• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New "Uber Rare" Bottles, Flasks, and other "new" items.

M

Malimus

Get rid of character transfer's in UO.... Need i say more? I mean really think about it. Char xfers have really caused or helped many of the BIG problems UO is having. Population, dupe's, dupe and other bugged item tranfers's to corrupt other shards. The list is large. Just my 2 cents. Been playing since UO hit the shelves and when xfers came in things really got movin downhill.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is that where Genesis went....... haha..... well good luck with that and I'm glad he has gone somewhere else to pollute their lands....

sorry.... but just the name tells all.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Crystal Tile Monstrosities where you can buy all the verite & val hammers you want, barb kits, fake neon dye tubs, event rares & server births by the dozens.

The vendors didn't even shut down during the last round of bannings.

I will never believe any thing serious is being done about cheating until something is done with the Crystal Tile Monstrosities.

L

Lord Kynd

They can't provide details or followup to the pager, and yes, GMs know where you are when you page and are invisible. Like... Ghosts. Like Ghost Moderators.
yah, but how do they know exactly which vendor to look at ? without talking to the person reporting and being shown ?
where the person was standing when they reported and where tehy where when a GM actually 'came' might be different also .
i tend to not like to stand in one spot for hour's :p

L

Lord Kynd

yah, but how do they know exactly which vendor to look at ? without talking to the person reporting and being shown ?
where the person was standing when they reported and where tehy where when a GM actually 'came' might be different also .
the GM's need to be more 'personal' and show themselves and such like they did in the 'old' day's.
recieving some 'canned auto reply message' is not good customer service, seeing someone in game that you can interact with is excelent service.
guess that might have been a Origin/OSI thing ?

L

Lord Kynd

Some times I wish I would just wake up and sign in to UO and read ...........

Welcome to Ultima Online today UO was refreshed and brought back to it's roots.Your Char skills remain the same and your homes were also untouched.
In your bank boxes you will find 20m in gold.
A bag of holiday items from the past.
All Vet Rewards are back for you to pick over again.
We said Houses were unlouched meaning you still have one ,but nothing is in it.
Enjoy your New clothing your chars are wearing and welcome back to Ultima.
and that would definitly be the day i stop playing any game from EA or Mythic.
guess thats one way to stop a 11 year addict.

hrmm , just thought of something kinda bogus .. the Jap people got 11th anny items, yet UO wasn't even heard of there 11 years ago, and yet we in the states still have nothing, not even a Happy 11th Anny..or a darned cake :p .
sigh

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of the 4 corner shops is a very honest person. He doesnt run any of the vendors on them he just rents them out. And his price is between 500k-1 mil a week so he only gets powersells at his house. He also has houses on several shards in luna so you cannot expect him to police every one of his renters.
Lawl, you mean 1m to 5m.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, because those vendors are STILL THERE IN LUNA!

Drac, please just tell us that you don't give a crap. Please tell us to go ahead and buy the val hammers and server births. BTW there is a vendor in Luna Atl that has 15 Val hammers for sale! Go buy em up, only 23 mill a piece! That guy must do alot of bods to be able to stock 100 val hammers a week.

Ya know the funniest thing? I have done bods for 5 yrs and only gotten 1 val hammer? Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, im not sure about everyone else on Pacific, but i feel WRR should maybe manage their shops a lil better, and not support cheating..?

Oh no.. not just one, two or three of these items, but the vendor has been overloaded and restocked ALL WEEK with Val/Verite, Bkits and tokens..

Of course people will always take things into their own hands..

And i really dont give two chits about Stratics TOS (If you make Rico a Mod, you have much more serious problems already..)

The vendor owner is "Mr.Bud"

And always remember to keep your virus scan, and firewall updated if you listen to WRR.

One nail at a time...

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a screenie of the Atlantic Vendor....

the same stuff in Stock since beginning of November guaranteed to restock daily....

Avenhar...I am just curious...

Does a web Radio Station own that Vendor house, perchance?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh i dont know if he runns a web radio... I really dont listen to that kind of stuff

I do know we have a WRR house on ATlantic in Luna but thats the only one i know

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That house on Atlantic had some interesting vendors before the last banning. I believe they attracted too much attention and were emptied shortly before the bannings. They sat empty for a very long time but are gone now.

A very community minded Role Player on our shard tried to wean them off the questionable advertising gold they were collecting in huge amounts. That lasted at least one month for sure but I haven't been back to check whether or not things have changed. Our blue crystal buddy did advertise there as well.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picture from Today. I am done guys after 10 yrs. Good day. And I will not continue to care if the people who run the game don't even care.

You lose five subscriptions after this billing cycle.

PS- TY Drac for nothing.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picture from Today. I am done guys after 10 yrs. Good day. And I will not continue to care if the people who run the game don't even care.

You lose five subscriptions after this billing cycle.

PS- TY Drac for nothing.
Quitting and giving up isn't going to help the situation. Constantly bringing these people and those houses to everyone's attention will hopefully bring some action.

He's selling in bulk now because he realizes time is running short.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone knows about it now. They have since november. This vendor should have been removed within hours of it being placed. Yet he is still there. Draconi indicated that a gm has been "watching" that vendor. He must have watched 20 plates sell. I don't care anymore. When the devs start turning their head to duped server-birth rares, there is a problem. I am sorry.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.. since a lot of hacks and dupes have come about through xshardng, and with the release of new items and such, have the devs put any thought into actually testing somthing before it gets released? Trying any and all sorts of manipulation to an item to see if it can be changed into somthing else?

Heres a stupid one.. sell a bag of sugar to the NPC chef.. buy it back.. double click on it.. and now you have an open bag of sugar. No real different purpose, just a different color/graphic. BUT what you couldnt do before the sale, is open the bag. After buying the bag back from the chef, you can now open it up.. much the same as a bag of flour. Much to the same effect of selling savage kin paint to the chef.. the kin paint uses the same graphic as a jar of honey.. which is stackable. Not sure if you can anymore, but back in the day, you could sell kin paint, buy it back and now have a "stack" of savage kin paint, much similar to how jars of honey stack.

Its these types of little things that can morph into "server birth rares for sale" I havent tried selling any of the new lotions/potions to any NPCs.. but im guessing "a bottle" and "a skull mug" can come around this way.

Who do you place the blame on? The developer who overlooks things, or the player who looks closely at things?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who do you place the blame on? The developer who overlooks things, or the player who looks closely at things?

the player that abuses it

aye Developers arent perfect they do make mistakes, and aye there are the super smart guys that find the stuff...

but its the guys that do not submit it as a bug and then abuse it to gain of the others that just dont know better.

Mainly because they dont have the time or acctually have a RL instead of selling or turning and flipping and dyeing of some restoring balm.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone knows about it now. They have since november. This vendor should have been removed within hours of it being placed. Yet he is still there. Draconi indicated that a gm has been "watching" that vendor. He must have watched 20 plates sell. I don't care anymore. When the devs start turning their head to duped server-birth rares, there is a problem. I am sorry.
http://uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=493

As an update, the plates are not duped, and are technically daily rares - apparently they have been this way for quite some time (years). While I can't comment on the review process for anyone reported as an exploiter, I can say that innocence is assumed before guilt is proven.

In this case, plate sellers have simply been hoarding a little known secret. Now, as far as other items go, the post above discusses those, and they'll be dealt with.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about the 3 legged stool he was selling?

and thanks for the heads up even thou it was 10 mill to late :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh for me! As soon as I got to where the plates spawn I thought 'I've been here before!' I've gone for those plates before, years ago, never got them so stopped going, and of course forgotten all about them.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
akk you gonna make me search??? *grumbles*

but i take it , it falls into the same category then and is not a dupe?

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh for me! As soon as I got to where the plates spawn I thought 'I've been here before!' I've gone for those plates before, years ago, never got them so stopped going, and of course forgotten all about them.
That was the general consensus - its been mostly forgotten. I enjoyed eating mine on TC1 though.

B

BarcusDarkstar

Seems it's on Atlantic only or a few shard (maybe). I checked only a couple shards and so far Atlantic had the missing plates. Why bother with this spawn if it will be available as a craftable item soon? Now the question is, where is the stool from?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
allready running around looking , dont have much of an idea thou :(

dont seem to be in Papua thou

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heheh, and I'm still missing them! I was in Despise, Fel, Europa when I read the post, hidden taking a short breather between steals for potions. Myphsar has posted one of the other threads on the subject to say he got them on Europa.

B

BarcusDarkstar

allready running around looking , dont have much of an idea thou :(

dont seem to be in Papua thou
Go to Britain exit west bridge and go south, They are suppose to be in four small houses/huts with a cauldron in middle of the group. Inside (in atlantic) should be 2 sets of plates so you can grab I'm guessing 8 of them. If going on for years the one that had monopoly on it must have made a furtune. Makes you wonder why they would go and sell in luna indiscreetly.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even remember where I've seen 3 legged stools, though I know I have, never mind think where there could be a stealable one!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to Britain exit west bridge and go south, They are suppose to be in four small houses/huts with a cauldron in middle of the group. Inside (in atlantic) should be 2 sets of plates so you can grab I'm guessing 8 of them. If going on for years the one that had monopoly on it must have made a furtune. Makes you wonder why they would go and sell in luna indiscreetly.
i found those :) was looking for the stool :)

so far i checked Glow Buccs and Papua

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=493

As an update, the plates are not duped, and are technically daily rares - apparently they have been this way for quite some time (years). While I can't comment on the review process for anyone reported as an exploiter, I can say that innocence is assumed before guilt is proven.

In this case, plate sellers have simply been hoarding a little known secret. Now, as far as other items go, the post above discusses those, and they'll be dealt with.

Okay, if this is the the case, then I stand corrected. My argument was based on the plate being a "documented" server-birth rare. I am from the Catskills shard and I had never known that they had spawned daily, monthly or ever for that matter (I used to grab the daily rares every morning).

So I'll bite my tongue :mf_prop: ..............and be sure to savor it guys cause I am rarely wrong. :D

In regards to the reference that the vendor was selling "duped" items.
I apologize to the owner. Apparently the "plate of food, dirty plate and short stool" spawn still today.

In regards to the comment, "TY Drac for nothing" I apologize to you too Drac.

Beyond that issue, I belive my original post to still be valid. There are issues still at large and I hope that they will continue to be sought and dealt with by the Dev team. There are still thousands of Val hammers, Heartwoods and other items out there, throwing off the economy.