• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious Stranger found [pictures!]

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Drakelord

Found one bottom of Despise! Watch out with the supers on it!!! Dreads do better as they will remain HAPPY during the battle, Supers will not will go wild if you do not feed feed feed!!!

Pictures coming!

sorry was busy chatting with a returning player that been gone for 8th yrs, working on those pictures now!

Was a big battle, had two supers at first but owners found the pets were turn unhappy very quick and had HIGH concerns about them going wild, Dread horses remained wonderful happy thru the entire LONG battle. I Got a Blue chest and some of the gems, they are different sizes.

Me when I first found it

I called for help!!!

A long battle but in the end we won! No one died except a bonded mare and one bonded dread horse.

My chest and the few gems I was able to grab

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just a battle? no communication? no interaction??

if so, I'm disappointed :(

S

SilentFoxXy

Drops a PINK ' A MAGICAL LOCK CHSET' Apparently empty

And , In Tram at least, a drop rather similar to the Champ spawn, with gold scattering around, AND hundreds of individual gems.

Maybe?? in Fel he drops Scrolls...wouldnt know

As he dies, he area deadly poisons, nothing a bandy wont cure.

Just before death he tries all sorts of weird magic....I did see a ghostly ancient wrym and was filled with awe and fear, but it was just an illusion

Has a Dark Poison special??, and a Whoof effect similar to LIGHT Demons when they died in Mag.

Any idea what the chest is for ??

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, i'm sure that your description of the loot is wrong now, but I can't say anything for sure until I fight one for myself.. don't want to let any secrets out. Anyway, i'd suggest taking a close look at those gems, or letting a rares fan look at them.. you might be suprised.

More importantly, where exactly was this creature located? be as specific as possible.

S

SilentFoxXy

Actually, i'm sure that your description of the loot is wrong now, but I can't say anything for sure until I fight one for myself.. don't want to let any secrets out. Anyway, i'd suggest taking a close look at those gems, or letting a rares fan look at them.. you might be suprised.

More importantly, where exactly was this creature located? be as specific as possible.
Was up from the OL island, thru the Trolls, heading towards the Titan area.

I grabbed a few gems, and they appear to be just that , gems, Amethyst, Citrine etc etc, but.....Im no jeweller

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any rares fan looking at the gems in those shots should understand what I mean.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats with the ambiguity.. might as well just say it ;) some of the gems are larger and of different shape than the normal gems u get.. i didnt happen to get any of the larger diamonds, but if they exist from these drops then the older larger diamonds would cease to be rare

N

Nexia

Here a few more Gems... the first row are the original ones. Below are the Gems from the stranger... The Amber uses the same graphic but reads as "piece of Amber" when moused over.

N

Nexia

The stranger dropped only amber, citrines, ametysts and rubies. I think the diamonds are safe...

S

SilentFoxXy

I humbly apologize, I have just matched up Citrines, and amethysts, and yes, the Stranger drops are @ double the size.

Damn, I only grabbed a few....

BUT- They do drop in some multitude, plenty for everyone

Anyone got an insight as to what the chest does??

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Donno.... Try to put a glass dagger in it? Then some blackrock.... stand back and say some magic words? Just speculating :pancakes:

I humbly apologize, I have just matched up Citrines, and amethysts, and yes, the Stranger drops are @ double the size.

Damn, I only grabbed a few....

BUT- They do drop in some multitude, plenty for everyone

Anyone got an insight as to what the chest does??

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first thing I did with the chest was toss in a Cloak of Corruption and a Thread of Life... nothing happened :)

L

Lord Drakelord

a few notes on the battle

1. supers were very unhappy in this fight leave them home
2. Dreads remained wonderful happy thru the entire battle
3. flame attack from the stranger hurts, in others words if you cannot stand the heat GET out of frying pan!
4. if your pet refuses to come to you use the pet ball to get it out of fire!
5. VET like crazy!
6. mages can cast on it as it was far to busy with all the pets on it to chase one lone mage.

A

Ash

first thing I did with the chest was toss in a Cloak of Corruption and a Thread of Life... nothing happened :)
do you have a Thread of Fate to toss in with those two?

Odds are even if the box does effect the items will still require words to be spoken..

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh. and when the HP gets low they start to chain specials, so be ready.

L

Lord Drakelord

So how strong was it to kill and was their any special loot?
There was no body when it died, we all saw some sort of outline for an AW, then that vanished to be replaced by dropping of gold, gems and the chest.

Some tried to grab the chest but found for some reason they could not pick it up, but I was able to grab it after a few seconds of trying to get it.

As for how hard it was, I can say in one word it was a B!!!!!!!! I did not think we ever get any damage on it at first!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well actually, that's a bit of a fib..... the very first thing I did was put five coins to see if they would magically double :blushing:

okay, Thread of Life, Thread of Fate and Cloak of Corruption, box being secured.... shut box, open, no change..... shut box, turn box, open, no change.....

sooo.... what words, do you suppose? should I drag Inu over to my place and have her scream incoherently at it for a while? :D

G

Green Destiny

able to find another spawn? i checked a couple of the dungeons and nothing so far...

this is on legends

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More advice:
Fire does no damage.
With 115 magery 115 EI, mind blast did more damage than energy bolts.
The guy's only spell is dispell, and he does it VERY well. In other words, summons are useless.
That being said, nature's fury still didn't do much damage.

The best strategy I've come up with is cross healing warriors, the more the merrier. The archers were pretty brilliant as well. Mages are only good for healing the warriors that are too slow to heal themselves.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and now I'm curious about the name, too..... I'm pretty sure the one on Legends was named the same as the one pictured up there from Lake Austin (?)

does the Despise stranger have the same name on every shard?

L

Lord Drakelord

More advice:
Fire does no damage.
The guy's only spell is dispell, and he does it VERY well. In other words, summons are useless.

The best strategy I've come up with is cross healing warriors, the more the merrier. The archers were pretty brilliant as well. Mages are only good for healing the warriors that are too slow to heal themselves.
we had one mage casting mind blast like crazy on it, and he also summon earths to attack, with the stranger busy with the pets on it the earth was able to get hits in before it died from the flames around it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Non-hostile.

2. The fire fields, however, DO damage you.

3. No Karma loss

4. No Karma gain.

-Galen's player

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted info on the looting on the rares forum, for anyone interested.

Y

Yalp

We just finished ours on Baja. Named the same, same dragon armor, same box, jewls and gold at the end.. no body.

I started with my greater dragon too..found the same tendancies to get very unhappy very quickly. Switched to Cu's.. pups didn't get unhappy but also didn't do much damage at all. Infact lost health so fast I had to pull em out. Got dread warhorse and coupled with regular nightmare. War horse did well 35-40 per hit, nigthmare 5-10. Went through close to 500 aids.. so bring alot. Switched to dread/fire steed. This was best combo for me.. fire steed did 20 or so per hit. Got a Word of Death on him.. did 450 damage and he hit me back with some fire ball from hell.. did close to 100 damage.

We had at least 4 dread horses, fire steed, 2 mages and a couple dexers in there. Took us not too long once everyone was there.

No special artie drop in the pack. Location Despise, tram kinda west of the orge lord island.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

can't lore or bard him.. even being legendary.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long does he take to respawn once he is dead? Anyone try the armageddon spell on the pink box? Anyone try using a glass dagger on him?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long does he take to respawn once he is dead? Anyone try the armageddon spell on the pink box? Anyone try using a glass dagger on him?

on Legends he was already engaged, and because he's red it's probably kinda pointless, but maybe someone could attempt talking to him before he attacks? was just kinda hoping for a little bit of story with this part of it, y'know?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More advice:
Fire does no damage.

we had one mage casting mind blast like crazy on it, and he also summon earths to attack, with the stranger busy with the pets on it the earth was able to get hits in before it died from the flames around it.
Are you on Cats? That sounds an awful lot like what I just did (I was the mage in that scenario).

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
I saw this message during the battle:

Everything around you dissolves into darkness
as Myxkion's burning eyes fill your vision

:eyes:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*sighs*

Sounds like I'll be missing out on yet another event..... stuck at work..... I swear these things only happen when I'm working and on call... such is the way of life I suppose..... I guess it's not meant to be..... well.... from the sounds of it was really pretty neat...

*returns to work*

L

Lord Drakelord

More advice:
Fire does no damage.

Are you on Cats? That sounds an awful lot like what I just did (I was the mage in that scenario).
Nope Sonoma!

M

meridus

Watched a battle on Pacific for about 35 minutes. Many deaths and the stranger still lived. Although, he was down to about 30% health when I left.

He had the ability to auto teleport and target. Lots of immediate dispel. A couple of dismounts, and ate a Greater Dragon in under 7 seconds. (I'm not kidding, it was more like 5.) The message "Terror slices into your very being..." led to me being frozen on the screen for several seconds. He could not be lored.

In the end it looked like this.

B

Beldon

Pacific one was defeated. A little bit of gold lots of gems, and a blue magical lockbox with nothing in it. I was meleeing it with an all 70 resist suit takeing 110-120 near the end. When he cursed me he was doing around 140 damage a hit. So if you can avoid it melee is not the way to go.

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have checked Atlantic for the last 2 hours....no sign of it yet, unless it was defeated earlier and nobody has said anything about it yet.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found it on GL and killed it right after found it, got a nice box to.

L

Lord Drakelord

able to find another spawn? i checked a couple of the dungeons and nothing so far...

this is on legends

well I went around and around looking, almost had my butt handed to me a few places, but no stranger to be seen. Maybe there is a spawning time, much like the VGs? Not sure what to expect, except to keep looking and maybe get lucky like I did today.