• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] My new template.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also wrking on a ring that will give me 10 more ssi just to push me over the top for faster use of a whirlwind axe to use on mobs. Never really played around with a focus attack dexxer like this though and it's very intriguing to me. I've only really messed with a pvp focus attack archer which I used to love.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on your stats. Are you set up in such a way that 50% EP str and agi pots keep you in the right windows for swing times and HP?
And im pretty sure i will be initially attemptung this while still in vamp form using mirror images and swapping out between focus attack and armor ignore. As i sit, my sampire rarely goes below full health on most mobs because i use ww and bushido evasion to deter spell damage on me. Most big bosses i can tank no problem. Im hoping the mirror images and changing ai up with focus attack might give me an edge on the harder bosses. Id like to solo slasher and some others.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
With 70 DCI you'll dodge hits, which doesn't help you divert attacks to Images, as the hit needs to be one that would have landed.

That said, I don't think you'd miss Resist as unflagged monsters aren't casting on you.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 70 DCI you'll dodge hits, which doesn't help you divert attacks to Images, as the hit needs to be one that would have landed.

That said, I don't think you'd miss Resist as unflagged monsters aren't casting on you.
Awesome thanks. I agree, was hoping for maybe someone else to think so to so I could feel a little more comfortable in spending all that time to 120 ninjitsu again. I already use it on a few toons but they aren't set up to do what my sampire does. I'm thinking at most I might have to remake some weapons and put, "balanced" on them so that I can pot chug. With my current sampire set up I just push a few buttons and maybe occasionally switch weapons for whirlwind or maybe a different slayer type. Like you said, around 3-4 out of 10 on level of fun for play. I think this will take it to a different notch. I'll post in this thread if anyone is interested in my progress.....

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wasn't reforged, just Imbued, the Hit properties are all doubled when using Focus Attack.
I was referring to the Equisite Axe, Reforged Minor ? I know I can imbue hll and hml up to 81, but void orbs aren't exactly fully stocked on Siege, so I"m assuming one reforge's to get at least one of those, and then imbue the others. I"m still somewhat of an imbue newb.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive mostly done the sampire thing for the last few years but was at work a few weeks ago and decided to give this template a go. I will say that this has brought some fun back to my game! I would like to see what type of mods are on your armor. I made a basic gm imbued set to mess around with but now I am willing to make a major upgrade on gear.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in other words ..powerful ... exquisite of quality..4 uses per..
Shadow runic.... you will get a 100% elemental damage weapon every 20-25 attempts approx. ( So ya 80-100 uses)

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Skills
Swords 100 (120 with Captain John's Hat)
Tactics 110 (120 with Soldier's Medal)
Ninjitsu 120
Anatomy 120
Healing 80
Chivalry 90
LJ 100

Stats:
Str 124
Dex 121
Int 10

God, tell me, why LJ in your template (that is still lumberjacking isn't it?) In a later post you said you were dropping LJ for another skill. Did you do that, and with which other skill did you replace it? I am always so impressed with all your templates. Thanks for posting...of course I suck at most of them but I find working up new characters is lots of fun!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thanks.

Yeah LJ is Lumberjacking. No, I ended up rebuilding the character for a completely different purpose.

It's not an easy template to play, but I like templates you have lots of things to be doing, the best (or worst, depending how you look at it) I ever had in that regard was the Mystic/Macer, probably the busiest template I've played bandaging/trap box/Chiv/Enchanting Weapon/Healing Stone/Cleansing Wind/Spell Trigger/Refreshing Healing Stone and Spell Trigger stones when used/Colossus/Str & Dex pots and possibly some more, a long slow grind fight against Slasher.

By contrast the easiest (to stay alive with) template for low player skill that I've found (I don't include Tamers because most low player skill Tamers have terrible control and die constantly along with their pets) was a Swords/Thrower/sampire. Whirlwind with the Talwar and if things hit too hard you have Throwing. It's easier than a full sampire as being ranged eliminates a lot of risk in certain fights.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I doubt it. The best swing you get in Stone Form would be with a Diamond Mace, and it's about 40 minutes depending on what you do. You have to factor in, being frozen while casting anything, and being mana drained.

I've done it in 20 minutes on a Wraith Thrower, spamming AI non stop for 273 max hit.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see where you have explained what LJ is primarily used for in this template. Do you mind explaining in a little bit of detail please?

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a sampire with 120 bushido, tactics, swords, and resist. 99 necro, 81 chiv and 60 parry. Template is epic. How well do you think it would work to just replace my 120 resist with 120 ninja?
So far so good guys! Navrey was no problem. Occasionally she would web me but my mirror images usually did their work. There were a few times that while webbed, I would have been hit but my 70% real DCI from polishes did it's job. Staying in vamp form allows me to leech a lot of life/mana from Navrey from AI on my hatchet. I will say for sure that this template still requires you to constantly summon mirror image. Can't stress that enough! Mirror image is still your primay defense. I rarely dropped below 150/150 hp and had a LOT of fun! I was literally laughing and taking screen shots most of the time. If anyone has any questions about the suit, template or weapon used just let me know and I will be glad to answer! Navrey.png Navrey.png Navrey 2.png

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There's a trick to break her webbing so that you wouldn't need to waste time/mana casting the images, with the trick you're only webbed for 1.5s, so she can only hit you at most 1 or 2 times.

Even with only 35 DCI (I refined for all 75s as Elf) she doesn't hit that often. If you don't use images, then you can ride an armored swamp dragon (20% damage reduction).

You might also like to try using a 100% HLL weapon, and stone off the 99 necro, drop resist to 119 and then run 100 anat for bunch more damage per hit. You'll should have no problem keeping up with leeching enough mana and HP in this case. <Note: as always, when the RNG decides to F you, you will promptly, and without mitigation, become F'd>

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I can't see where you have explained what LJ is primarily used for in this template. Do you mind explaining in a little bit of detail please?
Oh sorry, thought that was just a given, LJ gives a damage bonus when using axes. Not sure what the exact formula is these days or if it's changed (wouldn't be surprised as they've made a lot of old school pure - meaning axers in this case, not the ninja - templates have a little boost of some kind) but think it used to be about 10% DI not under any cap, not huge but a) wanted to try it out, and b) wanted to see if I could gain LJ from fighting (you can).

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There's a trick to break her webbing so that you wouldn't need to waste time/mana casting the images, with the trick you're only webbed for 1.5s, so she can only hit you at most 1 or 2 times.

Even with only 35 DCI (I refined for all 75s as Elf) she doesn't hit that often. If you don't use images, then you can ride an armored swamp dragon (20% damage reduction).
Prevention > cure.

You might also like to try using a 100% HLL weapon, and stone off the 99 necro, drop resist to 119 and then run 100 anat for bunch more damage per hit. You'll should have no problem keeping up with leeching enough mana and HP in this case. <Note: as always, when the RNG decides to F you, you will promptly, and without mitigation, become F'd>
You won't be f'd with Images, it's kind of the whole point, you don't need to worry about leeching enough HP... I bet you could do this just in Dog Form just from regen with Images, with 0 life leech of any kind. If anything it's even lazier than playing a sampire.

Though just to be clear, this template and whole thread isn't about anything new, it's just about making players aware there's more than one way to do things (which seems to get forgotten every 2-3 months and the forum full of the same ol' sampire questions) and on certain things this template has it easier. Before I first made Slasher soloing templates when SA came out, I tested all it's attacks with a Ninja/Mage, because it's so easy to stay alive on a Ninja. Although a lot of it comes down to the suit, mine wasn't particularly good, just good enough. If doing it again I'd probably not have the LJ and have a Vamp or Wraith setup.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prevention > cure.

You won't be f'd with Images, it's kind of the whole point, you don't need to worry about leeching enough HP... I bet you could do this just in Dog Form just from regen with Images, with 0 life leech of any kind. If anything it's even lazier than playing a sampire.

Though just to be clear, this template and whole thread isn't about anything new, it's just about making players aware there's more than one way to do things (which seems to get forgotten every 2-3 months and the forum full of the same ol' sampire questions) and on certain things this template has it easier. Before I first made Slasher soloing templates when SA came out, I tested all it's attacks with a Ninja/Mage, because it's so easy to stay alive on a Ninja. Although a lot of it comes down to the suit, mine wasn't particularly good, just good enough. If doing it again I'd probably not have the LJ and have a Vamp or Wraith setup.
I tried this setup on Navrey here on Siege. Of course I don't have the luxury of a state of the art suit due to our *cough riskvsreward cough*..system. And Navrey ate my freakin lunch...she wipes up my images too fast and I pretty much stay poisoned. At one point i noticed 3 images were up but she was hitting me so much I had no stam left (no hsl just l and m). Anyway, still having fun with it.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh sorry, thought that was just a given, LJ gives a damage bonus when using axes. Not sure what the exact formula is these days or if it's changed (wouldn't be surprised as they've made a lot of old school pure - meaning axers in this case, not the ninja - templates have a little boost of some kind) but think it used to be about 10% DI not under any cap, not huge but a) wanted to try it out, and b) wanted to see if I could gain LJ from fighting (you can).
Okay, I knew that about the damage bonus. Just thought there was some kind of area damage bonus with LJ as well judging from the way I read your post. Something I didn't know about. Thank you. I'm currently working a hybrid cross between your template and my sampire template that I stated above. So far it works great and I love it. Not quite finished with the suit though and when It's all complete I'm planning on creating my own thread while referencing your thread here.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Neither, it's in reference to what I quoted, regarding not being able to ride a Swamp Dragon. (Which btw you can, you just have to jump off first, then you can have both effects if you want.) To my mind being hit 100% of the time (not literally, but 100% being 'the normal amount you would get hit anyway') for 20% less damage each time with a Swamp Dragon is not better than not getting hit at all 90% of the time with Mirror Images.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Neither, it's in reference to what I quoted, regarding not being able to ride a Swamp Dragon. (Which btw you can, you just have to jump off first, then you can have both effects if you want.) To my mind being hit 100% of the time (not literally, but 100% being 'the normal amount you would get hit anyway') for 20% less damage each time with a Swamp Dragon is not better than not getting hit at all 90% of the time with Mirror Images.
Okay, I thought you were mentioning to Tuan how to help with webbing, ie "the trick". Sorry for any confusion. This template you made is awesome and a complete blast to use. Seems like most people's comments on how to tweek it in order to "do better" are basically turning the template back into a sampire.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I tried this setup on Navrey here on Siege. Of course I don't have the luxury of a state of the art suit due to our *cough riskvsreward cough*..system. And Navrey ate my freakin lunch...she wipes up my images too fast and I pretty much stay poisoned. At one point i noticed 3 images were up but she was hitting me so much I had no stam left (no hsl just l and m). Anyway, still having fun with it.
Not really sure why you'd be constantly Poisoned, 4s for a bandage to heal you, or drink a cure potion. One thing (I don't know if it's common knowledge) but you need to be within 5 tiles of your Images to divert attacks (a restriction I don't think monsters are subject to, like having to stop to cast spells and being interrupted). You should be able to easily stand (even with no weapon equipped) doing nothing but spamming Images and Healing against pretty much everything in the game that doesn't have an aura, if you can't then you're either hitting attack last in a macro somewhere or using some damage over time effect (poison ticks, bleed ticks, hit spell) that's causing things to reflag on you quicker than they need to. Another test you could do is stand in the middle of first level arachnid spawn with no weapon just spam Images and heal, no matter how many you get on you there should only ever be a maximum of 9 things (if you stand on top of one) within melee range which Images should be able to cope with, do it in Cat/Dog Form for added health.

Even if you're not swinging at the cap using a slow heavy hitting weapon is better than hitting fast on this template. You're basically auto defending the enemy to death. Navrey is a monster with counter attacks so slower heavy damage is better than weaker fast damage.

Images would be ideal on Siege imo.

Last edited:

Han Telemnar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This thread gave me some new ideas to take 120 ninj out of storage. I am going to play with some things not using LJ, transferring those skills into real 120 for swords, tactics, anatomy, healing, ninj, and chiv. I'm going to try using single handed swords and pots for emergencies. Still unclear on some things regarding DCI. I'll post some updates on what I find out.

Anyone see any issues or have tips on my test template listed above? Keep in mind, I am going to start with 120 in each skill. Only skills I would take points from will probably be healing and chiv.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The new Tiger Form mastery has some added perks, Bleed on every hit, mount speed, I think it gives either HCI or DCI a boost too but best of all occasionally you'll *evade* just like the Bushido spell. Bleed every hit combined with Images is obviously not a workable combination but still some applications... Blood drinker springs to mind.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm. I may have to test out a ninja warrior soon. Debating between it or spellweaving right now

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried this out and wow, Ninjitsu is amazing in PvM.... I had no idea how much so.

Training on the other hand sucks hard.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Nothing to do with the original post or template... but here is my semi-nearly-almost-built (meaning hardly any macros/armour not enhanced or refined, and no pots) PvP Ninja killing a Fencer Captain in Dog Form trying to get that Epaulettes of Power for a few extra stats. I can mostly just spam Images, with occasionally popping out to re-cast EoO. I have another weapon with 1 FC I was switching between. It also has 100 RPD. Did the Archer before this too. Ninja Vs Cap.jpg

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nice template - what's the purpose of the Parrying? Are you carrying a shield and not bothering with Focus Attack?

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...and as I can't seem to edit my post, how do you find the poison immunity from 80 nox in comparison to VE?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
...and as I can't seem to edit my post, how do you find the poison immunity from 80 nox in comparison to VE?
Yeah I'm carrying a shield most of the time.

Poison immunity is fantastic at 80, I also have another character (a dragoon) using 65 Poisoning from spare points and I would say it is just as effective as VE without the other penalties.

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm carrying a shield most of the time.

Poison immunity is fantastic at 80, I also have another character (a dragoon) using 65 Poisoning from spare points and I would say it is just as effective as VE without the other penalties.
what ninja spells You use in pvp?

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

In animal form you can use wand charges - lighting, fireball, etc. and you can also toss out some poisonous darts and shurikens.

Be blessed,
Spellbreaker

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a scale of 1 to 10 (comparing I guess to a sampire) how fun would you rate this template? Most of us don't run odd templates like this but I am intrigued as an alternate to running my samp all the time to trying something like this. What pros and cons would you give this temp?
I run a variant template like this on LS and it's awesome. Still have the same results. Not quite as high damage output as a Sampire but better survivability in my opinion. Be prepared to spam the ever loving **** off Mirror Images at times. Once you get the boss into the rhythm of losing aggro, you're set. From there you can start using your special moves more frequently. Some bosses won't allow you to come out of certain animal forms. Be prepared to die a few times when you first try a new boss out with the template as you'll have to figure out what approach is most suitable for that particular encounter. Overall, it's another button masher. Up side, you'll be laughing a lot.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be prepared to spam the ever loving **** off Mirror Images at times.
Whomever the left wing liberal pansy was who's feelings were hurt by the now edited word substitute for a female's baby feeders...... Touche' for reporting it...... Touche'.... (I'm also going to assume you don't know the definition of the word, "touche'" and can only exect you to report it for hurting your fragile feelings as well.)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's spelled "touché"...."touché"!
...you hurt my French feelings! :p

But to get back on topic would you like to share your variant of the ninja template? I am looking for more variants and people's experiences to see which one best translates to Siege Perilous.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
But to get back on topic would you like to share your variant of the ninja template? I am looking for more variants and people's experiences to see which one best translates to Siege Perilous.
I'd say it depends on the overall goal. I'm not overly familiar with Siege anymore having only dabbled a few times over the years. I would imagine (guess) that you want to be able to defend PvP attacks more than focusing on PvM, typically if you build a PvP character they work for PvM anyway though.

I'd imagine bandages and pots are essential. Which makes the Dex requirement essential. Which should mean you're looking at 150 Stam as a minimum, I think Mace Fighting is the best option at that stamina bracket.

120 Mace, 120 Tact, 120 Anat, 120 Healing, 120 Ninjitsu, then either Chivalry if you want it more PvP based or Chivalry if you want it more PvM based. If you were just doing PvP and spawns I'd go with Resist.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried the blackthorn fencer with 120 swords, 120 ninjitsu, 100 ana, 100 tac, 100 healing, 100 hiding, 80 stealth
I know I should replace hiding and stealth with bushido, chiv etc. but since the blackthorn dungeon is one of the spots PKs typically check I'd like to increase my chances of getting away and saving my suit which has some hard to replace items in it.
I could stand there without too much trouble keeping mirror images up and healing if necessary. Didn't even have to use potions and switched back and forth between a double axe and a radiant scimitar (radiant if my stamina was getting too low). So survivability was alright, the problem was of course dealing damage.
Guess I'll have to replace hiding and stealth after all...

Santos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to revive this thread and get some opinions. I LOVE playing the ninja. I currently am working this template:

100 Swords + Captain John's hat (120)
110 Tactics + Soldiers Medal (120)
120 Ninjitsu
100 Anatomy/Hiding
90 Healing/Stealth + Royal Guard Investigator/Cloak of Silence (120)
120 Resist
80 Chivalry

I use anatomy/healing for PvM and swap to hiding/stealth for poking around spawns. I am thinking of getting rid of resist but I can't for the life of me figure out what I want. I'm tempted to go 100 LJ and then Chiv 100 to maximize damage. Thoughts?