• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need for a stronger Rare community

G

Any increase in community within UO should be highly welcomed. The inate problem with a "rares collector" community is that to not collectors it will appear to be self serving; The first goal must be to try and bridge the devide between the other play style and that of the rares collector. The rares festivals have been a great start at spreading knowledge about rares collecting.

I know I have not gotten full force back into collecting because the debate between KR and the current client has not been resolved. I can not stand the look and feel of the KR client and the way houses and items look in KR. I fear that the new KR may have an effect on rare collecting in that rare will lose the graphic appeal.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I can not stand the look and feel of the KR client and the way houses and items look in KR. I fear that the new KR may have an effect on rare collecting in that rare will lose the graphic appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, I feel that they tried to use the WoW interface and failed miserably.....KR has to be the worst expansion they've ever came out with...

I'll never stop using 2d personally....and if they Nerf 2d....then thats the day i finally quit UO heh =/

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I can not stand the look and feel of the KR client and the way houses and items look in KR. I fear that the new KR may have an effect on rare collecting in that rare will lose the graphic appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, I feel that they tried to use the WoW interface and failed miserably.....KR has to be the worst expansion they've ever came out with...

[/ QUOTE ]
Third Dawn.

That was so horrible it was funny.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Third Dawn.

That was so horrible it was funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd dawn doesnt even half way compare to KR....third dawn wasnt even that bad to me tbh....KR is just a joke, the hues and such blend together, unique item graphics are nerfd etc etc....its just horrible, its unreal how bad KR is...

G

I'll definitely support this cause wholeheartedly. Thank you for coming up with this!

Selina

S

sapphirediablo11

First of RPing is kindof the point of why people would buy an mmoRPg...
So its not a lame thing... its one of the main ideals of it.

Secondly
I'm in for it. It sounds like a great idea!
*signs name*

I

imported_Riply

I would support your efforts in getting the rares community to be more active as a group and to try and get a larger group of new players involved too.

I hope to come and visit the Lake Superior meet up of players, if I can make it, I will bring my extra xmas statues to trade or sell to other players. I will also be looking to buy xmas statues that I am still lacking for my collection. If a player has an uncommon rare named statue that I still need I would be will to trade two other uncommon named statues for the one that he has that I need.
Hope to meet alot of fellow rares collectors at the meet up.

I may also buy some server up rares that I am looking for to decorate my other museum.

Rip.