• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Craftables Testing

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
since I couldn't get vice tiles without a heck of a lot of effort I substituted chaos tiles. What do you think?
View attachment 35609

oh, I think that answers Siward's question too!
Looks great, the Braziers for the corners will be hard to get as they are Vet rewards. I believe I will have buyers for Vice tiles if I start collect them.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What, you all though these would be used tastefully? o_O

I foresee the most fashion forward borg cubes being made from the new pieces, hued the most obscene colors possible, and, of course, interspersed with the crystal set. Resistance is futile! o.0
Don't care as long as I can't see them from outside. Which is the case :)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sort of customization of castles & keeps looks attractive just... only those who are GM carpenters with Masonry will be able to enjoy it ?? I have a castle and I could use some customization, alas I don't have a crafter :( some other people might have the crafter not the keep or castle ... or are they going to make it available to any owner of castle or keep without the special skills ? i guess not...
It requires 60 Carpentry, a Mallet and Chisel, and you have to read the Making Stone Crafting Book. With GM Carpentry, you have a maximum of 80% chance to make the item.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As I can't copy from Siege, I have to do mining before I can test here. I choose a Tower as I want to see what I can do to it.

So fare I made the other floors private with a set of doors, I hope they fix it, so I can make them open the other way.
Try using the house deco tool on them to "turn" them. *smiles*

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As hard as colored granite is to get, dunno why anyone would do this...........but...........now if you could set the color to say Shadow Iron when you're using normal granite, I'd be all over that o.0:danceb::troll:
Im not going to use all colours so why not use the non wanted as they were plain granite? If you do some big changes you will use loads of granite and if it saves us from some mining ...

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other New Craftables

Tailor:
  • Tiger & Dragon Turtle studded armor pieces, all need recipes, even for females. :)

now... where to get recipes?!
There is no this recipe's in Resource bag on TC1.
Also that armor need Tiger Pelt & Dragon Turtle Scute to craft - pobably some new "Leather" from Eodon.

Somebody know the properties of this Armor?
Is this only new type of studded armor with same propirties or it differs significant in some way ( more then distribution of base resists) ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also that armor need Tiger Pelt & Dragon Turtle Scute to craft - pobably some new "Leather" from Eodon.

Is this only new type of studded armor with same propirties or it differs significant in some way ( more then distribution of base resists) ?
We won't know the properties until we can craft it, and we can't craft it till we get the recipes and resources. Patience will be required.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just showing stairs to middle roof, linking the two front towers with shadow iron pavers and a down to the middle roof with steps and a small imbuing room put on roof.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It requires 60 Carpentry, a Mallet and Chisel, and you have to read the Making Stone Crafting Book. With GM Carpentry, you have a maximum of 80% chance to make the item.
The 60 carpentry skill is rather misleading, as you need to have GM carpentry skill before you can read the stone crafting book.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So glad I didn't lose my Tokuno pigments Invulnerability blue and dryad green amongst other dyes.....
....i'm going to make a Tram Castle that makes that Europe Luna Neon monstrosity look positively tame.......:naughty-angel::devil:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So glad I didn't lose my Tokuno pigments Invulnerability blue and dryad green amongst other dyes.....
....i'm going to make a Tram Castle that makes that Europe Luna Neon monstrosity look positively tame.......:naughty-angel::devil:
As you can't stack the tiles or dye the stones, you will need more than one bottle :p

I think there may be more business for alchemists selling plant dyes

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks great, the Braziers for the corners will be hard to get as they are Vet rewards. I believe I will have buyers for Vice tiles if I start collect them.
FYI when you come to build it. It takes 25 blocks in a 5 x 5 square, 8 corner stair pieces and 4 normal stair pieces. 37 dye charges in all.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe building it in dull granit. What dye did you use?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used plain plant dye. It's not quite a match for the real thing, but it's the closest I could get. I tried 'off white' and 'metal' dye, samples can be seen at the house. It's west of Magincia dock, just follow the coast to find it. House is public.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried the dye tubs on them? like the furniture dye tub ect..

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I used plain plant dye. It's not quite a match for the real thing, but it's the closest I could get. I tried 'off white' and 'metal' dye, samples can be seen at the house. It's west of Magincia dock, just follow the coast to find it. House is public.
Great, maybe it will make more buy plain plant dye :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*Mumbles unhappy* Did anyone else lose floor tiles. I learned, they don't want me to build a roof more on my tower but fair enough. I would had loved to do it :p

Reactions: Vor

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Mumbles unhappy* Did anyone else lose floor tiles. I learned, they don't want me to build a roof more on my tower but fair enough. I would had loved to do it :p
Depends on how high it is...Kyronix said that if you try to build too high even using the ladder/goza tricks the pieces will bounce back to your pack.

So far I've built some pretty ugly stairs :/

upload_2015-8-30_13-34-51.png

Going up to the second floor
upload_2015-8-30_13-35-12.png

An extra floor...carpal tunnel has set in so I had to take a break lol

upload_2015-8-30_13-35-51.png

And I've built part of a second story on one tower....still messing with it a bit but none of my pieces have disappeared

upload_2015-8-30_13-37-2.png

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Mine was there for several days, but today they was gone, one floor tiles was left, not all was to high, did you check your tower today?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Probably just as bad as dragon scale armor.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only question i got is...once you place this stuff up.... can you see the deco on the next floor when you walk on that floor or does the stone stuff block your view?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only question i got is...once you place this stuff up.... can you see the deco on the next floor when you walk on that floor or does the stone stuff block your view?
You mean does the new floor cover the old second? I can't say for sure. But I'd assume it's like custom housing. If you're under the floor you'll be able to see the deco. If you've got open sky above you you'll see the stonework.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
WARNING!
If you build high, you risk losing your creations. The Circle of Transparency does NOT work with these crafted items (walls, floors, stairs) and others may report your tall creations.

So basically, these new pieces will be like rubble homes. And we all know what happens when a troll doesn't like your rubble home. :(

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Using the interior decorator does not work on doors, metal and stone. Have to use the normal "I wish to lock this down" command on doors for double clicking them is the open/close feature, then can set permissions. Once locked, cannot "turn" them - keep getting message, "You cannot turn that."

If it is intended to "turn" the doors for different open facing, it is not working on TC. Maybe it works in the Focus Group (not that I would know, I'm not in the FG), but it definitely does not in TC.

@Kyronix can you enlighten?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Using the interior decorator does not work on doors, metal and stone. Have to use the normal "I wish to lock this down" command on doors for double clicking them is the open/close feature, then can set permissions. Once locked, cannot "turn" them - keep getting message, "You cannot turn that."

If it is intended to "turn" the doors for different open facing, it is not working on TC. Maybe it works in the Focus Group (not that I would know, I'm not in the FG), but it definitely does not in TC.

@Kyronix can you enlighten?
This is working as intended. We'll be adding additional facings to the crafting menu in a future update.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for the quick reply! :D

On a more creative note, the pavers can be turned for slightly different patterns. Particularly happy about this since I dislike the cookie-cutter approach to flooring. :D

*edit*

here are all the pavers - you can see the subtle differences in the texture depending on how many times you turn.
Edit again
If you want the *exact* tile as what is currently used for the castle flooring, turn the dark tile only once. That is the repeated pattern of the existing castle tiles. Not sure for the Fort or Large Tower - but I assume it is the same tile. :hula:

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is working as intended. We'll be adding additional facings to the crafting menu in a future update.
Not to sound pessimistic but....you mean a future update "before" it goes live? or a future update like the AoS and other housing sets are still waiting for years on??

Selistrana

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is this only for Stone House Tiles or will Carpenters be able to create Wooden Floor / Wall Tiles too, in different Wood Colors?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
you can get on test plants that you can turn into dyes. I think its 'give plants'. They come in a different variety of colors.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...I just got the updated events list from my EM and our ToL Event Arc Finale is scheduled for the 29th...

So...sooonnn!!!!!! :banana:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Someone please tell me that Regular chisels are going to be craftable with the publish.
Was thinking the same thing as I'm burning through them like crazy on TC whilst I test different things.
I know one thing - better stock up on the prodo shards!
Been finding a lot of blackrock again. Thanks other miners for the turn in points!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After you craft the new walls how do you place them on test ? Like on north and west walls on the second floor of keeps or castles? How high up have players built? I hoped I could make a 4th floor that covers my whole keep then one above that with short walls to put garden beds on. Will this be possible?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
After you craft the new walls how do you place them on test ? Like on north and west walls on the second floor of keeps or castles? How high up have players built? I hoped I could make a 4th floor that covers my whole keep then one above that with short walls to put garden beds on. Will this be possible?
A 4th floor won't be possible or allowed.
When you place the walls, dbl click them to lock them down, then turn then with the tools, to make them turn right way.

At castles, you can make 2th floor over the courtyard and 3th floor between the towers and the main roof. I believe that is allowed and that will give you alot more space.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A 4th floor won't be possible or allowed.
When you place the walls, dbl click them to lock them down, then turn then with the tools, to make them turn right way.

At castles, you can make 2th floor over the courtyard and 3th floor between the towers and the main roof. I believe that is allowed and that will give you alot more space.
How do you raise up the crafted tall wall to fill in the spaces on the north and west castle walls? They have to raise up to fit on top of the short walls that already are part of the castle and keep.

Are you sure you cannot make a 4th floor? I was told that was as far as we could go with new walls and floors. Filling in stuff is sorta useless for a keep. I will still have skinny rooms.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Went all over test to see what had been done with keeps , castles, towers. Every one was locked except the garage which had no new walls or floors. :( @Kyronix please tell me if I can make a 4th floor over my production shard keep and castle. One large floor made of the new walls and floors not with evil gozas and rubble like we have to use now.

If so can it have a roof of new floor tiles? The roof would be edged with new short walls. Which makes two floors up from the existing center. Can this be done?

I cannot use keep yards , or take existing walls down. There are homes now that go way way up using gozas. I do not want to do that.