• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious Stranger found [pictures!]

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope it's not an unannounced, one time occurence for Despise event. Being in game and not finding the creature despite searching to join in the hunt is not fun. Too bad that Sherry the Mouse statue wasn't able to squeak out a head's up!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
on Legends he was already engaged, and because he's red it's probably kinda pointless, but maybe someone could attempt talking to him before he attacks? was just kinda hoping for a little bit of story with this part of it, y'know?
I have to agree Devils...I have been so busy today I don't even KNOW what's goin on on Origin.

Everyone sees this new thing and thinks ZOMG LETS KILL IT!!! Like with Sudiva.

Is he Aggro? I seem to remember someone saying he's NOT? If not, and there's any shard who hasnt' mercilessly slaughtered the thing, can you TRY talking to it or interacting with it in some way?

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YEAH! lets make happy fun time super fantastic red mr. shadowlord! no kill, make love!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before we attacked the one on Atlantic I attempted to talk to it. Tried various ' key ' words that I could think of. Called it by name, etc..nothing.
A very silent mysterious stranger. His name is not Wispish. It has vowels in it.
But I will try wisp next time I run across one. Just in case.

The only thing I didn't try was to give him something...drat!
Next time I will try that before we start whacking him!

N

Nexia

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
His name isn't Wispish... it's Draconic... he transforms into a Dragon for a split second before vanishing after you finish him off.. and past that, he obviously has some sway over other Dragons.. so he'd have to be some sort of high end Lord of them.

Oh. And he's evil, definitely.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this message during the battle:

Everything around you dissolves into darkness
as Myxkion's burning eyes fill your vision

:eyes:
He he I got that twice as he Mind Rot'd me. Thanks to Foxxy for removing the Mind Rot.

All in all, on Lake Austin, he was a good fight that went down due to ... team work.

On Lake Austin, I am AKA Jeri Durga.

If I had know aboutn the Dreads I would have brought one to the party :) Makes me wonder if there is a Linkage .....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
evil yes, Crysta, but will he deal is the question.. does he want something, or need something, or even want to give us something. . . other than a deathrobe, I mean

Anne, you said you tried a glass dagger..... I'm thinking that was whackin' him with it, yes? maybe someone could try handing it to him, as a reference, a note of introduction, of sorts, that the giver had agreed to joining the absent Andrew's companions

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is he Aggro? I seem to remember someone saying he's NOT? If not, and there's any shard who hasnt' mercilessly slaughtered the thing, can you TRY talking to it or interacting with it in some way?
I never did the Moonglow part never had to make the choice to support them, but from just off screen he did cast Mind Rot on me and froze me in place. I never did anything to provoke him.

I went for help after my Greater went from Wonderfully Happy to Happy. :(

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
evil yes, Crysta, but will he deal is the question.. does he want something, or need something, or even want to give us something. . . other than a deathrobe, I mean

Anne, you said you tried a glass dagger..... I'm thinking that was whackin' him with it, yes? maybe someone could try handing it to him, as a reference, a note of introduction, of sorts, that the giver had agreed to joining the absent Andrew's companions
It may be enough to just Wield it if it can be Wielded.

A

Azazel of LA

He he I got that twice as he Mind Rot'd me. Thanks to Foxxy for removing the Mind Rot.

All in all, on Lake Austin, he was a good fight that went down due to ... team work.

On Lake Austin, I am AKA Jeri Durga.

If I had know aboutn the Dreads I would have brought one to the party :) Makes me wonder if there is a Linkage .....
Yes I was there too , was very good team work and I didnt see any deaths although I did show up kinda late.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks to everyone who responded about the name not being Wispish.

:)

I'm sure everyone has thrown the name into Google by now.....Zero hits earlier, now, one hit: This thread!

-Galen's player

L

Loquacious Wrath

I have to agree Devils...I have been so busy today I don't even KNOW what's goin on on Origin.
Well we just killed him. I got this Magical Lockbox and some wierd Rubies, Amethysts, and Citrines. In KR, they look like mistakes, not gems. Plus while fighting the guy in Despise, KR made my bow and other gear disappear on my paperdoll, making changing weapons macro-only. Really annoying.

T

Trebr Drab

Was it just one lock box per shard?

Also, what exactly happens when you try to drop something into it? I mean, no one's been able to open it, right? So items don't drop in it at all?

Has anyone tried casting armageddon with a piece of blackrock next to the box?

L

Lord Drakelord

Has anyone see him in other dungeons yet? Or just in Despise? I been checking but none I found.

S

SeaCaptain

I watched one of these for a few but didnt stay around long enough to see the outcome.

S

SilentFoxXy

OK, I thought the box was pinky, but its blueey apparently ;)

Still, it is rather pretty and with a lovely name.

Apparently the drop box is actually the loot. - From other threads.....

When full, it is not pick up-able.

However when a top 3/ top 5/ top 16???(Dont know specifics) damager attempts to pick it up, it files open, spraying the area with gold, and precious gems, along with a 'kinda' trapped box poisoning effect.

When the box has done spraying , it is then grab-able.
And its pretty..;);)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
despise, deceit, hythloth, shame, wrong, covetous.... what am i missing?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I thought the box was pinky, but its blueey apparently

Still, it is rather pretty and with a lovely name.

Apparently the drop box is actually the loot. - From other threads.....

When full, it is not pick up-able.

However when a top 3/ top 5/ top 16???(Dont know specifics) damager attempts to pick it up, it files open, spraying the area with gold, and precious gems, along with a 'kinda' trapped box poisoning effect.

When the box has done spraying , it is then grab-able.
...humm
so everyone can grab it? also if he didnt fight him?
if yes, this suck!

R

RavenWinterHawk

On Atlantic. Ill trade 1 bolt of AOS cloth your choice of the colors I have for 1 new gem. Let me know. As many as you wish.

L

Lord Drakelord

Has anyone seen the stranger since this first spawning in Despise?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm did anyone try an obsidian blade...
Puts name into anagram solver...onyx kim...monky ix...miny kox...oh that last ones too close to a man who overcompensates..hehe.

E

Emil IsTemp

Just dropped one on Pacific.. He has a fire attack that 1 hitted me, and a few other people.. think someone said it dealt about 140 damage. He drains your dex fast too, cuz he was smashing with a staff.

Upon death, he turned yellow for a sec, then turned into a yellow ancient wyrm for a second.. babbled somthing about "this isnt the last you've seen of me!" and exploded into gold and gems. I grabbed the gems, someone got the box already, but heres what some of the gems look like too. (zoom in)

L

Lord Drakelord

Well this morning, I was in between vanguard citys took a quick trip back to despise and found him fighting some archers, had a greater in tow, so recalled out and grabbed a dread and yell for more help in Vent. Had a phone call right at the end from the wife, so I missed the chest looting but got more gems for my chest. Seems there is like seven different rubies, I got a few more of the others but not as near as some folks were able to.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The 16 new gem shapes:

The 3rd one in the 1st row is a ruby. It's a bit orange'ish though. :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need keywords to try quickly before someone else finds it and tries to kill it!

Anyone have anything I can say to it?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inu
Shadowlords

Vanguard

gems

rift

Stygian Abyss??

could try "hello, may I help you?"

call him by name

name of the dungeon

try handing him a glass dagger

try handing him anything

bow to him, salute him

I'll think of more, and I'm sure you thought of all this

somebody try this before whackin' the guy :lol:

B

Beldon

Has he been aggressive at all? No, you have to attack him first before he attacks

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 16 new gem shapes:

The 3rd one in the 1st row is a ruby. It's a bit orange'ish though. :)
Oh Cool I have one of each gem then at least!!

Now to get that box again....

Ori

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inu
Shadowlords

Vanguard

gems

rift

Stygian Abyss??

could try "hello, may I help you?"

call him by name

name of the dungeon

try handing him a glass dagger

try handing him anything

bow to him, salute him

I'll think of more, and I'm sure you thought of all this

somebody try this before whackin' the guy :lol:

I tried a few.

Shadowlords; Astaroth....I forget what else, honestly. Hello. Name, job, etc.

-Galen's player

E

Emil IsTemp

Anyone who sided with Andrew try talking to him? or seeing if he wont attack?

G

Green Destiny

he's currently in despise on Legends if anyone wants to help take him down or talk to him. im the only one there

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried a few.

Shadowlords; Astaroth....I forget what else, honestly. Hello. Name, job, etc.

-Galen's player
Didn't have the dagger, as I'm one of the good guys. No blackrock either.

And he didn't respond to anything I said before we were discovered, but I didn't say anything not on the list of things you said.

He just kept freezing me. It wasn't nice.

Anyhow... on Catskills, GRI (and friends, lots of friends)2, whats-his-name 0.

oh yeah, now I have 3 complete sets of gems, but I didn't get the box. Thing frozed me one step away from my goal. BAH!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you can avoid it melee is not the way to go.
Story of this game.
Actually, the melee fighters did pretty well on Cats yesterday.

Their armor was all but destroyed, but they did very well indeed. And since he's weakest to cold (AFAIK), soul seeker is a great weapon.

But archery is definitely the best way to bring him down. Tamers really need hiryu (he does a ton of fire damage, so cu isn't the best choice) and outstanding cross healing.

And we haven't noticed any issue with pet loyalties either. Everyone wonderfully happy going in, wonderfully happy coming out.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I watched four or five folks take him Myxkion down on Siege about an hour ago. He has already respawned in Despise. *nods*