• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Fish and Fish Buffs

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please post any comments/bugs you have regarding all the new fish and recipes.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long is it safe to leave your lobster traps behind somewhere?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug: (CC) Same type of fish facing different directions (east/south) do not stack.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same for the lobster traps, dont stack when (somehow) face different directions.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the lobster traps supposed to bloop, bloop, and disappear? Several just vanished without a trace during use.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fish are HIDEOUS in the EC... Blurry and pixelated and many are oddly oversized.

Their colors also do not match their names most times...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The fish are HIDEOUS in the EC... Blurry and pixelated and many are oddly oversized.

Agreed and stacking is a HUGE issue! Things MUST Stack! I can see fish that have various weights not stacking but all other fishes need to stack.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As far as I'm aware it's the same artwork as 2d, So if they are pixelated adjust your zoom in the EC client and they should be fine. :thumbup1:

T

Tancred RedStar

Devs: please call in someone who sportfishes or use an online resource to identify fish to review some of the fish names/bodies. The green catfish has the body model of what is known as a "dolphin fish" or "mahi mahi" irl. For anyone who fishes, this is waaay wrong and pretty annoying. When I'm not playing UO I'm fishing in Galveston, TX so this is driving me nuts already. It would be like calling a 1968 Mustang Boss 302 a 1984 Chevrolet Chevette. It's just... wrong.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long is it safe to leave your lobster traps behind somewhere?
It appears that lobster traps randomly disappear. Sometimes it is a minute. Sometimes it is 10 minutes. I bet there is a maximum limit of a hour or something.

They are not meant to be left for hours unattended.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its ok they dissapear after a while. Otherwise there was no reason to buy more traps. :)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fish Types and Colors, color the colored fish.

Please add the appropriate hues to the "colored fishes"

and has anyone fished up a dark fish yet? (was my quest given)

459 casts and no dark fish.

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The brook trout needs the same graphic as the rainbow trout, they are both similar looking species in real life. Btw you guys nailed the Rainbow trout on its shape.

I do like the different graphics for the fishes but is there a chance you guys can color each species closer to its real life counterpart? For example the blue Groper is blue and not red. The brook trout you could make green with red spots. Rainbow trout Green with a Pink stripe.. Ect. It would tie up your art people for a bit I guess.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two people open an old boat cargo hold. Place fish in. Can't see the names of the fish the friend placed in the hold until close and re-open.

Some fish have the same look, but different names.

-Lorax

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was said at the Town Hall that some fish would be location specific. But we have been able to fish up 34 different ones all around Docktown. Was that removed or are there a lot more than 34 varieties of fish (it was said at Town Hall there were 30).

T

Tancred RedStar

I think the new fish are too heavy, at 10 stones *each*. This will fill a player's pack very quickly, requiring more intervention and inventory management more often.

One idea would be a wearable fish bag, similar to a quiver, that holds only fish, which are auto-placed there while worn, and offers weight reduction or even some bonus/incentive to Fishing skill(quest reward?).

W

Wolf_Atlantic

Catching two fish with one one attempt

For a while I was pulling in two fish with each cast. Usually they where two of the same kind of fish but sometimes not. Not sure if this is intended or some perk of being 120...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was said at the Town Hall that some fish would be location specific. But we have been able to fish up 34 different ones all around Docktown. Was that removed or are there a lot more than 34 varieties of fish (it was said at Town Hall there were 30).
Town Hall said 36 new fish plus lobsters. Maybe there is one unique in Tokuno, and one unique somewhere else.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the list so far:
Fish - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Some fish can only be caught inside the Dungeons and some fish -rarer big fishes- can only be caught in certain locations. All 42 of the new regular fishes are caught and their images are matched. The other 26 are these rarer fishes and while I had some success on catching a very small number of them, (also heard other players caught some), I havent seen the majority of them yet.

I tihnk stacking and 10 stone weights are two major issues right now.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lobster Trap

Lobster Trap does not reveal, you can stay hidden as long as you can.
Fishing pole and other harvesting items reveal on use.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the new fish are too heavy, at 10 stones *each*. This will fill a player's pack very quickly, requiring more intervention and inventory management more often.

One idea would be a wearable fish bag, similar to a quiver, that holds only fish, which are auto-placed there while worn, and offers weight reduction or even some bonus/incentive to Fishing skill(quest reward?).
One of the devs noted the new ships cargo holds can carry 12,000 stones, maybe this is to offset the 10 stone per fish weight?

BBWolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, i caught me a Reaper fish. Looks Rare. I got all the ingredients and made it into a pie times 5. I recalled to my house to get more supplies and client crashed. I used my 2nd computer to see if i can log on later and it opens then crashes again. Now i cant use that char never EVER again. (Uh -oh! i broke it). And i never got a chance to eat that fish pie!

If i log on another char on that same account it works fine. But that Reaper fish killed my char forever.....

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Lava Fish supposed to be able to be caught on the upper level of the Abyss in water?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new trophies dont quite work right. They both correctly retain name and color, but neither keeps the weight or date of the fish displayed. Also, the Marlin one is in three pieces once placed, and the left and right pieces still show as being a Marlin trophy rather than the fish name.

Classic fish trophies arent retaining the date either, but then again date also isnt working right yet.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big fish weight scaling seems off once you get past 120 fishing, what with two people having gotten 250 stone fish already with the testing as opposed to nobody getting about 225 ever before this.

I'm gonna hound you guys on this one because I do NOT want to see people's hard work catching weighted fish invalidated.

A

Asherlord

I wonder which place I shall get those "fish monger" quest fish, can't find and can't row into dungeon with that boat

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

This is probably old news by now but I thought I'd post it anyway.
I made the yellow barracuda pie and it gives 3 HPR, eating multiple pies doesn't seem to stack.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the Lava Fish supposed to be able to be caught on the upper level of the Abyss in water?
Wouldn't you have to use the lava pole? I got one lastnight i been trying it out haven't caught anything yet :(

Got one !!!!!!!!!!!! took me few hours but i got one

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I was coming here to say the same thing, iv been fishing for an hour now and have nearly filled my cargo hold but only have 1 of the fish i need for my quest, the old fish are only 1 stone which is exceptible but 10 is to much unless there rare big fish.

Thunderz

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to see maybe a trash barrel for ships so i don't fill my deck up with fish . I been carrying bags filling up bags so the deck not so full .

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, i caught me a Reaper fish. Looks Rare. I got all the ingredients and made it into a pie times 5. I recalled to my house to get more supplies and client crashed. I used my 2nd computer to see if i can log on later and it opens then crashes again. Now i cant use that char never EVER again. (Uh -oh! i broke it). And i never got a chance to eat that fish pie!

If i log on another char on that same account it works fine. But that Reaper fish killed my char forever.....
Where ya catch?

That sucks though that it crashed char :/.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got the lava fish in Abyss in the lava pools with a lava pole took a while it get one . Not sure that help you out Petra Fyde.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this is the place to put this in . I try out a lava trap i got drop it in the lava pulled out normal lobsters and it turn to a normal lobster trap . I'm not sure if its designed to do that or if its buged I would think it should stay as a lava trap .

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this is the place to put this in . I try out a lava trap i got drop it in the lava pulled out normal lobsters and it turn to a normal lobster trap . I'm not sure if its designed to do that or if its buged I would think it should stay as a lava trap .
This is exactly the place to put it!

It seems like a serious bug. So, when you double click the lava trap to take it from the lava, it uses the same routine as regular lobster traps, thus it places a regular trap on your backpack.

Thanks for sharing! I hope they fix it before the release and I'm not going to use any lava trap until they do.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly the place to put it!

It seems like a serious bug. So, when you double click the lava trap to take it from the lava, it uses the same routine as regular lobster traps, thus it places a regular trap on your backpack.

Thanks for sharing! I hope they fix it before the release and I'm not going to use any lava trap until they do.

Yes and put a normal lobsters in my pack and the trap was normal trap when it came out .

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I told this one to Mesanna directly days ago and she took note of it, saying it definitely wasn't supposed to happen.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I carght some kinds of rare fish.

Blue Lobster : Ice dungeon
Bull Fish : Labyrinth
Fairy Salmon : TerMur
Unicorn fish : Twisted Wield

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh, thanks!
Fairy Salmon - in shallow water from the beach or deep water from the long pier?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How exactly are lobster traps supposed to work? From what I read, there are 11 types of crabs and 11 types of lobsters, which means the odds of getting one particular type is 1 out of 22 (or 4.5%). If this is the case, you'd need set traps out 73-220 times in order to complete a 10 apple crab order. Isn't that a little crazy?

I've gotten anywhere from 1-3 crabs/lobsters per a pull in, but whenever I pull before the trap starts to bob I get nothing. And sometimes, as people have noted, the trap bobs and instantly goes away. I understand this trap is fishing at its finest, having to actually pay attention and WAIT for fishing, haha, but seems a little crazy to me right now the way it works.

It's sort of like whack a mole.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think that catching a particular lobster or crab has the same chance as others. Since we're at the test center, we're all legendary fisherman so we dont see any difference. My guess is additional fish/lobster/crab adds to the list as your fishing skill increase. You might have noticed that you end up with far mor regular lobsters and crabs than other types. I dont know Petra tried it yet but I also think some lobsters and crabs (not the rare ones) can be caught in specific locations too.

Darhon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've once catched 2 crabs and 1 lobster with 1 lobster trap, with 0 (20 human) fishing.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think that catching a particular lobster or crab has the same chance as others.
I have no idea. If it's even, then it's a 1 out of 22 chance (4.54%). If it isn't even, then there is probably even less of a chance to get, say, an "apple crab." Has anyone started a reward list for quests? That might help me, haha.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've caught, 172 crabs/lobsters, 3.49% have been apple, lol. Ugh. :) Oh well I guess some things should be difficult.