• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Arrival to Britannia

twinnrova

Visitor
Hello, everybody! :D

I'm Twinn, and I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm a senior at the University of Arkansas at Fort Smith majoring in Computer Science, and I own an independent coffee shop and bookseller in Van Buren, Arkansas. I absolutely love role-playing games, especially MMORPGs where my competitive nature can shine.

I've played RuneScape for 12 years now, and I love it to death. I've tried out most of the major MMORPGs and enjoyed most every one of them. I recently realized that I've never played the father of all MMORPGs, Ultima Online. I have a deep appreciation for origins, and I love older two-dimensional graphics. In fact I still regularly play a version of RuneScape called RuneScape Classic that's forever locked in its state from 2003 (not to be confused with Old School RuneScape, which represents the year 2007). RSC uses 2D sprites in a 3D world and boasts complex social structures due to the open nature of the game, and I love it so much.

With all of this in mind, I set out to try Ultima Online. I opted out of trying a free shard hosted by others, feeling that I'd miss out in being a part of the longstanding history of Ultima if I didn't hop on to an official server. I paid the money, downloaded the client, and I logged in.

My first impression of New Haven felt like coming home. The graphics and mechanics are so much like what I'm used to in RSC. Actually, Ultima Online looks much better from a graphical perspective, and the mechanics are more open and better developed. I've thoroughly enjoyed my exploration of New Haven. I've fought skeletons and zombies and... mongbats, I think they are called? I've raised my swordsmanship, parrying, tactics, focus, and anatomy above 50% and healing is well on the way. At one point I was chased out of the Old Haven by a creature called the Impaler before returning and eventually defeating him. It was a very rewarding moment for me. I met a few people in game that were so incredibly kind, answering my questions and pointing me in the right directions.

With regards to what I expect to get out of this game, I'll note that I crave challenge. Taking on the toughest boss fights in PvM/PvE, using everything at my disposal to fell a supremely powerful foe gets my blood pumping. Even greater is my desire for battle against my companions in PvP encounters. Felucca sounds absolutely delightful. In RuneScape the designated PvP zone is known as the Wilderness, and I thrive there. To me, PvP isn't about robbing innocent players of their wealth; it's about finding the roughest, toughest warriors that exist and daring to take them on.

As we speak I'm making my way to the south to do battle with the brigands that have set up in the southern farmlands. I'm really, really enjoying the experience so far. I can't wait to meet all of you fine folk here on the forum in game someday! I'm on the Atlantic shard, and would love to get involved with this community. Please feel free to say hello! I'd love to meet up in game and chat with you! I'd like to know where to explore next when seeking out tougher challenges!

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction! Hope to talk to you all very soon :)

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and well met! :) That is a nice introduction..I don't know where you find time to play games though *laughs*. I am curious as to which client you downloaded?

twinnrova

Visitor
I find myself asking the same question, Miri! I actually can play RuneScape while I'm programming most of the time. :) I downloaded both clients, but I've only used the enhanced client thus far!

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That was a great post! Welcome to UO, I hope you will continue to have fun! :)