• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newbie Cu training help

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I just got my Cu to the advanced training level. I have read a lot on the different setups but wanted to know how to get the most of my points. I read that choosing some abilities first is important but not certain the exact steps in doing it. I am looking for maybe Chiv and AI but open to suggestions. My question being what should I choose first and after each slot advancement? Thanks

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening,Toranaga There are many fine builds for the cus, this is very true.. Luckly they coded this pet very well... So the path you take on the first lvl can act as a foundation for all of the other builds... This is the path I take on all starting cus I intend to give away to tamers new to the system.. First teach it armor ignore.. because honestly any pet that can learn this move should have it... It is by far The best move a pet can learn... next set its dex and stam to 150 .. this gives it increased swing speed and unmounted ground speed.. This next part will vary depending upon the cu...but fix its Resist.. Most of them will have 70-85 cold and energy... Ive found that so long as you max phy and fire to 80 and put the rest in poison you are pretty well covered... Its ok if fire ends up being around 75 in some cases... but if ya can avoid this fate I would.. as its not much on most fire attack just an extra 5-10 damage on most spells.. but on special moves from bosses like a breath attack you will find that missings 5 points in fire adds up to be an extra 30-40 damage and that type of spike can end badly..as a once 120 breath now hits for 150-160 and even more of some bosses... Next is the regens max Hp to 20 and 30 mana regen... Now depending on the cus born resistances and str you might have enough to max str at this points leaving you with just enough to toss in about 10-50 mana.. Specs will vary depending on play style and what you intend to do with this pet...But Ive found that for the most part... a good amount of cus will always end lvl one like this if the owner is uncertain of the path they wish to take...
The 2nd stage.. Now this is crunch time..I would go to test and try out a few specs and see which one fits you best... with the build Ive given you above because cu as so well coded it allows you to add an aoe or magical move... If you intend this pet to be pure single target or an EM event pet I would avoid a 2nd move.. as Goo is currently the strongest aoe , but tend to misdirect your pets to targets you don't intend it to be on out of champ spawns and such... and drains mana on what could of been empowered combos.. the 2nd option which is a 2nd move I would also avoid as it takes points away from more stats that would be of better use and also lowers the chance of those mazing combos the build you are aiming happening.. which brings us to option 3 and the one I would shot for...( depending on your play style).. which is adding chiv Now be aware that after adding chiv you will lose the option for the 2nd move.. so be certain of this path before you do so.... Going into stage 2... no matter what you do.. the 2 most important things will be this.. max str (if its not already) and max out base damage.. A pet lacking max based damage is sadly a sub par pet ,so make sure ya don't miss this as str and base damage being max will be your bread and butter for this build...
Sadly there is a limit to how much I can post as a give time.. so I will stop here by saying this .. if you add but 1 120 for this build make it 120 chiv.. its a farily cheap PS and increase the duration of all of spells , the effectiveness of enemy of one, and the 2nd heal from chiv.. a chiv pet with 120 chiv will dance circle around one with only 115.. I hope this helps mate.. I would make 7-12 copies of the pet in question and enjoy building it as ya go.. if ya have any question feel free to post or message me..I rather enjoy going to test and watching people make their perfect pet.. and would meet ya there if ya like...just let me know..but until then have a wonderful night. =^-^=

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I just got my Cu to the advanced training level. I have read a lot on the different setups but wanted to know how to get the most of my points. I read that choosing some abilities first is important but not certain the exact steps in doing it. I am looking for maybe Chiv and AI but open to suggestions. My question being what should I choose first and after each slot advancement? Thanks
There is a very good tutorial on Cus in the tamer forum by Pawain..Go over it, and then before you do anything in the production shard copy the tamer char to TC1 and give it a try there first..You dont want to waste hours of your work training the Cu..If you ruin it in prodo it will hurt..
Look at the Cus stats etc and training point expenditure on the tutorial..Lots of useful info there.
Chiv and AI are pretty good for single target. They cast EoO and that in mixed mob will hit the Cu very hard. Sadly, this affects all Chiv pets, and we cannot control when and if they cast EoO. Chiv/AI is probably the highest damager combo, again the best for single target, like Boss creatures like Lady M etc..GL and welcome on board..

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
WOW. Thank you Donovan, Pawain, and Celticus for the great advice. I have a number of tamed pets but this is my first that I have been able to get up to advanced training. I will certainly go with the chiv/AI build. I am usually a PVM player although I do at times play with a few others, I usually go out alone at single targets if possible. I am a legendary mage tamer with a several armor builds that I can switch out in an instant like one for 150+ spell damage, one for 256 mana, 2200+ luck suit, and a melee suit so I can defend myself no matter the situation without using a pet. When I do use a pet, I usually let him do the work unless he gets over his head and I have to step in. My tamer stats are 135hp, 32 stam, 256 mana, 127 str, 23 dex, 150 intel, max resists elf, lrc 110, sdi 60, fc/fcy 2/6, lmc 40, hpr 18, mpr 30, dci 40 which is my tamer suit I usually wear but can macro to other suits.
I am still a little shaky when it comes to mobs and usually only go for neutral targets. My home shard is Lake and if anyone would like to help me, I would really appreciate it. I do have a legendary archer capable of killing GD's easily alone so if anyone needs a good archer, I am available. I also have a gar with max imbuing, arms lore, tailoring, blacksmithy, and carpentry so I can make stuff in return for help.
I do have one question. How and when do I use power scrolls on my CU?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ive found that so long as you max phy and fire to 80 and put the rest in poison you are pretty well covered... Its ok if fire ends up being around 75 in some cases... but if ya can avoid this fate I would.. as its not much on most fire attack just an extra 5-10 damage on most spells.. but on special moves from bosses like a breath attack you will find that missings 5 points in fire adds up to be an extra 30-40 damage and that type of spike can end badly..as a once 120 breath now hits for 150-160 and even more of some bosses...
What exactly are you fighting where 120 damage fire breaths are a regular occurrence? Your math also doesn't really add up for how much of a difference 5% resist will make. For 5% fire resist to make a difference of 5-10 damage, the initial attack would need to be 100-200 damage against no resists. Within the realm of possibility for some attacks sure. Now for 5% fire resist to make a difference of 30-40 damage per hit, the initial hit would need to be around 585-800 before resists. I can't think of any attack in the game that hits that hard. I think the hardest my pet has ever been hit is an AI damage reflect from Semidar.

There are a lot of schools of thought when it comes to resists. The 3 main ones are 80/75/70/70/70, 80/80/45/80/80, 80/80/80/45/80. Everyone will have their own opinion on which one is best, but I feel the proper way help out a new/returning player would be to list the most common options, some pros and cons of each, and let them make the decision. Saying for them to avoid having only 75 fire resist if at all possible is not accurate, especially when followed by an example where the math doesn't line up.

I will give credit to @Pawain's CU guide though, as he does say to "Set the resists how you like", which I feel is the right approach.

I'm personally not a fan of the 80/80/45/80/80 or 80/80/80/45/80 resist spreads. You are potentially hindering your pet for future content, or content you haven't explored yet. Sure, some would say just to make a pet for each specific encounter with tailored resists, but not everyone can afford to scroll out 20 pets to have one for each encounter. I typically do 80/75/70/70/70 on my pets and have never had an instance where I cry out "Darn, I wish i had 80 Energy or 80 Fire for this!". Even if that 5% damage was making a 40 damage difference, if 40 damage is making or breaking your pet, you are probably doing something wrong in the encounter.

Of course that is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions :)

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Khyro, Depending on the pet and the what you intend for it I like to mix up the resist too.. but the pet in question was a Chiv cu.. where the Resist are normally pretty set.. If you go to the burning mage with a 75 fire , then again with a 80 fire cu you will find my math is spot on.. It being a chiv cu the recoil of enemy of one from other monster makes this damage even more then the 30-40 damage I listed before,,, Proving my math to be spot on.. So I just believe its always best to plain head for what may Occur more often then not.. and while it most cases the 80 fire on cu not make or break.. on many fights in the game it gives the tamer alot of Lee way.. Making these type of Chiv pets far more effective in my book... but then again as you said before its all a matter of playstyle and opiniions.. Its always best to have people double checking figures especially when it proves your math to be correct thanks for that .. just a fast recap 75 fire is 30-40 extra damage then pets with 80 fire on the burning mages breath attack..(which can easily hit pets that have not gone through the pet training for over 500(120ish for pets with 80) especially cu(low starting fire RS), there is a lot of content its easy to over look ) and this number can go even higher if enemy of one is in effect on something else.. thanks for confirming my math figures and proving they are very much in line yet again ^_~

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Khyro, Depending on the pet and the what you intend for it I like to mix up the resist too.. but the pet in question was a Chiv cu.. where the Resist are normally pretty set.. If you go to the burning mage with a 75 fire , then again with a 80 fire cu you will find my math is spot on.. It being a chiv cu the recoil of enemy of one from other monster makes this damage even more then the 30-40 damage I listed before,,, Proving my math to be spot on.. So I just believe its always best to plain head for what may Occur more often then not.. and while it most cases the 80 fire on cu not make or break.. on many fights in the game it gives the tamer alot of Lee way.. Making these type of Chiv pets far more effective in my book... but then again as you said before its all a matter of playstyle and opiniions.. Its always best to have people double checking figures especially when it proves your math to be correct thanks for that .. just a fast recap 75 fire is 30-40 extra damage then pets with 80 fire on the burning mages breath attack..(which can easily hit pets that have not gone through the pet training for over 500(120ish for pets with 80) especially cu(low starting fire RS), there is a lot of content its easy to over look ) and this number can go even higher if enemy of one is in effect on something else.. thanks for confirming math figures are very much in line again .. ^_~
Actually I would say that you proved my point that 80 Fire Resist really isn't worth it. You are suggesting to set Fire Resist at 80 in order to do Burning Mages, which are only ever done to level pets when Crazed Mage is too busy (or people are too lazy to get a Pirate/Allosaurus). Still seems like a waste if you ask me, mate ^_~

You say it's always best to plan ahead for what may occur, which is exactly the point I was making with 80/75/70/70/70 resists. You never know what content is going to be release that your now 45 cold or 45 poison resist pet cannot do, because it was poorly planned out. So thanks for confirming that point I was making as well mate.

You are providing a niche case as the reason for doing something, instead of providing options to a player and letting them make the decision. You are advocating they go 80 fire resist because they can take a 150 damage hit from bosses, but in reality this is a niche mob that most likely will not be relevant to most players.

Just my $0.02, but we all know how people on this forum lean.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Toranaga, I'm glad I could be of service... The demand for power scrolls for pets is very higher in this age of tamers.... But luckly we can plan for the future.. For your build I like the add the power scrolls in the last round.. Adding power scrolls requires points investments .. I don't want to bog you down with to many figures so I will try and keep it simple.. (Im known for huge blocks of info that often hard to read..lol) I like to 120 my pets out, but this can become rather pricey, so in most cases I will add some 110s-115s and just keep enough bank points to add the 120s later, as it will all end up being the same amount of points required no matter what order or value of PS you add.. For your build of Cu I like to sand bag 650 points... this is about 30 points over what is required to add all 120s, but I like to do so because of a bug that makes it so you require a hair over what you really need to add certain PS( I call it the round up bug).. I like to play it safe then sorry.. To do this lore the pet and hit the blue button to open the gump Go into increase magical or combat skill caps.. Now if its wrest then go to the bottom and and use the arrows to increase the cap to what the current scroll is.. after that hit train and the PS will be added to the pet.( make sure the PS is in your main bag and not in a bag in a bag and that you are not on a E mount).. I see you run magery in your build.. here is a little tip to help you get more damage out of this build... if you are running eval int.. Bless your pet and then yourself.(this give you the timer)
Depending on your magery and eval lvl this increases str of your Cu by 77-91 and for chiv pets under the effects fo ene of one this is huge damage.. another route is getting tasty treats and feeding them to your pet right as a boss comes out be it EM , champ, peer, or what ever.... this increase its stats by 5% for 10 mins.. I could be wrong but I think they hot fixed it where Bless and Tasty treats no longer stack..(I will test this last on but if anyone know please share the into hehe) You will find other things that help along the road like partying with bards that uses mastery..
I hope this helps ,mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post or ask here.. oh and when ya get done make sure to post the pics of the pet in the "what Im working on" or finished pets thread."

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I agree with ya Khyro , I have a mare and a bane with the 80 75 70 70 70.. its a good alround rs build and leaves room for most encounters. My cus sadly because of its huge cold and energy rs ended about 80 80 75 50 80 ... I by no means wish to limits players.. which is why I always tell them its best to hit up test shard..first to see if it fits their play style.. I found that the Em events on my shard use a lot of fire attacks and that the math behind them share that of the burning mage in shame .. and to my dismay the P. lich *hates the huge exploding circle..lol* Its important we help them leave it open as a choice and not a "You must!' I;ve gotten into the habbit listing things which work best for me and not posting more of the other options..rather just saying they are out there.. that is something I will work on ..as I don't want to misdirect any of the returning players.. I thank you for your input.. as it is very valued. =^-^=

North_LS

Journeyman
we're lucky enough to have enough stable slots these days that we can tailor different pets for different encounters. I have a couple with balanced resists for general purpose encounters, and others with resists designed to be better under more specific circumstances.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
but if ya can avoid this fate I would.. as its not much on most fire attack just an extra 5-10 damage on most spells.. but on special moves from bosses like a breath attack you will find that missings 5 points in fire adds up to be an extra 30-40 damage and that type of spike can end badly..as a once 120 breath now hits for 150-160 and even more of some bosses...
Resists in UO are linear and do not fluctuate.

5% increase in resists leads to a 5% reduction in damage from the intial hit value.

If an attack hits for 120 at 80, it will always hit for 150 with 75., not "150-160".

However those 3x damage hits are not the norm on the burning mage, they usually hit for 40 at 80 and 50 at 75, 60 on a player at 70.

Your wording is very misleading "i would avoid this fate..." like something terrible has happened to the CU if it has 75 fire resist. It's fine. Even at burning mages it would be fine unless you are afk.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would really bother you number crunchers if you saw my Cu with 45 Poison resist fighting an Allosaurus better than my lesser with the same setup except 80 poison resist.

I have yet to find a real need for poison or cold resist.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would really bother you number crunchers if you saw my Cu with 45 Poison resist fighting an Allosaurus better than my lesser with the same setup except 80 poison resist.

I have yet to find a real need for poison or cold resist.
Math doesn't lie though, the universe is driven by equations and algorithms.

The part of the equation you are leaving out is the innate ability of healing (which appears to have little to no intensity value)

So what I am hearing is.....

the healing skill on a Cu Sidhe is overpowered and not in line with other abilitys or skills power and needs to have it's intensity re-evaluated, making CU 4 slots again? ;)
That's what I am hearing.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Math doesn't lie though, the universe is driven by equations and algorithms.

The part of the equation you are leaving out is the innate ability of healing (which appears to have little to no intensity value)

So what I am hearing is.....

the healing skill on a Cu Sidhe is overpowered and not in line with other abilitys or skills power and needs to have it's intensity re-evaluated, making CU 4 slots again? ;)
That's what I am hearing.
Hey, in a thread a week or two ago I suggested they just get rid of the Healing ability completely, or make it count as a magical, so I'd be completely on board with that! :)

It really is quite an oversight though IMO that such a powerful ability like healing is available to only certain pets, and for free at that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats the worst disguise I have ever seen.

*points and laughs at the two Cu Haters*

It has been a year. But we will let you on the bandwagon.

Notice how the last building threads I did were for Cus. I gave everyone 9 months to Decide for themselves what pets to use. We figured it out in the first weeks. Sure the Non Cu pets are fun. But when you really need something dead hop on White Knight the Cu. (He is in the Cu Builds thread.)

Now that the mana regen is back to where it started, Beetles and Hiryus stand a chance.

:cheerleader: GO CUs :cheerleader:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Speaking of healing, I've been working certain pets that you can proc it on.. and found a real gem I will be posting on shortly.. a very over looked pet..but tons of fun. =^-^=
I think people will get a kick out of it.. lol

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Speaking of healing, I've been working certain pets that you can proc it on.. and found a real gem I will be posting on shortly.. a very over looked pet..but tons of fun. =^-^=
I think people will get a kick out of it.. lol
You mean the triceratops? Yeah, people have been using them on Chesapeake for awhile now. Just ask EM Ulric how he feels about Big Bertha....

Guildie has even seen someone from LS using an exploited one with ai/fww and 825 health and 1500 mana. Maybe you have seen it around.

It's important for players to know what to look with exploited pets still around. For those that haven't trained a triceratops, they are a 3-5 trainable, and the points in the above Triceratops even with the best spawn possible, is about 500 imbue over the cap (napkin math grossly overestimating the natural intensity of the the triceratops. instead of wasting time on exact math, so the exact points it's over cap from that particular animal is probably in the range of 700-900 points). So ones that have similar intensity to this one are most likely not a normal spawned and trained pet.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The graphic on T-Rex is not too hot..The devs could have done a better job imho..Make it look like a real T-Rex lol..

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Screenshot (7).jpg Screenshot (8).jpg Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).jpg Screenshot (11).jpg Screenshot (12).jpg Screenshot (13).jpg
This is my CU. Thank you again for all the help everyone. There is just so much to learn and I appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge with new players like myself. Ok where to start. Since I have maxed out my wrestling and some other stats, should I feed it the low level power scrolls at first and which ones would you suggest I start with?
Setting my stats for it's 3 slot training I should use my points to raise mana, intel, str, set my resists, mana regen and hit point regen to max, choose a magic skill like Chiv, then Armor ignore. My other stats like healing and wrestling will increase on it's own as long as I use the scrolls when it max's to 100 correct? I do not do base damage until I hit 5 slot then increase that first. I had advance my pet to 3 but have not chosen any increases yet. Am I getting this or did I misunderstand my steps.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On an unrelated topic, I also have a couple dragon turtles I hatched and a few battle chickens. They do not have the tab for training but I have noticed their stats do increase when fighting. Does anyone know how their training works or if they can be advanced trained like other pets? Thank you all again for great advice

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning, Toranaga, Most of the Dragon turtles you can't train under the new system..as the are 5/5 slot.. The system only works by awarding you 1500 points for every slot before 5.. The good news is these do spawn as a 4 slot and those you can train.. They normally just start with lower stats... I have one I gave chiv too.. the empower breath attack is interesting.. hehe... but yes each slot from 1-5 is 1500 points of training ..thats why lesser hiryus and Giant beetles are so nice..as they have 6k points to invest ..allowing them to end with very nice end stats.. Hope this helps Mate. =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You mean the triceratops? Yeah, people have been using them on Chesapeake for awhile now. Just ask EM Ulric how he feels about Big Bertha....
. They are so much fun.. I love the ones with 85 phy Resist as they are just so tanky and can pull off some amazing stuff.. Just giving them poison Removes Most of their Preset Moves and allows the tamer to add 2 of their choice.. I like armor ignore to be one of mine.. then there is a pretty vast list of choice after that, Poison breath, Vemon Bites, Frez whirl.. So much fun to be had with thses guys... It's a Pity they cant learn chiv or other schools of magic but the added bonus of having a heal vs the other pets that can have sim builds just gives the tamer so much room to really get creative.. I have 2 I'm working on..They are very effective in the Eodon vally Pit battles.. The fact they spawn with 2 lvls of training and you can find them with 600 plus Hp and str really makes for some truly great builds and end stats. Man I wish they would make these guys mountable (it would be so easy to do and while they were at it giving the tigers,lions, and saber tigers the option to be mount again like they were on test for a time might helps tamers move away froms cu as their go to pets) .. Just being able to rush into combat on one of these would make my day...lol What spec did ya go with with yours? =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 79942 View attachment 79943 View attachment 79944 View attachment 79945 View attachment 79946 View attachment 79947 View attachment 79948
This is my CU. Thank you again for all the help everyone. There is just so much to learn and I appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge with new players like myself. Ok where to start. Since I have maxed out my wrestling and some other stats, should I feed it the low level power scrolls at first and which ones would you suggest I start with?
Setting my stats for it's 3 slot training I should use my points to raise mana, intel, str, set my resists, mana regen and hit point regen to max, choose a magic skill like Chiv, then Armor ignore. My other stats like healing and wrestling will increase on it's own as long as I use the scrolls when it max's to 100 correct? I do not do base damage until I hit 5 slot then increase that first. I had advance my pet to 3 but have not chosen any increases yet. Am I getting this or did I misunderstand my steps.
You do not have to put scrolls on yet.

Build the base pet first and on the next upgrade you will have room for MAX DAMAGE, 2 Abilities, a magic and 120 scrolls if you desire.

Heres the step by step to make a good base Cu.

Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st points allocation

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pawain. I followed the page but still have one question. When I am done adding those points, do I hit the red diamond to cancel training. It says all remaining points will be lost which is fine cause I used them all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have not used all the points or the red diamond wont be there. When you use all the points the % bar is gone and the blue button is there again.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks Pawain. I followed the page but still have one question. When I am done adding those points, do I hit the red diamond to cancel training. It says all remaining points will be lost which is fine cause I used them all.
Never Ever need to press the Red button!!!! Put a few points on mana pool if yu have some points left..

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I got it. Am I only allowed to raise one resist at a time? I tried raising my physical and fire but it would not let me. I really liked that step by step walkthrough on what to choose for my first advancement. Do you know another for my next level up? Thank you all again

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I got it. Am I only allowed to raise one resist at a time? I tried raising my physical and fire but it would not let me. I really liked that step by step walkthrough on what to choose for my first advancement. Do you know another for my next level up? Thank you all again
I dont understand why you could not raise Physical and Fire resist. Now you will have to use those points next round.

You go to resists and raise the ones you want.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
a few battle chickens. They do not have the tab for training
The battle chickens have been kept out of the system for pet training on purpose. So they can never be trained (except for in skills of course).

And as for when to add PS, we feel it makes sense to add them earlier when that allows pets to continue their skill training since they are at 100 already. We ourselves were wondering, why is Strength often added early on by most experts? We figure you don't want to increase their damage when they are training for the 100% bar? So we save that for the last few rounds.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Make sure you are not on an Ethy, or riding something when you raise stats skills etc..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The battle chickens have been kept out of the system for pet training on purpose. So they can never be trained (except for in skills of course).

And as for when to add PS, we feel it makes sense to add them earlier when that allows pets to continue their skill training since they are at 100 already. We ourselves were wondering, why is Strength often added early on by most experts? We figure you don't want to increase their damage when they are training for the 100% bar? So we save that for the last few rounds.
Many pple prefer to add scrolls last round, so if something goes wrong they do not lose the scrolls. Str is ok to add since more damage and more training points gained..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

My templates are for people who are not experts. If they save things until the last round and put points in something like HP or 30 stam regen, they will not have enough points at the end.

With my builds you have room for only these things in the last round:
Max damage
ability
ability
magic
620 points for scrolls
maybe 100 or 200 spare points.

It is better to build a pet with the base build finished before you put on expensive scrolls if you are not good at building.

I have seen too many pets with <700 str or 125 dex because they waited until the last round and did not set those correctly and they ran out of points.

My pets are full trained with their skills not moving much. So they would not benefit from early scrolls.
Then I skill them last, If I use a shadow ele I can hide because the pet does not need consume on.

If you are gaining skills while training, you are spending way too much time training.

This Hiryu is done. I bet the skills are very close to what they started as. (except the resist, he went on a boat it looks like)

upload_2018-4-14_19-31-45.png

One whisper at the slugs and he will be GM in everything.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok the resists. I first used the planning option to make sure I got the hang of doing it but again, when I tried to raise more than one resist, it would show zero points for them. I followed the steps. When I got to the resists, I first chose fire just in case I was only allowed to do one resist per level. I then tried to do physical but the button for train would not work so I passed and went to the others. I had just enough points to do everything and since it costs 240 for physical resist, I would not have enough points to do it and everything on the list anyways so again, I thought that was normal. Although I do so love my first Cu, I do have white one and know better. If I do have a problem again with the resists, is there some way I can get some help on Lake Superior? I have a naj, reptalion, gd, skree, hiryu, serpentine dragon, and a couple dragon turtles that I need to train still. I did bring my battle chicken to Felluca and had him beat up on my Cu which raised the battle chickens stats almost to GM quickly. It even help raise my Cu's healing. I know some one mentioned they can't be trained like normal pets but does that mean they can never be trained past GM or show a button to choose which stats I want to choose to train them in? Thanks again

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have another Cu question. I saw that my Cu had a backpack on it with one item inside but didn't look or I would lose Karma. I noticed it healed itself and the item disappeared so I am guessing it was a bandage. Can you replace bandages in their pack when they run out? How can they heal without them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I do have a problem again with the resists, is there some way I can get some help on Lake Superior?
Thats where Allen and Don live. How have you not seen us or heard us?

They make new bandages. You dont have to feed them bandages to use.

Find one of us on LS.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My tamer's name is Sesshomaru. I just got my Reptalion to 100 and he is 2 slot. I will try to see if I have the same resist problem. I went from 50 to 100 just by killing some swoops but boy was it hard to keep up the healing at first. I am not sure what your char's name is but there are a few that I do see a lot in Twisted and Luna. I am usually on late evenings so I will look out for you and give you a shout out on global chat. Hope to meet you soon cause I really could use some live help.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Do you suggest I start my Rep's first build like the Cu's? I know they are mana hogs so would you suggest I raise that higher than 500 at first? It is at 265 now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you suggest I start my Rep's first build like the Cu's? I know they are mana hogs so would you suggest I raise that higher than 500 at first? It is at 265 now.
I should be on tonight until Midnight central. Look for Allen. We can get you runes to the important places.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks again Lord Allen for all your help. I totally screwed up my last Cu but I do have my white one I just started training. Do you have any suggestions on where I could go to get him trained up quickly? I do remember you from the Titan invasion though. I was using my archer Toranaga at the time. It is so disappointing that it is over. That was the most fun I have had in a while. I use to come home and spend all night going from town to town and wow was it fun. I hope UO does it again soon. I really do owe you big time so if there is an arty or something you are wanting, I can see if I have it or get if for you if possible. I know you didn't do it for that but you really did help me and thanks to the book you gave me, I can really get some training in. If you know anyone or need a really awesome archer, let me know.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I went back to fight Narvey but my reptalion was stuck on 25% for a long time and wasn't really doing any damage. I probably shouldn't go to that spot in Royal city alone since I am not still good at this. Thank you for backing me up there. Where do you suggest I go to train up my rept to get him past the 25%? Sorry for all the questions and thank you for you counsel.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but my reptalion was stuck on 25% for a long time
Nice to see you so happy Toranaga! :) I assume your Reptalon is 4 control slots now? When pets are 1 and 2 control slot(s), they can gain 100% of one single enemy, when they are 3 slots only 50% and when 4 slots only 25%, which means you'd need 4 different Navreys (or other high HP foes as mentioned in the A to Z thread and elsewhere) to complete the training if all goes right.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went back to fight Narvey but my reptalion was stuck on 25% for a long time and wasn't really doing any damage. I probably shouldn't go to that spot in Royal city alone since I am not still good at this. Thank you for backing me up there. Where do you suggest I go to train up my rept to get him past the 25%? Sorry for all the questions and thank you for you counsel.
Since you are on later than most of the hardcore tamers on LS, you need to kill that Navrey. Use the rocks. Do a search to see how that works. With your pet and 2 rock drops you can kill the Navrey in less than 15 mins if no one else is there.

We can put you in our guild and you may find others on late.

Ill be on till midnight tonight. We can get the Cu up to 100% in about 20 min like we did the reptalon last night.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was funny watching you trying to bandage your pet on the Night Terror. :D

You have to stay back and use Magic heals and cures and dispels when you use those. They make you learn how to heal your pet when you take a fresh tame to them. Good experience.