• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Craftables Testing

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so since I see everyone mainly talking about the currency stuff and the masteries, I thought I'd start a thread about the new craftables and the things we'll be able to do with them.

I just started experimenting, and I only had like 500 granite to copy over but here's the few things I've done so far.

Please feel free to build and share you're own! :) And anything that's wonky or off, feedback is, of course, appreciated in a nice way :)

upload_2015-8-28_16-33-40.png

Not enough to do the whole area but technically I can turn this whole upper area into a floor..that's pretty awesome! AND IT MATCHES!

upload_2015-8-28_16-35-57.png

New floor above a tower....in progress. 5 pieces of granite per floor tile...*note to self, mine like crazy*

upload_2015-8-28_16-36-59.png

STAIRS! NO GOZAS! OMG.....yeah I'm excited!

Okay...your turn! :)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those stairs are awesome!

A couple questions:

Which of the three colored floor tiles match?

Do floor tiles lock down at the correct level like in your picture, or do they have to be raised?

Thanks in Advance!

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Okay so since I see everyone mainly talking about the currency stuff and the masteries, I thought I'd start a thread about the new craftables and the things we'll be able to do with them.

I just started experimenting, and I only had like 500 granite to copy over but here's the few things I've done so far.

Please feel free to build and share you're own! :) And anything that's wonky or off, feedback is, of course, appreciated in a nice way :)

View attachment 35562

Not enough to do the whole area but technically I can turn this whole upper area into a floor..that's pretty awesome! AND IT MATCHES!

View attachment 35563

New floor above a tower....in progress. 5 pieces of granite per floor tile...*note to self, mine like crazy*

View attachment 35564

STAIRS! NO GOZAS! OMG.....yeah I'm excited!

Okay...your turn! :)
I'm just jealous because they just got closer to removing the only reason to not have a castle and on Atlantic it's impossible to get a castle in a reasonable timeframe or without $$$.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem I see is each tile counts to your lockdown... thats over 1k lock downs just for the floor alone! Not including all the walls and other stuffs that we will want to use the new tiles for!!

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
check the lock downs before and after you place some, i dont thing that they count as lock downs

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problem I see is each tile counts to your lockdown... thats over 1k lock downs just for the floor alone! Not including all the walls and other stuffs that we will want to use the new tiles for!!
Someone posted that they lock down like carpet tiles. If this is the case, they will not use any of the house lock downs.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check the lock downs before and after you place some, i dont thing that they count as lock downs
I placed a fresh castle today. NO lockdowns used until I started adding new steps and walls. Though they were highlighted yellow for some odd reason... Give me few to gather up more granite and I will retest

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I placed a fresh castle today. NO lockdowns used until I started adding new steps and walls. Though they were highlighted yellow for some odd reason... Give me few to gather up more granite and I will retest
you have to double click them to lock them down. If they are yellow they will decay.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well snap.... guess i should have known I was doing something wrong!! THIS IS A GREAT THING!!!! The only question I have now is I cant the steps higher then 10 or so clicks up. Anyone want to fill in a brain dead old school crafter?

edit.... figured it out! God I hate relearning stuffs all over again!

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes no lockdowns taken with the new stuff as they work like the carpet.

The dark pavers are the ones that match.

In the picture from left to right light medium and dark
upload_2015-8-28_22-11-7.png

As you can see..or can't see ;) The dark one blends in perfectly.

Here they are raised one so you can see better:
upload_2015-8-28_22-12-3.png

I'm trying to create a little guide...

upload_2015-8-28_22-12-29.png

Also as far as raising them, you still have to have your character higher then the object you are raising so you'll still need ladders.

Here I tried to create a floor above the tower and if I have this tile piece here I can't walk up the ladder all the way:

upload_2015-8-28_22-14-28.png

But when I remove it I am able to walk underneath the rest of it with no problems.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does all of this stuff use just normal granite color or can any color be used. If so does the color show up in the item you make?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does all of this stuff use just normal granite color or can any color be used. If so does the color show up in the item you make?
The items use the color of the granite and they can also be dyed...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You can use any color granite and it will retain the color, I'm short on colored granite, forgot to copy some over but I did manage to mine up 3 verite granite lol.

upload_2015-8-28_23-39-47.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The items use the color of the granite and they can also be dyed...
Okay not sure if I like that ......

upload_2015-8-28_23-47-30.png

Pretty...I used a turn-in dye on this one.....should make for some interesting looking houses lol

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eww..that last one is horrid! Please be tasteful UO...please!
Love this thread @Larisa. Thank you!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah...it's gonna be interesting...
upload_2015-8-29_0-25-42.png

I just hope people are tasteful in their color choices....can you imagine a whole house this color? Yikes!

Am working on more stuff now...I did notice that you can only dye the pieces made with colored granite.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also set the tool to do not colour as we always did, and get normal grey tiles from coloured granite you know.
As hard as colored granite is to get, dunno why anyone would do this...........but...........now if you could set the color to say Shadow Iron when you're using normal granite, I'd be all over that o.0:danceb::troll:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Larisa - maybe move this over to the homes & castles boards? that is the first place I went looking for this. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Natural red dye? Looks awesome.
yes :) original block is dull copper, the ones under the statues are copper. I copied some stone across on commodity deeds and cashed the deeds on the boat you can just see on the edge of the screen

[whisper]the stonecrafting page on my site is upto date.[/whisper]

Last edited:

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Other New Craftables

Carpentry:
  • Small Display Cases (south & east facing) - Misc. Add-Ons >> last two items in lists
  • Sign Hangers (light & dark) - Other >> last two items in lists
Tinker:
  • metal sign hangers - Miscellaneous
  • metal doors - Miscellaneous
  • wall safe - Miscellaneous
Tailor:
  • Chef's Toque - Hats (need recipe)
  • Kimono Dress & Wedding Dress - Shirts and Pants ( need recipes)
  • KILTS!!!!! Different kinds, too! - Shirts and Pants (need recipes)
  • Jester Shoes - Footwear (need recipe)
  • Tiger & Dragon Turtle studded armor pieces, all need recipes, even for females. :)

now... where to get recipes?!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay not sure if I like that ......

View attachment 35597

Pretty...I used a turn-in dye on this one.....should make for some interesting looking houses lol
Hahaha.... oh man. Eyesores. We are coming. :p I can picture the castles with the neon frosting already.

Though I must say the idea of finally being to make umbra like stone buildings... super sweet!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As I can't copy from Siege, I have to do mining before I can test here. I choose a Tower as I want to see what I can do to it.

So fare I made the other floors private with a set of doors, I hope they fix it, so I can make them open the other way.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the heck of it I decided to do something really stupid...
http://i.imgur.com/RTqZSvx.png
It was 2am at the time I started this post... so tired I forgot to hit post reply. Hopefully today Ill get the floor finished up

EDIT...
Just logged in to finish up the floor... and its gone!!
Makes me wonder if this is "the mans" way to keep us from building 3rd floors!

Last edited:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Painted walls oh joy! :) You can see the new walls without loading the house? I thought not. I have been looking for recipes. Either are very rare in Elftown quests or are loot. I really really, really , and I mean really hope they are not loot.

And we cannot dye existing walls can we?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WOW...okay so I'm still creating guide for this but check out Petra's Page

http://ode-guild.com/uostuff/stone-crafting.html

Thanks Petra!

Very nice work Murdock, must have taken some time!

I'm curious about customizable houses too.....got a few ideas but still workin on the Castle some ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Painted walls oh joy! :) You can see the new walls without loading the house? I thought not. I have been looking for recipes. Either are very rare in Elftown quests or are loot. I really really, really , and I mean really hope they are not loot.

No clue on the recipes, and no we can't dye existing walls, thankfully!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW...okay so I'm still creating guide for this but check out Petra's Page

http://ode-guild.com/uostuff/stone-crafting.html

Thanks Petra!

Very nice work Murdock, must have taken some time!

I'm curious about customizable houses too.....got a few ideas but still workin on the Castle some ;)
just deciding whether to ship some plain dye across and try to construct a copy of the town vvv altar on the roof. :D Don't have vice tiles though

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
just deciding whether to ship some plain dye across and try to construct a copy of the town vvv altar on the roof. :D Don't have vice tiles though
LOL I plan to make my private alter too, when it hit Siege

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What about seeing your new green stairs without loading the house? yes or no?

upload_2015-8-29_9-58-52.png
upload_2015-8-29_9-59-16.png

Nope can't see them until you step on the steps.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Only issue right now I'm seeing is that if you want to build using CoT, build those parts first because CoT does not work on the craftable stuff.

upload_2015-8-29_10-1-2.png

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im guessing we will find them (along with the mastery books) in the new lands somepalce.

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you lockdown stuff on the rough blocks? Like virtue tiles, etc.?

Siward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since I couldn't get vice tiles without a heck of a lot of effort I substituted chaos tiles. What do you think?
View attachment 35609

oh, I think that answers Siward's question too!
Exactly what I was looking for - Thank you very much, Petra.
I assume you can place floortiles directly onto the blocks also?

vasagi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont like having to do all the raising up with your house tool, just stack the rough blocks on top of each other and then put your stone tile on top of that, double click it to lock it down. you can do several rows at a time this way pretty quickly.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What, you all though these would be used tastefully? o_O

I foresee the most fashion forward borg cubes being made from the new pieces, hued the most obscene colors possible, and, of course, interspersed with the crystal set. Resistance is futile! o.0