New White Trees Featured

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Apr 7, 2004
Greetings all you Green Thumb UOers !

Today I posted a holiday article on Great Lakes. In this article there is a screenshot of my vendor house using the new white trees that I thought some of you might enjoy seeing.

It has taken me over 75 white seeds to get 7 trees.

Happy holidays to you all and may your thumbs stay green!

Lady Lava

http://uo.stratics.com/news/GreatLakes.shtml#newsitem1227805930,17754

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
omg that looks SO COOL!!!
i can't wait to start doing the extended seed quest so i can get black and white trees, too. the white swampy trees with the moss hanging down look like frozen trees with icicles!!! that's awesome, thanks for posting :)

F

Flora Green

I agree about the icicles, Nine Dark Moons. They are my very favorite of the white plants. It's a perfect addition for winter!

Hah hah. Sexy vendors. I decided a couple of days ago to do something similar. Kinda jazz things up for the holidays. :) Thanks for the link, Ms. Lady Lava. The trees look great.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Apr 7, 2004
I agree about the icicles, Nine Dark Moons. They are my very favorite of the white plants. It's a perfect addition for winter!

Hah hah. Sexy vendors. I decided a couple of days ago to do something similar. Kinda jazz things up for the holidays. :) Thanks for the link, Ms. Lady Lava. The trees look great.
Thanks guys. If you look closely on one of the trees I have placed white bamboo under it and it makes it look like it has really looooog ice hanging from it.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2008
Buccaneer's Den
The white/black seeds can grow the new plants!?? I just recently finished the Naturalist Quest for the first time and got a black seed. I'm expecting it to "pop" tomorrow. I wonder what it will be?

Or are these white/black seeds of the new plants obtained differently?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
Willy, i think your seed will be one of the original plants. There's a new step of the Naturalist quest added - a 5th "secret nest" you have to find and study. That's how you get the new plant seeds in rare colors. UOGuide has a walkthrough explaining the 5th nest, if you go there and search for "Naturalist" you'll find it. I haven't had time to try the extended quest yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

L

Lady Vivian

Rotgut Willy Re: New White Trees Featured

The white/black seeds can grow the new plants!?? I just recently finished the Naturalist Quest for the first time and got a black seed. I'm expecting it to "pop" tomorrow. I wonder what it will be?

Or are these white/black seeds of the new plants obtained differently?
You are right on track for the new white and black seeds. Only obtained from the Naturalist Quest when you do the 5th ant hole. I try to do about 8 a day and get a random drop of 3-4 fire red and 3-4 mixed between the black/white seeds.:danceb::danceb::danceb:

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2008
Buccaneer's Den
You are right on track for the new white and black seeds. Only obtained from the Naturalist Quest when you do the 5th ant hole. I try to do about 8 a day and get a random drop of 3-4 fire red and 3-4 mixed between the black/white seeds.:danceb::danceb::danceb:
Right on.

I want a bunch of black cypress trees. :D

D

Deb

I have to say the White and Black Cypress are my new favorites.

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2008
Anyone notice any difference wearing luck and doing the naturalist quest? Since I started wearing a little luck I have noticed more white seeds dropping.

L

Lady Vivian

I hadn't even thought of using luck for the Naturalist Quest. I'll have to try that idea.
The only thing I've noticed is that back when the drops first included the black and white seeds (around Halloween time) I was getting more white than black. Now when I want white for Christmas deco I am getting more black than white. LOL the RNG really loves me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Anyone notice any difference wearing luck and doing the naturalist quest? Since I started wearing a little luck I have noticed more white seeds dropping.
Not sure about it, last night I only got half fire and half black, and no white and I had 1200 luck.

I did get more white the 2 days before, but that may just had been me being lucky.

F

Flora Green

Late last night and today I've done the Naturalist Quest 14 times. So far I have 7 fire, 5 black and 2 white seeds. Grr. Would be great if luck helped someway. Maybe I'll try a different character when I run it again in a bit.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2008
Buccaneer's Den
The character I've been running through the Naturalist Quest sports only 400 luck. I've only run the quest 5 times and in those, 3 black, 1 white, and 1 fire.

Btw, my first black popped.. hops. :)

B

Beastmaster

Willy,

If you are on Chessie I've got some black cypress grown (4 I think). They aren't selling on my vendor very well and I've been slicing the price in half about every 3 days. All the black plants aren't selling. Anyway, if you're on Chessie I'll hook you up.