• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MVP guild

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sir Achilles

If you happen to loot something from the guild MVP, be sure to keep it. Fatstick looted a Conjurer's Garb from a guildy (Amber Snow) (she had just made a new suit and forgot to insure the garb) and kept it...just an FYI!

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I know many guilds out there enjoy taking advantage of the 'fel ruleset' when they play in Fel. It's very strange to me this whole, 'give the gear/items back' philosophy that has permeated Chessy in the 5 years I've been gone-- as if keeping the items you've looted somehow makes you less of a person or something.

I'm a terribad pvp'er (I am normally relegated to other roles when we get raided at spawns), and if I was lucky enough to kill someone and find some loot upon them, I am not so sure I'd be willing to give back anything, no matter how good or poor the item.

Were I careless enough not to insure my own items, I would fully expect (and quite probably insist) the party involved take whatever was on my corpse, as he won it fair and square. It's a lesson most people only have to learn one time during the course of their UO career.

I guess, though, that it's a topic for another day.

H

HyperActif

Yeah, we pretty much support the ruleset as it stands. We leave it up to the individual whether to negotiate for returning items. We certainly don't have a policy requiring item return.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Also, I sorta find it silly to 'punish' an entire guild because of one persons actions. Every family has a 'crazy uncle'.

*shrug*

V

Vortimer

Friends and people I like will always get stuff returned to them.

If your a moron then you better starting looking at vendors.

Good thing I like almost everyone. :D

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my rule as always if u act right u get ur stuff back. u act like a jerk ill smelt or cut ur stuff up and give yah the ingots/leather.

L

longshanks

Guildmates of mine were at the gate last nite around 8:30 est saw com and tb fighting together. might have been a coincidence but thats what it was at that time.

returning of items imho is a case by case basis. I'll say right now uhoh has been standup in returning some stuff in the past that was dropped by my guildmates. I would do the same for them.

Some guilds you just know won't return it. in past i've found foa to be like that. Guess you can add MVP to the list. Given the low brand of intelligent foul trash talk that they use in the field and global chat, I can easily believe that would be the case with them.

It's also funny that the past 4-5 nights FY and Uhoh been fighting in despise from around 10:30 onwards. We never see any Com come down. I guess the risk of stat loss is a bad thing in their world.

R

Ransom_of_BiC

I stand by my original statement that playing within the fel ruleset does not automatically make one an auto-******. In my opinion it's all part of the risk vs reward scenario. I will agree that stuff that drops due to bugs or glitches should be returned, but other than that...

Maybe BiC is the last guild standing that feels this way-- who knows.

H

Helter Skelter

Um, no. I find you annoying, and you've yet to say 'hi' to me in vent.
Hell I was lucky to log into vent the other day. Now I have to dig through my garage and find a microphone to plug in. Maybe I have an old karaoke mic I can duct tape to my monitor. Won't that look "choice"?

-Sirk!

S

Sir Achilles

It's also funny that the past 4-5 nights FY and Uhoh been fighting in despise from around 10:30 onwards. We never see any Com come down. I guess the risk of stat loss is a bad thing in their world.

MVP doesn't come down to despise because they only run with, at the most, one mage, they know they can't compete because 90% of the guild plays archers of some variety and archers are of very limited value in a choke. I noticed that they have been mass recruiting though so maybe they can get a few mages, I was also surprised to see them recruit dumbledore, I guess they have no standards or they needed some meat shields.

Dumbledore makes your 2nd mage! Congrats!!!

L

longshanks

Fy raided Oath/Com at Ice east this morning. Took the coon and got a 120 tactics, bushido and a 115 mage.

Oh and a dead Bam Bam too. :gee:

Thats' the definition of a good morning. :lol:

R

Ransom_of_BiC

MVP doesn't come down to despise because they only run with, at the most, one mage, they know they can't compete because 90% of the guild plays archers of some variety and archers are of very limited value in a choke. I noticed that they have been mass recruiting though so maybe they can get a few mages, I was also surprised to see them recruit dumbledore, I guess they have no standards or they needed some meat shields.

Dumbledore makes your 2nd mage! Congrats!!!
LOL. I take it Dumbledore is not a friend of yours?

R

Ransom_of_BiC

Oh and a dead Bam Bam too.
I bet I've put him on my ignore list 5 times already and he always pops back off. I'm sure he's a nice person and all, but his constant spam of the general channel with his macros is annoying.

S

Sir Achilles

LOL. I take it Dumbledore is not a friend of yours?
Dumbledore used to run with Miakado and Gank Squad, he is nothing more than guard zone hugging gate trash....Now that he's in factions I'm willing to bet we won't see him out unless the entire guild is with him :loser:

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dumbledore used to run with Miakado and Gank Squad, he is nothing more than guard zone hugging gate trash....Now that he's in factions I'm willing to bet we won't see him out unless the entire guild is with him :loser:
I hate to put dumbledore down, but I see him being permanently in stat loss. It is nice to see a mage player tho and not another tamer gimp/ dexxer who has more mana then my mages. I just don't know who is gonna cross heal him. However MVP/Oath rules yew gate...so congrats to controlling a useless area with no benefit to your guild.

Thank you to the oath who did the hard work at ice east this morning i needed a 120 bush

The CIA guild specifically ryuk/mizz carrie rae has made it clear that if FY drops anything we will not get it back. So when his buddy dropped his bows last night they went into my loot bag to collect dust until i decide to throw them away. Shouldn't be hard to replace them however.

Thanks for all the good fights last few days, hope to see some com in despise soon, uhoh is fun to fight but variety is always nice.
:thumbup1:

C

Chronic Apathy

I know for sure COM does DSP. But ya'll are definitely right there is a major shortage of mages in COM. Ironic how COM is the Council of Mages faction

If I ever happen to kill one of you "professionals" I will give the item back to you if ya ask. (Unless you give me a reason not to)

I wonder why people will come in and call another person all kinds of mothers and such then want the same person to come and fight them on there terms.

A couple days ago I was sitting in yew talking to someone and we were minding our own business while Yew was completely void of action. And the completely upstanding individuals in TB pop in and call us some less than steller things. Anyway I don't think people living in a glass house should be throwing rocks.

Anyway thanks to everyone for some great fights and fun. Live or Die always a good time.

S

Sir Achilles

However MVP/Oath rules yew gate...so congrats to controlling a useless area with no benefit to your guild.
The funny part about it is they don't own the gate, we went to the gate after raiding a despise and killing the coon last night, COM was there and they had several, probably close to the numbers that we had (5-6), we killed one of them and the rest went into a house except BamBam and he ran away to unflag.....too funny!

Also, I love how Taka joins whatever faction is the flavor of the month, this month it's COM, what's next? TB? Keep playing your stealth archer as your main Taka, you'll always be good in your eyes....

R

Ransom_of_BiC

The funny part about it is they don't own the gate, we went to the gate after raiding a despise and killing the coon last night, COM was there and they had several, probably close to the numbers that we had (5-6), we killed one of them and the rest went into a house except BamBam and he ran away to unflag.....too funny!

Also, I love how Taka joins whatever faction is the flavor of the month, this month it's COM, what's next? TB? Keep playing your stealth archer as your main Taka, you'll always be good in your eyes....

In all my time on UO Stratics, I have only ever seen *ONE* UO mod that talked so much smack about other players. Your cajones are large, my friend.

L

longshanks

he's a good mod, ransom. One of the few guys in this game that post on stratics with the same name as his red. he's a fair opponent in the field as well which says alot when considering what runs around in fel these days.

C

Chronic Apathy

we went to the gate after raiding a despise and killing the coon last night, COM was there and they had several, probably close to the numbers that we had (5-6),
LOL well as I recall there were 3 of us killing some SL peeps in a house when your buddy ran over we took chase and ran into a large amount of ya's. I was killed Taka prob ran and hid and Bambam ran to unflag or something. I believe Bambam went and summoned the guards in the town.

You always set a good example... You guys are the best..... With your upstanding game play, Always curtious and willing to help players do better. (sarcasm)

There is no question ya'll work very well together and have a nice mixture of templates. So nice work owning the gate. You must be double jointed able to always pat yourself on the back.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know for sure COM does DSP
Well i'd like to know when lol I havn't seen any com anywhere other then yew gate for awhile now. I have decided to boycott yew gate, it's pretty lame fights and is always 90 bloos and 2 reds or w/e and i end up in a house which i hate. Im gonna think about a new spot to fight, a spot with no guards and such and ill be there whenever hoping someone comes to find me. Hopfully we can shift away from yew gate so that the reds can actually use half of there abilities without worrying about getting guard wacked 3 screens away from the gate. Any suggestions for a new spot... obviously despise would be good, but its a pain when you can't pop the thing. Also im wondering why ojs are helping ojs. This boggles my mind cause to me oj always was more important then any red, yet i see tbs and coms working together and not attacking each other. Seems very odd to me, but then again i helped an sl kill some tbs on atlantic yesterday so i guess sometimes there is a reason. I just never see these particular ojs attack each other and its confusing to me. I'm considering joining factions again but the downside seems to outweigh the benefits to me. A few extra mods on armor that I don't need and the ability to stat someone just doesnt make it worthwhile imo. I want to keep the fight going not stop it for 20 mins.
Anyways suggestions for a new fighting spot are more then welcome, yew gate is done for me :D

S

Silver Shadow

I want a 1v1 duel towards turles. No pets. Ill play my mage if he seems more satisfied. I am indeed with MvP. MvP has casters. Most of the time they are not needed. I love how people get extremely irritated because we are overloaded with dexxers. If it works, then why change? I used to be with FY but i joined 41 and MvP due to my r/l friend running one of the guilds. I enjoy fightin TB. I really could care less for SL, being they always stealth dismount and run to the house when they get 2 shotted. FY always seems to put up a fight over and over. They are good people.

T

Turles

ok how much we placing on the duel? ill get the broker once the amount is chosen also ill get the reporter to be there to take pictures an report about the epic ass beating im going to lay on you. look forward to hearing the price an the time we can work out.

S

Silver Shadow

ok how much we placing on the duel? ill get the broker once the amount is chosen also ill get the reporter to be there to take pictures an report about the epic ass beating im going to lay on you. look forward to hearing the price an the time we can work out.
50 MIL sound about right? Maybe this time you can leave your 20 friends alone in despise to take "your precious" time to come duel me. Go Ahead and get the broker ready. How does Saturday night at 10:30 Central sound? I'll be on tonight but i know that TB does not log on until later hours. Epic ass beating? ROFL. right...Coming from the person that hides at the gate and waits for the right moment to dismount and call in the rest of the hounds to gank.

Turles minus 10 buddies and orc brutes= "EPIC" GARBAGE

I got madd respect for Lox tho. Hes a good caster. Thanks for the duel.

T

Turles

ill look into the broker for saturday 50mil is fine ill also make sure to bring the reporter bag up the gold. kids get ready to watch me school another kid that forgot who i am since i went away for a while.

S

Silver Shadow

ill look into the broker for saturday 50mil is fine ill also make sure to bring the reporter bag up the gold. kids get ready to watch me school another kid that forgot who i am since i went away for a while.
Whos the reporter? Christina ? rofl...you gonna change his/her diaper while she reports?

S

Silver Shadow

If you happen to loot something from the guild MVP, be sure to keep it. Fatstick looted a Conjurer's Garb from a guildy (Amber Snow) (she had just made a new suit and forgot to insure the garb) and kept it...just an FYI!
I dont see why you wouldnt bless a conjurer's garb as soon as you got it. CBD's are cheap now. 1 mil used to be like having 300 mil now.

T

Turles

lol one of the Chesapeake reporters will come dont worry just make sure you have the gold by then

L

longshanks

i nominate gareth for broker.

maybe the em can find a suitable place.

or the fight nite room that demon runs.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I can broker it for you if you pay me 2gold pieces.

I am co-owned to the Moria fight night house if you wish to hold the duel there. Also might want to contact Nexus see if he would be willing do a video recording of the fight for you, like he did for Dudley dancing.

T

Turles

thats fine you can broker i have np with that. That is a fine place to fight that settles everything for me

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I can broker it for you if you pay me 2gold pieces.

I am co-owned to the Moria fight night house if you wish to hold the duel there. Also might want to contact Nexus see if he would be willing do a video recording of the fight for you, like he did for Dudley dancing.
11:30 EST on the 26th I should be able to do that....without too much issue.. if they would like me to record it of course..

I keep getting requests I'll have to start charging a service fee....

S

Silver Shadow

11:30 EST on the 26th I should be able to do that....without too much issue.. if they would like me to record it of course..

I keep getting requests I'll have to start charging a service fee....
We'd like you to record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.