• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My first UO suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor_Graham

It's clearly stated in the rules that you can't post websites in UO other than guild sites. He broke that rule plain and simple and got a 24 hour ban. Now he comes here and makes a post to get sympathy because he can't play for 24 hours.

Big deal.

Oh, and the FoF is not "in game", and clearly posts community related news on a regular basis. Calling it hypocrisy is incorrect.

C

Corrupted Goblin

It's clearly stated in the rules that you can't post websites in UO other than guild sites. He broke that rule plain and simple and got a 24 hour ban. Now he comes here and makes a post to get sympathy because he can't play for 24 hours.

Big deal.

Oh, and the FoF is not "in game", and clearly posts community related news on a regular basis. Calling it hypocrisy is incorrect.

Beleive me you do not want to TROLL me. I will flame you so bad it will make you cry to mommy for a month and never return to UO. Go hide in some HOLE.

It is Hypocracy when they say do as i say not as i do. when and EA EMPLOYEE advertises a website, said website should be allowed to be advertised in game. plain and simple. Now you want to Troll some more so i can flame you or you think you can keep that VERY LARGE mouth shut? please feel free to do the ladder ive been working on getting you suspended for a while now. it will happen just keep on trolling.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
JC, I'm sorry you got banned. A simple warning and mark should have sufficed since you corrected it on the spot.

I'm sure or at least hopeful that other great sites like whispering rose radio do not offer their url in game if they sell for cash too. It's not a popularity contest, if one cannot then no one can.

But again, if a change is made immediately then why not just a warning? If someone is brazen enough to change it back then spank em. I always tell my grandbaby when she throws her binky, "first time is an accident, second time is on purpose."

Here is the thing that does not sit well with me, ever since another radio station got started.....

When someone sets up a website and a plan to better the community it should be said straight up, "I need money, send it here." I realize the time and resources it takes to get these awesome sites up and running but to get to the point where you must rely on players supporting it financially through selling game items or gold to keep it going? Doesn't sit well with me, never has.

The forethought should be there that if successful and and used it will be expected to be there as long as the game is around. Plan for it, be upfront from the beginning what you need, how much it will cost and be specific. I wont buy items for that very reason but if you tell me I need x amount of dollars to pay for the site this year? I'm more inclined to be helpful.

H

Harb

Lets try and keep these events separate. You are only going to end up confusing people.
Couldn't agree more, and I remain beside you on the issue of the suspension. As in my first repsonse, and to Connor's point, it's over in 6 hours. Standing by on the other thread :)

A

Ashyn

Beleive me you do not want to TROLL me. I will flame you so bad it will make you cry to mommy for a month and never return to UO. Go hide in some HOLE.

It is Hypocracy when they say do as i say not as i do. when and EA EMPLOYEE advertises a website, said website should be allowed to be advertised in game. plain and simple. Now you want to Troll some more so i can flame you or you think you can keep that VERY LARGE mouth shut? please feel free to do the ladder ive been working on getting you suspended for a while now. it will happen just keep on trolling.
Ladder? Conner, are you doing ladders now?

LMAO!

C

Connor_Graham

Uh, who's trolling? A glance in the mirror for you is in order here. Was I supposed to be intimidated by this cyber threat?

It is Hypocracy when they say do as i say not as i do. when and EA EMPLOYEE advertises a website, said website should be allowed to be advertised in game.
When the "advertising" occurs outside of the game, it in no way changes the rules of a player "advertising" it within the game. Posts on the FoF are obviously outside of the game, and put there as a community service. In no way does it break any of their own rules. Your personal interpretation of what "should be" notwithstanding.

Now you want to Troll some more so i can flame you or you think you can keep that VERY LARGE mouth shut?
I'm actually typing, not talking, so my mouth was never open. Besides that, you've never met me, so have no idea what my mouth looks like. So, once again, was I supposed to be intimidated by this cyber threat?

please feel free to do the ladder ive been working on getting you suspended for a while now. it will happen just keep on trolling.
Uh yeah.....whatever. Obviously I mean more to you than you do to me, because I don't even recognize your SN.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the GM's should ban the right people and not people posting links which are completly harmless. I think a verbal warning should be ok for this violation of the rules.

A

Amathist of PoC

I'm going to explain this very simply. If they did ban for the guild url, they would have to ban most entire guilds that add their URL as part of the guild url option. Check uo.com to see many many guilds that have their URL listed because it is an option but in by the game itself! That would be like banning people for smelting weapons or killing monsters.

Also the exact terms of the URL rule are:

"You will not post the web site address (URL) to any sites which contain sexual material, content which could harm or disrupt another user’s personal network and computer, or content which violates the Electronic Arts Terms of Service.

The rule that is being broken here is:

"With the exception of the sale of in-game items for in-game items or services, you may not market, promote or advertise anything, or make any other form of solicitation (including pyramid schemes and chain letters) through the Ultima Online service or Ultima Online web site."

My biggest problem with EA's rules enforcement is that they barely enforce them, and usually you have to **** off a GM or player before they bother to enforce their policies. Take the naming policy for example.

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1760

Apparently Exodus and Mondain aren't allowed, but my shard has a few of them. I've seen vulgar names and third party trademark names. I'm betting these aren't going to be touched unless a GM is bored.

I agree that having a site that sells items or gold for money or a site that has hacks or exploits in your profile is against the ToS...that is pretty clear.

I think perhaps a 24 hour ban for a 1st offense without even a warning is a bit harsh.

And I just hope your logic about the guild URL's is correct because I feel the same way but am still not game enough to give out my guild site incase I get banned. I am hoping EA Mythic will in some way tell us for certain it is okay or not okay just so there is no mistake or debate.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Personal attacks are not welcome here on the Hall or any Stratics forum. Advertising in game is a violation, it has been dealt with in game. There is little use in debating that policy here. I do not believe Mythic Entertainment is considering a reversal of this policy.

That being said, I am pretty sure we are done here. I would hate to see folks get in trouble. *nods*

Status
Not open for further replies.