Would give the bards something else to do with the useless music skill :D
anything less than GM and you risk failing to play whats on the sheet.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Wonder how many who did submit a design.
Sad to hear, that you did not submit yours.
Mine is a little crappy as the guard fort is very large and I had very little time for it.
I do hope I have a chance as it will bring more life to east Brit.
I hope it's ok to post it.

The place.

1. floor did not need much changes inside and do already have a healer selling bandages. Here is a Inn to sleep/logout in and a place to get help after a fight. I also placed a gate here. It may not be the best place to sit and eat as there may be some fighting. There won't be any guards at the gate or in the fort other than evt. player guards.

2. floor do have a bank and place for the crafters to sell their wares, here is need for a few NPC vendors. There is also a place for our youngest to train

3. floor are both for feast and for the performer to do their fair. There is a scene too. A npc or two selling food and drinks here would be nice. That's my dream for the centre of Safe Haven.

I had to cut and paster to get the whole fort in one image.