• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Cu training help

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went back to fight Narvey but my reptalion was stuck on 25% for a long time and wasn't really doing any damage. I probably shouldn't go to that spot in Royal city alone since I am not still good at this. Thank you for backing me up there. Where do you suggest I go to train up my rept to get him past the 25%? Sorry for all the questions and thank you for you counsel.
If you do anything to the Cu you finished.

1. Set the base damage to Maximum
2. Put any 120 scrolls on you have
3. You need to get the skills to 100. Parry will not be there until GM wrestling
4. Do not push any red buttons
5. Keep skilling the dog.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Since you are on later than most of the hardcore tamers on LS, you need to kill that Navrey. Use the rocks. Do a search to see how that works. With your pet and 2 rock drops you can kill the Navrey in less than 15 mins if no one else is there.

We can put you in our guild and you may find others on late.

Ill be on till midnight tonight. We can get the Cu up to 100% in about 20 min like we did the reptalon last night.
Any tips or hints on how to get the Cu up to 100% in only 20min? It takes me a lot longer even with 3 wind eles smacking it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Takes 8 min or less to get 25% on the Crazy Mage if you are alone.

I have never tried a wind ele, After you get resists you can use the unbound vortexs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Takes 8 min or less to get 25% on the Crazy Mage if you are alone.

I have never tried a wind ele, After you get resists you can use the unbound vortexs.
I dual client my Tamer and my Archer at the Crazed and have the archer kill it as I'm gaining about the time my pet stops gaining he just about has it dead... so then a new one spawns... using this method I can get to 100% in about 30 or 40 min...

Now you can get to 100% in about 20 min if you are super good and know what you are doing and go to Ter Mur and fight the big green blobs over there in the abandoned city... while those things will rip through your pet in short order there is a way to actually do it and not lose your pet... Night Terrors I think they are called... anyway they give faster larger gains than the crazed mages... as well they should as they are NASTY.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great you have an archer also. I would like to know how you duel client and do that. I had to go back to kill the dino's with my archer in order to get a fresh spawn. I didn't know you could have two accounts but I guess if you have 2 computers and open up another account, it is possible. Now that it is free to play, I might do that even though it will take me a while to get the stats to where my archer is now. Hehe, NIght Terrors, that was so fun. I might go hunt one with my archer and see just how tough it is.
I have all the scrolls I need for all my pets and hope to see you and Don later.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dual client my Tamer and my Archer at the Crazed and have the archer kill it as I'm gaining about the time my pet stops gaining he just about has it dead... so then a new one spawns... using this method I can get to 100% in about 30 or 40 min...
Yup I use an imbued bane bow from the invasions on my archer bard. They say those are not reponds but I have tried one with no slayer and one with repond and the repond slayer bow is faster. Finish it with WoDs. On LS the problem is getting to be there 40 mins alone.

I would like to know how you duel client and do that.
Copy UO Patch to your desktop and open it as many times as you need to open all the toons you have.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yup I use an imbued bane bow from the invasions on my archer bard. They say those are not reponds but I have tried one with no slayer and one with repond and the repond slayer bow is faster. Finish it with WoDs. On LS the problem is getting to be there 40 mins alone.
Most other tamers on GLs use the Allosaurus I think they are big blue guys... you can generally find 4 of them in Eodon... Which will probably get you to 100 in about 30 to 40 min so long as no one else is using them and you can find all 4 quickly and get them isolated enough to work up your pet on them. They gain about the same as a Crazed Mage...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most other tamers on GLs use the Allosaurus I think they are big blue guys... you can generally find 4 of them in Eodon... Which will probably get you to 100 in about 30 to 40 min so long as no one else is using them and you can find all 4 quickly and get them isolated enough to work up your pet on them. They gain about the same as a Crazed Mage...
We did those when he finished putting resists on. Those are too deadly for a untrained pet so you need a tank which means slower gains. A tank and a pet with resists can take one out about the time the trainee reaches max. I am really good at separating out one and bringing it back to the bridge entry.

You don't have to hunt the mage and separate it out. So, mage is faster.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Now you can get to 100% in about 20 min if you are super good and know what you are doing and go to Ter Mur and fight the big green blobs over there in the abandoned city... while those things will rip through your pet in short order there is a way to actually do it and not lose your pet... Night Terrors I think they are called... anyway they give faster larger gains than the crazed mages... as well they should as they are NASTY.
What is your technique for the Night Terrors Malag?
I assume max the resists first before you go there, and run consume 100% time, whisper. GH on occasion..Anything else with the Night Terrors? ( Do they cast area poison by theway?) TY in advance..
This would be great when the Crazy Mage is busy..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is your technique for the Night Terrors Malag?
I assume max the resists first before you go there, and run consume 100% time, whisper. GH on occasion..Anything else with the Night Terrors? ( Do they cast area poison by theway?) TY in advance..
This would be great when the Crazy Mage is busy..
Mark a rune on the outskirts. You cant run consume, it cant keep up with the damage and you will run out of mana from your healing and curing if you try to use it.

Pull one away from the rest. You stand back and spam heal, cure, and dispel. Recall to your safe spot when your pet is about to die. Go back to that same one and do it again.

You learn how to heal and cure your pet with magic on those. I trained a skree from start to finish on them when the revamp came out.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Mark a rune on the outskirts. You cant run consume, it cant keep up with the damage and you will run out of mana from your healing and curing if you try to use it.

Pull one away from the rest. You stand back and spam heal, cure, and dispel. Recall to your safe spot when your pet is about to die. Go back to that same one and do it again.

You learn how to heal and cure your pet with magic on those. I trained a skree from start to finish on them when the revamp came out.
Sweet info..Thanks..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's my technique mark a rune a bit off from where you are pulling the Night Terror when your pet starts to go down recall to the marked location vet up your pet and go back at it... The night terror will be jerked back to it's spawn location if you drag it too far off but if you wait he'll usually come back on his own.

Sometimes a second Night Terror will come try to play recall away reseparate the two and go back at it. It can be very deadly though... Just have to watch... you can't get close enough to the pet to vet or it'll come eat you in a couple of hits.

Won't do with pets that aren't trained up at least some and won't do with fragile pets... works ok with Cu's and such which have decent ways of healing themselves.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Copy UO Patch to your desktop and open it as many times as you need to open all the toons you have.
I tried that but it would not let me log into the server while I have another character playing. I have a bane bow from the invasion also but it is a heavy and I don't like those. My archer stamina is high enough that I can get it to 1.5 seconds on a composite. I wish I could get it to 1.25 but you need like 225 stamina for that which is a waste. There is over a 60 point difference between each and I would rather be at 160 stamina, hit at 1.5 sec, and get armor with mana and hpi. I am not sure if you can even get to 225 stamina in the game but if you do, you won't have any mana for special attacks. I made a complete set of slayers and will try the repond as soon as I can find the darn Night Terror. I looked everywhere around Mur and can't find him. I will imbue my bane bow and try though along with all my others to see which slayer is best.
They say on the hunter's guide that demon slayers work on void creatures but I found my dragon slayer works best.
I am picking up my scrolls now from Atlantic shard and will be in Luna in about a half hour.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried that but it would not let me log into the server while I have another character playing. I have a bane bow from the invasion also but it is a heavy and I don't like those. My archer stamina is high enough that I can get it to 1.5 seconds on a composite. I wish I could get it to 1.25 but you need like 225 stamina for that which is a waste. There is over a 60 point difference between each and I would rather be at 160 stamina, hit at 1.5 sec, and get armor with mana and hpi. I am not sure if you can even get to 225 stamina in the game but if you do, you won't have any mana for special attacks. I made a complete set of slayers and will try the repond as soon as I can find the darn Night Terror. I looked everywhere around Mur and can't find him. I will imbue my bane bow and try though along with all my others to see which slayer is best.
They say on the hunter's guide that demon slayers work on void creatures but I found my dragon slayer works best.
I am picking up my scrolls now from Atlantic shard and will be in Luna in about a half hour.
Look for Allen in Chat. I guess I didn't give you a rune to the Night Terror. But first we need to get the CU finished so you can skill it up.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I am at the bank with scrolls. I have 120's for chiv, meditation, focus,wrestling, anatomy, tactics, healing, spellweaving, and more. Should I use the 120's cause I have 110's? Probably the 120's since I will be using the Cu alot. I will be on for all night so when you or Don can get up there. Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I am at the bank with scrolls. I have 120's for chiv, meditation, focus,wrestling, anatomy, tactics, healing, spellweaving, and more. Should I use the 120's cause I have 110's? Probably the 120's since I will be using the Cu alot. I will be on for all night so when you or Don can get up there. Thanks
Im at the stable. We been chatting. Didnt see you. Turn on gen chat. lol

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I heard you can go on Felluca and have one pet fight another. Well, I took my battle chicken and had it attack my Cu. I told my Cu to follow and the chicken to attack it. Well, my chicken was toast. I don't know why my Cu fought back since i told him to follow, my peace tab was on, and he was not guarding. I have a bunch of battle chickens and some still in their shell. I heard there was a battle chicken fight on Lake but forgot the date.
My next build is my hiryu but I would like you to look at it first to see if it's worth training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lessers have more points. I think I have a spare trained one.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the shadow ele training help. I was walking away doing something else cause it was just kinda boring watching the screen for hours and just when I returned, a earth ele walked up. WEEWOO good thing I came when I did huh. I do have a question but not with training. My maximum mana shows 261 but it will only fill up to 251. Do you know why it won't fill up all the way?
I didn't get my CU up to complete training cause of that ele and it was running late but only about 4 points in anatomy and 7 in parrying (that's only to 100 on that cause i forgot my scroll.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a lot of mana 261 thats 10 items with +10 mana. My highest is 208.

No idea why the mana would not go all the way up.