• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New publish?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone loves that number. Unfortunately development began in 95 and a playable alpha existed in 96.
Whatever floats your boat, man...
If you like calculating the age of a game from when development started, fine with me. For me (and most probably the rest of the world) it is the release date.

Let me guess, you're probably going to tell me as well, that I'm 9 months older, than I think. Right? :gee:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After beta.. the game was for over 18 only.... meaning the 17 ad younger were not allowed in.
As a Counselor I remember jailing a player for GM review as the player told many in the game his real age and school he attended... the account was his dad's.
The Dad was given a 3 day suspension for letting his son in the game.
The reason this stuck out in my mind was the fact the call that brought this to the attention of the admin. was concern of the content of the game on a young player.
The game was not one you would hand your 10 year old to play.
Not just the language that might be used, body's being dismembered, heavy violence from the pvp and pks, but also the raw emotions that came in the game play.
This was something the kids parents didn't think their children should be exposed to.

if you gage the first years age of a player in UO:
at 18... that same person is now well into 38 if not 39 years old...
if you went with the average age of an adult UO player say age 35 they would be 55 or 56
Then again if they were 55 to 60 (yes we had very old ppl playing) they would be 75 to 80.

This being said...

To get back the old players of UO which is over 20 years old game....

People didn't stay the same age, time marched on in RL. I know many of the great players I have known over the years have died...
I miss them Bunn bunn..... the gamut of all we have lost over the years. I cant see them returning.
Now the college age people who played some have returned... some left again other stayed and are in game.
I started to play UO in beta I was 39... im close to 61 this year...
We need new players. Returning is a bonus.
EJ I hope opens a few minds to come and give the game a good run over and move to paying....

For those of you who want free everything cause you wouldn't spend a dime... you talk a good line but you have nothing to loose but a game to play if it fails.
We who have put years in the game.... would loose all we HAVE paid for.
Don't make me promises you cant keep kiddos.. you cant guarantee anything.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After beta.. the game was for over 18 only.... meaning the 17 ad younger were not allowed in.
As a Counselor I remember jailing a player for GM review as the player told many in the game his real age and school he attended... the account was his dad's.
The Dad was given a 3 day suspension for letting his son in the game.
The reason this stuck out in my mind was the fact the call that brought this to the attention of the admin. was concern of the content of the game on a young player.
The game was not one you would hand your 10 year old to play.
Not just the language that might be used, body's being dismembered, heavy violence from the pvp and pks, but also the raw emotions that came in the game play.
This was something the kids parents didn't think their children should be exposed to.

if you gage the first years age of a player in UO:
at 18... that same person is now well into 38 if not 39 years old...
if you went with the average age of an adult UO player say age 35 they would be 55 or 56
Then again if they were 55 to 60 (yes we had very old ppl playing) they would be 75 to 80.

This being said...

To get back the old players of UO which is over 20 years old game....

People didn't stay the same age, time marched on in RL. I know many of the great players I have known over the years have died...
I miss them Bunn bunn..... the gamut of all we have lost over the years. I cant see them returning.
Now the college age people who played some have returned... some left again other stayed and are in game.
I started to play UO in beta I was 39... im close to 61 this year...
We need new players. Returning is a bonus.
EJ I hope opens a few minds to come and give the game a good run over and move to paying....

For those of you who want free everything cause you wouldn't spend a dime... you talk a good line but you have nothing to loose but a game to play if it fails.
We who have put years in the game.... would loose all we HAVE paid for.
Don't make me promises you cant keep kiddos.. you cant guarantee anything.
I started playing when I was 10...

Granted I had no idea what to do other than mine ore and create new characters but still, I know I definitely wasn't alone.

Personally,I had two friends who each played with me and my two older brothers (13 and 14) each had 5-8 friends to play with. I know I met several people in game who were around the same age.