• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] New Imbuing Calculator!

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This gives you an idea of what the tool looks like (Version 9.0)...
Note, I have added a simplification option. You can hide the ingredients and prices if desired to avoid seeing the additional information.

Last edited:
K

Kibuka

Zolaf really spent a lot of time on this. I am impressed! Thanks!

I am still testing it out, but so far, I couldn't ask for a better calculator. It is smart enough to know how other properties affect each other (SSI and Leeches) and tells you a summary of the ingredients you will need to make the items. I'm sure it is a work in progress, but it is a terrific start. It would be nice to see the imbuing success chances and maybe give an optimal order of imbuing so you can use the least expensive stuff last, but that is pretty easy to figure out on your own. Also, the calculator assumes the item is exceptional.

Q

Quilnn

AWESOME CALCULATOR! Just what I needed for my imbuing needs! A truly great program! :love:

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version History:

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 1: 12/5/2010
First version for beta testing.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 2: 12/7/2010
Modifications:
a) Added gems to all (Jewelry, Weapons, and Armor) Tabs.
b) Removed "Balanced" and "Velocity" mods from melee weapons.
c) Fixed a few spelling errors.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 3: 12/9/2010
Modifications:
a) Added 5 Armor slots to cover and entire imbued suit.
b) Added a Armor Total Tab to show the total mods and ingredients required for a 100% success rate.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 4: 12/11/2010
Modifications:
a) Converted the Jewelry Tab into two Tabs: Ring and Bracelet to imbue two jewelry sets on one excel sheet.
b) Changed all mod abbreviations into spelled out words to avoid confusion.

Armor Tab Modifications:
c) Changed the "Armor #" Tabs to read "Helmet", "Gorget", etc to avoid confusion when trying to determine which piece of the suit you were working on.
d) Added a "Crafted" column to destinguish between imbued and non-imbued to aid in determining the intensity rating.
e) Added color tones to the resistances for clarity.

Total Materials Tab Modifications:
f) Added all the major ingredients used and alphabetized them.
g) Added a "Misc" column to include non-imbued items in the total mod calculation.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 5: 12/12/2010
Modifications:
a) Added a Version Number to the Instructions Tab for clarity.
b) Resized all the tabs to maintain the same horizontal spacing.
c) Altered some conditional formatting equations so they will correctly transfer when saved as a 1997-2003 file.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6: 1/1/2011
First version widely available. Functions as follows:
a) 1997-2003 OR 2007 versions available
b) Drop down menu's for +skill, weapon speed, and armor type.
c) Calculates intensities of Jewelry, Armor, Weapons, and Shields
d) Totals imbued properties (allows for non-imbued items to be added in)
e) Tabulates necessary imbuing ingredients (assuming 100% success rate)
f) Upon entering an impossible combination (such as adding too many mods or over the maximum intensity) the cells are highlighted in RED.

Modifications from version 5.0:
g) Added a Shield Tab.
h) Corrected the armor major ingredient for resistances from magical Residue to Enchanted Essence.
i) Added a non-imbued tab to total all non-imbued items for clarity rather than a single column on the totals page.
j) Corrected some word spacing issues.
k) Added imbuing major ingredients needed for the Shield Tab to the Totals Tab.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.1: 1/29/2011
Modifications for the Weapons tab:
a) Corrected an error using Enchanted Essence for all minor slayers (only for Blood and Dragon Slayers)
b) Corrected the Velocity Intensity equation modified to exclude 1-10 imbued values (not allowed in game)
c) Added "Tourmaline" to the Velocity gem ingredients list

Modifications for the Armor Tab:
a) Added maximum resists for different types of gargish armor (instead of just "gargish armor")
b) Added maximum intensity differences between "exceptional" and "non-exceptional"

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.2: 2/6/2011
a) Added required powder of fortification based on the item's durability.
b) Added a "Price" tab to aid in determining the imbued price for both a minimum and maximum.
c) Added a % Profit and gold total (minimum and maximum) to the "Totals" tab.
d) Centered the "crafted" resistances on the armor tabs.
e) Updated the Instructions tab to be more self-explanitory.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.2.1: 2/6/2011
a) Fixed an glitch when you select "leather" for human leather it gave you gargish resists.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 6.3: 2/13/2011
a) Added the update history for versions 1 through 5.
b) Fixed the highlighted color being incorrect for the energy resist on the Gorget Tab.
c) Added a price system to the non-imbued items so you can include them in the base price before profit.
d) Made it so you can adjust how many of each ingredient you have to adjust the base price before profit.
e) Added a "name" row for the imbued non-imbued items for user clarity.
f) Adjusted the note on the Armor Tabs to better reflect what you currently need to enter.
g) Rordered the "min" and "max" columns on the Price Tab to be universal.
h) Added the pof calculation to include the weapon and shield tabs. Also fixed a rounding error that was estimating the required powder of fortification incorrectly.
i) Corrected the note on the weapons tab to say "life/mana leech" rather than "mana/stam" leech.
j) Removed "Use Best Weapon Skill" from all ranged weapons.
k) Added "Ranged (Gargoyle)" and "Melee (Gargoyle)" to the weapons tab and the necessary modifications. This is in its Beta Stage. If you should find an error please let me know. The initial assumption is the maximum intensities are the same as for non-gargoyle weapons. The mods not available have already been removed.
l) "Choose Armor" type will now display as non-gray when a armor type is selected.
m) Modified all tabs to not display ingredients if over the maximum allowed intensity.
n) Added the mysticism skill to group 4 list for jewelry.
o) Renumbered the skill group numbing to match the imbue gump.
p) Added a flat rate profit option on the Totals Tab.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 7.0: 4/17/2011
Note: Modified the Images in posts #2 and #3 to reflect Version 7.0.
a) Added drop down spells to adjust your total resists. This enables the imbuer / imbuee to imbue a suit of armor to offset these resist differences if used.
b) Added an "Artifact" Tab in order to make entering the Non-Imbue items easier. You can copy and paste the mods from this tab and paste them onto the "Non-Imbued" Tab.
c) Reworded tabs as necessary to make the bottom shorter. This was necssary to see all tabs at once on the same view at the bottom (and it was annoying me…).
d) Fixed an error doubling the Faery Dust amount when needed for a ring.
e) Corrected some misspellings throughout (thanks Kilroy!).
f) Fixed a slight error in the armor resistance intensity calculation.
g) Corrected an error when Velocity of 1-10 is used.
h) Added a method to you show your current total resists on each page. This makes suit building easier. Some of this required reformatting the setup for each page by removing "(Select from List)". This was added to the instructions page to avoid confusion for newer users.
i) Fixed the gem and main ingredient for the dex increase on the ring and brace tabs.
j) Fixed the gem and main ingredient for the intel increase on the ring and brace tabs.
k) Fixed the cold resist for bandana/skullcap to 20 instead of 23.
l) Made it possible to use runic kits by designating "Runic ##" or "R ##".
m) Fixed the Main Ingredient for the "Mage Armor" mod on the armor tabs.
n) Added more hats, gargish necklaces and earrings to armor tab drop down menus.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 8.0: 7/22/2012
a) Fixed issue with max Hit/Defense Chance Increase for Ranged weapons to 25. Also fixed ingredient to include Fungi. Adjusted all amounts and prices on affected tabs.
b) Instead of adding more and more artifacts, a "User Favorites" section was created on teh "Artifacts" tab. It was placed at the top, for easy access.
c) Changed the "totals" tab to reflect ("Need"-"Have") rather than doing nothing when you input a value.
d) Changed the armor titles if gargoyle or human is selected from the drop down menu located on th e"How To" Tab. This required adding a few more error catches.
e) Added enhancing armor and shields that occur AFTER imbuing.
f) Added some error trapping on misc. tabs.
g) Added a crafted option to jewelry so it doesnt assume its always imbued.
h) Added a cell on the "Totals" tab to reflect a maximum durability for each piece. Type "0" if you do not want to use Powder of Fortification on your suit.

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 9.0: 7/10/2013
a) Complete Redesign of Coding and Resources. To be honest I started from scratch.
b) Fixed Totals on "Resists" tab if a runic crafted resist is entered.
c) Added reforging and Magical Loot properties throughout spreadsheet.
d) Fix mana leech intensity to be correct on weapons.
e) Fixed ring and bracelet lower reagent cost and lower mana cost as they were switched.
f) Added Suit Totals to the "Wep" tab.
g) Added a Default to Armor tabs to all be the same type and quality (initially).
h) Added hci to shields.
i) Fixed an issue with gloves not whiting out on the "Non-Imbued" tab.
j) Fixed crafted resists on shield. It wasn't updating resists.
k) Added str, dex, intel to final suit (from character) on Totals Tab.
l) Fixed Resources total for Velocity on Weapons.
m) Updated enhancing resists to reflect the new values.
n) Added a "simplification" option to hide resources & price information for those who wish to only view the stats and imbuing intensities :).
o) Your suggestions!

Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 9.1: Future
a) % Success Chance Increase to modify Ingredient Usage (Hardcoded into 9.0 but not functional yet)
b) Your suggestions!

Last edited:

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Download Location
Current Version 9.0a

Please download by following these steps:

1. Select the version you want and click on the follow links:

2007 Excel:
Download off the Stratics Website:
Tools - Zolafs Imbuing Calculator

1997-2003 Excel:
No longer available without contacting me.

2. Save the file to the desired location. I would reccomend a "Ultima Online" folder or just the file on your desktop for easy access.

3. If you would like to donate, please send $1 to [email protected] on paypal (Zolaf Faloz). It would be greatly appreciated!

Please Respond if you are using this calculator and like it. Let me know if you find any errors so I can continue to make it better!

Special thanks goes to chat.stratics.com and stratics.com for allowing me to make the downlaod go through their site. TRUST ME it helps alot!

Thank you!

Zolaf

Last edited:

covert

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna try this out in OpenOffice to see if it works okay. Looks awesome! :D

edit: Works fantastic so far. No bugs yet.

F

Faux Pas

So awesome to have this tool!!! Thxs a million! Takes all the guess work out of pricing.

waldodave

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Zolaf, great job on the spreadsheet. I was wondering if you might be able to add craftable items, like Pendant of the Magi, Stitchers Mittens, etc?

If you would like some help with that, I'd be glad to give it a shot.

A

Angel of Atlantic

holy cow and amazing. you wanna talk about the best imbuing calc ever. everyone should get this

P

Phelan James

Thank you for making my job so much easier. Excellant work!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You are most welcome!

Also...to save on space in this page (and to avoid many many pages of flipping...) I have removed most of my responses that have been addressed. I ask for those who have had their errors/suggestions fixed to please remove your own posts in order to keep the size down. This will help people find the graphics and also the downloadable post (#8 for download).

Thanks!
I'll move some to clean it up some more..... Which posts not yet deleted do you wish to be removed?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
There're some note about price calculation:

1. I can fail with imbuing and lose ingredients.
I want an ability to input imbue chances.
Would be even better if I've must just enter the imbuing order and let the program to calculate imbuing chances for me.
Sometimes I need to imbue 3-4 mod that require relic (HCI/DCI/FC/FCR on a ring or SSI/Slayer/HCI on a weapon). Sometimes I imbue reforged (1 FC and 15 DCI on a shield with 5 HCI and 25 DI) or shame loot item (1 FC and 3 FCR on a 4 MR ring).

2. I must craft several (sometimes hundreds of armor pieces) to get the proper resists distribution.
I want an ability to input chances.
Would be even better if the program calculated them.
This is important for woodland armor. It takes 15 barks to craft an exceptional chest and 8 barks for other items. So price of an item may be few millions.

3. Sometimes I don't want to PoF to max durability.
I want an ability to input what durability I need.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most awesome thing ever made in the history of uo... its unbelievable. Now some people just want it to do things for them cause their lazy... don't waste your time fixing that stuff... But would u consider a youtube tutorial?

S

swateam46

Zolaf,
Thank You so much for this awesome contribution !!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How about adding ability to enter reforged and "shame loot" stats like 5 hci on armor and 10 ssi on bracelets, etc?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Right now I use "misc" page (designed for artifacts) to enter reforging values. The only drawback - I don't see intensity on the slot page. So I have to keep in memory for example that on gloves there are one mod 135 intesity busy.
Also I need a raw with "damage eater".
I don't think you need to add 50 mods to each slot. I think it's better to use "artifacts page" or add similar page for reforging (one for all slots).
BTW I use this misc page for enchancing as well. If I'm going to enchance an item I add material resists on this page.

There is one more wish:
It would be convenient to enter my base stats and see my stats in this suit (str/dex/int/hp/mana/stamina and may be swing speed).

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
For HCI and DCI intesity is the same as on jewels.

I believe that for Dex/Str/Int intesity is the same as on jewels but I've never tried it.

Self Repair = 0 intesity 0 mods (it disappears when you imbue any other mod to the item)

Single Eaters = 6 * value (max 6 * 15 = 90)
Damage Eater = 15 * value (max 15 * 15 = 225)

I don't know about Casting Focus and Enhance Potions. (I think you could use jewel values for unknown mods)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is a technical problem I need to talk to the host about. Please contact me via email to receive the file. If you have the newer version try "save target as" to override your original file. For some reason the newer version is picky...

UPDATE: Version 9.0 is underway. I have added a location for character stats to be entered, adding reforging, reformatting the entire sheet to remove erroneous code from previous iterations and tweaks, adding the % chance feature (currently it will not work but is hard coded so all I need to do is figure out the % chance formula, or someone else...). I have also modified the "non-imbued" tab to work on drop down menus; you will no longer need to copy/paste your artifacts :).

Progress: 75% complete
Armor Tabs Complete
Prices Tab Complete
Artifacts Tab Complete
Non-imbued Tab Complete
Totals Tab 95%
Resists Tab Complete
Ring Tab Complete
Brace Tab Complete
Weps 0%
Shields 0%

I loved 8.0 and am looking forward to 9.0

Thank you for your effort and for sharing it with the Stratics Community!!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I sent you my e-mail Zolaf, thanks for including me. :)

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent you my e-mail Zolaf, thanks for including me. :)
What do you think so far?
I fixed the enhancing since I gave it to you. They have since updated the resists you add, so I updated those. They average about 4 more resists per piece.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I really like it so far. I have used it to design 2 new suits and it is much better than the old one.

Brendan [U|S]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Great, great creation Zolaf. Much appreciated. If you are still looking for some testers for your newest version, I would love to take a look. Also, what i have noticed is that the totals for materials needed are not being listed on the "totals" tab. However if I plug in that i have a material that i know i need, it subtracts it from the total cost. It seems to me that the spreadsheet is recognizing that the material is needed but just not displaying it on the last tab. I don't know if this is just me or what.

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did i sent you 9.0? I am still looking for beta testers.

The cells on the totals tab should show up as blue if they are greater than 0. If you have say 12 needed and type in 6, it will display 6 still needed until you get to 12. Let me check into the issue and see if that is true.

Last edited:

Brendan [U|S]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i was under the impression that the totals tab was to show the total number of mats needed for all of the mods you have selected throughout the spreadsheet. so if a gorget needed 5 frags, 10 residue, and 10 ess of passion then the totals tab would show that. it doesnt for me

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm well that is interesting. Does it show the materials on each individual page? If not, you may be entering it under the wrong column. If that is still an issue, I am beta testing 9.0 anyway :p.

If thats not the case icq me or something so we can get it resovled :)

i was under the impression that the totals tab was to show the total number of mats needed for all of the mods you have selected throughout the spreadsheet. so if a gorget needed 5 frags, 10 residue, and 10 ess of passion then the totals tab would show that. it doesnt for me

Last edited:

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention followers! Version 9.0 is out for release! Download the new version in post #7. As always, I appreciate the beta testers for helping with this massive overhaul as well as appreciate those who forward their errors to me!

Zolaf

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am recently back to playing UO and this calculator looks like a life-saver. I can't get the link to work though for the 2007 Excel version - not sure if I am doing something wrong :(

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am recently back to playing UO and this calculator looks like a life-saver. I can't get the link to work though for the 2007 Excel version - not sure if I am doing something wrong :(

Try right clicking on it and use "save as". I use google chrome and all I need to do is click on the link. If you are still having trouble email or icq me.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try right clicking on it and use "save as". I use google chrome and all I need to do is click on the link. If you are still having trouble email or icq me.
that worked! Thank you so much :)

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Version 9.1: Future
a) % Success Chance Increase to modify Ingredient Usage (Hardcoded into 9.0 but not functional yet)
b) Your suggestions!
I've been working hard to solve a). I've been trying to come up with a solution and think i've reached a partial one. Let me know if you're interested.

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been working hard to solve a). I've been trying to come up with a solution and think i've reached a partial one. Let me know if you're interested.
Of course I am. Feel free to private message me so we can setup an easier contact method.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I worked out the success chance formula for imbuing with human/elf at normal SF. It's not exact, but is accurate within 0.1% of the actual success value (rounding silliness). Now to just convert the numbers to account for Garg, Queen's SF, and/or TerMur SF.

Last edited:

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok, I worked out the success chance formula for imbuing with human/elf at normal SF. It's not exact, but is accurate within 0.1% of the actual success value (rounding silliness). Now to just convert the numbers to account for Garg, Queen's SF, and/or TerMur SF.
Does anyone have the formulas for Garg, Queens Sf, TerMur Sf bonuses? Also, how do they interact (i.e. Do they stack, etc?) These are the last pieces needed to finish my success model for imbuing. I see some things listed on Stratics, Uo Guide, and elsewhere, but want to know if anyone has tested those numbers. Been real busy and can't test it out myself right now.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zolafs Imbuing Calculator Download Location
Current Version 9.0

Note: The links are working again.

Please download by following these steps:

1. Select the version you want and click on the follow links:

2007 Excel:
http://chat.stratics.com/zolaf/Zolafs_Imbuing_Calculator_Current.xlsx
*Note: The 2007 file will be a zipped folder. Right click and save target as to save the zipped folder. Then open excel 2007 and open the zipped folder. This will then allow you to override your old version (dont ask me why its this way...it just works...2007 excel is weird).

1997-2003 Excel:
http://chat.stratics.com/zolaf/Zolafs_Imbuing_Calculator_Current.xls

2. Save the file to the desired location. I would reccomend a "Ultima Online" folder or just the file on your desktop for easy access.

3. If you would like to donate, please send $1 to [email protected] on paypal (Zolaf Faloz). It would be greatly appreciated!

Please Respond if you are using this calculator and like it. Let me know if you find any errors so I can continue to make it better!
Special thanks goes to chat.stratics.com for allowing me to make the downlaod go through their site. TRUST ME it helps alot!

Thank you!

Zolaf

Has anyone been able to download or "save as" the 2007 Excel file ? Because no matter what I try, I have not....

I tried Firefox and also IExplorer and Goggle Chrome and none works for me so I am wondering whether others have been able to get the 2007 Excel file.

I am not sure I understand why the download or the saving do not work for me.
Can perhaps Stratics host the file on other than the "chat.stratics.com" ? Perhaps it is this "chat" place that creates problems to the download of the file ??

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had issues downloading from the links. I sent Zolaf an ICQ and he then emailed me over the excel file.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried and was able to download both versions. Are you downloading from this part of the thread? http://stratics.com/community/threads/new-imbuing-calculator.229839/#post-1893598

You can always e-mail him at the addy provided in the original post as well. :)
Yes, I am trying to download from that part of the thread.

I would like to understand why some can download but some others like me cannot....
Anyone has any ideas what might be causing problems to the download ?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When you click the link, what happens? Does it download anything at all? If it does, it just doesn't open?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you click the link, what happens? Does it download anything at all? If it does, it just doesn't open?

It attempts to download but, after a while of trying, regardless of any of t
I am not sure, try right clicking? Maybe its a firewall setting? I can email to you if you would just email me or icq me :p

I changed the download link to also include stratics. Please download from there if you are having issues!

Thanks a lot Zolaf, using the newer Stratics link it worked fine this time.
Still wondering why the first link did not work with me, though.............

Thanks a lot !!

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot Zolaf, using the newer Stratics link it worked fine this time.
Still wondering why the first link did not work with me, though.............

Thanks a lot !!
You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy it and that it helps you out in game :)

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay everyone, I am working on version 9.1. Anyone have anything they want fixed? or added? speak now or forever hold your peace!
Z

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zolaf I would like to try to port this to google sheets. But the downloads do not work. Can you send a new link? Or what is the best way to get a copy?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I missed this, the main thing that I would like to see added would be the ability to choose artifacts and stuff in the individual slots such as head, sleeves, leggings, etc so I can add those stats into me suits when I use them in conjunction with pieces that I am making. :)