• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New "Uber Rare" Bottles, Flasks, and other "new" items.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears we have some brand new rares in Ultima Online. It appears that some rare bottles and flasks have shown up for sale on Atlantic. I do not know exactly where they came from but I find it really interesting that they look exactly the same as the graphics thy use for the new stealable consumables. Commonly sold with the sets of bottles and flasks is another new item, the "Worldgem Bit."

I know i've seen that graphic before several times but I cant think of what it was.
I am thinking, "Piece of Obsidion Statue."

And this new rare is actually an old one, but around this same time yesterday, there were 5 different ones for sale in Luna.......... Skull Mugs.

Now wasn't that one a server birth? A very hard to get item that I have pursued obtaining for years... now finally for sale on 5 vendors ranging from 10 mill to 35 mill.

I have not yet compared these current mugs to an old one, but I HOPE that there is a noticable different for the sake of not ruining the item's rarity.

Another three, once IMPOSSIBLE to get server birth items have also surfaced in mass numbers.

You all remember the "plate of food," the "dirty plate" and the "short stool?"

Well you can currently buy as many of these as you want from a Luna vendor on Atl.

I thought I was lucky one day, and found a stellar deal by seeing that plate of food for 15 mill. So I bought it, took it home, cheerfully locked it down. Recalled back to Luna, and in less than 15 minutes, the guy had restocked a new plate! Every now and then I'd watch people buy the plates and the guy would stock them back up quickly, same story with the stool.

So with all this, with the Luna vendors selling 15 Val hammers, with the guy who stocks 500 barbed kits a day on every shard, with Skull Mugs, Plates, wide abundance of Soulstone Tokens and Character Transfers, is it safe to admit that there is a problem?

Or at least tell me that I am wrong, and that I blew this out of proportion, and that we can now get all those items on Japanese Shards, those of us that choose to play on this hemisphere, are simply oblivious to this. and that a select group of smart businesspersons are getting these items from a Formosa quest and just xffering them over. That is what I WANT to hear. So please tell me that, that way I will have some shred of fake confidence that this game is not totally getting ruined by dupes.

Someone should have posted this already.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems we are looking at some new dupe maybe ??? involving the new monster stealable potions and lotions and someway of removing there normal tag to leave a basic tag....

Devs action!!!!

Burn em!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
send in bug reports, feedback forms, pm's to Joanne on here. Someone said a few days ago that a new dupe had been discovered, he sent it in so hopefully they're already aware.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all remember the "plate of food," the "dirty plate" and the "short stool?"

Well you can currently buy as many of these as you want from a Luna vendor on Atl.

I thought I was lucky one day, and found a stellar deal by seeing that plate of food for 15 mill. So I bought it, took it home, cheerfully locked it down. Recalled back to Luna, and in less than 15 minutes, the guy had restocked a new plate! Every now and then I'd watch people buy the plates and the guy would stock them back up quickly, same story with the stool.
I did post about the plate of food since i did the same heh.
I asked around before i bought them if anyone knows about a dupe on those and my friend and me watched the vendor for a week to see if he has unlimited stock but since it didnt seem like noone was buying them we each bought one just to see them restocked within a Day.

just proved to myself again that i should never ever shop at that certain shop....

I did shoot one of the Rare Forum Mods a warning but i dont think it got posted

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess everyone should just start making characters on Siege Perilous no dupes there :lick:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well all the ones that look liek the new items probably aren't dupes.. more likely some glitch that makes them lose their name and function, similar to some other consumables that have been added in the past. If someone that knwos could pass it on to Regine or Drac that would be great. As for the plates of food and stools.... unless the plate of food has shown up as a new daily rare somehow, I don't know what it could be past dupes being unloaded.

C

Capricious

Scary stuff. I hope the Devs will figure out what is going on and shut it down before too many are made and stored away.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up to a point, Pwnography's statement is accurate.

The majority of the duped items now in circulation were created using an exploit involving shard transfers. You can't transfer to or from Siege.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My brother just got 2 dirty plates and the stool on Atl, along with some other items. Dont know if this should make me worry, but it does. I cant bring myself to toss them in the trash, but I would love it if UO could just go and delet all the illegal items.

C

Ceridwen

Commonly sold with the sets of bottles and flasks is another new item, the "Worldgem Bit."

I know i've seen that graphic before several times but I cant think of what it was.
I am thinking, "Piece of Obsidion Statue."
I suppose you mean the baubles that spawn near the pixie Arielle near Spirituality.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look closely after clicking a piece of an obsidion statue it says world gem bit at first.

Maybe when these new toys get Tokuno dyed they will be looked at.

One invulnerable blue swampy retained his color as of this morning. He is now hiding in plain sight. Interesting huh! :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: If you took the 'dirty plate' graphic and coloured the whole thing yellow would you be looking at a 'seed of life'?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Petra I thought the seed of life looked more like a pile of yellow dates....

W

walter_mitty

in another i post i read a couple of days ago draconi said the dev team were working on combating cheaters, as well as other things like duping, scripting, so the duping must still be happening.if they are working on it :(

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well everyone move to siege there werent ever any dupes the economy is balanced, there is no trammel, theres house spots open for everyone! Go now work hard need help ask someone in the community! The best server yet problem free! Go now Siege Perilous were Uo really began

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its shocking that such a thing first popped up on atlantic! I didn't know this sort of thing happened there.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
send in bug reports, feedback forms, pm's to Joanne on here. Someone said a few days ago that a new dupe had been discovered, he sent it in so hopefully they're already aware.
Okay, Joann is unavailable right now - can I get everyone who has information on this to email Mesanna? ([email protected])

I don't have word on where this is coming from, and it seems highly suspicious, so please act with caution.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could just see if its one of the things that caused this sort of issue in the past. Like the one that made the blue apples, or the one that made the base name plant resources. At the very least the "seed" would hit one of those categories, for sure. If you don't know what i'm talking about Drac, just PM me.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a screenie of the Atlantic Vendor....

the same stuff in Stock since beginning of November guaranteed to restock daily....

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"I don't have word on where this is coming from, and it seems highly suspicious, so please act with caution."
It wasnt suspicious to us 4 days ago, I have the 3 items. Do I have to throw them away?

J

Jasonleebeck

Scary yet again. However, let us not count out the absolute possibility that since these new items (old graphics) came out, it seriously pounded out the actual value of the genuine rares, therefore, those with the originals will sell them since the new re hued items of the same graphic is available widely.

Baby steps people, baby steps.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Great here we go again.. if this does turn out to be a duping issue could you please post a warning about the items on the patch/login screen? That screen is sadly outdated as it is but something like this would need to be put there since some do not visit stratics or even uo's website for that matter.

H

H2O

If a npc might buy the new stealable items and you buy them back just maybe that what changes them to normal items but I don't have any to test it but maybe someone might want to try that and see if thats whats going on.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.. an NPC does at least buy one of them (couldn't buy it back tho.. got mixed with his regular stock).

I have to ask... do any of them stack?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a npc might buy the new stealable items and you buy them back just maybe that what changes them to normal items but I don't have any to test it but maybe someone might want to try that and see if thats whats going on.
I sold some of them to the jeweler and bought them back and the name stayed the same. Only npc I have tried so far

D

Dalton4902

Yeah, because dupers cant create characters there. lol

Stupid comments like these about Siege make me laugh.
It's not at all a stupid comment considering, well, there aren't any dupers there. For that very reason. What exactly about his comment is stupid, then? Oh, wait, just another someone trying to flame someone else for no reason because that's what makes them feel better about themselves. Grow up.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be nice if a Dev stepped in and shut that vendor down along with its owner before someone else buys those items...

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was posted on the patch screen today.
---------
We've received multiple reports that new, supposedly "rare" items are appearing across the servers. These are not sanctioned items from the recent content patches or events, and in some cases even take on the appearance of server-birth rares.

If you find these suspicious items for sale, or see them being offered, please use the in-game reporting tool to page a GM.

Please enjoy your post holiday vendor shopping, but beware of deals that are too good to be true.
--------------

I attempted to do this, I sent a page :

I found a vendor selling server birth items that I believe are duped, can you please come and see this?

My response came about 15 minutes later and it was a canned response that said something along the lines of:

Thank you for your petition, we are takeing action to review the offenders, and if warrented, proper action will be taken (Something like that).

I think its a canned response from the harresstment section.

How could he be taking action when he didnt even come see the vendor?

L

Lord Drakelord

---------
We've received multiple reports that new, supposedly "rare" items are appearing across the servers. These are not sanctioned items from the recent content patches or events, and in some cases even take on the appearance of server-birth rares.

If you find these suspicious items for sale, or see them being offered, please use the in-game reporting tool to page a GM.

Please enjoy your post holiday vendor shopping, but beware of deals that are too good to be true.
--------------

I found a vendor selling server birth items that I believe are duped, can you please come and see this?

My response came about 15 minutes later and it was a canned response that said something along the lines of:

Thank you for your petition, we are takeing action to review the offenders, and if warrented, proper action will be taken (Something like that).

Most likely the GM was invis mode, they do not have to be seen to see what is going on, see this one on the bug report

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
---------

--------------

They can't provide details or followup to the pager, and yes, GMs know where you are when you page and are invisible. Like... Ghosts. Like Ghost Moderators.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific has a new vendor basically doing the same, except verite/val hammers, bkits, tokens...

A

AesSedai

- In other words: Thanks, Draconi.

Once again.

(Read his Dev. statements over the past ~48 hours and you might be thankful too... of note: GM's are certainly on the scene even if they are not seen; and they are even assuredly aware of some other things worth noting... I will be happy for a more fair playing field; & will be staying around to witness mas burninatin')

Once again, Thanks Drac & Sak, et al Devs.Crew. Thanks for keep keepin' on, with all that you do. Spada, that certainly includes you and yours too ;)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- In other words: Thanks, Draconi.

Once again.

(Read his Dev. statements over the past ~48 hours and you might be thankful too... of note: GM's are certainly on the scene even if they are not seen; and they are even assuredly aware of some other things worth noting... I will be happy for a more fair playing field; & will be staying around to witness mas burninatin')

Once again, Thanks Drac & Sak, et al Devs.Crew. Thanks for keep keepin' on, with all that you do. Spada, that certainly includes you and yours too ;)
I second that, thank you guys and gals! Know that we appreciate it.

Re the orig topic, doesn't seem like a dupe bug, but rather, a way to revert the items back to their base item type.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Thanks Devs for putting up a warning on the patch screen.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya, Good ol Spada. One great Gm in his days. One thing the GM's do need to do though, is In their canned Msg's, put in the CORRECT game were playing. I do hate get the ones that say, .....and again, Thank you for playing Dark Age of Camelot.... that really doesn't look good guys & gals :blushing:
Goes back to ghost hunting:spider:

L

Limlight

It's not at all a stupid comment considering, well, there aren't any dupers there. For that very reason. What exactly about his comment is stupid, then? Oh, wait, just another someone trying to flame someone else for no reason because that's what makes them feel better about themselves. Grow up.
Yeah, because the only duping that has ever happened involved Character Transfer? lol

You obviously dont know half the ways people have duped crap.

If you are really so self righteous to believe that your shard is free of dupes and is completely clean than you are either:

A. Lost
B. Pompous

Throw on top of all this that Siege is just as likely to have 3rd party program users and exploiters.

I like Siege...but quit acting all high and mighty like your shard is above cheating....because it isnt.

You have people there running just as fast as the exploiters on Atlantic and you have people running through fields and over candlabras the same way too.

Seriously, this self righteous attitude Siegers have is pathetic.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He didnt get the 3 items on Atlantic. He traded for them on Origin with a guy who was at the bank selling them in his paperdoll. He got these items for my tavern and tinker shop, but I havent even logged in to get them from his house. Do I have to throw them away?????

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of the 4 corner shops is a very honest person. He doesnt run any of the vendors on them he just rents them out. And his price is between 500k-1 mil a week so he only gets powersells at his house. He also has houses on several shards in luna so you cannot expect him to police every one of his renters.

G

God_Majere

here is a screenie of the Atlantic Vendor....

the same stuff in Stock since beginning of November guaranteed to restock daily....

the guy that owns that was the same person that owned a house that was there before.. he was banned for duping. Vida was his name?... duping has to have something to do with either selling back to vendors or xsharding cause siege perilous doesnt have either and we dont have any duped items.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki some info for those that seem to know it all....

the Shop i mentioned in my post is ran by Genesis, and was just recently bought by him , not vita Draconia,

Genesis is a LS or GL player dont remember that has "expanded" to Atlantic.
He owns the 2 houses there in Luna side by side.

Now as for him , he has ben told repeadetly that some of his vendors sell Dupes and hasnt given a damn so far, wich in my opinion he should be held just as liable as the vendor owner himself since he is making money of the Dupes also by colecting the Vendor Rent.

Now as for me buying it, i did what i could when that paticular vendor First opened in October, i watched it a couple days , back then he had more then just those 3 items but more like a yardsale of all kinds of regular stuff, i asked around ...some of my friends from the Rares Comunity if the price seemed right and or if anyone knew the items beeing duped, and since noone was aware of a dupe and the items didnt seem steeply underpriced me and my friend each bought one.

Well half an hour after we bought them she ICQed me saying : "Guess what!! he just restocked the plates"

But i Guess thats what i get for giving someone the benefit of the doubt...

I just know that i wont ever shop there again and i sure wish that i wouldnt have to be so careful shopping around :(

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owner of the 4 corner shops is a very honest person. He doesnt run any of the vendors on them he just rents them out. And his price is between 500k-1 mil a week so he only gets powersells at his house. He also has houses on several shards in luna so you cannot expect him to police every one of his renters.
The shop owner most certainly knows what is going on.....it's his shop, for crying out loud. You think he isn't going to open at least a few vendors there to see what they are selling that they can pay him a mil a week? He is just as culpable.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
"jealous that Siege Perilous players "

Ha! I dont think any player would be of a Siege Perilous player. I am kinda tired of hearing SP this and SP that and posts on shard forums of. "Why dont you play seige?" I dunno because we play Chesapeake. If SP was sooo great more would play it.

I just wish I had a BIG SHOE! :spider: